Create Account

S50 PT #4 - Skills Competition
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 11:45 AM by hotdog.)

[Image: cut.jpg]
For this week's PT, we've got a @Mike Izzy special that he's been wanting to integrate for a few seasons but never got the opportunity to: the SHL Skills Competition 

At the S50 All-star break (pretend we have one), the league invites its elite talent to compete in fun skills challenges at center stage with all eyes watching. This season, the skills competitions are:

Fastest skater
Most accurate shot
Best shootout goalie

Written Option #1: For one of the above competitions, craft your ideal field of 4 contestants to compete in the challenge. Make your case as to why you're choosing these 4 to represent the elitest of the elite in this skill right now. (150+ words)

Written Option #2: For one of the above competitions, what one player would you bet on to win it? Why are you picking them - what makes you think they have the best chance to take home the hardware? (150+ words)

Written Option #3: Imagine that your player has been selected to participate in one of the above competitions. Tell us how you'd prepare and train for the challenge and/or tell us about how the competition went for you. (150+ words)

Graphics Option #1: Make a tv-style graphic (think something like this ish) that shows us the leaderboard for one of the above competitions - list the four contestants and their stats in the contest.

Graphics Option #2: Show us a scene from one of the listed competitions - must include player render and the proper jersey (either the team's jersey or some sweet all-star threads) as well as that individual's stats in the contest.

You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements. 

This PT will close Sunday, October 27th at 10pm ET.

Welfare claims from either PBE or the NSFL are accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

Any questions/concerns, please PM me.
Note: Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2019, 03:14 PM by bbjygm.)

By some fluke of the system, Slap was picked to compete in ALL the competitions. To begin, he trained for the fastest skater. He figured that the fastest skater was the one most in tune with the ice, so he spent days on end laying down and sliding around on the ice. He refused to leave when other hockey games were being played and frequently had to dodge the zamboni, but he felt very icy. Next, he trained for the most accurate shot. He figured hitting any small object with a stick-like object would help hone his accuracy, so he spent several days golfing and playing baseball. Then, he trained to be a goalie. He figured the fundamentals of goalieship was to stop things with his body, so he did just that. He ran around on the highway for several days, trying to stop cars with his body. However, no one seemed to want to run into him. Lastly, he decided to train for all three events at once. He went to the rink and for several days his training regimen consisted of shooting the puck accurately at the net, skating fast to the goal, and stopping the puck with his body. It is safe to say that he really pucked himself.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2019, 10:50 PM by JamesT.)

Quote:Written Option #3: Imagine that your player has been selected to participate in one of the above competitions. Tell us how you'd prepare and train for the challenge and/or tell us about how the competition went for you.

My skating and speed on the ice are attributes that I value to be strengths of mines. I was greatly honoured to be chosen as a participant in the fastest skater competition during the S50 All-star weekend.

The week leading up to the competition I would work on my speed during and after practice trying to see how fast I could go while turning corners and simulating what it would be like during the fastest skater race at the competition. 

I was the sixth person to skate out of the six different skaters participating in the fastest skater competition and everyone was extremely fast, agile and nobody fell. The pressure was on for me to do well, but unfortunately I finished last in the race by a whole second when I took a stumble going into the final turn.

Overall, I was just happy to be part of the All-star festivities and getting to talk with the players who are usually my opposition in games when i'm on the  Blizzard This is an experience I hope to be a part of more in the near future!

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 12:43 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Written Option #1: For one of the above competitions, craft your ideal field of 4 contestants to compete in the challenge. Make your case as to why you're choosing these 4 to represent the elitest of the elite in this skill right now.

There is 23 players currently in the SHL that can boast a 99 attribute number for skating. These are the fastest players in the world and through hard work and some good genes i Mike Izzy am 1 of those elite skaters in the league. Now in my 15th season i may not be as fast as i once was.. but If you have watched any Calgary games then you know that Mike Izzy doesnt 'glide' or 'fly' anywhere... strong and powerful strides with a couple of gears is a good representation of the augments skating ability.. and if you happen to be in Izzys lane when hes at full speed, it would be wise to get out of his way.

In this competition with me is a defender from Manhattan named Barret McCarthy. Moving into his 6th season and coming off of a career year where he boasted 47 points and 74 blocks, Barret plays at 1 speed out there.. and that speed is 'fast!'  at 6'2 225 pounds he uses both strength and agility to his advantage.

Also in the compeition is a tall skinny kid by the name of Steven Moyer who plays out in San Fransisco. The young center began to utilize them long lanky legs in s49 where he moved past 30 points for the season, while coming into his own this year dropping 34 points in 38 games.

The final player in this Fastest skater competition is a guy by the name of Jon Toner. A diminutive defender from LA who has been a good player in this league for a while now.. Toner stands at 6 feet 200 pounds with a dangerous first step and small quick strides! Coming off of his first 50 point season Toner is a player that Los Angeles game plans around, banking on him being able to out skate his opponents.

It should be a great competition!

@Inf1d3l, @CanadianDuck, @JT3

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

The All-Star break is finally upon us. The players usually use this time to relax and spend time with friends and family, but this year I've been asked to take part in the most accurate shooter competition. Having never done this before, I decided to accept. I've heard great things about all-star weekend so I figured I would get the experience first hand.

