Create Account

Rule Change/Clarification Regarding Regression

Sweet, fixing loophole after most of players already benefited from them, so only newer generation will be comparatively worse because of that. Why not instead remove paragraph Once they drop to 85, all non-strength stats cannot be boosted beyond 85. (and later version when they drop to 82) completely, if it was dead rule broken on seasonal basis and nobody punished for abusing it?

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

10-22-2019, 05:00 AMmajesiu Wrote: Sweet, fixing loophole after most of players already benefited from them, so only newer generation will be comparatively worse because of that. Why not instead remove paragraph Once they drop to 85, all non-strength stats cannot be boosted beyond 85. (and later version when they drop to 82) completely, if it was dead rule broken on seasonal basis and nobody punished for abusing it?

To be fair, when the rule was written, people weren't earning as much TPE as gets earned now. Nobody had ever yet once reached 2,000 TPE. Before the S31 class reached regression, only 3 people had ever done it before (Anrikannen, Garbanzo, Clayton). Then 5 of us got there. 4 of us are still playing now, and between Metzler, Visser and Kurczewski, we've probably only had to let 4 or 5 stats total fall below 85. You better believe we and LKS were using the hell out of this loophole.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

10-22-2019, 03:25 AMFordyford Wrote:
10-22-2019, 01:53 AMKatth Wrote: So this sounds like people cheated and HO is covering for it...

I suppose they did but we’d rather not punish half the regressing players in the league for something that most of them didn’t know was against the rules. And they didn’t do a huge amount of harm

Hehe look at that. Calgary pleading ignorance before it was cool.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

10-22-2019, 03:25 AMFordyford Wrote:
10-22-2019, 01:53 AMKatth Wrote: So this sounds like people cheated and HO is covering for it...

I suppose they did but we’d rather not punish half the regressing players in the league for something that most of them didn’t know was against the rules. And they didn’t do a huge amount of harm

I have to say, I’d be shocked if the percentage of regressing players doing this was anything near to half. I had literally never heard of doing this before and I’ve been around here almost five years. I know that’s just anecdotal evidence but I can’t see this being much more than a handful of people, probably mostly very high tpe players.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

10-22-2019, 08:01 AMSlappydoodle Wrote:
10-22-2019, 03:25 AMFordyford Wrote: I suppose they did but we’d rather not punish half the regressing players in the league for something that most of them didn’t know was against the rules. And they didn’t do a huge amount of harm

I have to say, I’d be shocked if the percentage of regressing players doing this was anything near to half. I had literally never heard of doing this before and I’ve been around here almost five years. I know that’s just anecdotal evidence but I can’t see this being much more than a handful of people, probably mostly very high tpe players.

I know both Eggy and myself did it, only because it was just easy to just throw the regression in with the other claims.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 08:41 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

10-22-2019, 05:45 AMAvakael Wrote:
10-22-2019, 05:00 AMmajesiu Wrote: Sweet, fixing loophole after most of players already benefited from them, so only newer generation will be comparatively worse because of that. Why not instead remove paragraph Once they drop to 85, all non-strength stats cannot be boosted beyond 85. (and later version when they drop to 82) completely, if it was dead rule broken on seasonal basis and nobody punished for abusing it?

To be fair, when the rule was written, people weren't earning as much TPE as gets earned now. Nobody had ever yet once reached 2,000 TPE. Before the S31 class reached regression, only 3 people had ever done it before (Anrikannen, Garbanzo, Clayton). Then 5 of us got there. 4 of us are still playing now, and between Metzler, Visser and Kurczewski, we've probably only had to let 4 or 5 stats total fall below 85. You better believe we and LKS were using the hell out of this loophole.

wait, wat?  Tumble
cause you wanted allot of tpe you decided to knowingly circumvent regression?
This is an ommision of cheating regression...
wtf...

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

10-22-2019, 08:27 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
10-22-2019, 08:01 AMSlappydoodle Wrote: I have to say, I’d be shocked if the percentage of regressing players doing this was anything near to half. I had literally never heard of doing this before and I’ve been around here almost five years. I know that’s just anecdotal evidence but I can’t see this being much more than a handful of people, probably mostly very high tpe players.

I know both Eggy and myself did it, only because it was just easy to just throw the regression in with the other claims.

As I said, this is likely to be almost solely limited to the very highest tpe players. You and Eggy were on the outer extreme of earners. It seems a little disingenuous to say it was solely because it was easier. There is a tangible benefit that I am sure the biggest tpe gainers were not and are not blind to. There is a knowledge of the benefit gained regardless of whatever the main motivation may have been

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

10-22-2019, 08:41 AMSlappydoodle Wrote:
10-22-2019, 08:27 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: I know both Eggy and myself did it, only because it was just easy to just throw the regression in with the other claims.

