Create Account

S50 State of the Union
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2019, 12:27 PM by BadWolf. Edit Reason: typo )

S50 State of the Union
This SOTU Address is to help with transparency between SMJHL HO and the league

Budget
  • S50 was the first season with a budget since the emergency expansion in S46. We are thrilled to have this up and working after spending many months ironing the details out.
TPE cap
  • The SMJHL TPE Cap has been raised to 425 for third year players and above. This motif is in hopes to increase diversity and drive activity within the league. 
Upcoming Media Project - Written and Proposed by Infidel
  • With the influx of newer players on a regular basis, whether it be through reddit drafts or otherwise, one big issue the league currently deals with is player retention. Now, we know that 100% retention is completely impossible but our goal first and foremost is to give each player the best chance they can to succeed into the future of our league. One way I propose we do this is to coordinate with both the SMJHL Media & PT departments and to generate a bi-weekly media topic (similar to a weekly PT topic) in which SMJHL rookies can write about and earn a bonus amount of money based on this. Since money becomes a factor in the long game, between equipment and weekly training, earning money is a big deal in the league. I think this change, along with the previous budget changes, would allow rookies to prepare themselves for the SHL drafts as well as generate more content on the site. I figure the breakdown would go something like this: The creation of media based on the Bi-Weekly topic is limited to SMJHL rookies only, whether they be recreates or first generation players.
  • ~Users may only benefit from one media bonus per topic per bi-weekly period.~Users will earn an additional 50% media bonus based on a media piece that meets the requirements of the topic~Users must label their media piece as benefiting from the media bonus for ease of graders to properly payout these pieces (similar to any double media bonus otherwise done on the site)~A total of three media topics will be posted per bi-weekly period.~Bonus maxes out at 500k and Topics must be a min 500 words, you may write more.
              * Rules subject to change as this is being discussed in HO 

HO is also discussing a topic from the suggestion box - Found Here

Rule Changes
  • 111. A. 8. A team may additionally release a player who: #1. Has no update thread (ie. 155 TPE) and #2. Has not logged into the site in 14 days or longer; and replace that roster spot with an active player signing. The team will not be penalized against the max number of releases per season nor for any of the released players salary against the teams cap. The player released becomes an inactive free agent immediately.
  • E. Draftable Free Agents (DFA)
    1. If a user creates a new player between the SMJHL trade deadline and playoffs, they may sign for any team as a free agent. After the Four Star Cup Finals, they will be released and enter the SMJHL Draft.  

a. DFAs do not count against the salary cap.  
               b. A DFA will receive a standardized contract of 1m.  
               c. Teams with 1m or over in cap space at the SMJHL Trade Deadline may sign DFAs immediately after approval. Teams with less than 1m in cap space at the SMJHL Trade Deadline must wait at least 12 hours after approval to sign a DFA. 
             *All teams may contact players immediately after approval.
         2. These players CANNOT do Team Training Camp, Point Tasks, Championship Week, Play-by-Plays or purchase equipment for the current season. They MAY do weekly training and activity checks.
         3. If a member creates a new player after playoffs start, they must wait to enter the upcoming SMJHL Draft. They may NOT sign with a team for the remainder of the current season or earn TPE through any means except weekly training and Activity Checks.
NOTE: New members may complete Your First Point Task and the New Player Survey at any time to earn TPE.

*Formatting may be weird on mobile (or in general) don't @ me, I tried my best. Should at least be readable on dark theme. Thanks! 

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

WiC not posting the SOTU

hmmm

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

11-01-2019, 12:10 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: WiC not posting the SOTU

hmmm

Only in the SHL would we finally get the much bally-hooed "more transparency" from HO and then complain about who provided the transparency.

If @Slappydoodle had his way while we were in HO, I would have made every HO announcement and not @Eggy216.  This ain't it, chief.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Love the transparency and I agree with most of these changes. Still feeling like the 425 cap is a bit high, but oh well.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

hmmm

I see no issue with this tbh, not sure if you're trolling or actually concerned that an HO member is stepping up to write this out and help the commissioner....

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

11-01-2019, 12:14 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Love the transparency and I agree with most of these changes. Still feeling like the 425 cap is a bit high, but oh well.

completely agree

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Yeah I am still perplexed by the 425 cap and what led to that being the supposed magic number for the SMJHL.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

11-01-2019, 12:13 PMztevans Wrote:

hmmm

Only in the SHL would we finally get the much bally-hooed "more transparency" from HO and then complain about who provided the transparency.

If @Slappydoodle had his way while we were in HO, I would have made every HO announcement and not @Eggy216.  This ain't it, chief.
I can’t believe you took my post seriously Zach

11-01-2019, 12:15 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:

hmmm

I see no issue with this tbh, not sure if you're trolling or actually concerned that an HO member is stepping up to write this out and help the commissioner....
I think you know the answer lol

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2019, 01:06 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

IDK why rookies should be earning even more bonuses from media, We already have the 2x first article bonus. And now with the salary cap people are apparently being paid a lot more than the old standard of 4 million that has worked more than fine for a long time. That takes them through the first season of the most expensive training + a piece of equipment.

