Create Account

Calgary/New Orleans Regression Punishments

10-17-2019, 05:25 AMBaelor Swift Wrote:
10-16-2019, 09:53 PMSecondSucks22 Wrote: I think he didnt get suspended because he TRIED to update

He tried but he literally didn't follow the rules on how to post updates in an update thread. He posted broken links AND in multiple posts, both of which are not correct ways to update. It is clear that TnlAstatine addressed everything in that most recent update post, which is what he is supposed to do as an updater unless updater rules are a bit different. AND c00kies did this as a longtime GM on his second (at least?) player in regression.

It's amazing that Calgary continues to avoid full punishments by feigning ignorance.

true

after this post in the update thread its the job of the Members and GMs to check those updates! especially if this player is the player of the Co-GM.

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

10-17-2019, 02:18 AMTnlAstatine Wrote:
10-16-2019, 11:00 PMligma Wrote: pretty stupid imo that mcgavin doesn't have to sit out games as well.

regardless of whether or not c00kies submitted updates, it's ultimately on the GMs to ensure that their players are updated. In this case, this didn't happen.

IMO the way things should have gone

c00kies submits updates
updater declines updates, messages c00kies + esa
esa either gets c00kies to do regression, or does mcgavin's regression himself
esa messages back updater letting him know that mcgavin's regression has been handled
updater inputs mcgavin's update into the update thing
we avoid this entire mess

but

here we are

its funny because if you go look at my track record i'm usually vocal to people i'm updating,
can ask @JKortesi81 and @SlashACM.

This man is a god tier updater

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

10-17-2019, 07:07 AMSlashACM Wrote:
10-17-2019, 02:18 AMTnlAstatine Wrote: its funny because if you go look at my track record i'm usually vocal to people i'm updating,
can ask @JKortesi81 and @SlashACM.

This man is a god tier updater

yowie wowie

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Uh oh

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

I really would love to have a thread about punishments for any broken rule! and then it would be nice to describe any potential way of a punishment! I really hate this different versions of the same punishment way.

it was and it will be always different without a 100% clear punishment system! why they get more games suspension ... why they less ... why they must pay more as fine the others less and so on! a rulebook is their as order and nothing should be done against it. but also the commishes and HO shouldnt be able to say ... this member/team should have a harsher or less harsher punishment! that isnt fair and wont be fair in any situation. we must clear up which mistakes (broken rules) should be punished team based and which member based ... with the base we could build a better rulebook after all. if you look back over all punishments/suspensions then you will see different ends of the wording and with that punishments. but they did the same thing as the others. also important is ... to have a 100% transparency what happened and how. because any member in charge could use those things to punish a team/member way harsher or less harsh as others. maybe the reason is because of friendship or same team or something else. it should be like on court. all are the same in front of the court. no buddies no enemies it must be proven. Maybe this time I wrote again in a shitty english wording, for that excuse me. But my brain is full of stuff from work, moving and some other things. But I can say that I always tried and still try to make the SHL better and more enjoyable. But also fair! really fair!

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Luffy did nothing wrong

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 10:23 AM by uhh.)

Punishing the updater does feel a bit heavy handed here.

[Image: urawa4.jpg]
Special thanks to @Sleepy for the signature

No suspension is questionable at best lol

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

10-17-2019, 05:25 AMBaelor Swift Wrote:
10-16-2019, 09:53 PMSecondSucks22 Wrote: I think he didnt get suspended because he TRIED to update

He tried but he literally didn't follow the rules on how to post updates in an update thread. He posted broken links AND in multiple posts, both of which are not correct ways to update. It is clear that TnlAstatine addressed everything in that most recent update post, which is what he is supposed to do as an updater unless updater rules are a bit different. AND c00kies did this as a longtime GM on his second (at least?) player in regression.

It's amazing that Calgary continues to avoid full punishments by feigning ignorance.

This does appear, on the surface, to be the second (potentially major) punishment in a row that Calgary has avoided by saying, oops we didn’t know we couldn’t do that. Honestly it’s hard to believe given that they have two of the longest serving GMs in the SHL as well as one of the longest members here.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

tbh where is anyone on Calgary saying "we didn't know we couldn't do that"

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

10-17-2019, 10:53 AMSlashACM Wrote: tbh where is anyone on Calgary saying "we didn't know we couldn't do that"

Nowhere that I have seen, and current discussions in the Head Office are not even acknowledging that as a potential excuse.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

McGavin not taking a suspension because Calgary always gets a pass

Oh wow. Didn’t know Rabid was in New Orleans AND Calgary.

10-17-2019, 05:25 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: It's amazing that Calgary continues to avoid full punishments by feigning ignorance.

This is what really irks me. GMs should never ever EVER get a pass on shit for being ignorant. We all make mistakes, you don't have to be crucified for them, but it's a real slap in the face to the other GMs when this "oh I didn't know" excuse is accepted.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

10-17-2019, 11:28 AMGrapehead Wrote:
10-17-2019, 05:25 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: It's amazing that Calgary continues to avoid full punishments by feigning ignorance.

This is what really irks me. GMs should never ever EVER get a pass on shit for being ignorant. We all make mistakes, you don't have to be crucified for them, but it's a real slap in the face to the other GMs when this "oh I didn't know" excuse is accepted.

Again, ignorance isn't/wasn't being factored in the discussion.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]