Create Account

An Apology to the Updaters

It's come to my attention that I've made a grave error that has regrettably caused much distress in the lives of the updating team, and one heroic updater in particular. After an update was missed last week, I - in perhaps my most foolish moment to date - chose to bump two of my players' update threads. One had been missed by updaters the previous week, and another had an update thread whose first post was quite old and would have been buried. I was doing what I thought was best, but it turns out that I was actually setting into motion a chain of events with a catastrophic absence of any negative consequences.

It was today that the hero of our story explained my villainy with righteous fury, just as such a transgression deserved:

[Image: Screenshot_20191006-110222.png]

I was, of course, taken aback. In my haste, I had clearly brought someone such a level of frustration that it was necessary to rake me over the coals of shame in a PM. What I regret even more is that my error caused my player to receive the same verbal whipping that I did, despite not having done anything except faithfully update their new player. @Mook, I'm sorry man. You didn't deserve to get dragged into this.

Another mistake was that I posted these bumps on October 3 (Wednesday). I understand how this may cause someone to think I am an updater, since mid-week work by updaters has been going strong for 50 seasons now.

To the updaters, and to our wonderful updater in particular, I apologize. We're lucky he took the time out of his day to check the thread with recent posts in it, or we might have had a guy missed for the second week in a row. Truly a hero.

[Image: IMG_20191006_133024.jpg]

The strong passive-aggressive wording of the PM really left a mark on me as well. Had I just received a friendly "Hey, noticed you did this, but it's actually a bit confusing for X reason. Thanks" type of PM, I would simply not have done it again. But now I will absolutely, definitely not do it again, and I feel the need to publicly apologize.

Going forward though, I'd appreciate it if you could avoid going at my players for a mistake that was clearly not their own. Please stop. Going after my guys makes it 150% more likely I clap back at a condescending PM. There was no reason for him to receive a confusing PM about something I did and wonder what was going on and why he was catching shit. I'm perfectly able to handle it but I don't like it when my players are taking shots unnecessarily. That make sense?

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Very impressed by your ability to know when you're in the wrong. Let's hope the other GMs in this league can take a page from your book when dealing with similar situations, Tigothy.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

NOW
I’m pissed

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

shame on you tig. we were friends. FRIENDS. Its over now.

I'll get my titty pics from somewhere else.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

1 like = 1 respect for this hero

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers

How dare you disrespect the holy man on a Sunday

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Clap

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

Such nobility for a bottom 5 gm as you are

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 06:30 PM by Blastmeaway.)

Cool Tig gonna launch another attack on the updater team...cause the last one ended so well.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

charge your phone bruh

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

KC is a stand up guy

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

10-06-2019, 06:30 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: Cool Tig gonna launch another attack on the updater team...cause the last one ended so well.
I wish someone would blast you away

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

10-06-2019, 06:34 PMWaters Wrote:
10-06-2019, 06:30 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: Cool Tig gonna launch another attack on the updater team...cause the last one ended so well.
I wish someone would blast you away

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Are you referring to the time where my teammate (not me) TDed the updating team (which I was on at that point) over a year ago?

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

10-06-2019, 06:37 PMnotorioustig Wrote:

Are you referring to the time where my teammate (not me) TDed the updating team (which I was on at that point) over a year ago?

Yes. Because that ended so well....

[Image: Fantobens.gif]