Create Account

Ultimate SHL Discussion Ice Cream
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2019, 11:08 AM by SpartanGibbles.)

Some of you may remember when I took it upon myself to run a 68 seed bracket to find out what the best flavor of pop tarts was. Well I have a 4 day weekend and I've been day drinking so I decided it was time for another tournament. This time it will be a bit cooler as we search the best ice cream flavor in all the land. I went through a few different online lists and got 68 participants for this glorious tournament. Each Round will take place over the course of 1 Day with results being posted the next day along with the next voting process. The seeding outside of the top 4 and bottom 4 is completely random so complain about how your favorite flavor got shafted all you want. I will have the first round open a little longer but each round will close at 8 am EST. Links to vote will be posted down below the bracket as we advance past each round. The bracket will be updated with scores each day. In the event of a tie, I will flip a coin and let fate decide.

Bracket Home: https://challonge.com/shlcream

Round 1: Ends 10/13 @ 8 AM Closed
Round 2: Ends 10/14 @ 8 AM Closed
Round 3: Ends 10/15 @ 8 AM Closed
Round 4: Ends 10/16 @ 8 AM Closed
Round 5: Ends 10/17 @ 8 AM Closed
Semifinals: Ends 10/18 @ 8 AM Closed
Finals Ends 10/19 @ 8 AM Closed

[Image: shlcream.svg]

Round 1
Play-in Round

For this round we start out a bit smaller with 4 total matches to be played. I went with 4 flavors of Sherbert to play in against a few ice cream flavors. While Sherbert is not really ice cream, I felt the addition of dairy products to it's construction should give it a chance to compete in this cool contest.

Voting: https://forms.gle/tsNN6ckxSNAgxsLg7

Round 2: Icy 64

Round 1 saw 4 Flavors move on to the next round. Orange Sherbert was the only Sherbert to win it's match-up and will move on to the 64 Round with Banana, Turtle, and
Smores. Unlucky for them they find themselves matched up against the top 4 seeds in Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, and Mint Chocolate Chip. This is the biggest voting round of the tournament with 32 matches to be decided. Be sure to support your favorites as the look to move onto the Thicc 32.

Voting: https://forms.gle/R3UfXvdC5QqBbnr97

Round 3: Thicc 32
With the conclusion of Round 2 we see 32 flavors yeeted into oblivion. We had a few close match ups with 2 being decided by coin flip(Superman and Confetti won their match-ups).
All of the Top 4 Seeds made it past the play-in winners although strawberry won by a single vote. No flavor had a flawless victory this round but a few were only 1 vote shy of it. We look at 16 match-ups today as we prepare for the Sweet 16.

Voting: https://forms.gle/i1Cx6wWa7iTawQEw9

Round 4: Sweet 16
With the Thicc 32 in the rearview window, we move onto Round 4. Today's round will feature 8 matches with all 4 Top Seeds still surviving; although Mint Chocolate Chip was 1 of 4 matches last round that was decided by a single vote. Chocolate was the only clean victory of the last round. We are finally getting down to the wire as many strong competitors will be vying for the shot at being the SHL's Favorite Ice Cream Flavor

Voting: https://forms.gle/PNgHhSQVzw51cg6w6

Round 5: Endothermic 8

The Sweet 16 has concluded and 8 competitors stand tall hoping to win it all. Today we will see 4 Matches before moving on to the Frosty 4 Semifinals. 2 of the Top 4 fell out with narrow losses last round(Mint Chocolate Chip & Strawberry). Soon we will know what is the SHL's Favorite Flavor.

Semifinals: Frosty 4

Today we say goodbye to 4 flavors and move onto the Frosty 4. Chocolate, Vanilla, Cookie Dough, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough all advance to the Semifinals where they will duke it out. We have two matches on the block today. The winners will advance to the Finals and the losers will face off for 3rd place. It's all on the line for the remaining flavors as each hopes to win the title of The SHL's Favorite Ice Cream Flavor.

Voting: https://forms.gle/7pR7pxaY8r4rgj948

Finals

We have reached the very end of the tournament folks..... what can I say you all are pretty predictable and the seeding of Vanilla and Chocolate in the Top 4 was the correct call as both advance to the finals. The bronze medal will be the battle of the Cookie Dough's. Last day to vote so make your voice heard.

Voting: https://forms.gle/XeqzMCYH1oet37Yb9

Final Results

Well in the end the winner was the most boring flavor available, but that might be because it is so inoffensive as well. The top three ice cream flavors of the SHL are as follows

1st: Vanilla
2nd: Chocolate
3rd: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Thank you to everyone for voting and following along for the past week. I'll be back with another tournament in the future, no idea when but it'll be flavorful.

Quote:Ready for Grading

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

We all know Strawberry is king.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Let's go Mint Chocolate Chip!

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

what kind of ice cream flavours are these

[Image: 3.png]

10-12-2019, 09:50 AMJSS Wrote: what kind of ice cream flavours are these

First round is the play-in so it's the Sherberts and the last 4 flavors I found after going through a few lists.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Cookies or cream or GTFO

or Ben and Jerrys flavors are the GOAT

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Why is this in media?

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

10-12-2019, 11:22 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: Why is this in media?

I mean there was media for penis sizes.

Whalers

10-12-2019, 11:35 AMMarc Bradford Wrote:
10-12-2019, 11:22 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: Why is this in media?

I mean there was media for penis sizes.
Yeah I’m not here to defend that

10-12-2019, 11:36 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
10-12-2019, 11:35 AMMarc Bradford Wrote: I mean there was media for penis sizes.
Yeah I’m not here to defend that

At least it's interactive? I don't know.

Whalers

Pistachio or bust

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

I get turtle soup, but the fuck turle ice cream? Y`all messed up

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

10-12-2019, 11:38 AMMarc Bradford Wrote:
10-12-2019, 11:36 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: Yeah I’m not here to defend that

At least it's interactive?  I don't know.
That doesn’t make it qualify for a media payout tho

This absolutely belongs in general discussion

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2019, 11:50 AM by ByrdeMan.)

10-12-2019, 11:46 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
10-12-2019, 11:38 AMMarc Bradford Wrote: At least it's interactive?  I don't know.
That doesn’t make it qualify for a media payout tho

This absolutely belongs in general discussion

Considering it says SHL Discussion right in the title, I agree with your statement

[Image: 336.jpg]

green apple doesn't stand a chance

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]