Create Account

Goalie Milestones
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2019, 08:38 PM by BDonini.)

I think the current set up for goalie milestones makes it unfair to goalie tandems who often lose out on certain milestones completely off the number of games they play and nothing else. I'm not sure how many goalie tandems there are in the SHL but in the SMJHL there are 5 teams who's starter goalie started 35 games or less, that's half the league who have a starter missing out on possible milestones because they're playing less games than other starters and possibly an active backup who's really restricted in the number of milestones they can earn since they're not playing much.

Take the current SMJHL milestones for example

Code:
GOALIE
Save% -> .881 or more
GAA -> 3.16 and below
Shutout -> 2 or more
Assists -> 2 or more
Penalty Shot % -> .821 or more
Games as Starter -> 40 or more
Games as Backup -> 11 or more
Starpower -> 8 or more
Wins -> 20 or more
PIM -> 4 or less

There are ~7 out of 10 milestones on this list that could be negatively affected by playing less and a lot more difficult for tandem goalies to achieve.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Honestly milestones for goalies are 1000% a crapshoot anyways. There's no way to control your PS% or PIM as a goaltender. You can kind of influence your assists if you're content with a suboptimal build. Wins and GAA are team stats. The best goaltender in the league can only reliably assure 3 milestone TPE on a bad team, 4 if they aren't part of a tandem.

The tandam issue is a non factor. As both should get the back up milestone instead. And you can't get both anyway.

The game stars is the only one that being a tandam goalie makes it harder to get. All the other ones like grok said and equally hard or easy. And super team dependant

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Overall I'm not overly happy with the milestones either (probably because I missed a few very closely this season), but I do agree with the Starpower milestone that Tomasnz mentioned. They're always split between the two goalies and it can happen that you're one short, because the other one had a good game. As goalies, even as starters, we play fewer games than F/D anyway which makes it harder. In the end it all depends on random luck, not much you can influence.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]