Create Account

Remove defense from weakness options?

10-23-2019, 10:14 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: Player archetypes need a major overhaul. This is a good starting point though.

Do you have any other ideas?

I'd really like something more limiting like PBE has where you have power hitters who can get power to 100 but shit for eye and contact hitters who are all about getting on base but won't be hitting homers.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

10-23-2019, 01:27 PMSlashACM Wrote:
10-23-2019, 01:24 PMgrok Wrote: His build is focused and he has enough TPE to overcome minor inefficiencies

It's his size isn't it

In reality it's mostly variance because goaltending in the sim is the position most influenced by the season-start RNG seed. Goaltenders with more than 800 TPE pretty much all have the same probability to be good or bad on a season and are way more influenced by their defense than their individual stats.

10-23-2019, 01:31 PMgrok Wrote:
10-23-2019, 01:27 PMSlashACM Wrote: It's his size isn't it

In reality it's mostly variance because goaltending in the sim is the position most influenced by the season-start RNG seed. Goaltenders with more than 800 TPE pretty much all have the same probability to be good or bad on a season and are way more influenced by their defense than their individual stats.

i should blame my defense? fuck yeah you suck @Evok

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

10-23-2019, 01:27 PMSlashACM Wrote:
10-23-2019, 01:24 PMgrok Wrote: His build is focused and he has enough TPE to overcome minor inefficiencies

It's his size isn't it
yeah im gonna have to agree with slash, blue is defo a big boy

10-23-2019, 01:31 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
10-23-2019, 10:14 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: Player archetypes need a major overhaul. This is a good starting point though.

I'd really like something more limiting like PBE has where you have power hitters who can get power to 100 but shit for eye and contact hitters who are all about getting on base but won't be hitting homers.
I have ideas for pretty much everything on this site, they just tend to get ignored or brushed aside. If you want to talk more in depth about a potential archetype overhaul I’d be more than happy to discuss it, if not outright map it out.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

10-23-2019, 01:39 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
10-23-2019, 01:31 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Do you have any other ideas?

I have ideas for pretty much everything on this site, they just tend to get ignored or brushed aside. If you want to talk more in depth about a potential archetype overhaul I’d be more than happy to discuss it, if not outright map it out.

#freewbf

10-23-2019, 01:39 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:

I'm always down to discuss this stuff

I would assume that it'll never get implemented because of something like history, but it's still worth having the conversation in the case that we actually catch someone's attention

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

10-23-2019, 01:12 PMSlashACM Wrote: Speaking of build diversity, how about size as a stat not correlating with size of your player in the sim? All the good goalies are 6'5+

Chris Partridge is 6'0"

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

10-23-2019, 02:30 PMGrapehead Wrote:
10-23-2019, 01:12 PMSlashACM Wrote: Speaking of build diversity, how about size as a stat not correlating with size of your player in the sim? All the good goalies are 6'5+

Chris Partridge is 6'0"

3 time champ, 6 time finals beaujeaux biscuit is 6'2"

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

10-23-2019, 02:42 PM.bojo Wrote:
10-23-2019, 02:30 PMGrapehead Wrote: Chris Partridge is 6'0"

3 time champ, 6 time finals beaujeaux biscuit is 6'2"

That's 6'5+

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019, 04:45 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

Tbh We're already curling them enough with telling them how to make their players and what stats to choose.

Theyre not babies, let them figure some shit out on their own.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

10-23-2019, 04:39 PMSlashACM Wrote:
10-23-2019, 02:42 PM.bojo Wrote: 3 time champ, 6 time finals beaujeaux biscuit is 6'2"

That's 6'5+

what

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

10-23-2019, 01:31 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:

Crucial difference is in two things:
  • Archetypes define caps, not just a minor boost to +9 max cap through strengths, but as you mentioned creating identity for players, build diversity is sort of forced by it, since it's impossible for speed and power archs to have same end result, tough builds are rather similar within same archetype, due to lower amount of attributes.
  • It's impossible to max out the builds - you'll never earn more than 1900 TPE in PBE and to max out all usable stats (so no stuff like bunting) you need ~2250 TPE, so you avoid stagnation of banking/dumping TPE into useless attributes.
Still that require whole overhaul and with league of this size it would require something like two weeks stoppage and monumental updating effort to get everything done, after similarly big effort to design new archs/updating scales etc.

Going back to topic at hand: removing defense as weakness seems to have no downside and doesn't require any time costly overhaul like some other proposals mentioned. Maybe fix the 4 aforementioned players to to fit the new change, but outside of that it's just switching templates used for creating players. Good call.

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

10-24-2019, 04:02 AMmajesiu Wrote:

Crucial difference is in two things:
  • Archetypes define caps, not just a minor boost to +9 max cap through strengths, but as you mentioned creating identity for players, build diversity is sort of forced by it, since it's impossible for speed and power archs to have same end result, tough builds are rather similar within same archetype, due to lower amount of attributes.
  • It's impossible to max out the builds - you'll never earn more than 1900 TPE in PBE and to max out all usable stats (so no stuff like bunting) you need ~2250 TPE, so you avoid stagnation of banking/dumping TPE into useless attributes.
Still that require whole overhaul and with league of this size it would require something like two weeks stoppage and monumental updating effort to get everything done, after similarly big effort to design new archs/updating scales etc.

Going back to topic at hand: removing defense as weakness seems to have no downside and doesn't require any time costly overhaul like some other proposals mentioned. Maybe fix the 4 aforementioned players to to fit the new change, but outside of that it's just switching templates used for creating players. Good call.

Those 4 guys are under 200 tpe, I doubt they are even used in lines. Could probably let them disappear naturally.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Move to an archetype and badge system like 2K

[Image: urawa4.jpg]
Special thanks to @Sleepy for the signature