Create Account

Rule Change/Clarification Regarding Regression

The thing is, this isn’t really a rule for the “Max Earners” who have a ton of TPE. Most of us can just pull out (BA DUM TSS) of other attributes and never have to play with the thresholds yet. This is more for your lesser earning, middle of the road players who don’t have enough TPE in their build to do it that way, it makes those people make a decision.

Eventually, we’ll all be in that boat at some point. Well, if you want to keep your player living forever anyway.

I previously only saw this way as “more work”, but I get it now. This is fine.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

10-22-2019, 09:58 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
10-22-2019, 09:30 AMGrapehead Wrote: I'm still confused here I think...

- Player's thread shows 1,100 TPE on (01/01)
- Regression is posted with player's TPE at 1,100 on (01/02)
- Player has 6 unclaimed TPE from a claim thread posted on (12/30)
- Player has 4 unclaimed TPE from a claim thread posted on (01/03)
- Player posts a new update on (01/04)

Should the player be regressed from 1,100 / 1,110 / or 1,106 TPE?

1106. The additional 4 are not to be regressed and can be applied after completing regression.

So this clarification is to prevent a player from regressing themselves at 1,110 in the above scenario, ya?

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

10-22-2019, 10:23 AMMike Izzy Wrote:
10-22-2019, 05:45 AMAvakael Wrote: To be fair, when the rule was written, people weren't earning as much TPE as gets earned now. Nobody had ever yet once reached 2,000 TPE. Before the S31 class reached regression, only 3 people had ever done it before (Anrikannen, Garbanzo, Clayton). Then 5 of us got there. 4 of us are still playing now, and between Metzler, Visser and Kurczewski, we've probably only had to let 4 or 5 stats total fall below 85. You better believe we and LKS were using the hell out of this loophole.

[Image: POV0dLT.jpg]

--
Im looking at his update.. he was soppose to regress at 1402 tpe...  thats after all the tpe he could claim before eggys 7/22 due date.
--

[Image: JkHlReO.png]

he adds 64 illegal tpe to his regression build.. then regresses

Strength 1(8) (87-86)
Endurance 3(24) (86-83)
Scoring 4(32) (90-86)

these are all his non strengths, with that 64 illegal tpe he saves himself from being locked in at no more then 85 and 82 for the rest of his career...then goes on and adds to those attributes in the regular season....

This is a profound advantage for a player and team... and If this ommision of circumvention is whats been going on, then we need to revisit this as more then a sweep under the rug ruling ASAP.

can you stop being a rat

Was this brought on by a few select individuals or was this whole teams finding a loophole and exploiting that prompted this?

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

I dont think people necessarilly saw it as an exploit. I can only speak for myself when i say that i probably did the same thing in my regressions with my earlier players without even thinking about it, however my players never regressed so far that i had to worry about getting below the "point of no return".

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

TIL people weren't already doing this. I actually thought it was clear before that you needed to regress prior to applying new TPE, but rule clarifications are always good if it helps people understand it.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

10-22-2019, 08:40 AMMike Izzy Wrote:
10-22-2019, 05:45 AMAvakael Wrote: To be fair, when the rule was written, people weren't earning as much TPE as gets earned now. Nobody had ever yet once reached 2,000 TPE. Before the S31 class reached regression, only 3 people had ever done it before (Anrikannen, Garbanzo, Clayton). Then 5 of us got there. 4 of us are still playing now, and between Metzler, Visser and Kurczewski, we've probably only had to let 4 or 5 stats total fall below 85. You better believe we and LKS were using the hell out of this loophole.

wait, wat?  Tumble
cause you wanted allot of tpe you decided to knowingly circumvent regression?
This is an ommision of cheating regression...
wtf...

Yes, me and every other player who looked carefully at the regression application rule and realised that we were allowed to do just that.