Leading up to the event, during practice with Edmonton, I had our equipment guys set up the targets on the nets after practice and I would work on hitting the targets. 30 minutes after every practice had me ready when the real event started. Finally, the day came and the field was set. It was me going up against Noah Konn (WIN), DeMaricus Smyth (NOR), Philipp Winter (LAP), and Mikhail Lokitonov (TOR). Luckily for me, I was scheduled to go last and got to see what numbers I needed to win. The other 4 shooters went, which resulted in Noah Konn holding the lead with 4 targets hit in 5 shots. There was a ton of pressure on me now, having to go a perfect 4/4 in order to win. I set up shop in front of the net and just focused on those targets. I got the pass, one by one, and nailed each target, one shot each. Your boy went 4/4 and won the most accurate shooter competition.

Not a bad way to spend all-star weekend.

(243 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
15-6-0
Regular Season - [G 2] [A 3] [Pts 5] [+/- +6] [PIM 10] [Hits 12] [SB 38]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Code:
Written Option #3: Imagine that your player has been selected to participate in one of the above competitions.
Tell us how you'd prepare and train for the challenge and/or tell us about how the competition went for you.

Lets be clear here, we all know there isnt a snowballs chance in hell, at 6'4 240 I will be anywhere near fastest skater, and with only 50 shots blocked this season, i COULD have a chance at best goalie, but the one challenge I might actually have a chance at is most accurate shot. I trained for WEEKS after finding out I was invited to compete, and I really thought that I had done well with my training (despite having the worst shooting percentage on the Hamilton Steelhawks). Turns out, nope. It was awful, just down right embarrassing to say the least. Like I get Im a defencemen, and this is usually dominated by forwards, but man it was awful. Words can not describe the embarrassment Atleast I did better than Jon DuBolk @MCP_ so us whaler boys can bond over that but man, the worst thing is, they caught it all on camera AND mic. (video recorded here was taken by friends so they could laugh) 

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Code:
Written Option #2: For one of the above competitions, what one player would you bet on to win it? Why are you picking them - what makes you think they have the best chance to take home the hardware?

This is a no brainer of a choice as Robert Phelps easily has the most accurate shot in the entire league. Phelps has the easiest chance to bring this home because his many years of service to the Steelhawks organization has turned him into the perfect accuracy machine, capable of nailing any target from any point on the ice. Players like Anazibf, Dicks and Jazz watch in awe as Phelps is able to somehow hit a top right corner wrister from the 500 section, seemingly defying the laws of physics (because he is). Who knows how much scarier he will be further into his old age as he hones this (witch)craft. He doesn't use this skill in actual games as it would be simply unfair and other teams would almost certainly ban him because he is screwing with the SHL's already shit meta, but in an individual skills competition Phelps would have no problem unleashing the true power locked inside him to capture the trophy.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Quote:Written Option #3: Imagine that your player has been selected to participate in one of the above competitions. Tell us how you'd prepare and train for the challenge and/or tell us about how the competition went for you.

Skating, a attribute of my strenghts, so it's clear i will be the fastest skater in the competition. I feel honoured to be selected for the competition during the S50-All-Star-Weekend. The week before the competition i will work with my skating- and off-ice-coach to be the fastest skater. We will work on explosivity, starting ang angling to find the best angel to get around the edge during the competition, to get so miliseconds out of my run. With my Off-Ice-Coach i work with sprints and jumps the hole week, du be prepared and ready to challange the other competiters.

I feel exited to find out, how fast i will skate, how fast the other players are, i always think, i'm one of the best ... we will see, if i'm right or if i have to go back to work during next off-season with my coaches.

[Image: sBbbJmN.png]
Thank you @ToeDragon84
[Image: 431fb2-1569327124.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was asked to be apart of the Season 50 Skill Competition. They had a hard time deciding what category to put me in. I am a very fast skater, with my skating at 98, there are not many players with higher in the league. I also have a really good shot, with scoring at 99, so I could probably win an accuracy competition. They gave me the choice of which one to participate in. I was half tempted to tell them the goalie break away challenge. At the end of the day I joined the most accurate shot. It just makes sense to me. I have a very good shot and I know I can make something happen out there while representing the Specters. I'll be battling it out with a few of the great players in the SHL currently. I will have to send an update once it is all said and done. Looks like it is time for me to get on the ice now, see you afterwards.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26

PBE PT

PBE Affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

PBE PT

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

[Image: pt-4-skills.jpg]

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

Simmer claim

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Written Option #3: Imagine that your player has been selected to participate in one of the above competitions. Tell us how you'd prepare and train for the challenge and/or tell us about how the competition went for you.

I like to think that skating is one of the stronger points of my game, while I may not be the fastest in the league by any means, I think that my technique and ability tyo deal with pressure would favor me in a fastest skating competition. I can typically be found around the big parm after practice is over working on my skating abilities with a parachute behind me giving me resistance. After even 10 minutes of doing sprints with the parachute on, you can feel the difference once it comes off. Between that and practicing my edge work as well as never skipping leg day in the gym, I think all the reasons above combined show why I would be one of the top contenders in a league wide fastest skater competition. I may not win, but I can be sure that I would be right near the top of the players chosen in the skills competition.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]