Create Account

S50 SMJHL PT 1: Traditions, Myths, and Legends

It's the weirdest thing, coming from Old Country and playing in Russia you never saw Goliath pay David much mind. Let me explain, you see many of us Ukrainians hold Russia and Russians with such distain due to their recent over lordship over us during the Soviet era. Russia was Goliath, Ukraine, David, the underdogs. In St. Louis, the Scarecrows are three seasons removed from becoming the SMJHL's seconds Dynasty. They are Goliath. The shear hatred for the Detroit Falcons, a team who hasn't done anything of note since S37 is.....unusual. I asked many teammates and all said the same. "Its always been that way". Teddy Cuddles, an old Scarebro Alumni said simply "Fuck Detroit". It is weirdest thing, to care so much about team so outclassed. Perhaps one can speculate that is how St. Louis plays so well, that passion. I guess No matter our success its seems that we just don't like them.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

The weird tradition the Falcons has (besides a tradition of being weirdly good) is the use of a real life bird mascot. This mascot is called Pingy Pingu and he is raised lovingly by the Falcons as a team. Each member contributes to his wellbeing and looking after and it is shared equally as a way of teaching the younger player responsibility and to look out for others as well as themselves. Pingy is unable to communicate normally with humans but the team have learned to decipher his speech into roughly human language so that they can determine roughly what he is trying to say. A quote from Detroit Falcons personality WannabeFinn: “I care more deeply for Pingy than anyone else I have ever met. He is my life and I really can’t imagine not having him around. He really means a lot to me”. This is a sentiment echoed by a majority of people involved with the Falcons who all care deeply for Pingyband what he brings to the team.

171 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

New city new traditions, that's the motto of the Carolina Kraken this days. After spending decades in Montreal the franchise moved south to the US. They left behind all the old traditions and started a new area of how to torment the rookies.

So my day started with a nice invitation for lunch by the teams captain Phineas Gold. He picked me up at home about 10 am. He wanted to show me some interesting places as well, but he lied. We drove 5 minutes and then he said that he just need something from the market first. So we stopped there and suddenly the hole team was in the rearview mirror. They had a very ugly orange costume and a very big Kraken mask for me. They told me that I have to wear it the hole day or do the krak-cocaine. I was pretty sure that I don't want to try the krak-cocaine so I chose the costume and the mask. But after few hours with the big mask on my head I started to think about how much worse the krak-cocaine would have been.

Code:
Joseph Weston: "We do need some new traditions beside that, that and doing krak-cocaine"

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

When Elizabeth Doyle started training with the St. Louis Scarecrows, she quickly had to realise that the two things the team and the alumni liked to shout were ‘Fuck Detroit!’ and ‘Scarecrow Noises!’. Unsure if it was only her understanding of American culture or the weirdness of her teammate, she had to ask what kind of noises Scarecrow were doing. Enter ex-captain Nicolaj Muller, now playing for the Buffalo Stampede, to only answer her question with ‘Yes’. Well, that wasn’t helpful to know what kind of noises Scarecrows are doing. She then turned toward Toronto North Star Forward Mika Kandinsky to know if he would provide a better answer. His only answer was that “The Scarecrows are a first-class organization who have a great reputation for breeding star SHL talent”. She thus turned toward google to help her find out what kind of noises scarecrows were doing. After an infructuous research, she turned to current captain Aron Hernadivic only to be told ‘It’s a prank, kid’.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019, 10:37 AM by soulja.)

As Zlatan's son, I did not know what was awaiting me in the Western world. Oddly enough, i decided to follow a different path than my father and ventured into the world of hockey. Little did I know, that i was equally gifted at Hockey as I was in football. Some may even call me a freak of nature as my athletic abilities are yet to reach their potential. Coming into the draft, I knew I would be selected in the first round and with the 6th OA pick, I was selected to play for the Whalers. This surprised me as for one, that would mean that i would be going to Canada and for two, I never received a message from them. Thus, I remember the first time when I walked in the Whalers locker room. Everyone just sat and stared at me in Dead silence before Aaron Wilson, the captain at that time said:

"GOTCHA BITCH"

Then everyone started screaming and cheering as I stood perplexed. Very odd indeed I said to myself as I wondered if this was a Canadian thing. Soon after I was told by JBP, where I quote " After every game, I go eat poutine. It ain't easy being cheesy". At this point I was like hell with it. These boys needed to man up,so i called up my dad and told him to send the finest girls in Vancouver to our Locker room. From there on, all hell broke loose.....

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

09-29-2019, 09:10 PMej27 Wrote: PT 1 - Traditions, Myths, and Legends

Congratulations, you just got drafted!  Your first order of business?  Learn a little more about your new team.  Every team has its own culture.  Tell us a little bit about your team's weird traditions, myths, or legends.  

