Create Account

Larger and Fewer Hot Potato Articles

10-30-2019, 08:22 PMbbjygm Wrote: No offense to you or anything, I'm just not convinced it's a significant enough problem to require a change.

Yeah no I get it, and I don't think it's very significant either. Plus you guys gave me solid reasoning for it not needing a change. If more media was being put out in general the Potato wouldn't really be taking up as much space in comparison; this seems to be more of an isolated situation where a lot of Potato articles came out together at a time where there was a lull in media. Makes sense :-) Keep doing what you guys are doing and praise be to the Potato

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

10-30-2019, 08:37 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: Yeah no I get it, and I don't think it's very significant either. Plus you guys gave me solid reasoning for it not needing a change. If more media was being put out in general the Potato wouldn't really be taking up as much space in comparison; this seems to be more of an isolated situation where a lot of Potato articles came out together at a time where there was a lull in media. Makes sense :-) Keep doing what you guys are doing and praise be to the Potato

How is the potato served, though? This is important.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

10-30-2019, 08:52 PMztevans Wrote:
10-30-2019, 08:37 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: Yeah no I get it, and I don't think it's very significant either. Plus you guys gave me solid reasoning for it not needing a change. If more media was being put out in general the Potato wouldn't really be taking up as much space in comparison; this seems to be more of an isolated situation where a lot of Potato articles came out together at a time where there was a lull in media. Makes sense :-) Keep doing what you guys are doing and praise be to the Potato

baked potato with olive oil, salt and pepper

[Image: 3.png]

10-30-2019, 08:52 PMztevans Wrote:

hot

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

I'm gonna start a cold potato article series

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

I don't usually read them but I don't mind having them there

[Image: urawa4.jpg]
Special thanks to @Sleepy for the signature

Dont mind them, I think that there is less media in general right now so it looks like its cluttering, but in reality I think tahts because there hasnt been a ton of media outside of it.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

10-30-2019, 04:21 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: I would also be a fan of giving significantly bigger bonuses to better quality articles instead of essentially grading all words equally, but then we hit a grey area of subjectivity that is many problems waiting to happen.

As an SHL grader, this already exists. We can give up to a 1.5x bonus for articles that we feel go above and beyond or show significant quality and work effort

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

10-31-2019, 09:43 AM39alaska39 Wrote:
10-30-2019, 04:21 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: I would also be a fan of giving significantly bigger bonuses to better quality articles instead of essentially grading all words equally, but then we hit a grey area of subjectivity that is many problems waiting to happen.

As an SHL grader, this already exists. We can give up to a 1.5x bonus for articles that we feel go above and beyond or show significant quality and work effort

hmmmm where my bonus at

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

10-31-2019, 09:43 AM39alaska39 Wrote:

Yeah in general I'm just all for rewarding effort and creativity handsomely to encourage better quality articles rather than a simple spewing out of words to get training for a week or two.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

10-31-2019, 09:38 AMluketd Wrote: Dont mind them, I think that there is less media in general right now so it looks like its cluttering, but in reality I think tahts because there hasnt been a ton of media outside of it.

I think this is the problem too. The hot potatoes are fun enough. My main issue with them is they ignore goalie interference and goalie slashing as valid ways of getting the potato. (although likely that would cause a goalie to get stuck with it..)

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

11-03-2019, 03:37 AMTomasnz Wrote:
10-31-2019, 09:38 AMluketd Wrote: Dont mind them, I think that there is less media in general right now so it looks like its cluttering, but in reality I think tahts because there hasnt been a ton of media outside of it.

I think this is the problem too. The hot potatoes are fun enough. My main issue with them is they ignore goalie interference and goalie slashing as valid ways of getting the potato. (although likely that would cause a goalie to get stuck with it..)

I know this is mostly in jest, but one thing that has always irrationally bothered me with Simon T is you can't see who "drew" penalties, so there'd be no way to prove if the goalie slashed the potato holder (or if a skater cross-checked them, etc.)

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page