Create Account

S50 WFT #3 - Make the Case

Toronto's Mika Kandinsky will shatter the all-time rookie record for most points in a season (44)

This shouldn't even be an option to be honest. Through 33 games Kandinsky has 41 points, Kandinsky is going to crush this record. My former teammate in St. Louis and current teammate in Russia is by far the best rookie in the SHL and is proving it this season.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

10-18-2019, 02:53 PMNONAME Wrote:
10-18-2019, 02:25 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: No team is having a more disappointing season than...... the Toronto North Stars??

For. Okay, hear me out. This wasn't part of the rebuilding plan. I know ML wanted to have another season or two of losing, and get a few more high stud first rounders to build the core he desires moving forward. The fact that his line is just dominating the sadness that is the LEastern conference and they're firmly in a playoff spot is just hurting that. There's a lot of spots on that defense for high picks, and when Toronto ends up picking 10-11th in the first round (or worse), the master plan will be thwarted. Unless they win the cup, then who tf cares.

BS!

You have a team that was a presidents trophy team that is now at the bottom of the league. That is the definition of disappointing. The North Stars have arguably the best prospect dominating the SHL in his rookie season. That is going to bring A LOT of excitement for that team. Nothing is wrong with a rebuild being sped up by your prospects excelling more than you expected.

Prospect. Singular. The idea would be to keep building a deeper prospect pool with the best prospects available. There are more sure things in the Top 3 than from 9-13. Not always of course, but its more likely. I'm pretty sure the TOR game plan was to lose a bit more than they're doing, for sure. I understand your sentiment of course.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Code:
Toronto's Mika Kandinsky will shatter the all-time rookie record for most points in a season (44)

FOR

Well he only has to get 4 points in 17 games to beat the record, so I would definitely consider it a safe bet for Kandinsky to put his name on the record books. He is currently on pace for 62 (!) points, so I would consider it inevitable that Kandinsky is the new best rookie of all-time, as he will definitely put up 50+ points playing alongside Lokitonov.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

For - I'm going to do it! Mika is having an incredible season and the top line of Toronto is dynamite. Playing next to Mikhail Lokitonov is enabling Mika to unleash his full potential as a rookie. With 41 points just barely past halfway through the season, Mika is sure to smash through the 44 point record. He's not thinking about that, though. He's thinking about what he can do to help the team win. His +/- and low PP points shows how much of a force he is in all aspects of the game, dominating 5v5 play. 55-60 points is not out of reach for him!

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

No team is having a more disappointing season than...... the Toronto North Stars??

Against; yeah, I don't think so. Look at us in New England. We got the President's Trophy curse and now we forgot how to win games this season. If we were a real team the Boston media and fans would be destroying us on a daily basis for being bottom feeders in the east. Still got plenty of time to turn it around though.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2019, 09:23 PM by StamkosFan.)

Code:
No team is having a more disappointing season than...... the Toronto North Stars??
AGAINST

As someone on a team having a more disappointing season, I couldn't disagree more. I don't see how any outcome could be bad for Toronto, who have all of about 2 actives on their roster. The hot start for them was wacky and not what should be expected, much out of the norm but above expectations rather than below them. I think Toronto's season has not been disappointing at all, considering they are in a playoff spot somehow and have Mika Kandinsky playing so well, a shoo-in for the Jesster and possibly a record breaking season on our hands. That’s a great sign for the future and something for them to build their franchise around. 42 points is more than anyone thought they would get, they have well outperformed anyone’s wildest hopes; most expected them to struggle to get above 20 wins in an entire year but they have already hit 20 wins. Not even getting a lower draft pick is disappointing, considering that this draft class is so shallow and one of the weakest classes in memory.

The real disappointments this year are undoubtedly the New England Wolfpack and the Manhattan Rage. The Wolfpack have to take the cake, falling all the way from the Cup finals last year to last place in their conference. They came into this year as one of the favorites for the Cup, and expected to take their division and conference, a stacked roster to back up those expectations. Leitner, after racking up a ton of awards and having an MVP season last year, has had a total break down. His ghastly .880 save percentage has sunk New England, there have been many games where they allowed over 4 goals, which is just too much to overcome. They are 8 points back at such a late stage in the season, that is basically insurmountable and their playoff hopes are all but gone. Instead of competing this post season, the Wolfpack will be playing golf. How the mighty have fallen.

Manhattan might also be playing golf despite their stacked roster and expectations that they would also be a top team. They got off to a dismal start, at one point recently they were second to last in the conference. They might sneak into the playoffs in a wild card spot, they’re only 3 points back, but all around it has not been a great year. Their offense has really struggled, the opposite problem to what is going on in New England. All their big names have been snake bitten and it’s been a massive disappointment. Both of the teams thought to be on top of their conference have not had seasons go according to plans, and it’s certainly been a tough pill to swallow for them both.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Quote:No team is having a more disappointing season than...... the Toronto North Stars??
Against

Have to give this ´award´ to New England unfortunately, the start to the season was pretty much as bad as you can get, reason why New England is the winner is last years excellent run in the playoffs and in general the overall talent level in the team - everybody was expecting something else. Things looking better now, but making the playoffs is still behind a lot of hard work.

Code:

Against:
The Toronto North Stars have a strong crop of young stars in Harry Carpet, and Mika Kandinsky, who have served as highlights of the their "behind schedule" S50 season. The New England Wolfpack have had the largest fall from grace, and therefore a more disappointing season. armed with 3 effective lines and an MVP caliber goalie, essentially the same roster that was competing for a champions cup a few weeks ago, is now last in their conference.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

10-18-2019, 12:38 PMgoldenglutes Wrote:
Quote:No team is having a more disappointing season than...... the Toronto North Stars??

AGAINST

I'm not sure how this can be argued when New England went from president's trophy winners to bottom of the barrel in the Eastern Conference. The Wolfpack are definitely having a more disappointing season.

BS

New England is right where they belong, just because the team makes the finals does not mean they are a good TEAM. Godlike goalie performance with pure puck luck were the reasons behind New Englands cinderella run. Now that there is neither the rosters ability to not play hockey has been truly slapped all over our faces.

Code:
The Carolina Kraken are biding their time, resting up for the playoffs, and will "repeat" (kind of) as Four Star Cup Champions

Against - The Kraken are certainly trying to make their way back up, with the top shots for/against, Nolan McMahon is the only thing holding the Carolina franchise back from striving for the Laurifer Trophy. I do believe however that we will win our second straight Championship.

[Image: bobby1.jpg]

[Image: DaNnVpo.png]   [Image: CfsNrQZ.png]   [Image: ZZLBWWZ.png]
Kraken | Switzerland | Jets

Code:
Manhattan and New England, both having extremely disappointing seasons, will turn it on in time and both make the playoffs

FOR

There's still plenty of time left, still plenty of gas in the tank, still plenty of km left on this road before we crash into this brick wall that we all know and love as missing the playoffs. Manhattan however, will not succeed, they will fail and lose.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Code:
Benjamin Blue, putting up an incredible season in net for Tampa Bay, is the League MVP

Against:

He isn't just doing this alone as he has a team around him that are making him better. The reason you can tell this is if you look at the back up stats so far they're not too different but with less TPE meaning that it is actually the team who is helping him not the individual.

I am for: Benjamin Blue is having a great season and the goalie is one of the most important players on the ice for their respective teams. If the Tampa Bay roster makes it into the playoffs and has any success Blue is a great MVP candidate this season.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

10-18-2019, 04:12 PMImASurvivor Wrote:
Code:
The Carolina Kraken are biding their time, resting up for the playoffs, and will "repeat" (kind of) as Four Star Cup Champions

Against - The Kraken are certainly trying to make their way back up, with the top shots for/against, Nolan McMahon is the only thing holding the Carolina franchise back from striving for the Laurifer Trophy. I do believe however that we will win our second straight Championship.

BS!

The Kraken are firing on all cylinders, there is nothing standing in our way. Not Nolan McMahon, not Simon, nothing exists that can stop the Carolina Kraken. This is all just us being nice and letting other teams feel good before we really kick it into high gear and demolish the league in playoffs.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

AGAINST. The Wolfpack are more disappointing than the North Stars and there were expectations for NEW and also, toronto can enjoy themselves with mika on pace for the best rookie season in SHL History.

[Image: giphy.gif]