Create Account

IFA Bidding System

So kinda copying exactly what GOMHL does with IFAs... But I like this a lot better than what SHL currently has

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

good shit for a braindead buffalul GM

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

10-18-2019, 07:59 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
10-18-2019, 07:52 PMhockeyfan Wrote: Is there anything you won’t complain about?
This is a quality post, I actually can’t tell if you’re being serious

I meant 100% disrespect

@Eggy216 @adamantium @ArGarBarGar @SDCore @Tomasnz @Fordyford

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Okay. I see the issue and agree with some of it.

The only way this would work practically is to have a IFA waiver period where all teams make their IFA bids and then someone processes all the competing bids once in the off-season. And then after than waiver period then it's free for all again, probably with current rules.

Doing it more than once a season would imo be too admin heavy for either the pick tracker or budget tracker or HO depending on who has to manage the process.

Not super for or against this as long as it is scoped to not add an admin burdon..

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019, 12:24 PM by .bojo.)

I liketd it. Like when someone is signed there's 24-48 hour deadline for someone to outbid, with at least an hour after that latest bid.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

10-23-2019, 12:21 PMTomasnz Wrote: Okay. I see the issue and agree with some of it.

The only way this would work practically is to have a IFA waiver period where all teams make their IFA bids and then someone processes all the competing bids once in the off-season. And then after than waiver period then it's free for all again, probably with current rules.

Doing it more than once a season would imo be too admin heavy for either the pick tracker or budget tracker or HO depending on who has to manage the process.

Not super for or against this as long as it is scoped to not add an admin burdon..
How is it anymore admin heavy than processing any other signing thread? They can be notified by the GM with the successful bid to come into the thread and verify everything. And if someone else needs to be hired to handle the workload then so be it.

10-23-2019, 01:01 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
10-23-2019, 12:21 PMTomasnz Wrote: Okay. I see the issue and agree with some of it.

How is it anymore admin heavy than processing any other signing thread? They can be notified by the GM with the successful bid to come into the thread and verify everything. And if someone else needs to be hired to handle the workload then so be it.

i don't think anyone even needs to verify it. just go based on timestamps. if someone tries to bid a minute after the deadline they don't get it. HO only brought in to resolve conflicts, as always

10-23-2019, 01:14 PM.bojo Wrote:
10-23-2019, 01:01 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: How is it anymore admin heavy than processing any other signing thread? They can be notified by the GM with the successful bid to come into the thread and verify everything. And if someone else needs to be hired to handle the workload then so be it.

i don't think anyone even needs to verify it. just go based on timestamps. if someone tries to bid a minute after the deadline they don't get it. HO only brought in to resolve conflicts, as always
That’s what I meant by verifying, just checking the time stamps and like “blah blah player has been awarded to X team” and then it’s moved to the processed transactions subforum

It requires an auctioneer at the very least.

I would be in favour of a waiver style system maybe, closed bids with a single process window, but bidding on IFA individually imo doesn't adequately get around the issues you stated. Essentially, unless I have missed something, it would require like a 48 hour window to make a IFA pick up, as you need to allow time for people to outbid each other and join the bidding process across different time zones..

I guess I feel like there might be a neater version of something that would hit some of the issues you are thinking. Possibly even just a change to how much an IFA costs to pick up. Maybe it isn't previous contract cost but rather the minimum plus 1M... Or something. I don't know. I am just not super confident in a individual bidding process

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019, 02:56 PM by WannabeFinn.)

10-23-2019, 02:45 PMTomasnz Wrote: It requires an auctioneer at the very least.

I would be in favour of a waiver style system maybe, closed bids with a single process window, but bidding on IFA individually imo doesn't adequately get around the issues you stated. Essentially, unless I have missed something, it would require like a 48 hour window to make a IFA pick up, as you need to allow time for people to outbid each other and join the bidding process across different time zones..

I guess I feel like there might be a neater version of something that would hit some of the issues you are thinking. Possibly even just a change to how much an IFA costs to pick up. Maybe it isn't previous contract cost but rather the minimum plus 1M... Or something. I don't know. I am just not super confident in a individual bidding process
If you want to see evidence of the system working without issue, check out GOMHL or PBE.

And no, an auctioneer isn’t required. The bidding is started and finished by GMs.

Would the previous GMs be able to match previous season's salaries or would all IFAs go to a bid?

10-23-2019, 03:01 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: Would the previous GMs be able to match previous season's salaries or would all IFAs go to a bid?

i'd imagine it'd be a one time thing until that gm doesn't sign him back. otherwise it'd be too chaotic and stressful

10-23-2019, 03:01 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: Would the previous GMs be able to match previous season's salaries or would all IFAs go to a bid?
I address this in the OP. Inactive contracts could still be extended by 1 season at the same salary. All IFAs without contracts will go to the bid-eligible pool when free agency opens.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019, 03:09 PM by WannabeFinn.)

10-23-2019, 03:03 PM.bojo Wrote:

i'd imagine it'd be a one time thing until that gm doesn't sign him back. otherwise it'd be too chaotic and stressful
Yes, not all IFAs would go to a bid. Only IFAs without a contract. You can still extend your own IFAs for 1 year at their current salary under the suggested proposal. However if you don’t extend them before the opening of Free Agency, you lose rights to that player and they enter the bid-eligible pool.