In reality, you could still keep all your skills above 85/82 anyway- just take more TPE out of your strengths down from 99 etc and reapply that first. If you're a TPE whore, it still shouldn't affect you until you're my kinda age and about to drop 20% a season.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

10-22-2019, 10:23 AMMike Izzy Wrote:

[Image: POV0dLT.jpg]

--
Im looking at his update.. he was soppose to regress at 1402 tpe...  thats after all the tpe he could claim before eggys 7/22 due date.
--

[Image: JkHlReO.png]

he adds 64 illegal tpe to his regression build.. then regresses

Strength 1(8) (87-86)
Endurance 3(24) (86-83)
Scoring 4(32) (90-86)

these are all his non strengths, with that 64 illegal tpe he saves himself from being locked in at no more then 85 and 82 for the rest of his career...then goes on and adds to those attributes in the regular season....

This is a profound advantage for a player and team... and If this ommision of circumvention is whats been going on, then we need to revisit this as more then a sweep under the rug ruling ASAP.

Make sure to screenshot literally every other regression update I've done for the last 6 or 7 seasons, too.

Oh, and every updater who let me do it, too. The most protest I ever got was one updater who said I couldn't add the next seasons equipment in there, but he was overruled by his boss.

Might need to just accept that it wasn't remotely considered against the rules. If you want to change the rules now, fine- we can happily work within them. If you want to retroactively apply them, you've got an awful lot of players to penalise.

10-22-2019, 07:49 PMAvakael Wrote: Oh, and every updater who let me do it, too. The most protest I ever got was one updater who said I couldn't add the next seasons equipment in there, but he was overruled by his boss.

Might need to just accept that it wasn't remotely considered against the rules. If you want to change the rules now, fine- we can happily work within them. If you want to retroactively apply them, you've got an awful lot of players to penalise.

Nah dude it was all illegal TPE

With that being said pls dont look at any of my regression posts ty

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

10-22-2019, 07:54 PMZombiewolf Wrote:
10-22-2019, 07:49 PMAvakael Wrote: Oh, and every updater who let me do it, too. The most protest I ever got was one updater who said I couldn't add the next seasons equipment in there, but he was overruled by his boss.

Nah dude it was all illegal TPE

[Image: pxpc1UM.gif]

@Mike Izzy

10-22-2019, 07:58 PMAvakael Wrote:
10-22-2019, 07:54 PMZombiewolf Wrote: Nah dude it was all illegal TPE

[Image: pxpc1UM.gif]

@Mike Izzy

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

10-22-2019, 08:08 PMZombiewolf Wrote:
10-22-2019, 07:58 PMAvakael Wrote: [Image: pxpc1UM.gif]

@Mike Izzy

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 4345251ff36ba180fcd16db70ea09bb7d33d6548.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 08:29 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

10-22-2019, 07:49 PMAvakael Wrote: Oh, and every updater who let me do it, too. The most protest I ever got was one updater who said I couldn't add the next seasons equipment in there, but he was overruled by his boss. Might need to just accept that it wasn't remotely considered against the rules. If you want to change the rules now, fine- we can happily work within them. If you want to retroactively apply them, you've got an awful lot of players to penalise.

YOU came into this post boasting that you knew this was against the rules and brazenly circumvented them anyway.. no one else did that.... which a spit in the face to anyone on this site that works hard to earn there TPE and play this SIM fairly. at least show some humility when you tell everyone you circumvented the rules.

I dont give a shit about any loopholes... we all knew why there was a cut off date for tpe and the wording was clear enough that 95% of the league did it right...since HO isnt giving out any info, i looked at all the regression updates and here are the numbers:

Code:
- 94.4 % of the people in regression did theres the right way. (in that 5.6% is 1 team that almost all there players in regression exploited the loophole)
- If you take away that 1 team then 96.72% of the league did regression correctly.

So i dont know how it was 10-15 seasons ago, but right when you did it... it was a small amount of people who didnt follow the regression rules. 1 of them being your GM Wannabefinn... which frankly is amazing to me as he just lead the play by the rules outrage post -> **HERE**   Undecided

So WBF on 1 hand champions the role of fairness and transparency.. while knowlingly circumventing the rules against all his peers with the other hand.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 08:31 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

WBF is a HYPOCRITE and a CHEATER who also tried to TAMPER me a couple seasons ago. Angry

HO do your thing

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]