Create Account

Canadian Election Day!

10-24-2019, 12:17 AMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote:
10-23-2019, 08:23 PMCarbine Wrote: @Samee idk if you're confused or what but ok
@SecondSucks22 So apparently having an alternative political opinion is a bad take? Sorry, but not everyone holds Trudeau/Singh in high regard. In fact, a large portion of the country doesn't (see the popular vote).
@notorioustig In awe of its accuracy or?

Every major party planned to spend like crazy, even the Conservatives. At least we have a PM that's just slightly corrupt and not looking to absolutely gut the economy. Might happen though if he doesn't make amends with Alberta.

Explain how the conservatives are liberals.

I'd also like to know how the greens = fuck the economy... we have decades and DECADES of Liberal and Conservative corruption, literally no power for the greens, but some how they get a reputation for overspending because they prioritize the environment. A more accurate formula would be

Liberals = fuck the environment
Conservatives = fuck the environment

but ya, those greens are notorious for overspending in all their time spent in power... oh wait.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

10-23-2019, 08:23 PMCarbine Wrote: @SecondSucks22 So apparently having an alternative political opinion is a bad take? Sorry, but not everyone holds Trudeau/Singh in high regard. In fact, a large portion of the country doesn't (see the popular vote).

What are you even talking about? We don't vote directly for Prime Minister, so what the fuck do you think the popular vote has to do with Trudeau/Singh's reputation? Do you think this election showed Canada thinks highly of Andrew Scheer? Your alternative political opinion is fine to hold, but it's also open to criticism from your peers, and if you don't like that then perhaps you're the one who doesn't understand how holding differing political opinions works.

Should've voted for the Rhino Party.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

10-22-2019, 02:52 AMjason97 Wrote: [Image: EHc4-11XkAATCAW?format=png&name=900x900]

thanks it's only been 14 hrs since I was depressed I lived in Alberta.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

10-24-2019, 12:17 AMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote:
10-23-2019, 08:23 PMCarbine Wrote: @Samee idk if you're confused or what but ok
@SecondSucks22 So apparently having an alternative political opinion is a bad take? Sorry, but not everyone holds Trudeau/Singh in high regard. In fact, a large portion of the country doesn't (see the popular vote).
@notorioustig In awe of its accuracy or?

Every major party planned to spend like crazy, even the Conservatives. At least we have a PM that's just slightly corrupt and not looking to absolutely gut the economy. Might happen though if he doesn't make amends with Alberta.

Explain how the conservatives are liberals.

The comparison was mainly based on spending.

Are the conservatives actually liberal? Obviously not - at least they gave a timeline for balancing the budget of 5 years instead of the Liberals making no such promise to stop spending. I’m not sure where CBC’s source is in this article: https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/federal/2019/party-platforms/ (see Deficits) but a prediction of balanced budgets by the 2040s doesn’t at all surprise me with the way the party operates.

This is why I said PPC was “actually conservative”. Balance the budget in two years, then cut taxes. That’s what a fiscally conservative government should do. Yeah that would probably mean cuts. But it’s just like real life: it’s irresponsible to rack up a ton of debt on a bunch of “wants” then be stuck in a never ending cycle of debt.

And before the comment is made about spending on the pipelines: that’s an investment more so than spending. You build the pipeline, then make money off it through either exports or ending the purchasing of foreign oil. The idea of everyone having electric cars and using public transit is nice and all but it isn’t possible yet. I’d like to see you get an electric car to start in the dead of a Northern Canadian winter.

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

10-24-2019, 08:28 AMGrapehead Wrote:
10-23-2019, 08:23 PMCarbine Wrote: @SecondSucks22 So apparently having an alternative political opinion is a bad take? Sorry, but not everyone holds Trudeau/Singh in high regard. In fact, a large portion of the country doesn't (see the popular vote).

What are you even talking about? We don't vote directly for Prime Minister, so what the fuck do you think the popular vote has to do with Trudeau/Singh's reputation? Do you think this election showed Canada thinks highly of Andrew Scheer? Your alternative political opinion is fine to hold, but it's also open to criticism from your peers, and if you don't like that then perhaps you're the one who doesn't understand how holding differing political opinions works.

Do I really need to spell it out for you? Alrighty...

Conservatives won the popular vote. More people voted for candidates from the Conservative party than any other party.

You say we don’t directly vote for Prime Minister but I would not be surprised if 90% of people that did vote did so because they liked the party or the face of the party and not specifically because they like their local candidate. So while you’re technically correct in saying we don’t directly vote for Prime Minister, I’m certain that most people did so based on what the party or the leader declared during their campaigns.

As for the statement of Canada thinking highly of Mr. Scheer - I think it’s pretty clear that Canada doesn’t think highly of any of the leaders of the major political parties. If that was the case, we’d have a majority government. Instead, we have a wholly pissed off country with nothing solved from this election. Also note that I didn’t say “majority of the country doesn’t like Trudeau/Singh”. If that were true, this would be a different discussion.

