Create Account

S50 WFT #2 - Movie Night

Brokeback Mountain is my pick.

A legendary film that educates and entertains. Less known SHL related fact, Brokeback Mountain inspired the creation of our very own Texas Renegades, so for the newer members in New England, this will be a great way to learn more about the league as well.

The team has got the pop corn ready and The Mighty Ducks 2 fired up in the dvd player. They will all be trying to pull of the triple deke next practice.

GOD McZehrl would bring up the Avengers Movies and I mean all of the Avengers Universe. As GOD he has the time to watch them all and he loves them all.

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Everyone needs to see Die hard at least once, so i would sit the whole team down, get some beers, get some popcorn and have a Die hard Marathon running through the first 3 films of the series, the 4th movie would be an optional viewing and hell no we aren't wasting time on the 5th one.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

If it was up to PB, he would always choose to watch the boondock saints movie because being raised a strong polish catholic, he always believes God is on his side when playing in games. Since the guys in boondock saints were all about the man above, PB reocmmends this flick for the team

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig

The Chicago Syndicate discord wouldn't be watching movies, although they may enjoy the Godfather, but would rather be watching League of Legends cinematics and VODs so that @kit and @Naosu can finally get good

Thursday night is movie night in the Dragons LR and with the team starting off slow, Izzy brought in 2 underdog sports movies for the guys to watch and marinate over, hopefully inspiring them to continue fighting into the playoffs and towards the challenge cup!

[Image: v1.bTsxMTIwNDkzNjtqOzE4MjY0OzEyMDA7MjI1MDszMDAw]

The first movie we watched is called 'the Natural'... about a player named Roy Hobbs who out of nowhere takes a losing MLB baseball team to the top of the league. A great sports movie btw!  

[Image: MV5BNDYyODhiNmQtYzI2Ni00NDRjLWIwYzYtN2M5...68_AL_.jpg]

Then after Esa ordered chicken Parm heros for everyone, we watched 'The Rookie' ... about a Texas baseball coach who makes the Tampa Bay Rays after agreeing to try out if his high school team made the playoffs. Another great sports flick!

Dragonite  Dragonite

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I don't think there could be a better movie to watch amongst the boys than Dirty Dancing. A story about a lady who goes and does some dancing and gets dirty while she dances. If the boys aren't into ballet then they can heck right off. Shows you how to move your feet on the ice and stuff.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

FR and the rest of the Halifax team would be watching a classic, Strange Brew. With crude humor and the wild antics of the brothers from the Great White North, it only makes since to watch such a revered and absolutely ridiculous film. Plus, there's some really weird hockey being played.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

Baby Driver. I would normally grab a Spider-Man movie, because those are always fantastic to me, but the best movie I've seen recently is Baby Driver. Music, story, all of it. It is just head and shoulders above the rest. It will also show some of the not so great playlist creators how important music can be to getting things going.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

If I had to pick a movie for my team to watch, I'd pick Tombstone because it's my all time favorite. Val Kilmer is excellent in that movie. If you haven't seen it, run, don't walk! Watch it now!

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

My choice is What We Do in the Shadows. It is very silly and fun. It’s a funny take on a vampire movie, and I especially like Rhys Darby as a werewolf. I love it, and I want other people to enjoy it too.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

On the bus ride to their next game, Anthony Archer would pick Goon or Goon 2, whichever may be available, for the Colorado Raptors because no movie gets the boys going like Goon.

Anthony Archer - S49 12th Overall
1x IIHF Silver Medalist (S51)
2x WJC Gold Medalist (S48, S49)
2x Four Star Cup Finalist (S48, S50)
SMJHL: 42G 40A 82P 304HIT // SHL: 17G 17A 34P 326HIT

[Image: AA42.png]

For Calgary movie night without a doubt we'd have to watch one of Kata's favorites, Enter The Dragon with Bruce Lee. What's not to love, one dude kicking everyone's ass kind of like the Dragons do in the SHL.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

10-11-2019, 01:14 PMfrithjofr Wrote: When I was a little kid I was pretty obsessed with the movie Starship Troopers. It's a cheesy, over the top, pro-fascist propaganda film on the surface but if you dig a little deeper it's a pretty solid meta commentary on how easily fascism can overtake a society and how appealing it can seem. When I was a kid, I picked up on none of that nuance. It was dudes killing bugs, and there were boobies. And Denise Richards. One year when I was a kid my family invited the neighbors over for Thanksgiving, and they had a girl about my age. She and I were bored while parents were talking and I suggested we watch my favorite movie, so about 10 minutes into the film when a dude gets ripped in half she started to cry... Maybe I should have warned her.

And, then, a Thanksgiving tradition was born. I watch the movie every year and, now, so does my Anchorage Armada team. Nothing builds team camaraderie like watching dudes squash bugs together and maybe a certain team captain jumping up on the couch and re-enacting several lines from the movie. YOU WANT SOME? WHAT, YOU WANTED THIS? Everybody fights, nobody quits.

This is legit one of my favourite movies as well for all the same reasons.

The Thanksgiving tradition also reminds me of a great annual movie tradition which we can do next time I'm in anchorage with that lockerroom, by which I mean I will specifically book a flight out there on the 4th of November.

Cause on the fifth of November we're watching V for Vendetta. Great film with an amazing cast. Plus as is tradition I will be making everyone eggy in the basket cooked in real butter to accompany the film viewing.

Quote:Remember, remember!
   The fifth of November,
   The Gunpowder treason and plot;
   I know of no reason
   Why the Gunpowder treason
   Should ever be forgot!

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page