Create Account

More PBPs

Remove TPE from PbP’s, make the reward entirely $$ based

It’s glorified media at best, and hastily made garbage unworthy of reading at worst

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

If we do increase the number of play by plays we should probably look at forcing them to be done sooner. Having to wait up to 18 hours for the results is kinda crazy. Back when we did games 5-7 of every series as a pbp it took a lot longer to get through the playoffs. I don't mind it but we were running out of people to do them after a while, no one wanted to do that much work, and the last thing we want is the same people doing multiple pbps, it burns them out hard.

If we decided to go the other direction and eliminate the pbp I'd be okay with that too. I don't really understand the people saying we need to replace the potential to earn 8 TPE though, TPE earnings are already over inflated, it's actually probably better for the league to just eliminate that extra TPE.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2019, 07:12 PM by luke.)

People out here saying people who pbp are garbage where I think I do pretty good PBP’s that keep people interested on what’s happening.

What I usually do is write the whole thing beforehand, include gifs of goals, some gifs of hits, and maybe a picture or 2. I try to plan 1 post every 2 minutes, or less, so they aren’t waiting too long(at points it was 1 post a minute)

Pbps for me take around 2-3 hours of writing, collective gifs, and then 1 1/2-2 hours to present.

The bad ones that you are waiting for 5 minutes for a couple lines of text. Now there are circumstances where a person drops out last minute and someone has to write on the fly(I’ve been in the situation, it sucks all around) so if we minimize the wait time between posts and increase the quality a bit then it would be an enjoyable experience. For example I enjoyed the IIHF bronze medal pbp. Also the ones that are video are a nice touch as well

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

10-10-2019, 03:01 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: If we do increase the number of play by plays we should probably look at forcing them to be done sooner. Having to wait up to 18 hours for the results is kinda crazy. Back when we did games 5-7 of every series as a pbp it took a lot longer to get through the playoffs. I don't mind it but we were running out of people to do them after a while, no one wanted to do that much work, and the last thing we want is the same people doing multiple pbps, it burns them out hard.

If we decided to go the other direction and eliminate the pbp I'd be okay with that too. I don't really understand the people saying we need to replace the potential to earn 8 TPE though, TPE earnings are already over inflated, it's actually probably better for the league to just eliminate that extra TPE.

how else i gonna make it to 2200 without annoying other communities on the internet

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

10-10-2019, 12:33 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: or get rid of them, pbps are awful and nobody likes them.

Find another way for +8 tpe (like my suggestions of a weekly picture chain)

This x1000

I'd love a way to get the +8 another way cause I aint doing them.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

10-10-2019, 01:30 PMスウェグキング Wrote: Im ok with more pbps if the games are updated in the index when its simmed. I dont want to wait even more to see the results.

They did that for a season and it was miserable. I had literally 2 people in the PbP with me. Never again.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

10-10-2019, 09:34 PMEggy216 Wrote:
10-10-2019, 01:30 PMスウェグキング Wrote: Im ok with more pbps if the games are updated in the index when its simmed. I dont want to wait even more to see the results.

They did that for a season and it was miserable. I had literally 2 people in the PbP with me. Never again.

Sounds like the perfect solution then Cool

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

10-10-2019, 07:22 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
10-10-2019, 03:01 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: If we do increase the number of play by plays we should probably look at forcing them to be done sooner. Having to wait up to 18 hours for the results is kinda crazy. Back when we did games 5-7 of every series as a pbp it took a lot longer to get through the playoffs. I don't mind it but we were running out of people to do them after a while, no one wanted to do that much work, and the last thing we want is the same people doing multiple pbps, it burns them out hard.

how else i gonna make it to 2200 without annoying other communities on the internet

you won't, I might not even with annoying other communities Wink

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

10-11-2019, 01:32 PMStamkosFan Wrote:
10-10-2019, 07:22 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: how else i gonna make it to 2200 without annoying other communities on the internet

you won't, I might not even with annoying other communities Wink

how do you have almost an 80 tpe lead lhahaha

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

10-11-2019, 01:37 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
10-11-2019, 01:32 PMStamkosFan Wrote: you won't, I might not even with annoying other communities Wink

how do you have almost an 80 tpe lead lhahaha

many things; recruitment, mock draft, fantasy, other 1 uncapped tryharding Smile

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]