As I said, this is likely to be almost solely limited to the very highest tpe players. You and Eggy were on the outer extreme of earners. It seems a little disingenuous to say it was solely because it was easier. There is a tangible benefit that I am sure the biggest tpe gainers were not and are not blind to. There is a knowledge of the benefit gained regardless of whatever the main motivation may have been

Not really, I did the same thing when I had a bunch of banked TPE. I didn't really think about the nitty-gritty of it because I did it once and it went through with no problem.

2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*

Yeah, not gonna lie, I never even thought about this workaround existing and I like to think I'm pretty knowledgable on how the league works. I'd be hard-pressed to call anyone who took advantage of it prior to the re-write a cheater.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

I'm still confused here I think...

- Player's thread shows 1,100 TPE on (01/01)
- Regression is posted with player's TPE at 1,100 on (01/02)
- Player has 6 unclaimed TPE from a claim thread posted on (12/30)
- Player has 4 unclaimed TPE from a claim thread posted on (01/03)
- Player posts a new update on (01/04)

Should the player be regressed from 1,100 / 1,110 / or 1,106 TPE?

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 09:38 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

10-22-2019, 09:30 AMGrapehead Wrote: I'm still confused here I think...

- Regression says at the top of the OP that all claims before 1/02 can be added to 1,100 and all claims after 1/02 can not

Player regresses at 1,100 + 6 unclaimed from 12/30 = 1,106
4 unclaimed on 1/03 to be used after you regress

Knights|Dragons|Austria

10-22-2019, 09:30 AMGrapehead Wrote: I'm still confused here I think...

1106. The additional 4 are not to be regressed and can be applied after completing regression.

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 10:38 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

10-22-2019, 05:45 AMAvakael Wrote:

[Image: POV0dLT.jpg]

--
Im looking at his update.. he was soppose to regress at 1402 tpe...  thats after all the tpe he could claim before eggys 7/22 due date.
--

[Image: JkHlReO.png]

he adds 64 illegal tpe to his regression build.. then regresses

Strength 1(8) (87-86)
Endurance 3(24) (86-83)
Scoring 4(32) (90-86)

these are all his non strengths, with that 64 illegal tpe he saves himself from being locked in at no more then 85 and 82 for the rest of his career...then goes on and adds to those attributes in the regular season....

This is a profound advantage for a player and team... and If this ommision of circumvention is whats been going on, then we need to revisit this as more then a sweep under the rug ruling ASAP.

Knights|Dragons|Austria

10-22-2019, 04:43 AMAvakael Wrote: I've probably taken a fairly chunky benefit from this loophole, so I understand and won't fight back on it. But I will point out that updaters are going to need to be really on the ball about processing that regression. There needs to be enough room left to allow people to do the regression update and *then* the post regression update after that and get both of those processed and ready for pre-season.

This will 100% be on the user to fix. The Offseason is 2 weeks long, regression is posted about half a week to a week before the the offseason begins. So people will have at least 2 weekends to do this. First weekend do you’re regression, second weekend move forward with all your new TPE. It’s the off season it’s not gonna mater when that TPE is applied as long as it is before preseason. That said. When you wait to do your regression until the last minute and it’s not correct that is not my responsibility to care about you updating after regression

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

10-22-2019, 10:23 AMMike Izzy Wrote:
10-22-2019, 05:45 AMAvakael Wrote: To be fair, when the rule was written, people weren't earning as much TPE as gets earned now. Nobody had ever yet once reached 2,000 TPE. Before the S31 class reached regression, only 3 people had ever done it before (Anrikannen, Garbanzo, Clayton). Then 5 of us got there. 4 of us are still playing now, and between Metzler, Visser and Kurczewski, we've probably only had to let 4 or 5 stats total fall below 85. You better believe we and LKS were using the hell out of this loophole.

[Image: POV0dLT.jpg]

--
Im looking at his update.. he was soppose to regress at 1402 tpe...  thats after all the tpe he could claim before eggys 7/22 due date.
--

[Image: JkHlReO.png]

he adds 64 illegal tpe to his regression build.. then regresses

Strength 1(8) (87-86)
Endurance 3(24) (86-83)
Scoring 4(32) (90-86)

these are all his non strengths, with that 64 illegal tpe he saves himself from being locked in at no more then 85 and 82 for the rest of his career...then goes on and adds to those attributes in the regular season....

This is a profound advantage for a player and team... and If this ommision of circumvention is whats been going on, then we need to revisit this as more then a sweep under the rug ruling ASAP.

I think @JKortesi81 makes a valid point when he says all it will lead to is people regressing stats another way. If we look at Avakeal, since that’s the thread that’s brought us. All they need to do to circumvent. Instead of pulling it out of some of these areas Izzy pointed out, Avakael could have pulled it out of passing then bumped passing back up. They have 84 TPE in passing before it hits 90 so that could of easily made up for the TPE that drops those other stats below their threshold.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]