Create Account

S50 WFT #2 - Movie Night

Clearly the Buffalo Stampede movie night will feature none other than "The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3D". This Robert Rodriguez masterpiece is simply one of the greatest movies of its time. The film has a cast of many big name stars. I mean come on! Taylor Lautner as Sharkboy is what got him his role as Jacob in the Twilight series, and Taylor Dooley is out here trying her best as Lava Girl. OH AND DONT GET ME STARTED ON GEORGE LOPEZ. Mr Electricidad is an iconic movie character and if you disagree we can fight. I could go on and on for this movie, but i need to learn restraint.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, and Ragnarr for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

The movie im choosing is the notebook so @Z0REM phineas gold can learn how to treat a woman and stop being such a womanizing pig creature that he has become. Hopefully from watching this epic love story hell learn his bar hoping trap house staying infidelity filled lifestyle is not very becoming of his status as such a highly regarded prospect in the shl although i know it will fall on deaf ears he is what he is a player in every sense of the word.

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2019, 02:49 PM by Nokazoa.)

Jean-Paul is gathering the "family" to watch "Kung Pow Enter the Fist." While some of my teammates have seen this masterpiece of a movie, I feel confident that not all of them have. MUST ESCAPE TINY NET!

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

This is stupid easy, the movie im choosing for Hammy to watch is the best Mighty Ducks movie, Mighty Ducks 2. I realize some will say the first movie is the best, and to that, i say your choices are bad, and you should feel bad.

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

With the Edmonton Blizzard budget completely exhausted after keeping together the championship team, the movie outing budget was surprisingly low. Tokolosh invited all of his teammates over to his place for a special evening anyways. Once there, he explained to his teammates he didnt actually own any movies, other than some old family videos, and a few unmarked VHS tapes that @Lunatyck had sent him.
"Have no fear, teammates, its a friday night, and there are always good background movies on TV!"
a lot of his teammates rolled their eyes.
"well, there are always a few classics playing, and I'll bet you guys that one of these movies is on TV at this very moment!"
This got his teammate's attention.
"What do you mean?" asked the surly @CampinKiller "Do you have a list of movies that you think it could be? this sounds really stupid, id like it in writing."
Tokolosh found that agreeable, so he wrote a list of films that he could guaranteed that one would be broadcast during the friday/saturday primetime. It went as follows:

Grease
Dirty Dancing
Wedding Crashers
8 Mile
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Shooter
Shawshank Redemption
Malibu's Most Wanted

If one of those was on TV, Tokolosh won, and the team would pitch in and host their own movie event, with blackjack and hookers; and if none of those were on, Tokolosh would treat the gang to the new Downton Abbey movie and a large popcorn to share.

Tokolosh was correct, and Malibu's Most Wanted was playing on comedy central. The team was so enthused with the nuanced humor that they sat through the entire film (and steady flow of taco bell commercials). It was a hit!

-- but seriously, one of those movies is playing at all times. if you're reading this on a lazy friday/saturday evening, scroll around through the channels. do it.

see? told you. --

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2019, 02:56 PM by Rublic.)

I would choose the Movie "Cocktail" staring Tom Cruise. As Atlas Rush Owns Pr%f Cocktail Lounge in both Halifax and Calgary he will point out things that actually happen in industry and things that are just a show for the industry. I will also be serving up the "red eye" cocktail that is featured in this movie! It consists of Vodka, a whole egg, Tomato juice and cold beer!

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

This is easy.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Not only is it hilarious - it's one of the most quotable movies ever. Whether you want a good PG joke: The weather outside is weather. A PG-13 joke: I just went from 6 to midnight or an R joke: Off to find the mythical clitoris!. There is something for everyone.

Top 5 underrated movies

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

If Joe K is choosing a movie for a Movie Night with the New Orleans Specters, I'm going to pick Pulp Fiction. It's my favorite movie of all time, and i think it's hilarious. I'd love to share that movie with my friends, especially if they haven't seen it before.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

The movie I'd pick would be Blues Brothers. Two guys out trying to save the place and people who raised them, right wrong or indifferent. Great music, tons of funny segments. Powerful enough to turn Goat piss into gasoline. Honestly, if you heard that tagline wouldn't you WANT to see what the hell that man was talking about? It's what drew me in.

Tampa Bay roster will watch together a very new movie "Joker" and it will be a very good movie to watch because some watched it and it is one of the best already.

[Image: giphy.gif]

If Mika is in charge of picking for move night, he's picking D2 the Mighty Ducks every time. It is Mika's favorite film and he will not pass up an opportunity to watch this one with the boys. The movie is a classic and it's about hockey and friends, what is not to love. Mika especially enjoys the pure talent of sniper Gunnar Stahl.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

10-11-2019, 01:00 PMml002 Wrote: Easy answer, Miracle as it's one of the best sports movies of all-time and if you disagree I'll fight you. It's amazing in just about every facet of sports films and made all more impressive that the actors for the players aren't actors but actual hockey players

Yes yes yes! I approve.

If I'm making the Buffalo Stampede locker room watch a movie, I think I might choose something like Yesterday or Bohemian Rhapsody, just so they all have to endure me singing along to every damn word of the songs. My parents raised me right.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

10-11-2019, 02:16 PMdmills3 Wrote:
10-11-2019, 02:07 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Hamilton would have to watch Super Troopers.. It's just a classic comedy film and we all love to joke around so it would go over pretty well. Definitely a better pick than watching the Penguins win a cup or two.. blegh...

We could watch the Canucks riot.. or does that hit too close to home Wink

Naw we can watch it, that's cool... I'm not sad about it or anything......

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Well both me and Nick Brain would want our teammates to watch Youngblood, cause I feel its the best hockey film of all time. I know people would clamour for Slap Shot, and thats a great movie, but I feel its a comedy that involves hockey. Youngblood actually sees some real hockey played instead of a tale of goonery and a team being uprooted (Its a good tale but the hockey being played isn't all that great).

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

As the Tampa roster is fairly young, we would probably avoid 18+ movies to not scare them to death, so I think the latest Lion King would fit well with the LR and everyone would enjoy it!

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]