I really dont get some of the things in the SMJHL. What is this HO bonus that's included in signings in the J? There's nothing about it in the Budget changes announcement made when the cap was implemented. Is it a pure rookie bonus handed out to every rookie? Why not just put 2 million in their bank when they create an account if that's the case? All it seems to be doing now is inflating the contracts, letting the J GMs pay them more, while having to manage the cap less.

Where is the SMJHL budget page? It's not under the budget subforum or anywhere visible to the public it seems.

That being said, i'm not AGAINST it, i'm just saying theyre already making more than anyone has in the past with the changes made last season. I don't see why they need to make even more on top of that.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

11-01-2019, 12:52 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
11-01-2019, 12:13 PMztevans Wrote: Only in the SHL would we finally get the much bally-hooed "more transparency" from HO and then complain about who provided the transparency.

I can’t believe you took my post seriously Zach

It's hard to tell with all the complaining you do if you're really complaining or just sorta complaining. I'll be on a closer lookout for your reverse lights next time, I guess.

Nikolai Evans

11-01-2019, 01:02 PMztevans Wrote:
11-01-2019, 12:52 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: I can’t believe you took my post seriously Zach

It's hard to tell with all the complaining you do if you're really complaining or just sorta complaining.  I'll be on a closer lookout for your reverse lights next time, I guess.
Aw jeez Zach I guess I’ll stop trying to improve the league, and while I’m at it I’ll also start taking everything super duper seriously and never allow myself to fall victim to facetious attitudes. This post has opened my eyes.

11-01-2019, 12:59 PMスウェグキング Wrote: IDK why rookies should be earning even more bonuses from media, We already have the 2x first article bonus. And now with the salary cap people are apparently being paid a lot more than the old standard of 4 million that has worked more than fine for a long time. That takes them through the first season of the most expensive training + a piece of equipment.

I really dont get some of the things in the SMJHL. What is this HO bonus that's included in signings in the J? There's nothing about it in the Budget changes announcement made when the cap was implemented. Is it a pure rookie bonus handed out to every rookie? Why not just put 2 million in their bank when they create an account if that's the case? All it seems to be doing now is inflating the contracts.

Where is the SMJHL budget page? It's not under the budget subforum or anywhere visible to the public it seems.

Thank you for pointing that out sweg, we overlooked adding a new forum for the smjhl budget. Ill get on that immediately.

As for contracts, most rookies now make less than 4m even with the 2m bonus. The Juniors is about driving activity, that is our first priority. I apologize if there has been miscommunication and it wasn't in the announcement. It is a pure 2m for every player that signs a contract in Js. The budget is complex and interacts directly with SHL now. Feel free to pm me with more questions.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

11-01-2019, 01:06 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
11-01-2019, 01:02 PMztevans Wrote: It's hard to tell with all the complaining you do if you're really complaining or just sorta complaining.  I'll be on a closer lookout for your reverse lights next time, I guess.
Aw jeez Zach I guess I’ll stop trying to improve the league, and while I’m at it I’ll also start taking everything super duper seriously and never allow myself to fall victim to facetious attitudes. This post has opened my eyes.

Take it to DMs if you feel that strongly about it, I'm not going to mud-wrestle with you here. I find it hard to believe writing "WiC not posting the SOTU hmmm" was anyone's genuine idea of improving the league, though.

Nikolai Evans

11-01-2019, 01:07 PMBadWolf Wrote:
11-01-2019, 12:59 PMスウェグキング Wrote: IDK why rookies should be earning even more bonuses from media, We already have the 2x first article bonus. And now with the salary cap people are apparently being paid a lot more than the old standard of 4 million that has worked more than fine for a long time. That takes them through the first season of the most expensive training + a piece of equipment.

I really dont get some of the things in the SMJHL. What is this HO bonus that's included in signings in the J? There's nothing about it in the Budget changes announcement made when the cap was implemented. Is it a pure rookie bonus handed out to every rookie? Why not just put 2 million in their bank when they create an account if that's the case? All it seems to be doing now is inflating the contracts.

Thank you for pointing that out sweg, we overlooked adding a new forum for the smjhl budget. Ill get on that immediately.

As for contracts, most rookies now make less than 4m even with the 2m bonus. The Juniors is about driving activity, that is our first priority. I apologize if there has been miscommunication and it wasn't in the announcement. It is a pure 2m for every player that signs a contract in Js. The budget is complex and interacts directly with SHL now. Feel free to pm me with more questions.

Thanks for clearing that up! :thumbsup:

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]