Create Account

S50 WFT #4: Make The Case Round 2: STHS Edition

It's (generally) worth it to invest points in your weakness

AGAINST -- what the heck does this mean? why in the world would you want to invest points in your weakness when it costs more tpe to do so compared to investing tpe into attributes that actually matter? Generally, forwards pick checking as their weakness and obviously the other attributes like Skating, Scoring, and Defense are all more valuable so even though the tpe cost goes up, it's absurd to imagine investing into your weakness.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Y'ALL, I HAVE A DAMN BOOK ON THIS

Quote:Strength is the most underrated attribute

It's fucking obvious if you read, just read the manual. If you add to Defense like every god damn person says, you're making your player pass the puck more. You're deferring on shots more, so why is a sniper wanting to do better on defense? Why is a skate-first player somebody who wants to add heavily to defense? This is why defensemen are basically made to be pass first players. Defense makes you pass the puck. If you take a look at the decision engine, because this is not as much a skill engine as it is just deciding what you do as a player, it's either you Shoot the puck if your scoring is high, you pass the puck if your passing AND defense are high or you skate the puck if your skating AND puck handling are high.

So basically, a lot of things effect how your player plays. What decisions they make with the puck. How they move and why they move that way. You know what doesn't? Strength. Strength is an attribute defined as the ability to get hit and not lose the puck. It drives possession. Skating does the same thing, but makes you act differently. Puck Handling the same thing, you act differently. Everything that helps you maintain possession through a check also makes you act differently. Strength is just bulling through it, maintaining your style of play and just powering through to be a better possession driver. You'll score more, you'll play better and you won't change a damn thing about yourself. Strength is the BEST attribute, the most important attribute in the sim to make you successful and make you maintain puck control.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2019, 02:40 PM by 5ympathies.)

Code:
Sacrificing a live animal (preferably a goat or a sheep) is the only way to appease Simon and guarantee sim success

AGAINST! Cameron Carter II is a live animal, and every day the members of the New England Wolfpack pray to him in order to receive blessings of greater sim results. So far it hasn't been working out too well. Maybe we should try another animal next?

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Code:
Endurance is the most underrated attribute

I have heard multiple times in juniors that you should not get your endurance very high, yet many teams actually have some of their top scorers playing quite low minutes with fresh legs which leads me to believe that endurance's effect is higher than most would believe and only kept in check by fact that there is cap for tpe in SMJHL and when everyone tells that you don't need it, people wont be taking it.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Code:
Sacrificing a live animal (preferably a goat or a sheep) is the only way to appease Simon and guarantee sim success

There is actually no way to appease Simon. He never cares about you or your players. He does as he pleases and will screw over anyone he wants at a given time. He has no mercy

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

Code:

Against: You want to focus on your players strengths as a good team would have other players to compensate for your weakness. For example if your players' weakness was skating, there should be other players with excellent skating on your roster. Also it requires more TPE to add points into your weakness and the max your weakness attribute can reach is 85.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2019, 03:19 PM by jRuutu.)

There should be more of a penalty for playing forwards out of position

For

There should be massive penalty for it, there is a reason why players have one position where they are the best at - its really hard to ´master´ more than one position, only very few are able to play two positions well, so more of a penalty is needed in my opinion.

Code:

In my opinion its the only option how you can make sure to win! the STHS can be so random and you never know which wave you are on.

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Reaction time is the single most important attribute for goalies

Agreed. You don't want a goalie that puts other stats in front of RT unless you want sievey mcsieve minding your net looking like a turtle with squiggly limbs.

@ztevans

Doubt is a dream killer

Code:
Defense is an OVERRATED attribute

Against.

Defense is a perfectly rates attribute. Adding points to defense has easily been the fastest way to improve on ice performance overall. Being solid in your own zone enables you to transition and play a cleaner game on the other end of the ice. Defense helps you get the puck back and stop the other team from scoring which gives you more chances to play offense and a greater chance to win. Defense is OP!

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

Quote:Sacrificing a live animal (preferably a goat or a sheep) is the only way to appease Simon and guarantee sim success

AGAINST.

There is absolutely zero way to appease Simon and it is impossible to guarantee sim success. Just when you think you've found the correct ritual to achieve your desired sim results, Simon spits directly in your mouth and laughs in your face. Simon is a cruel god and shows no mercy. We are nothing but puppets in his sick game.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

Code:
For. I mean this probably depends on their weakness, but for someone with my subpar build, I have to. My weakness is fucking scoring for Pete's sake. So I have to keep it so close to my passing. This is probably something that varies when I get to the SHL

Code:
For. Like @SecondSucks22 says, I had to sacrifice the gerbil that runs my computer to earn my Four Star Cup and Champions Cup riding bench. I tried a bigger offering of a Goat for the WJC, but we washed out before the medal rounds so there's that. Maybe Simon wants variety? Try a ferret next time.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Goalie size is definitely not only a factor that impacts goalie performance but I will go as far to say the most important factor. My brother Tommy Tuck is one of the least talented goalies in the league, but also one of the biggest pieces of smelly poop that I know. What has that gotten him you ask? A decorated career in the SMJHL, SHL, and IIHF. He has been in the running for records, won titles, won MVPs all by just being a big ole POS. Check mate skinny goalies.

@Muford

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

Against. A lot of players, myself included, have checking as a weakness. You earn TPE from equipment in checking. Plenty in my opinion. No need to add more.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Code:

Once you've maxed out on everything else that's important, sure. Why not. And if you're active with updating and stick with one player for a decent amount of time, you'll most certainly max out on all of the big stuff. I only have 1300 TPE and I'll start putting points into my weakness next season, probably. And then you can just regress from there and it won't hurt as much.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page