Create Account

S50 PT #3 - Aches & Pains

During the course of the season, almost every part of my body is going to be in some kind of pain at some point. There's no escaping it as a professional athlete. Right now I have some pretty bad pain and mobility issues in my left wrist from a wonderful slash I took from Gary Grease a couple of games ago (Thanks for the Gary). There's not much you can do to prevent injuries that happen during the game, all you can do is listen to the training staff and try to get back as soon as possible. You need to focus on what you can control and that's your time in the gym and working out. It's difficult to balance working as hard as you can to get better while not getting tired and hurting yourself. I see a lot of young guys come up and try too hard and self-destruct. I'm not saying don't work out. Obviously, you need to stay in shape but have a strong plan with the training staff and always communicate how you're feeling physically so they can adapt your training. Do that and you'll set yourself up for the best chance at success in the SHL.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Something fucky is going on in this league. Something funny, and I WILL get to the bottom of it. Loads of kids break bones. It happens. Adults do it too, it's just a way of life. So then, please tell me why the fuck I went the complete opposite way over my leg bone and it didn't even dislocate? How the fuck does that happen? Don't get me wrong it hurts, and it hurts like a bitch, but it's nothing I can't push through. How is that fuckin possible? There's some supernatural powers at hand here. Ghosts? Witches? The collective salt of the SHL fusing itself into the players and making them immortal? I think that's the most likely. Been a lot of drama sailing around recently so maybe it's increased our immortal-ness. Can you even have varying amounts of immortality? Fuck if I know but It's the only thing that explains my invincible fucking leg bone.

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

Like many players Mikhail Lokitonov has been playing with pain for awhile. It happens, especially when you've been playing such a physical sport for so long. Not to mention that Loki is smaller than your average hockey player both in size and mass. Naturally the usual pains in ankles and knees like you'd expect from someone who skates for a living, but more recently Loki's back has been giving him more issues than anything else. It's a thing that runs through his family, his father and grandfather both suffer with a bad back in their old age, and there is some worry that this is an early onset form of it, but treatment seems to make it bearable. In the past few off-seasons he has focused a lot more on taking care of his body to extend his playing days as far as possible and leave his mark on the SHL.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Alex Winters is currently suffering the effects of falling down the stairs of his Manhattan townhouse. Coming down the stairs after getting dressed before a home game, his foot slipped off the top step in his socks, and he slammed his back into the top stair as he slid down. Bruising his forearm on the railing as well, he’s be struggling with the back pain since that. He’s made good friends with the training staff as he comes in each day for his electroshock therapy to try and loosen up his back. Additionally, he’s been having his wrist and hand taped similarly to a boxer since he played in juniors, and he had already gotten very comfortable with the training room and staff with the Manhattan Rage since he was drafted here in S43. It helps for his once a year fight, but it doesn’t help at all with his brick hands.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

DuBølk, being the physical giant he is, has had a number of injuries. Anything from bruised ribs to fractures, he has had them. Recently, his main injury is with his shoulders, since he's been trying to check much more often. Even when he makes the check, it puts a lot of pressure on his shoulders, making it hurt when he tries to go to sleep, since he sleeps on his sides. While he has tried many painkillers, his shoulders hurt a lot of the time, often having to go through the pain during workouts and shooting sessions. Recently, however, he's found that a few minutes in an ice bath, followed by a hot shower, eases the pain by a large amount. usually, before practice, he gets in the ice bath for about 10 minutes (he's used to the cold), then hops in the shower to warm up (about 10 minutes).

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

This is hard for me to talk about. I have been playing hockey for over 15 years now and I have had many concussions over the years; at different levels, youth, juniors, the pros. Sometimes when I make up in the morning, I feel like I was ran over by a truck and I sometimes don’t know where I am at or the time of day. Every time I am about to get ice on the ice, I have a split-second instinct of trying to get out of the way and not worry about where the puck is. But I am a team player and I will sacrifice my body for the better of the team. I have hidden concussions from team staff and even fellow teammates. The headaches start and never stop. But as of being drafted in to the SHL and meeting the New Orleans training staff. They helped developed a strategy to fight my reoccurring concussions and the headaches that they brought along. If it wasn’t for the training staff, I am not sure if I would still be playing hockey.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

When you're a fuckin' goon like Nastya O'Koivu, everything is going to hurt. She's sore all of the time, and lord knows she's got her fair share of bruised/broken bones between all the hitting and all the fighting. So, at the end of the day, it's just kind of a way of life to be dealing with some sort of tender spot, sore movements, etc. She's been doing this since she was a kid, the wear-and-tear accumulates over time. To try and take care of herself as best as she can, she takes many hot salt baths for the muscles. In addition, she has a fabulous relationship with the Tampa Bay training staff. And by fabulous, what I mean is that at least they smile at her when they're stitching her up after she's gotten into a fistfight over jack shit on the ice.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

Gunnar has a number of little aches and pains that he's learned to tune out during his time playing hockey. He has a scar on his left leg just above his knee where he got a nasty slice from a skate blade playing pond hockey as a young teenager, which gives him a dull ache sometimes (it's more obnoxious than actually painful; mostly the nerves there just feel numb). He has also (as of this moment) blocked three shots this season, and swears he can still feel every single one of them. The trainers have assured him that the bruises have definitely healed up by now, but Gunnar can still point out exactly where each one of them hit, and has committed to learning how to block shots more effectively when it's necessary (and is also working hard to improve his backchecking in order to make blocking shots at least a little bit less necessary for anybody).

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2019, 09:54 PM by Briedaqueduc.)

What hurts the most for Simon is his back and shoulders. LeBlanc has been laying many hits this season, and he feels the repercussion every day. He didn't really feel that kind of pain before being drafted by Kelowna. It started really to hurt a lot in his first season, since he wasn't used to playing hockey at this kind of level. It then grew a little more each season, but this season is the worst, because he's been laying more hits this season. To deal with the pain, LeBlanc is often being treated by the team's chiropractor. He goes there about three times a week. Also, LeBlanc has realised that stretching well before games and practices helped out with reducing the pain. LeBlanc is really thankful for the amazing medical staff that the Knights have, because they have always treated him well and helped with his pain. Simon wouldn't be able to perform as well without them.

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Third pairing minutes with starting the majority of them all in your zone can be annoying sometimes, man. It's a grind to play 12-13 long, hard minutes when all you do is put your body on the line. I know I'll be able to play my game to its full extent, and being in the same ballpark as Mathias Seger and Geoff Moore in hits (41), blocked shots (40), and only take 1 penalty this entire year is pretty impressive, but it's not fun heading back into the locker room with the biggest bruises all over my arms and legs. Medical team chuckles at my moaning from time to time, but normally I'll take some painkillers, and other times, it's a simple ice job. I'd take an ice bath, but knowing @TheHockeyist, he might try and make the bath feel like Mr. Freeze's ice chambers and I don't feel like turning into a popsicle. I might just need to keep drinking protein shakes and hit more weights cause 20:00/game's worth blocking shots sounds like a death sentence.

[Image: noahshl.gif]

Switzerland Outlaws Chiefs  Player Page  Updates  Chiefs Outlaws Switzerland