Create Account

Rule Change/Clarification Regarding Regression

Sloth and I already figured out what my blind spot to this is in discord, so I’ll just stop arguing now.

Fuck HO anyway. Smile

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 04:53 PM by SpartanGibbles.)

As an updater, I appreciate getting this clarified and codified into the rulebook so it is not a gray area. Regression is already enough of a headache.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

So now I'm curious what caused this rule change.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

10-21-2019, 04:51 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: Sloth and I already figured out what my blind spot to this is in discord, so I’ll just stop arguing now.

Fuck HO anyway. Smile

Yay Heart

Wait a second!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

10-21-2019, 04:51 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: Sloth and I already figured out what my blind spot to this is in discord, so I’ll just stop arguing now.

Fuck HO anyway. Smile

You can always just retire so you don’t have to deal with regression anymore, nerd.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

10-21-2019, 06:49 PMztevans Wrote:

Fuck HO anyway. Smile

You can always just retire so you don’t have to deal with regression anymore, nerd.

Don’t be silly. Just like Joe K in real life, I’m just sticking around with no real goals for my career.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

10-21-2019, 06:57 PMJKortesi81 Wrote:
10-21-2019, 06:49 PMztevans Wrote: You can always just retire so you don’t have to deal with regression anymore, nerd.

Don’t be silly. Just like Joe K in real life, I’m just sticking around with no real goals for my career.

Are you coming to water aerobics with me after my crochet class?

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

Good change here. I feel like this should have always been obvious anyway. Definitely a back door means of circumventing regression.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

10-21-2019, 07:33 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: Good change here. I feel like this should have always been obvious anyway. Definitely a back door means of circumventing regression.

I'll Circumnavigate through your back door.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

10-21-2019, 07:37 PMToeDragon84 Wrote:
10-21-2019, 07:33 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: Good change here. I feel like this should have always been obvious anyway. Definitely a back door means of circumventing regression.

I'll Circumnavigate through your back door.

[Image: 200.gif]

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 12:28 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

10-21-2019, 04:43 PMbbjygm Wrote:
10-21-2019, 04:07 PMMike Izzy Wrote: wait..when you say 'anything earned after xx is not subject to regression' ....that can be read as allowing you to add tpe past the regression number and TPE cut off date?

AFAIK, people have been applying TPE to their update, then regressing the amount of TPE specified by the regression post. When I first started updating I pointed out that this would allow people to occasionally avoid going below the thresholds that cap players' stats due to regression, but it had been standard procedure before and there was no rule against, so we just kept chugging along in the name of fairness.

Hi @bbjygm

when you say standard proceedure, whos doing it this way? can we post in here some update examples of what led to the change? cause the information itself is pretty straight forward..and i worry that i and allot of other regressors lost out on there builds in a big way over what is very straight forward wording on what to do and why...

Eggy gives each person a number to regress at as i had below with 1845:

[Image: hYUjwRU.jpg]

then theres a cut off date on the additional TPE claims we can use as part of the regression number, as seen below:

[Image: LZyI6vM.jpg]

--
So anything before 9/9 has to be claimed and anything after should not. pretty straight forward and understandable as eggys deadline date makes these 2 regression rules below work.

-Once they drop to 85, all non-strength stats cannot be boosted beyond 85'
-Once they drop to 82, all non-strength stats cannot be boosted beyond 82.'

So if you use your 70-95 offseason tpe that are past the deadline to pad your attributes you are assuring youll never have to make a difficult player build decision, which is a clear circumvention of the rules. what part of the above wording is a loophole?

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

10-21-2019, 11:05 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
10-21-2019, 04:43 PMbbjygm Wrote: AFAIK, people have been applying TPE to their update, then regressing the amount of TPE specified by the regression post. When I first started updating I pointed out that this would allow people to occasionally avoid going below the thresholds that cap players' stats due to regression, but it had been standard procedure before and there was no rule against, so we just kept chugging along in the name of fairness.

Hi @bbjygm

when you say standard proceedure, whos doing it this way? can we post in here some update examples of what led to the change? cause the information itself is pretty straight forward..and i worry that i and allot of other regressors lost out on there builds in a big way over what is very straight forward wording on what to do and why...

then theres a cut off date on the additional TPE claims we can use as part of the regression number, as seen below:

--
So anything before 9/9 has to be claimed and anything after should not. pretty straight forward and understandable as eggys deadline date makes these 2 regression rules below work.

So if you use your 70-95 offseason tpe that are past the deadline to pad your attributes you are assuring youll never have to make a difficult player build decision, which is a clear circumvention of the rules. what part of the above wording is a loophole?

So this sounds like people cheated and HO is covering for it...

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 03:26 AM by Fordyford.)

10-22-2019, 01:53 AMKatth Wrote:
10-21-2019, 11:05 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Hi @bbjygm

--

So this sounds like people cheated and HO is covering for it...

I suppose they did but we’d rather not punish half the regressing players in the league for something that most of them didn’t know was against the rules. And they didn’t do a huge amount of harm

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

10-22-2019, 03:25 AMFordyford Wrote:
10-22-2019, 01:53 AMKatth Wrote: So this sounds like people cheated and HO is covering for it...

I suppose they did but we’d rather not punish half the regressing players in the league for something that most of them didn’t know was against the rules. And they didn’t do a huge amount of harm

RESIM!!!

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I've probably taken a fairly chunky benefit from this loophole, so I understand and won't fight back on it. But I will point out that updaters are going to need to be really on the ball about processing that regression. There needs to be enough room left to allow people to do the regression update and *then* the post regression update after that and get both of those processed and ready for pre-season.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]