Create Account

S50 SMJHL PT 4: Rookie Rivalry

You know that fellow rookie that just really grinds your gears? That player you just have to beat? Maybe it's just a friendly competition or maybe it's flat-out hatred - either way, we want to hear about it.

Written: Write at least 150 words about your player's rivalry with a fellow rookie. Get creative - include some choice trash talk quotes, compare some stats, whatever you want!

Graphic: Make a graphic depicting the rivalry between your player and a fellow rookie. Must include at least two renders and some indication of why they're rivals; some options include a magazine cover with a caption, a comparison of stats, a game-day poster, etc.

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the options, not both.)

Only S50 SMJHL Rookies (S51 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Deadline Sunday 10/27 @10PM EST

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

PBE PT

The rivalry between Luca Del Vecchio and White Goodman goes back many years. It started with both being selected for the Italian Under 15 squad and having to battle for the starting position. Neither of them had to earn their spot prior to this. With Goodman from Turin and Del Vecchio from Milan, it was a predestined rivalry, much like the cities’ respective soccer teams.

As they grew older, the rivalry only intensified at they traded spots back and forth. They also met at the club level in the national finals 2 years running. There have even been some choice words throughout the years.
Loosely translated from Italian:

“Goodman, your legs are so wide open you make Monica Belluci look like a saint”
“Hey Goodman, I’ve seen coupons with better [saves] than you!”

With the two players on rival teams once more in the SMJHL, we hope to see the rivalry reach new heights. The latest chirp between the two had Del Vecchio stating:
“Goodman is what you get when a kid with no talent uses daddy’s money to make it up in the world. He is a fraud; his agent is a fraud, his whole family is a fraud. He’s not even Italian. What kind of Italian name is Goodman anyways?!?!?!”

No response from Goodman had been heard at the time of printing.

@Jearim
(224 words)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

PBE PT

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

Mitchell van der Heijden and Ruslan Zaporozhets share a friendly rivalry. Both of them played for Team World in the World Junior Championships, and were known to be friendly during the tournament and the draft process as well. In fact, van der Heijden has stated that he’s wanted to play with Zaporozhets before. “Ruslan’s a great player who knows how to put the puck in the net and is a great guy as well. I’d love to go to the same team as him.”. However, Ruslan went to the St. Louis Scarecrows at 15, while Mitchell went to Anchorage at 11. And a friendly rivalry began between the Flying Dutchman and the Cossack, as they’re called. We’re 36 games in, and the two have the same point total of 22 points with the same spread (14 goals and 8 assists each), 7 points behind Alex Petrenko for first in rookie scoring. Mitchell vows that he’d beat Ruslan in a fight if they ever come to blows. “Ruslan may be outhitting me by 6 (20 to 14), but I’d kick his ass if push came to shove. He doesn’t scare me.” Fighting words from a man who hasn’t gotten into a fight ever.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

When you join your team you embrace your new teammates and you do your very best to learn how to work together to put out some results. There is really not rivalry between your teammates as you all work for the same goal, well, at least you would think so. Danila Zhernov got drafted to Kelowna Knights with another fellow draftee in defenseman position - Luciano Vessot. Throughout the first season Danila has been secretly rival with Luciano and have been comparing statistics. The main focus for Danila is when it comes to defensive statistics, not scores or assists. At the moment the shot blocked makes Danila a better defensive player of what he is super happy, but he is focused to be the best rookie defensive force on the ice. Such rivalry motivates and makes Danila to want to work even more than before and achieve better results when it comes to games.

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

Creller versus Doyle

Creller is by far the superior player in this case, with Doyle supplying no offense to her team. Some may argue that Creller is putting up shit numbers this season, but when you compare it to Doyle, he truly shines. Creller has amassed 4 goals and 3 assists in 39 games while Doyle hasn't even left the defensive zone, and tallies 0 points. With 55 hits and 7 blocks, Crellers defensive numbers are fairly solid for a winger but Doyle has stood in front of over 650 shots. A question mark in this comparison is how much icetime Doyle gets, and why the coach keeps playing her. Doyle consistently staying on the ice for 30+ minutes in a game, while Creller skates under 15. When asked about why he thinks Doyle gets much more ice time than himself, Creller was quick to say "She's a fucking goalie, this stat comparison is stupid, you should be fired."

@Evok

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

Well, George Costanza is the other rookie on my team which is the Colorado Raptors, so we have a bit of a competition that has started up between us. I like to bring up my TPE count before less is not more here but he likes to make fun of me for being on line 4. Somehow this turned into insults like from school, your mom comments and whatnot. For instance, "Yo momma is so dumb she thinks a quarterback is a refund." We also prank each other because that's a rivalry thing, like the time he filled my locker with shaving cream. I got him back of course by hiding his skates in the coach's office, the coach was in on it of course he doesn't care about the nonsense and the jokes. All in all we just have to see who fully becomes the best rookie by the time we are done with this year, the stats will settle it once and for all.

