Create Account

SHL "Hopes" to Address Job Pay Incongruencies

10-11-2019, 10:21 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: Also @ArGarBarGar would you agree that HOF Committee should be decreased to about $364,000 per season? Because in the SHL Awards Committee, we nominate, from the entire pool of SHL players, between 3-5 players for a total of 11 awards. And then vote on each of those 11. The process for making nominations alone (and not voting) for a single award is about the same effort as each member of the HOF Committee has to make in a single season. So, realistically, SHL Awards Committee members should be paid, bare minimum, 11 times what an HOF Committee Member makes.

It seems really odd to me you'd pick on a job getting paid less than Awards Committee in an argument to get more money by saying they should be paid even less money. But I'm not a very smart person.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

when a bum like me has a bank account that’s close to 90 mil you know somethings wrong

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

10-11-2019, 08:17 AMTommySalami Wrote: If you have an issue with pay, step-down and write those media articles you're talking about.

If you look at the job postings section, it's pretty clear we have a saturated job market in the SHL. I can only speak for myself, but I've applied for a few jobs over the past months and haven't gotten anything and that's as a GM on the site.

Either the pay is fine for these jobs or people are getting intrinsic value from having an important role on the site. I don't see why we need to make it more difficult for new members to get jobs.

the only pay that is good in this league is updaters. Very little job turnover cause people like the pay.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

10-11-2019, 10:21 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: Also @ArGarBarGar would you agree that HOF Committee should be decreased to about $364,000 per season? Because in the SHL Awards Committee, we nominate, from the entire pool of SHL players, between 3-5 players for a total of 11 awards. And then vote on each of those 11. The process for making nominations alone (and not voting) for a single award is about the same effort as each member of the HOF Committee has to make in a single season. So, realistically, SHL Awards Committee members should be paid, bare minimum, 11 times what an HOF Committee Member makes.

Based on this logic the top-100 should be getting upwards of $8 mil a season considering they go through 140+ players every season and have to determine which players are at what level and compared to the rest of the league based on not one, not two, but three seasons of play.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

10-11-2019, 11:29 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:

Based on this logic the top-100 should be getting upwards of $8 mil a season considering they go through 140+ players every season and have to determine which players are at what level and compared to the rest of the league based on not one, not two, but three seasons of play.

sure pay them their worth... idk why this league is so resistant in everything lol

10-11-2019, 11:30 AMTnlAstatine Wrote:
10-11-2019, 11:29 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: Based on this logic the top-100 should be getting upwards of $8 mil a season considering they go through 140+ players every season and have to determine which players are at what level and compared to the rest of the league based on not one, not two, but three seasons of play.

sure pay them their worth... idk why this league is so resistant in everything lol

I am not going to argue they are worth 8 mil.

You have to draw some kind of line with how people are paid so there is a proper amount of demand for jobs and we don't have half the league with a $100 mil bank account.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

10-11-2019, 11:33 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
10-11-2019, 11:30 AMTnlAstatine Wrote: sure pay them their worth... idk why this league is so resistant in everything lol

I am not going to argue they are worth 8 mil.

You have to draw some kind of line with how people are paid so there is a proper amount of demand for jobs and we don't have half the league with a $100 mil bank account.

i think we have to go based on updaters? 
Only job that seems worth the pay, unless you wanna be doing the job like a GM role.

10-11-2019, 09:18 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: I'm more annoyed by the constant delaying than by the pay itself. If HO were to say "No raise, sorry" then I could live with that, but for seasons now we've been hearing "we'll talk about it" and "we'll have something on it next season" and nothing ever happens, and that feels quite disrespectful after a while.

Ya, I brought up the budget rules every offseason for like 5 seasons, and kept being told it was "coming"... it's very frustrating. I get there are factors at play that HO can't control, but it is still frustrating to be told repeatedly to keep waiting. The league seems very shy about giving money... like capitalism has infected our little fantasy hockey world, where people's efforts need a $ value, and we can't give people too much or they'll be lazy and not contribute to society.

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

Universal Basic Income when?

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2019, 12:53 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

When i was PTD i had people bitching to eggy and dangles about the department making to much money and hiring to many people, even though most would admit that the department was run well and the people in it did excellent work. (Much of that was due to a good salary and fair work for pay) There’s a stigma in this place about keeping the jobs low and the pay lower... not sure why it is this way.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

10-11-2019, 12:44 PMGrapehead Wrote: Universal Basic Income when?
I think that's the Min Contract

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

10-11-2019, 12:45 PMMike Izzy Wrote: When i was PTD i had people bitching to eggy and dangles about the department making to much money and hiring to many people, even though most would admit that the department was run well and the people in it did excellent work. (Much of that was due to a good salary and fair work for pay) There’s a stigma in this place about keeping the jobs low and the pay lower... not sure why it is this way.

And it’s not like everyone just hires at will. I’ve applied for openings like 10 times and always get rejected yet sometimes I feel like I have more site experience than others who get the job over me. There does need to be something done over this.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs