Create Account

S50 SHL Fantasy: The Good and the Bad
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2019, 01:33 PM by Gwdjohnson.)

*This article is from before today's sim (the 13th)*

So as we approach the halfway mark of the season and as we approach peak levels of boredom for me on this Thanksgiving weekend, I thought I would do a quick look at some SHL players this season who are making their fantasy owners overjoyed, and some who are making them full of regret.

The Good:

Noah Konn (  Jets  )

This one is just obvious. Konn, who stunned the league by announcing this season would be his last, was dealt to Winnipeg to spend his last season there, and boy is he going out on a high so far. With 32 points in 22 games, as well as a 150+ hit pace, Konn has been the single best player in fantasy thus far, and he wasn't even picked in some groups. For the many groups where he was picked, he was generally the second or third forward taken, meaning there's a lot of very happy Konn fantasy owners this season.

Piotr Czerkawski (  Specters  )

Czerkawski, like Konn, is a player marginally disregarded in fantasy this season, with 6 groups still not having an owner for him, but he has been one of the better fan point producers, with 27 points and 78 hits, putting him 3rd place overall out of all players in fantasy. Czerkawski is one of the bright spots on a specters team that has been underwhelming this season, and he is making a big case for no one to pass him over in S51.

Tampa Bay Goalies (  Barracuda  )

Tampa Bay have been on fire this season, and in large part due to the heroics of their franchise goalie Benjamin Blue. With a 15-5-3 record, Blue has also put up a .936 save percentage thus far, very close to the incredible numbers Johannes Leitner put up last season. Blue has also had FOUR shutouts before the halfway mark of this season, putting him on pace to potentially put himself in the history books. In fantasy, Tampa goalies were largely overlooked, however, with 10 (!) leagues still not having an owner for them. They are currently 4th overall in fantasy scoring.

Tig Murphy (  Steelhawks  )

The Steelhawks star defenceman, Murphy has found it hard to break out into a league-wide star over recent seasons, but this season has been a very solid fantasy choice, outperforming much more popular choices such as Harvey Danger, Brady McIntyre and Jon Toner this season. He is on pace for roughly 35 points, and has been hitting and blocking shots fairly consistently too. He has been taking rookie Gabriel Johnson under his wing this season, making him have to carry the play much more from the back end in Hamilton.

The Bad:

Flacko Lagerfield (  Barracuda  )

Tampa's star player has not been getting it done this season, despite being a near-consensus 2nd overall pick to Mikhail Lokitonov. With only 13 points up to now, he has been very underwhelming despite being well on pace for over 200 hits. He has been a middle of the pack player in terms of fantasy, with over 60 points fewer than Noah Konn. @JSS what's going on buddy I thought Lagerfield was good? :-///////

Jon Toner (  Panthers  )

The best defenceman of last season, Toner has entirely failed to live up to lofty expectations from fantasy owners, as he has managed just 1 goal, 13 assists, and 14 hits for the struggling Panthers this season, well off the pace of his 51-point S49. He was a first round pick in many groups, and is owned in every group, so not being at 100 fantasy points yet has made this a very disappointing fantasy season for the aging vet.

Bobby Watson (  Chiefs  )

Watson had a great S49 for the Chiefs that made him highly sought-after in fantasy this season, but he has met expectations about as well as Toner so far. Watson is owned in every league except for one, and was a first round pick in many, so only having 91.9 fan points is a huge disappointment to many. He has been putting up a serviceable amount of hits, laying the body 60 times, but with only 4 goals and 11 points, it's no exaggeration to say he has been very underwhelming up to this point. It's likely that his form will see an uptick, as he's a crucial component of the Chiefs' offence, so it's not exactly panic time yet for owners...unless...? Confused

New England Goalies (  Wolfpack  )

Last season was a historic one for Johannes Leitner, as records were broken and awards were won for him, but to say he's fallen back down to earth this season would be a huge understatement. Last season's successes drove many fantasy players to select New England's netminders earlier than goalies tend to be selected, and it's safe to say so far it's proven an unwise decision. In general New England have been performing below expectations, but Leitner's form in particular has been underwhelming, with a very substandard save percentage and goals against average. It's very unlikely that the Wolfpack will continue this bad stretch of form much longer, however, and Leitner should bounce back, but fantasy owners of New England goalies will be sweating over how the season has started.

That's my wrap-up for the start of the season, I will probably do a bigger fantasy review at the end of the season as well. Thanks for reading! Cheers

Code:
Around 900 words, ready for grading

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2019, 02:26 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Noah Konn retired way to early, he was a good player turning into a really good player when he turned in his skates.

[Image: Qv4E7Q5.gif]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

10-13-2019, 02:17 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Noah Konn retired way to early, he was a good player turning into a really good player when he turned in his skates.

but he wasn't producing enough before he hit his peak TPE, why would he continue?

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

10-13-2019, 03:05 PMFlareon Wrote:
10-13-2019, 02:17 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Noah Konn retired way to early, he was a good player turning into a really good player when he turned in his skates.

but he wasn't producing enough before he hit his peak TPE, why would he continue?

Yeah he definitely retired way early. Major head scratcher especially considering he just broke out into a top player in the league now multiple seasons before regression. Oof.

no ur bad

[Image: 3.png]

10-13-2019, 05:20 PMJSS Wrote: no ur bad

I may be bad but at least I don't have 25 ppl counting on me being one of the best in the league Shy

I own all of Konn, Czerkawski, and Lagerfield

pick it the frick up JSS

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

10-13-2019, 10:01 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: I own all of Konn, Czerkawski, and Lagerfield

pick it the frick up JSS

All-star fantasy lineup if jss wasn't a scrub :-//////

Awesome article. I love fantasy news!
I totally swapped New England for Tampa earlier this week.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

10-14-2019, 03:27 AMkarlssens Wrote: Awesome article. I love fantasy news!

Thanks! I've been getting invested in fantasy more and more as the seasons have passed so I figure putting it to media would be a good call. I'll probably look to do a big complete fantasy review at the end of the season if I have time.

Also the fact that you made that swap definitely means NEW are gonna surge up and Tampa will fall off a cliff. You can never trust fantasy Confused

10-14-2019, 08:43 AMGwdjohnson Wrote:
10-14-2019, 03:27 AMkarlssens Wrote: Awesome article. I love fantasy news!
Also the fact that you made that swap definitely means NEW are gonna surge up and Tampa will fall off a cliff. You can never trust fantasy  Confused

no fuck off

[Image: 3.png]

Remember when Sweg retired Dick Skillstedt and Dick turned around and had a 71 point season to spite him

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]