Create Account

S50 State of the Union

Glad to see the transparency that was talked about being shown.

Outlungus

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

11-01-2019, 01:08 PMztevans Wrote:
11-01-2019, 01:06 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Aw jeez Zach I guess I’ll stop trying to improve the league, and while I’m at it I’ll also start taking everything super duper seriously and never allow myself to fall victim to facetious attitudes. This post has opened my eyes.

Take it to DMs if you feel that strongly about it, I'm not going to mud-wrestle with you here.  I find it hard to believe writing "WiC not posting the SOTU hmmm" was anyone's genuine idea of improving the league, though.
ignoring the second part of my post eh? That’s me being facetious, I really couldn’t give less of a fuck about who posts the State of the Union as long as there is transparency

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Budgets
The SMJHL Budget has now been posted publicly. Thank you @thiefofcheese for the quick work.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

11-01-2019, 01:18 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: ignoring the second part of my post eh? That’s me being facetious, I really couldn’t give less of a fuck about who posts the State of the Union as long as there is transparency

Good luck in the playoffs.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

11-01-2019, 12:59 PMスウェグキング Wrote: Where is the SMJHL budget page? It's not under the budget subforum or anywhere visible to the public it seems.

This was 100% me. I made a new one this year and shared it around the budget group but never posted a completely public one for all to consume. It's up now.

I'll be sure to keep the master one up to date as I make more formula changes over time.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Ilike

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

We need a yuds site emoji @"cpetrella"

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

11-01-2019, 12:59 PMスウェグキング Wrote: IDK why rookies should be earning even more bonuses from media, We already have the 2x first article bonus. And now with the salary cap people are apparently being paid a lot more than the old standard of 4 million that has worked more than fine for a long time. That takes them through the first season of the most expensive training + a piece of equipment.

New-Gens are poor and being poor and not able to afford training and equipment hurts retention and activity. If the SMJHL’s goal is retention of players (which remains to be seen, regardless of what HO says), then this isn’t a good decision.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2019, 11:17 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

11-01-2019, 10:23 PM39alaska39 Wrote:
11-01-2019, 12:59 PMスウェグキング Wrote: IDK why rookies should be earning even more bonuses from media, We already have the 2x first article bonus. And now with the salary cap people are apparently being paid a lot more than the old standard of 4 million that has worked more than fine for a long time. That takes them through the first season of the most expensive training + a piece of equipment.

New-Gens are poor and being poor and not able to afford training and equipment hurts retention and activity. If the SMJHL’s goal is retention of players (which remains to be seen, regardless of what HO says), then this isn’t a good decision.

They really aren't poor though with 3-4 million in the bank to start out. If they quit because of poverty with that money in the J they will definitely quit when they get drafted and "need" to get the 1 million training every week + the 8 mil or so equipment that they "need".

As i said 3-4 million(which still seem to be the standard pay, just that 2 mil is Rookie bonus now) is 6-8 weeks of 500k training, which should be more than enough. And equipment has always been for the people who actually makes an effort to make money, not something that should be a given(though thats pretty much what it seem like today).

I dont think that the majority of people quitting is doing it because they don't get handed everything without making an effort. And if they are expecting to get every single equipment and tpe handed to them for minimum effort then they arent a big loss IMO.

Otherwise we might as well have a flat rate of TPE handed out every week instead of training/equipment.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

11-01-2019, 11:14 PMスウェグキング Wrote: They really aren't poor though with 3-4 million in the bank to start out. If they quit because of poverty with that money in the J they will definitely quit when they get drafted and "need" to get the 1 million training every week + the 8 mil or so equipment that they "need".

As i said 3-4 million(which still seem to be the standard pay, just that 2 mil is Rookie bonus now) is 6-8 weeks of 500k training, which should be more than enough. And equipment has always been for the people who actually makes an effort to make money, not something that should be a given(though thats pretty much what it seem like today).

I dont think that the majority of people quitting is doing it because they don't get handed everything without making an effort. And if they are expecting to get every single equipment and tpe handed to them for minimum effort then they arent a big loss IMO.

Otherwise we might as well have a flat rate of TPE handed out every week instead of training/equipment.

I agree and disagree with this statement personally.

First we all know that 3-4 million is nothing once you've been drafted and won't even pay for your training for the season (assuming you do 1M of course). Equipment is as you said, a bonus for those who want to stand out more, and is an optional purchase. You can succeed without equipment, it just gives you a small boost per season that adds up after a while.

The idea behind the media topic and subsequent cash bonus involved is to generate more content on the site (ie. media) and to get first gens involved, as well as incentivizing (albeit slightly) recreates to generate media as well. My/Our hope is that by having first-gen players get more involved in creating content/media for the site, they can 1. See the bonus (cash) in their account for each topic they hit and 2. Feel more involved in the league, hopefully increasing the retention rate as they dig deeper. I also hope that the small amount (1.5 mil) of money they can max out with on these topics will help bridge a bit of a gap for their first season after they are drafted and allow them to pay for a season's worth of 1M trainings.

Sadly I can't hand out bonus TPE, and even if I could, it would be a bad look for the league, so sadly the only incentivization we can do is for your wallet. There are still a large portion of players that live season to season on what they make and this is meant to help them.

I appreciate the feedback on the topic, and we are still working on implementing it so if you have any more suggestions regarding the topic please let me/us in HO know. We would really like to make this a success and your feedback helps us do just that!

11-01-2019, 09:42 PMSlashACM Wrote: We need a yuds site emoji @"cpetrella"

on god

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

11-02-2019, 06:17 AMInf1d3l Wrote:
11-01-2019, 11:14 PMスウェグキング Wrote: They really aren't poor though with 3-4 million in the bank to start out. If they quit because of poverty with that money in the J they will definitely quit when they get drafted and "need" to get the 1 million training every week + the 8 mil or so equipment that they "need".

I agree and disagree with this statement personally.

First we all know that 3-4 million is nothing once you've been drafted and won't even pay for your training for the season (assuming you do 1M of course).

This isn't an issue until they are drafted by their SHL team. SMJHL rookies can only get 500k training.

Maybe you were talking about further into their careers, but I figured I would just clarify that for the sake of the discussion.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

11-02-2019, 11:15 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
11-02-2019, 06:17 AMInf1d3l Wrote: I agree and disagree with this statement personally.

First we all know that 3-4 million is nothing once you've been drafted and won't even pay for your training for the season (assuming you do 1M of course).

This isn't an issue until they are drafted by their SHL team. SMJHL rookies can only get 500k training.

Maybe you were talking about further into their careers, but I figured I would just clarify that for the sake of the discussion.

Yes I was referring to the first season as an SHL draftee