Create Account

S50 SMJHL PT 4: Rookie Rivalry

The closest thing that Elizabeth Doyle has as a rival in her rookie class would be Elle Rush. Not because she dislikes the other girl, they are going quite along together, but because she’s playing for the Detroit Falcon. It’s a rivalry born from the teams they are playing for and not the person. Because everyone know that the St. Louis Scarecrows and the Detroit Falcons hates each other. To go through a bit of comparison between the goalies, it would go like this. Both girls played more than 30 games. Rush played 36 and Doyle 32. Rush has a saving percentage of 0.867 and a GAA of 3.54. On her side, Doyle has a save percentage of 0.884 and a GAA of 3.25. One of the big differences between the girls is that Rush has 2 shutouts while Doyle doesn’t have any. Rush also has 2 assists in all her games played while Doyle is scoreless.

@SlothFaceThrilla

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

NSFL PT
Username: ADwyer87

I, Mike Hroch, am not a very trash-talky person, but I'm going to try. Even after almost a full season it seems like I am still getting my feet wet, but I do have one bitter rival in the league, and that is Shiqa Vitalievich of the Colorado Raptors.

I recently posted on social media:  "Shiqa is trash. I am SO much better of a backup goalie! When's the last time Shiqa ate twelve tacos in one sitting?"

The numbers don't lie either. Both Shiqa and I haven't played much, but I certainly has the advantage. I checked my stat sheet and I have a 3.62 GAA, and Shiqa sits at 4.05. That stands for Goals Allowed on Average, I think, right? 3 is better than 4 - less goals! And how about our Win/Loss record. That's like in baseball, right? I have 3 wins and Shiqa, that clown, only has 2! 

Finally, there's the most important factor, and that is size. I'm a tall drink of water at 7 feet, 6 inches. Shiqa on the other hand is practically a mouse standing at 6 feet, 4 inches. Any expert can look at both our bodies of work and correctly determine that I am the superior player. Take that, rival.

Kraken    Wolfpack    Inferno
Player Page  •  Update Page  •  Twitter  •  PBE Affiliate
[Image: oie_t51Jz8170MQ6.gif]
[Image: ZvQVgxr.png]

Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette. It all started the night before the Rookie Draft when we were assigned the same hotel room. At first Luc seemed like a good guy, we hung out, watched some cartoons on TV, and had some laughs. I even let him see my trucks I brought with me to remind me of home.

But when I got back to the hotel after the draft was over, he was already gone and so was my favorite red monster truck. I should have known not to trust him around it. He had been eyeballing it pretty hard the night before. Don’t think I don’t know you took it buddy!

From there things just heated up even more as we ran neck in neck in the standing for most hits in the season. It was a hard battle all season between us, but thanks to some bum luck and poor decisions being made, I got tanked in the last few games of the season and that slag was able to pull ahead. But that’s ok, cause next season the gloves are off. Same goes for you Atlas Rush.  I might not have been able to catch you this season, but I’m coming after you too.

[Image: Spicy_Funko.jpg]
Player Page             Update Thread

It's not easy to get drafted by the champions and even more difficult when they didn't lose much players. So Wachter had to play his entire rookie season on the 4th line with limited ice time. The only other rookie on the team is goalie Mike Horch and a rivalry with a goalie doesn't make much sense. So Wachter was looking for someone else to compare himself with. So he just said that he will have a friendly one way rivalry with the guy that got drafted right before him, from the Detroit Falcons Kenny Creller. Creller did got a lot more of ice time than Wachter, but he had one point less than Wachter. Creller finished with 12 points and a -15 in 14,59 AMG and Wachter finished with 13 points and a -6 in 9.15 AMG. Creller was the more phisical guy out there dominating with 76 hits against Wachter's 25. Imagine what Wachter could have done with 6 minutes more ice time a game.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

PBE Affiliate

[Image: MlBpAAD.png]

When hearing the word rival the most likely thing that comes to mind is two competitors facing off with each other, but in my case I would say I have a friendly rivalry with my fellow teammate, Alex Patrenko. As rookie defensemen we both have a ton to prove out on the ice. We have to show our gm that they made the right decision when drafting us, prove to ourselves that we can compete at this high of a level, and to show the SHL gms that we are worth drafting in this up coming draft. 

