Create Account

White Goodman gets first starts in SMJHL

White Goodman began the season sitting on the bench behind Kasperi Braulin. For the longest part of the season he would sit there, coming on in 2 games in relief of Braulin.

That is until Game # 97, Vancouver were hosts to the Carolina Kraken. This being Goodmans first official start in the SMJHL, he was given no easy task as Carolina is not a bottom feeder team. Now maybe it was the fact that they had never played Goodman before but for the most part he looked like the prized prospect that was chosen in the first round ( 10 Overall ). Carolina only got 23 shots on him and only managed to beat him at 9:57 of the third period on a Power play.

After the Game the Media outlets rushed to question the first time starter. His best quote was this, “ Yeah, the game was good. The guys were disciplined and overall played tight in front of me. They didn’t give them too much. The Fans were awesome. I’m glad to have gotten first game and win here at home. It’s nice to give the fans something to be excited about.”

He was quickly rewarded for the win over Carolina with another start at home. This time it was St.Louis that was in town. This time his start was much rougher than the last game. St.Louis put 3 past him in the first 20. However it was Goodman with the last laugh as Vancouver came back to win it 6-5 in Overtime. Goodman faced 30 shots. Overall 2-0. Not a bad start to the Goodman career.

The following 2 games were chalked up as losses as Vancouver lost to Lethbridge and Kelowna. Then came the rematch against Carolina. Once again White Goodman was given the start. His 5th of the season. The first period was so one sided in Vancouver favour as the first finished 4-1 for Vancouver.

The game finished 5-3 and once again White Goodman looked to be in form. His confidence high as he had beaten Carolina twice in 2 games. His post game remarks “ Carolina, ya I’m not overly worried about them. If they can’t beat a rookie goalie then, well, I don’t know what to tell you. I mean I’m also not surprised. I’m White Goodman. The W in my name stands for Winner. And thats what I do.”

As of this writing, Goodman has played in 9 games, 5 of which he started, and has put up some seriously impressive numbers for a true rookie. His record to date is 3-2 with a 0.892 sv% and a 2.67 G.A.A. It would appear that Vancouver may have a soon to be elite goalie in the works.

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

Soon to be?

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2019, 09:49 AM by Zoone16.)

Del Vecchio > Goodman.
Knights > Whalers

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

"And with another stop, it's "GOOD SAVES" GOODMAN. WILL THEY EVER BREAK THROUGH THIS WALL!"
- Lorn Beppanen, Radio Commentator

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]