Create Account

S50 PT #3 - Aches & Pains

After playing in the SHL for 13 and a half seasons Phelps often has many aches and pains. You can't play the hard two way game that he does without taking the bumps and bruises that come with it. The most chronic issue Phelps has is back pain, it was really slowing him down for a while until he started taking CBD oil. The league seems to frown on the use of marijuana, but CBD oil tends to get a pass and it has really helped Phelps get past the back pain and get back to playing in prime form. The other thing that he does for pain management is baths and massages, the Steelhawks have an in house therapist that helps with these situations and managing the pain. Without the help of the team Phelps might not have the long playing career he's had, and I expect with the treatments he is undergoing now he should be able to keep playing for a long time.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Man, hearing this rings so true for me. Over the offseason, I did a pretty hardcore training regimen with some of my friends from Anchorage, namely Nolan Sawchuk @Jepox, Darnell Johnson @frithjofr, Jonas Larsen @DaftRaincloud, and Ian Venables @"toirekari". Some of the workouts were brutal; the phrase "dude I went to a stick and puck yesterday for like an hour and I'm so sore" sounds extremely familiar to me - it's no doubt a thought we all shared over the course of the offseason. Muscle soreness is no stranger at this point, and I've gotten used to coping with it. The best treatment for me happens away from the training room, though the NEW training staff is excellent. For me the best recovery is to find a nice freshwater river and go for a soak - the colder the better. For whatever reason, I feel more at home and my body recovers better in a genuine freshwater river than in an ice bath tub or a pool.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Harvey Danger has had two nagging pains during his eight season career: His shoulders and his shins.

As a player who destroys the opposition along the wall with thunderous hits, Danger's shoulders can hurt from absolutely teeing up on a forward trying to score. But, unfortunately, he is not hitting at a 100% rate, and spends a lot of time missing the player and ramming himself into the boards. Every game it hurts a little more as shoulder meets glass and really, he does not go to the gym enough to build shoulder muscle.

His shins hurt after every game because, if you haven't noticed, Texas isn't at the top of the standings meaning that the other team gets a lot of shots. Being the prideful guy that he is, he puts his body in front of more shots than he really should and pays the price.

The trainers give him shots of whiskey for the pain. It feels great now but there may be serious consequences down the line.

Being a defenseman, and especially a rookie defenseman, you need to put your body on the line to make plays. Getting in the lane to block shots is key for keeping pucks out of the back of your net and Jack Wilson knows all about that. The Lethbridge dental center is seriously considering naming one of the chairs in their practice after the young defenseman for the amount of dental work that he has had done in recent months. The ice crew in the Lethbridge's arena is considering taking on the name "the tooth fairies" considering the number of chickelts they have picked up from Wilson. The training staff suggested solution to Wilson if he wanted to come out of his SHL career not looking like George Washington was to start wearing a full fishbowl, an idea that Wilson quickly rejected. "It's hockey if you come out with a full set of teeth you are not doing it right".

[Image: 4bGW0Vw.png]

Jules Watt doesn't get hurt from hockey, what kind of player does? Everyone just fakes injuries out on the ice to get a whistle, or get a breather. The only way Watt gets hurt is by playing league with @kit. There have been many reports of the Syndicate's all star defenseman coming to practice or even game with injuries to his hands, which he claims are from frustration and banging his hand against his desk. The cause of the frustration is unknown, but it many are assuming it's from League of Legends matches. Astute fans have checked the site "op.gg" where they claim kit has intentionally fed in multiple games, reporting scores of 0/13/0, 0/7/0, and an outstanding 1/28/2. Watt hasn't confirmed these claims, but he hasn't denied them either. Over the last stretch of games it seems his mental game has also deteriorated, and there may be a correlation between Jules losing league games and the Syndicate losing SHL games. It seems the only solution may be to start playing with @Kylrad