[Image: oie_floaties.gif]

There is a deep seated rivalry between Detroit rookie Kaarlo Kekkonen and the Vancouver Whaler White Goodman. Nobody quite knows how it started between the two, but from the day they entered the SMJHL the two had been eyeing each other up as potential rivals, and it wasn’t long before the two met on the ice and it really all started to come out. Kaarlo hit a shot with a little too much sauce and it clanged off White’s helmet and from that moment on they had to be physically separated every time they were near each other. It quickly escalated into crude and vile pranks including the mailing of dog shit to White’s home, who retaliated by trying to set fire to Kaarlo’s home while he was sleeping, a crime he is currently wanted for by Michigan PD. It’s uncertain exactly how this destructive rivalry will play out long term, but if it escalates any further there could be grave circumstances.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Thicc Cheezy and Luciano Vessot of Kelowna have really gotten into it on the ice the past couple of games between Halifax and Kelowna. Thicc is known to be a passionate player, but something about Vessot really pushes Cheezy to the limit. Last game the on ice Mics caught some chirps that Thicc was throwing Luciano's way.

During a scrum in the first period Luciano had a grip on Cheezy's stick and was caught saying "Cute, your my biggest fan. I'll get you a couple autographed sticks after the game to take home to your man cave"

Or in the second period after Thicc Cheezy blew past Luciano on a rush "Did John Scott teach you how to skate you fuckin bum? Go back to power skating"

Luciano was diving all night and Thicc had a particularly rude one "Fuck buddy you go down quicker than my wife after a few drinks"

It not known what set Cheezy off to start this feud between these two rookies, but it should be very interesting to see where it goes from here.

[Image: img]

Zlatan Ibrahimovic jr. does not have many rivals because he thinks he is a premium luxury in the league. He thinks he is one of the best two-way defenders in the SMJHL right now and not many rival his talents. If there was one player that would give Zlatan the run for his money, it would be none other than Nicholas Owens himself. The two have very similar builds: both at 200 lbs, both two-way defenders, both have the same strengths and weaknesses. As you can see, not many things separate these two and thus you can imagine that they will do their best to outshine the other when it comes to performance. The only difference between the two right before the draft was that Zlatan was 2 inches taller and hails from Sweden, whereas owens is from Japan. Even when it came to the draft, the two were fighting to see who can be the tpe leader. Eventually, Nicholas Owens won that fight, which led him to be drafted second overall by Anaheim Outlaws whereas Zlatan was picked 6th OA by the Whalers. Having been defeated once, Zlatan worked even harder once the regular season began. He now leads the draft class in tpe at 265 and Owens closely follows at 259. At this point in time, Zlatan has a slight advantage when it comes to on ice performance. Zlatan has 21 pts, 66 hits and 53 blocked shots. Owens is at 17 pts, 63 hits and 54 blocked shots. The only other rookie defender to arguably outperform these two is Alex Petrenko, who leads rookies at 31 pts. But Zlatan firmly believes that his work ethics and desire to be the best will eventually give him the lead when he enters his second season.

[Image: 6c148GU.png]
[Image: 1JDgYfw.png]

It's been quite the ride this season in Kelowna. After having started out among one of the top teams in the league, they quickly fell down the standings and now rank among the bottom dwellers of the SMJHL basement. However, the competition between rookies Luciano Vessot and Luca Del Vecchio has remained heated all season long. "It's kind of a fun atmosphere; having a couple younger guys on the squad you can battle with" Vessot said. However, Del Vecchio had other words to say. "If only my defense corps was a little stronger, maybe my stats would have faired a little better going deeper into the season", prodding away at Vessot and Zhernov, another rookie defender. "I can't help it when you place swiss cheese between the pipes," as Zhernov chimed in. "It's only a matter of time before the other team slams a few home when the goalie is aloof half the game."

@Zoone16 @iOBESE

Words: 154

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Al Kayhall and Thicc Cheezy. Team mates and drafted in the same class. You would think that they would be closer than brothers, and once they were, when Al was on the 4th line. Ever since Al was called to the 3rd and started putting up numbers that rivaled Thicc's that relationship has soured. "That scrub hasn't earned any perks with a negative 25 plus minus" Was overheard at the Barnyard, a small dive bar in western halifax after Thicc had imbibed in several halifax boiler makers. Still, Coach Balls must have been onto something, as after his call-up Kayhall has netted three goals and two assists. His plus minus has increased to a negative 22 and he earned his first star of the game. And that was in a game they lost! There is no more dominating of a performance of a player than to win the star of a game in a losing contest. Al Kayhall has one thing on his mind, showing Thicc that he was wrong and he will one day wear the A while Al wears the C. Time will tell.

[Image: sfOMki5.png]

I didn't think much of Berry Blue on the Achorage Armada. First, what kind of name is Berry Blue? That is the name of a soft drink. Absurd. Nothing like the name of Bjornoson Bjornosonson which means Bear Bear. That is what I am in my mentality. A Bear Bear. Nothing some fizzy drink that children swill at birthday parties.

Anyway, he never crossed my mind until we played them recently. Berry Blue was all over me in the first period. He hooked me hard once, which hey that's hockey, but then later he took a run at me when I was looking away without the puck. Thankfully he's just a little fizzy drink of a man and he bounced off of me like a child whose balls have yet to drop. I was still fired up.

We were down 4-3 in the third period, and I hadn't been having a great game, but then I found a seam and ripped a wrister past Beckett to tie the game! It was a good feeling. I hadn't scored in a while. We ended up losing it in the shootout though and so my rage is burning with a bright blue flame. Next time we face Anchorage, I'm going to destroy Berry Blue.

The Swedish phenom!
[Image: oie_oie_glitters.gif]

The SMJHL has aged me...
[Image: 4EGxhmr.gif]

PBE Affiliate PT