Written option: Write about one or more of your new team's traditions, myths, or legends.  Must include 150 words and a quote from one veteran member of your team's locker room.

Graphic option: Make a graphic depicting a tradition/myth/legend from your team in whatever creative format you can come up with. Must include a quote from one veteran member of your team's locker room.

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the options, not both.)

Only S50 SMJHL Rookies (S51 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Deadline
Sunday 10/7 @10PM ET

Here at the whalers we have a very interesting tradition. We lay in wait for the rookie to first enter the locker room and while everyone else welcomes the rook one special individual is chosen to act like we have tons of drama. As soon as the rookies say they are happy to be here or whatever they are right on hand to tell the rookie to "shut the fuck up" the rest of the team acts outraged and after a long show of an argument the super special individual says "I'm undoing my update and banking all my TPE" gets thrown out of the locker room and traded. This is meant to bring rookies closer to their gms at the cost of one soul and we think this sacrifice of the weak makes us a stronger team as a whole. I asked fellow rookie White Goodman to comment on the whole situation to which he had to say. "Meh, to be honest, all i care about is me. If a Loser has to be sacrificed, so be it" he also added on a heightened point of wisdom “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” but sources say that quote my be stolen.

[Image: il_fullxfull.2951208976_e3ir.jpg]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png] [Image: KS8UYv9.png]

PBE Affiliation

Kraken    Wolfpack    Inferno
Player Page  •  Update Page  •  Twitter  •  PBE Affiliate
[Image: oie_t51Jz8170MQ6.gif]
[Image: ZvQVgxr.png]

"Crawdaddy (Scottey Crawfling) is the probably the biggest legend in the SMJHL since I've been here. This man put a team on his back and carried the Raptors to the finals in S44. He's the reason we have the Scottey Crawfling Bowl for Playoff MVP for the Raptors now, and he's a great dude too. Teammate of mine in Manhattan now." -Alex Winters

That was a quote from my locker room when I talked to Alaska about this. Apparently this guy he mentioned is a pro now but he was really good for Colorado awhile ago and left an impact clearly that we still have now today. They say that legends never die, I looked it up and this guy is a goalie so goalies really play a big role in your team winning or losing. Crawfling must have been a winner and helping your team win is how you become that never dying legend. The Raptors have been home to a lot of heroes and the greats that are now pros and it gives us young players hopes that we too can reach this and can be remembered for ages. You have these people to look up to and use as an example and I think that it's great. I am glad to have learned about the team history a little bit.

[Image: oie_floaties.gif]

On my way out of practice the day before preseason started I was passing by the locker room when I heard one of GMs, Brandon Donini, talking to Noah Tedla who was a former player visitng.

"Gibbles occasionally prays to SimonT"

"You join in to be fair"

"Ya but when I do it Simon doesn’t listen"

I was confused however I didn't question them as I didn't want them to know I was eavesdropping. On my way home all that I could think of was why someone would pray to this SimonT and how they did it. In all my time playing hockey in Japan I never heard that name. The next day I questioned my mentor, Monkey D. Luffy, about it and he said it was a team tradition for team success but couldn't tell me what our GMs did to pray. Sadly I never figured it out as the preseason started soon after. I was too busy acclimating to the league and practicing to be worrying about something like that, but mark my words some day I will catch one of our GMs praying.

One tradition that my new team takes seriously is showing recognition to guys who stand out the most during a game (usually a win). My assistant coach told me a story about a game he attended with his dad about 30 years ago.

"Growing up I was a huge Habs fan and one time my father took me to see a Habs/Kings game in Montreal. I was always in awe when I saw the players come out for their pre-game warm-ups and we happened to have seats right next to the Kings hallway that led out to the bench. During the warm-up, Wayne Gretzky was signing autographs and was giving out some of his hockey sticks and I guess because I was a kid and sitting closest to their bench, he was nice enough to sign a silver two-piece Easton stick and hand it over to me. I was in disbelief. Even though he saw I was wearing a Habs jersey he still went out of his way to give me a signed stick. It goes to show why Gretzky was not only the best player of all time but why he's such an unbelievable, well-respected individual in the hockey world."

We now give out that stick to the player who was voted to be the "player of the game" by his peers after a game. That player gets to keep the stick with him until the next game. I personally think it's super cool to get to carry around one of Wayne Gretzky's old sticks to show that you performed and were recognized by your team. I think it's a symbol in the sense that if you work hard, it will pay off in the end. I love that this team wants to be the hardest working team on the ice each and every game and if we keep it up, we will be well on our way to building a winning culture in this organization.

New Sig coming soon...

NSFL PT
Username: ADwyer87
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 11:58 AM by Shmurph.)

The legend of the birth of Outlungus @SpartanGibbles

[Image: CXBHKOm.jpg]