Man, Boivin is a hard hitting player. Breaking 100 hits last year, Jean-Paul hasn't left the ice without feeling some pain. First thing first, his whole body hurts after a particular game day. I mean, you get four hits in a night at high speeds, and you see what happens. If one looks over Jean-Paul's draft resume, you can tell that he wanted to continue to be a hard hitter. It's safe to say that he has met that goal. However, the pain stays longer and longer with each passing season. What use to be shrugged off with a good night's sleep, now requires a few days of rest. If it wasn't for the Whaler's staff, Jean-Paul would not be making the strides he has. Their post game routine includes an ice bath, an arm massage, some Molson Canadian, and lastly a stretch routine. The "Boi" gets low. It's hard to better your skills when every part of you hurts. Off-the-record, Jean-Paul has expressed an interest in deemphasizing his role as a physical presence as he moves on with his career.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Akira Ren’s sophomore season in the SMJHL has been extremely rough. His performance has been extremely disappointing especially compared to his amazing rookie season. A large factor of this might be the fact he is playing through some significant back pain. Being on the road and travelling a lot hasn’t helped as Ren has commented that sleeping in different uncomfortable mattresses in hotels has made the pain even worse. This has also led Ren suffering from insomnia and falling asleep in team meetings. Luckily Lethbridge Lions General Mangers Jordan Nugent Hall and Corey Kennedy have sought the best help they can for Ren. They have hired a world renowned physiotherapist to work with Ren and provide him with some needling and muscle relaxation techniques. They have also been shipping around Ren’s favorite mattress on the road with them so he can get a good night’s sleep and have hired a cognitive behaviour therapist to help him get over his insomnia. Hopefully the new training staff and his comfortable mattress can help Ren get back on track and allow him to once again become a top defenseman for the Lethbridge Lions.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Kirkby luckily hasn't suffered from any injuries although he did have a minor back strain from carrying the UK for the last few seasons. Otherwise it's all the normal muscle and joint soreness from being on the ice for twenty five minutes every other night. With West Kendall Platoon gradually lowering the minutes for its aging stars Kirkby has had to step up and take on the majority of the workload playing significant even strength minutes as well as being on both special teams units. At this point in the season he is well on track for one hundred and fifty plus hits and will probably be getting close to one hundred shot blocks as well. These bumps shunts all add up and he will surely be needing a decent and well deserved summer holiday to rest and recuperate after West Kendall lift another challenge cup in this post season.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

PBE Affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

Quote:Written task (150+ words on the topic, example prompts listed here): What hurts? What helps you deal with the pain? Has it gotten worse over time? How have you been getting along with the training staff and what are they doing to help you out?

Without a doubt the worst injury that Max ever incurred during a game wasn't a broken bone or a gnarly stick to the mouth, it was an errant slap shot and ricochet off a teammate's stick that rocketed the puck straight into Max's testicles during an off season training game. Immediately Max's stomach dropped and intense pain shook through his body. His body went limp and he fell to the ice as the play continued, Max tried to regain his strength to skate to the bench but the pain was so fierce, the play had to be stopped and Max couldn't finish the game. What happened was his hockey cup actually shattered at the point of contact allowing the puck to crush his left testicle almost to full rupture but after a week of recovery, multiple icings and over 3 ounces of medical marijuana smoked, Max recovered and his testicle retained full recovery. Thankfully since that day he's had zero residual effects from the injury and due to a fantastic training staff on hand, Max's beanbag was never in any terminal danger.

182 Words

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

The real pain for Skao Anazibf isn't the physical pain but rather the emotional pain that comes after a bad game. These thoughts have manifested themselves since Anazibf's youth, in effect making it so that he's always "playing hurt". His heart feels very heavy and often he cries in the lockerroom. To deal with this, he spends time with his teammates who help him forget the pain, and occasionally binge eats/drinks which is probably not great for his career but every once in a while couldnt hurt anybody. It's hard to say whether it's gotten better or worse as some days are up and some are down but he cops with it a bit better now even if some days are harder, so as a whole it's gotten better. Team training staff keeps napkins and apple juice on hand for Anazibf after big losses to console him and let him know he'll get em next time.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

What hurts you ask? Everything hurts. It’s true. There are bruises up and down my legs and torso from blocking shots. My hands, wrists, and shoulders are on fire from fighting. My chest and arms hurts from laying bitches out, and my feet hurt from playing as much as I do. It is all worth it though. My job is simple. Get in front of shots, remove players from the puck, and protect my team. That’s it. My job is to make sure that the rest of the team is in the best position possible to win games. Knowing that I am doing this is what lets me sleep at night. That and the vodka of course. Due to the ridiculous drug policy in the SHL, vodka is the only thing I can use to help. I just wish the SHL would finally get with the times and review that drug policy, it would help make us a more attractive league and it might help players play longer.

[Image: horvat3.png]

[Image: ice-bath.jpg]

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

PBE PT

Along with the usual soreness from spending hours at the stick and puck nearly every day, Olivier has an on and off ankle injury thing from blocking a particularly hard shot early on in his rookie season. It's not enough to keep him off the ice (nothing is, because what are injuries?), but every so often it flares up and he has to take some painkillers, ice it a bit, and do meditative exercises to take his mind off it (he is very bad at them). The team trainers suspect it might be a mental thing more than an actual persistent problem, since it seems a little absurd to still be having a problem a year and a half later in an injury-less world, and Olivier would definitely like to believe that. It seems a lot less scary than something deeply fucked up happening inside his million dollar ankle that might one day end up being career-ending. Right... back to the deep breathing.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates