Create Account

S50 WFT #3 - Make the Case

No team is having a more disappointing season than...... the Toronto North Stars??
Against. The wolfpack won the president's trophy last season and had a strong post-season that saw them go all the way to the finals. They currently sit dead last in the east.

San Francisco is the biggest threat to Edmonton's hopes of repeating as the West's representative in the Challenge Cup
Against. No disrespect to the Pride, they'll be good, but the Dragons have a history of being a thorn in the side of the Blizzard (last 4 series the Dragons won 3) and the Specters are dominating the league with a 131 goals for thus far. no other team even has 120 yet.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Quote:Toronto's Mika Kandinsky will shatter the all-time rookie record for most points in a season (44)

Absolutely. Like what the hell is even going on in Toronto? Is there a reverse Flint situation in the water that gives Toronto players superpowers or something? Might as well rename the Jesster award the Kandinsky award already, this guy in a superstar in the making and plays even better than veteran SHL players.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Code:
Jagger Fouquette will finish the season leading the SMJHL in both goals AND assists

Fouquette is currently on pace for 32 goals with the way he's going at the moment and currently has a 4 point lead over the person in 2nd place in Blackwood. I think he can pull off it this season to cap off a historic season for him.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

No team is having a more disappointing season than...... the Toronto North Stars??

Disappointing in the sense that they might want to tank, sure, but Toronto's doing far better than some people expected. I had them doing ok in simulations, and something about Mikhail Lokitonov brings out the best in his teammates. They could surprise some people in the playoffs if Harry Carpet gets rolling.

Most disappointing season is obviously New England's though. Lots of talent, but the blueline has collectively shat it besides the wonderkids Zheng and Morgan. They really need to pick things up to make it to the playoffs, let alone the Challenge Cup Finalsagain.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

Code:
Code:
With the standings tighter now than in recent memory, this is finally the season in which a bottom-four (7-10) team will make a run and hoist the Four Star Cup
Agree.
Attention Temporal residents! This is Tibuk Soonika from the year 2026. I can confirm beyond a shadow of a doubt this is true and kicks off an Anaheim dynasty the likes of which the league has not seen. If Vegas is still taking bets on this team I suggest you jump on that ship ASAP!

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Quote:Toronto's Mika Kandinsky will shatter the all-time rookie record for most points in a season (44)

This isn't a question--he's going to crush the record. He's feasting off one of the league's best pure players in Mikhail Lokitonov on the Stars' top line, and likely will break 50 points, easily. I think Toronto drops down into the wildcard game by season's end, but there's no question that Kandinsky will break that record and soar to win Rookie of the Year.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 07:46 PM by BDonini.)

Code:
Toronto's Mika Kandinsky will shatter the all-time rookie record for most points in a season (44)

For: Unfortunately this is almost guaranteed to happen at this point as he'll only need 4 points in 17 games to beat the record, it's a shame that a player who isn't even a top 5 rookie this season will go down in the record books because he probably wouldn't even be able to crack 30 without leeching off the best player in the SHL.

Code:

Against: While there is an argument to be made for the North Stars playing their way out of a lottery pick as a disappointment, I think it's hard to top the disappointing season that the Wolfpack are having, going from President's trophy winners and Challenge Cup finalists to missing a playoff spot is definitely worse.

Code:
Benjamin Blue, putting up an incredible season in net for Tampa Bay, is the League MVP

Against: While Blue is having an incredible season, there's been a precedent set recently for goalies to win MVP and with the season Mikhail Lokitonov is having and the North Stars primed to make the playoffs, Blue just hasn't done enough right now to top him especially when you consider that there isn't that big of a difference between him and the next best goalie.

Code:
Buffalo will achieve the Even Trifecta and continue their trend of winning the cup in even-numbered seasons with a S50 championship

For: With the Rage and Wolfpack set to miss the playoffs, the competition in the East will not be very difficult as Buffalo is arguably much better than all the teams currently in the playoff conversation. Making the finals shouldn't be an issue for them and they should be able to win the finals seeing as the West is an absolute battleground and the team coming out of it won't have much left in the tank.

Code:
This is the season in which Cameron Carter II FINALLY gets his Dar nomination

For: While Passamus and Kvalheim look like more likely candidates to win the trophy, CC2 will almost certainly be in the conversation for the nominees this season as long as he puts his foot on the gas and has a strong ending to the season. The Dar gets more and more competitive every season and CC2 will not be able to slow down to get his nom.

Code:
Noted "bust" Noah Konn will end his career by leading the SHL in goals scored

For: It's a real shame that he decided to call it quits so early because it looks like he was finally ready to break out, Konn has been an absolute world beater for Winnipeg this season and should keep up this pace to beat out Czerkawski in the league's goal scoring race. This season will definitely leave him thinking what could have been..

Code:
San Francisco is the biggest threat to Edmonton's hopes of repeating as the West's representative in the Challenge Cup

For: The Pride have one of the best teams in the league on paper and it's showing on the ice this season. Their forward group has no stars but it's really deep and their defense is hands down the best in the league, it's good to see them finally getting the results they deserve and I think that their defense will serve them well in the battleground that is the Western Conference in these playoffs.

Code:
Manhattan and New England, both having extremely disappointing seasons, will turn it on in time and both make the playoffs

Against: It's just too little too late for these two teams, even though they're very good teams it looks like the writing is on the wall for this season. They'll be able to pick up some lottery picks to add to their collection for the future and pick up again next season and try to get back to form but S50 will not be either of their years unfortunately.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Against

The only way I would say this is disappointing for then is because the ranking isn't going as plan. Theres many other teams that are having a worse season then they expected, rage, Wolfpack, dragons to name a few.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Quote:San Francisco is the biggest threat to Edmonton's hopes of repeating as the West's representative in the Challenge Cup

FOR! San Francisco came out of the gate hot (In part due to the presence of noted rookie and elite scoring thread Jonas Larsen). The defense is one of the best in the league and players like Lombardi are having career seasons. San Francisco has an open window to the cup and it's up to them to step through it.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

Benjamin Blue, putting up an incredible season in net for Tampa Bay, is the League MVP

Against: Mikhail Lokitonov is once again running away with the league scoring title. However, this season, he has the North Stars in a playoff spot, a remarkable feat considering how poor the rest of the roster is. This was a team many thought would be at the bottom of the league, but Lokitonov is dragging his team to the playoffs and deserves the MVP.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 10:14 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

AGAINST: Disappointing is not reaching expectations.. No one expected much from toronto this season so they havnt dissapointed. In fact id say they have exceeded expectations as there currently in a playoff slot. Disappointing are teams like new England and Manhatten who many looked at as a challenge cup contenders this season, and teams like Calgary and Nola who are playing OK but were probably expected to have more wins by now.

This is the season in which Cameron Carter II FINALLY gets his Dar nomination

AGAINST, i would have said yes if this was 10 games ago, but as its turning out there are allot of big point big hitters this season and some are centers who are going to have big face off numbers. Still going to be another good year for CC2 whos having a nice career so far.

FOR: but I wish Konn and Hobbs didnt retire, both players were pretty good with allot left in the tank. I feel like they debribed themselves of 7-8 good seasons that could have put a stamp on there players legacy.

San Francisco is the biggest threat to Edmonton's hopes of repeating as the West's representative in the Challenge Cup.

AGAINST: I think talent wise this is true, but i need to see it happen first before i put both feet in the frisco waters..

Toronto's Mika Kandinsky will shatter the all-time rookie record for most points in a season (44)

FOR: This one was to easy... she already has 40+ points...the real for or against is will Mika Kadinsky get a mexico nomination?...

Manhattan and New England, both having extremely disappointing seasons, will turn it on in time and both make the playoffs

AGAINST: STHS picks on and beats up a few teams a year,, this season its NEW and MAN... now they both have the talent to have an amazing 2nd half, but its a hard task to flip that switch when the SIM has annointed you there bitch.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Against. If you haven't turned up the heat yet then you ain't guna find the spark late. With other players rocking and rolling, to catch up to them this late in the game is not guna happen

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig

"No team is having a more disappointing season than...... the Toronto North Stars??"

Against, honestly I was hoping for such good things from my team this season but it's been tough. Doesn't help that I've been a POS this season as well.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 11:14 PM by JSS.)

Code:
Code:

FOR: Blue is a really big bright spot for Tampa right now. Espically, with veteran player Flacko Lagerfield having such a disapointing season. The S41 veterans Blue and Ball are both having great seasons and both should be getting looks at MVP, Defenseman of the year, Goalie of the year and all star teams.

[Image: 3.png]

Lol if you're debating this as against then you're dumb cause this is pretty much an obvious record break at this point. Mika is gonna smash it like that band smashing pumpkins smashed those pumpkins

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]