As for my political opinions and your assumption that I don’t like the criticism of having a different opinion, you clearly must not know how a debate or discussion works.

The samee response was as much as a response he gave to my initial “hot take”.

The secondsucks response was specifically addressing his opinion that having an alternative (or in other words, right-leaning) political opinion is bad. That is a horrible way to look at it and I maintain that stance. I could say having a left-leaning political stance is a “bad take”, but I didn’t. If anything, I assumed he is on the left side of the Political spectrum which hasn’t garnered a response yet. If I was wrong, I’m sure he would have told me.

And as for tig, well, he hasn’t specified what he’s awe of yet.

Does that answer your question?

10-24-2019, 05:30 PMCarbine Wrote: And before the comment is made about spending on the pipelines: that’s an investment more so than spending. You build the pipeline, then make money off it through either exports or ending the purchasing of foreign oil. The idea of everyone having electric cars and using public transit is nice and all but it isn’t possible yet. I’d like to see you get an electric car to start in the dead of a Northern Canadian winter.

teslas run pretty good in the winter

source: canadian, ottawa gets to -40/-30, have friend who has a tesla

i know it isnt exactly northern canada but

[Image: c-g41mc-eng.gif]

10-24-2019, 08:25 AMGrapehead Wrote:
10-24-2019, 12:17 AMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: Explain how the conservatives are liberals.

I'd also like to know how the greens = fuck the economy... we have decades and DECADES of Liberal and Conservative corruption, literally no power for the greens, but some how they get a reputation for overspending because they prioritize the environment. A more accurate formula would be

Liberals = fuck the environment
Conservatives = fuck the environment

but ya, those greens are notorious for overspending in all their time spent in power... oh wait.

Forgot this one...

Look at the Greens platform. Massive spending, no way of paying for it (Before you say tax the rich - that only works for like, a handful of tax cycles before they leave Canada, taking their money with them. Unsurprisingly, people don’t like having their money taken from them.) and ending fossil fuel use in 10 years.

Sorry, that’s not feasible, let alone possible. If you think the opposite, we can’t have a productive discussion here. Destroying the economy for a fraction of global emissions is, quite frankly, stupid.

why cant canada be you know a leader in a green energy industry or smthn idk

10-24-2019, 06:08 PMSamee Wrote:
10-24-2019, 05:30 PMCarbine Wrote: And before the comment is made about spending on the pipelines: that’s an investment more so than spending. You build the pipeline, then make money off it through either exports or ending the purchasing of foreign oil. The idea of everyone having electric cars and using public transit is nice and all but it isn’t possible yet. I’d like to see you get an electric car to start in the dead of a Northern Canadian winter.

teslas run pretty good in the winter

source: canadian, ottawa gets to -40/-30, have friend who has a tesla

i know it isnt  exactly northern canada but

[Image: c-g41mc-eng.gif]

And if we can get to the point where electric vehicles are viable for everyday, year-round use and are truly affordable, I’m all in favour for them. I’d be one of the first in line for one, I think they’re pretty damn cool. I’d like to see more funding for green tech and I certainly hope this Liberal government is able to fund some advances with this carbon tax that I still don’t think we need.

I’m not anti-environment but I certainly think there’s a lot of climate hysteria going around. I don’t believe we have that much of an influence than people seem to think on a global stage.

10-24-2019, 06:21 PMSamee Wrote: why cant canada be you know a leader in a green energy industry or smthn idk

It just shouldn’t be at the cost of Alberta. Build the pipeline, use the money to fund green tech and phase out the oil sands when they’re costing us more money than they’re worth. And if we’re already at that point, I certainly haven’t seen the argument yet.

10-24-2019, 06:24 PMCarbine Wrote:
10-24-2019, 06:21 PMSamee Wrote: why cant canada be you know a leader in a green energy industry or smthn idk

It just shouldn’t be at the cost of Alberta. Build the pipeline, use the money to fund green tech and phase out the oil sands when they’re costing us more money than they’re worth. And if we’re already at that point, I certainly haven’t seen the argument yet.
myself i am against the pipeline but i mean the reality is that if they cant move oil with a pipeline they'll just do it with trucks, i guess moving it for money to fund green tech would be ideal but you have to hope thats what they intend to use the money for, which i feel is less then likely

Tbf in Sweden the green party is fucking our economy up with their policies.

I know literally nothing about the Canadian green party tho

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

@Carbine lmao you're a clown. I'm not responding to any of your points since you claim we can't have a conversation if I disagree with you. C-L-O-W-N

10-24-2019, 07:43 PMGrapehead Wrote: @Carbine lmao you're a clown. I'm not responding to any of your points since you claim we can't have a conversation if I disagree with you. C-L-O-W-N

You’re not replying because you have no response. Unfortunate.

At least I haven’t resorted to name calling. I’m sure your local antifa chapter would be proud of you.