Anyway let's take a look at the stats and see who performed better overall in their rookie season.

Nicholas Owens: G:5 A:16 P:21 PIM:50 H:75 SB:61 
Alex Patrenko: G:4 A:29 P:33 PIM:30 H:55 SB:54 

I think we can all see who had a better season overall just with a quick glance. Patrenko has an incredible 33 points which is the highest amongst all rookies while I have only 21 which isn't terrible but that's a pretty big difference. Other than points however I do beat Patrenko in the other stats but I think that has to do more with our playstyle differences. (I do want to note however that our shots blocked isn't that much of a difference and PIM is not something you really want to beat someone in) Patrenko just isn't as physical as I am which shows in the 20 PIM and hit difference.

In our first seasons ever, Patrenko put up ROTY numbers while I have put up decent numbers for a rookie. I look forward to getting the chance to play with Patrenko in the upcoming season and hopefully winning a cup or two but I promise you Alex, I will win this rivalry overall when all is said and done. 

WC: 293
Blue text was not included in word count

@traphag

Ruslan fucking Zaporozhets this ukrainian bastard has had it out for me since day 1. Ive been absolutly fuming since he got picked above me in the draft. If Ruslan wasnt such a wuss i wouldve taken him out by know i am in no way opposed to fighting as my record shows and yet every time we meet out on the ice ruslan avoids every chance to fight we get! One of these i swear to god i will deck you out on the ice you cant run forever sure your stats are looking a little better than mine right now but i mean of course a little puck hog like you that cares more about his +/- then if his team wins games would have better stats. if you dont mind me i however will be helping my team and enjoying a positive team enviroment away from his toxicity.

[Image: il_fullxfull.2951208976_e3ir.jpg]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png] [Image: KS8UYv9.png]

rivals are born in so many different ways. Summer started by dirty hits, others by who got drafted first. But white Goodman and Luca Del Vecchio started way before the Smjhl was ever in the picture.

Their rivalry started back in Italy as both went through development programs in rival cities. Although white Goodman won more championships in Italy, Luca was picked before him. There was always a rivalry, but now it appears bad blood is brewing.

" Luca thinks he's an Italian but making fun of Italian icon Monica Bellucci is an insult to Italians everywhere."

" I've said it before and I'll say it again. Lucas name starts with an L which stands for Loser, My name starts with a W which clearly means Winner. That has been the difference between my career so far and Lucas."

It's not a stretch to imagine that these two will be locked in this rivalry for a long, long time.

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

Oleg Burov is a dumb man. I think he is a really bad goalie and that he should retire now. Hes only played 2 games lole. Thats just sad honestly haha. Now he did win the game thats pretty impressive but i still think hes prettty bad. Next season when he is mostly likely the starting goalie i am going to pop in like 10 goals on him loool. I just think that Oleg Burov is really unskilled. He has bad little baby hands. They are very weak he can barely hold up his gloves. Quite sad really. I think he is a big bum. He has no eyes too very blind. His 5 hole is wider than my grandmas coochie. Kinda wack if you ask me lool. His glove side is weaker than my will to live. He smells like booty. Dude grabs balls. He smells like fish filet. Bang bang.

@Sleepy

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

Ruslan Zaporozhets and Mitchell van der Heijden @bluesfan55 share a friendly rivalry. Both of them played for Team World in the World Junior Championships, and were known to be friendly during the tournament and the draft process as well. In fact, Ruslan was recorded saying "Having Heijden on my team again would be a lot of fun." However the Flying Dutchman went 11th overall to Anchorage and was cursed to Alaska, while Zapo the Cossack was sent to St. Louis at 15. "He may have had one more point than me (28 and 27 respectively), but if he (Mitchell) and the Armada can make it to the Four Star Cup finals. It will be myself, and the whole Scarecrows host waiting there to beat them" A photo from the St. Louis locker-room this interview took place in came with the aforementioned article, featuring the team surrounding the young sniper from the Ukraine.

[Image: C635IcS.png]

St. Louis Scarecrows surrounding the poor reporter.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]