Create Account

A NEW WARRIOR RISES - Journey to the Sim leagues

It is game 7, challenge cup on the line. The 3rd period score tied at 3. Jeffrey Santiago, the captain of the Manhattan Rage tries to motivate his team. "Ok guys, game 7 is on the line. We didn't come this far to quit. We cannot let the Winnipeg Jets beat us! I want to retire knowing that I won a Challenge Cup. Are you with me?" He shouted as the team goes all together "1-2-3- GO RAGE" and heads out the locker room with the crowd roaring. "It is the 3rd period of this heart-pounding challenge cup" said commentator Jim Hughson. As the teams get ready for the faceoff, the 3rd period underway. With 8 minutes left, Santiago scores an assist making it 4-3. And with 30 seconds remaining, the Jets pull their goalie for the extra attacker. Santiago turns it over in the natural zone and dumps it into the goal with 3.6 seconds left. "And that goal right there will seal the deal" Jim Hughson said. And when the clock strikes zero, the game is over the Rage win the challenge cup, with Santiago as MVP. Champagne gets poured into the locker room, and a parade in Manhattan starts. Santiago retires, finds a girlfriend, gets married and lives happily ever after....in a video game of course. Unfortunately for Jeff, it was just a video game and has yet to experience what it's like to be a junior hockey player. "it was just a video game and I have yet to experience what it's like to be a junior player." He said SARCASTICALLY MIMICKING THE NARRATOR!! His performance in the midget level was pretty solid. Starting out as a defenseman, and adapting to a two way forward. But will he do the same in the SMJHL?