Create Account

All Star Games

I was tinkering with STHS this evening and I found a way to sim an all star game. This idea mainly revolves around the SMJHL since it's what I'm simming but it would apply to the SHL as well. The idea would be to sim an all star game halfway through a season, and GMs would vote on who gets to play in the all star game, and up to 4 players from their respective teams. All star teams can have up to 3 goalies, so would it be 3 skaters + 1 back up? 4 skaters for certain teams, and 1-2 goalies from other teams? I don't know all the details yet. The difficulty would be to have an even number of skaters/defensemen/goalies from both sides, or I guess some skaters could play defense if needed.

I think it would be a lot of fun for rookies and smjhl players to break the season into 2 halves, and we could have a pbp style media, no TPE involved of course, or just a commentary of the game. I was ready to work on it but it would be nice to involve GM's to pick who gets to play. I think a mix of the top current players at the time + rookies would be good. If we follow the IRL locations of the SMJHL teams, the all star teams would be as followed:

East: Carolina, Colorado, Detroit, Halifax, St. Louis
West: Anchorage, Anaheim, Kelowna, Lethbridge, Vancouver

The game file would look like this. By default the scoring is way higher than in the SHL/SMJHL so I could tinker with it. One of the downside is both teams' lines have to be set manually, there is no auto lines. So who would get to do the lines? Something we would need to figure out here. Let me know what you guys think, I actually wanted to set one up in the next few days for a media piece, but if we can get something together to involve people and do this every season it could be a nice thing to look forward to.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

I love this idea. It would be fun to see some all star super lines.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

great idea! i like anything that makes it closer to real life and we definitely need more fun events in general.

We used to have them in whatever the newest EA NHL game was and that made it extra-fun, but I'm certainly supportive of whatever happens

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Sounds awesome.

How do we make this happen? Seems like a good idea and no one has posted objections, so what's the process moving forward?

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

10-24-2019, 02:07 PMthiefofcheese Wrote: Sounds awesome.  

How do we make this happen?   Seems like a good idea and no one has posted objections, so what's the process moving forward?

I don't want to speak for @Kalakar but I think he wants to wait for next season since it is close to playoffs and gives us time to get stuff going.  I was talking with him in Halifax and there's a lot that could happen, graphics contest to design jerseys, potential PBP thread for the game, coordinated media on selections, etc.  Could be a really fun community project imo even if the league doesn't back it officially.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

10-24-2019, 02:15 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:
10-24-2019, 02:07 PMthiefofcheese Wrote: Sounds awesome.  

How do we make this happen?   Seems like a good idea and no one has posted objections, so what's the process moving forward?

I don't want to speak for @Kalakar but I think he wants to wait for next season since it is close to playoffs and gives us time to get stuff going.  I was talking with him in Halifax and there's a lot that could happen, graphics contest to design jerseys, potential PBP thread for the game, coordinated media on selections, etc.  Could be a really fun community project imo even if the league doesn't back it officially.

Yeah there are so many things we could do, and it would have been nice to get it going for S50, but I wouldn't want to half ass it and have it buried while we're in playoffs mode. I think it would be a better idea to do it next season, it would give us more time to think about what we could do, how to do it, but it's definitely happening.

10-24-2019, 02:19 PMKalakar Wrote: but it's definitely happening.

This is the answer I was hoping for. Thanks Kalakar!

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Love it.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

All star games seem like a no brainer add to the league... Not sure why we never pushed for it. But this is a solid idea and why not have it as a payed job where we hire a few people to run the All star game festivities each season?

If this does ever happen, just a thread with all the players picked doesn't invite the whole league to engage in it like the way an actual all star draft thread would... Maybe have the 2 teams in the previous seasons challenge cup (whether it be the GMs or a player on each of those teams) do the selecting of there conference live in a draft... That would definitely get everyone's attention.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Quote:All star games seem like a no brainer add to the league... Not sure why we never pushed for it. But this is a solid idea and why not have it as a payed job where we hire a few people to run the All star game festivities each season?

I'm too broke for this, but it would be nice, there is a lot of things we could do and it would involve a lot of work.

Quote:If this does ever happen, just a thread with all the players picked doesn't invite the whole league to engage in it like the way an actual all star draft thread would... Maybe have the 2 teams in the previous seasons challenge cup (whether it be the GMs or a player on each of those teams) do the selecting of there conference live in a draft... That would definitely get everyone's attention.

That's a good idea, I know some GMs showed interest in selecting players when I pitched the idea. It could be something to look into.

I'm also gonna work on a skills competition idea this weekend, I think it would be fun to have as well with the all star game to get the players hyped and maybe it will lead to more media ideas from rookies/smjhl players.

said it in canada lr and ill say it here, I like this idea, Pay Kalakar 10 mil for this idea

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Necroing this thread to say I'm gonna start working on this idea to implement in S51. If you wanna come brainstorm with me DM me here or on Discord and I'll invite you to a secret lounge so we can all talk about it together!