Create Account

IFA Bidding System

10-23-2019, 02:45 PMTomasnz Wrote: It requires an auctioneer at the very least.

I would be in favour of a waiver style system maybe, closed bids with a single process window, but bidding on IFA individually imo doesn't adequately get around the issues you stated. Essentially, unless I have missed something, it would require like a 48 hour window to make a IFA pick up, as you need to allow time for people to outbid each other and join the bidding process across different time zones..

I guess I feel like there might be a neater version of something that would hit some of the issues you are thinking. Possibly even just a change to how much an IFA costs to pick up. Maybe it isn't previous contract cost but rather the minimum plus 1M... Or something. I don't know. I am just not super confident in a individual bidding process

As someone that was overseeing such system for a long time in PBE I can say it doesn't add up much additional work for head office, you are still only interested in end result that needs to be processed by the Budget Director and only called upon if there is some conflict, that are easy to resolve with well-defined rules.
I can't even recall any big problem with this system or drama sparking from it. It wasn't sparsely used either, since we had ~150 players go through that process already (and IAs just as here can be extended by their previous team each year, with one minor difference that they are extended based on minimum value for their TPE instead of last value of their contract).

Looking at OP not sure such long 24 hours window for each bid is needed, 12h seems to be enough in most cases and would mostly solve the concern about prolonging the process too much. I also like the bojo suggestion about 500k (<300 TPE) being able to get auto-claimed too for emergency kind of situations you mentioned.

One more thing worth patching up (or at least stating in rules how to proceed) is the situation when IA returns to activity during bidding process, before it's completed. You can either allow him to break the bidding process and sign with whomever he wants or state that once bidding process starts it cannot be interrupted (even by player return to activity) and results are binding. Both solutions have merit, just don't leave this at limbo if you decide to adopt bidding system, because such situation is bound to happen and might get ugly without set path to follow in place.

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

10-24-2019, 04:17 AMmajesiu Wrote:
10-23-2019, 02:45 PMTomasnz Wrote: It requires an auctioneer at the very least.

I would be in favour of a waiver style system maybe, closed bids with a single process window, but bidding on IFA individually imo doesn't adequately get around the issues you stated. Essentially, unless I have missed something, it would require like a 48 hour window to make a IFA pick up, as you need to allow time for people to outbid each other and join the bidding process across different time zones..

I guess I feel like there might be a neater version of something that would hit some of the issues you are thinking. Possibly even just a change to how much an IFA costs to pick up. Maybe it isn't previous contract cost but rather the minimum plus 1M... Or something. I don't know. I am just not super confident in a individual bidding process

As someone that was overseeing such system for a long time in PBE I can say it doesn't add up much additional work for head office, you are still only interested in end result that needs to be processed by the Budget Director and only called upon if there is some conflict, that are easy to resolve with well-defined rules.
I can't even recall any big problem with this system or drama sparking from it. It wasn't sparsely used either, since we had ~150 players go through that process already (and IAs just as here can be extended by their previous team each year, with one minor difference that they are extended based on minimum value for their TPE instead of last value of their contract).

Looking at OP not sure such long 24 hours window for each bid is needed, 12h seems to be enough in most cases and would mostly solve the concern about prolonging the process too much. I also like the bojo suggestion about 500k (<300 TPE) being able to get auto-claimed too for emergency kind of situations you mentioned.

One more thing worth patching up (or at least stating in rules how to proceed) is the situation when IA returns to activity during bidding process, before it's completed. You can either allow him to break the bidding process and sign with whomever he wants or state that once bidding process starts it cannot be interrupted (even by player return to activity) and results are binding. Both solutions have merit, just don't leave this at limbo if you decide to adopt bidding system, because such situation is bound to happen and might get ugly without set path to follow in place.

I think the SHL's current inactive return rules would apply. They have the right to void any contract signed when they were inactive, so if they wanted they could cancel this process and sign wherever they want.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

@SDCore r u back from vacation now

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]