Create Account

S50 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2019, 09:45 PM by jcfbey01.)

Task 1

Well, lucky for Kristaps Ball he was going to be in Tampa anyways as the star defenseman for the Tampa Bay Barracuda is actually playing in the championship. He will attend all games and gets seats even better than front row seats, he is playing in the game, which most other players in the league have never done in their careers! Kristaps will not waste his opportunity to spend on Eggy's bill, as every season he loves to run up the bill. This season will be on drinks, which is kinda what he does every season but this season its different because he is playing in the cup, so these are celebration drinks! Of course, since I am playing in my first cup I will be getting tickets for all my family from Latvia to come and watch me in the Tampa games, and they will get the best of the best treatment, as whatever they want, I (more like Eggy) will pay for!

Task 2:

It would be weird if Kristaps Ball of the Tampa Bay Barracuda wasn't rooting for the Tampa Bay Barracuda, so he obviously is rooting for the Cuda. They went through a really tough east with great teams such as Buffalo and Toronto, yet they prevailed and made it to the final. They have great talent like Kristaps Ball, Flacko Lagerfield, and Benjamin Blue that will 100% be great for them in the finals. Calgary ain't not slouch though, as they have great players like goalie Kata Vilde and the ageless wonder Mike Izzy. It's going to be a great series, and I would love if the Cuda win!

Task 3:

I think the playoff format is actually really good so far, I love how the seeding works and how it all works, however one change I would make is to make the playoffs a 1 game showcase. The team with the better record gets home ice of course, but make it 1 game to help speed up the playoffs. Teams that don't have to play in the wild card earned the right to skip it, and they shouldn't have to wait days and days for their series. Having the wildcard done in one day helps get the playoffs moving faster and gets the other teams playing quicker. It also creates a lot of hype, anticipation, drama, and more emotions to be shown. A winner take all game for the wild card would be even better if it has a PBP for it, to add to the intensity and drama. I think the 1 game wild card would be a great change, as it works in the MLB playoffs really well and I think it would be just as great for the SHL playoffs.

Task 8:

I would 100% bet on Kristaps Ball to win an award in the future, and even this season! Out of all the awards for him to win, it would easily be the Scott Stevens Award for best defenseman, which he has already won once beforehand. As the number 1 defenseman for the Tampa Bay Barracuda, he gets great playing time on all playing types like 5v5, Power Play, and Penalty Kill, and in the past he has put up excellent numbers. Along with that, he has great teammates to help get him the points needed to get him nominated and in a position to win the Stevens again. So lookout for another Stevens for Ball!

Task 14:

As much as I love my goalie Benjamin Blue for the Tampa Bay Barracuda, goalie Kata Vilde for the Calgary Dragons played an amazing series and really helped backstop the Dragons to the cup after being down 3 games to none in the series. While he had a really bad first two games of the series, allowing lots of goals to the Tampa Bay Barracuda, he really stepped it up in the games afterwards. If it wasn't for his immaculate play and saves, there is no way the Dragons even get to a game 7, let alone win it, which is why he is my vote for MVP.

Task 13:

A:

While I love my fellow Tampa Bay Barracuda teammate Gunnar Soderberg, Mike Izzy of the Calgary Dragons has a ton of playoff experience that you will struggle to find anywhere else in the league, and I think he will continue to be red hot through these finals. Gunnar may also be, but Izzy has the playoff experience that makes me side with him.

B:

Kata Vilde of the Calgary Dragons and Benjamin Blue of my Tampa Bay Barracuda are probably the top 2 goalies in the league currently, which is funny as they are from the same draft class, but I feel Blue and the Barracuda have the advantage in net as Blue has been better for longer, winning more awards than Vilde has in the past and is known to be a brick wall in the playoffs, so I will side with the Cuda having the advantage in net in the finals.

C:

While both teams have the talent to make it really high scoring, they also have great defensive talent and talent in goal to keep it low scoring, so I feel it will be a mix of the two. The two teams seem to be really evenly matched on paper, so I don't think any team will run away with the series and I expect all games to be close, whether it be close high scoring or a close low scoring game.

D:

My favorite player name in this series comes from the great Tampa Bay Barracuda and it is also my player, Kristaps Ball. I love the mix between a Latvian name, where Kristaps is from and represents in IIHF, and an American last name, Ball, that was taken from the Ball family starring the great Lavar. It's a great mix and I love it, which is why it's my favorite name.

E:

Jepox, JSS, you know I love you both, but I will never pass down an offer of cookies, even if it is from the opponent. While this may be my stomach talking as I am currently starving, cookies are always practically impossible to turn down unless they are oatmeal raisin cookies, fuck those. But I will always love and choose cookies.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 03:27 AM by Kylrad.)

2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)
After a slow start to the regular season, the Dragons have surged of late and have rallied around the #CalgaWe notion of togetherness. On the other side, the Barracuda battled through a difficult East and are led by a very strong young core. Which team are you personally rooting for to take home the Challenge Cup and why?

Coming into this series I was cheering for Calgary, but if that's actually their slogan I might have to reconsider, I hope that t's not their slogan. Even if it was their slogan I'd probably still be cheering for Calgary anyways as they have more members and management that I like and would prefer to see them win even if it meant that Chico Smeb would be carried to a cup as he has been for most of his hockey career even as a young kid. But it's ok as I'd be happy for the rest of Calgary and could just claim credit for all Smeb related cups anyways.

4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S50 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in this reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

There are many alternate realities  where different players and different team can see very different levels of success and failure especially in the world that is the Simon T Hockey Simulator. In this alternate reality the Chicago Syndicate don't suck for some reason and continue their dominance that they showcase in preseasons over the east. Meanwhile in the west New Orleans continues to be one of the best teams as they have been since their inception into the league. In this reality Chicago makes it all the way to the finals probably beating up some team like Manhattan in round one and then Buffalo in the conference finals. In the west New Orleans probably beats like Edmonton and Calgary since for once they don't get screwed over. This leads to a fun finals between the two sister expansion teams that Chicago wins somehow since now New Orleans goes back to underperforming.

7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
As competition ramps up for the playoffs, players (both those still in and those eliminated) work extra hard to improve areas of their game that are lacking. What one area of your game do you really needs to focus on improving and how will this benefit the team?

Daniel Smeb is a pretty amazing and talented player who is mostly being held back by his team, teammates and gms. But if there was somethings that he had to improve on number one would have to be his faceoffs. All throughout his career including in the SMJHL he has struggled with faceoffs. While he may no longer be losing every single faceoffs and putting up 35% face off win rates he's still slightly below 50 and would like to get above that mark for the next and future seasons. The next thing Daniel would work on would be his shot. He's already a very talented passer and one of the best in the league. But seeing as his team needs to score some more goals its time he makes his shot one of the best in the league so he no longer has to rely on others and can do everything himself.

13. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

A. Each team enters these finals with a red hot superstar - longtime league legend Mike Izzy for Calgary and surprise breakout star Gunnar Soderberg for Tampa Bay. Which of these players will have a more dominant finals?

Gunnar Soderberg has had a great season and has a bright future career ahead of him but in the finals i'll have to give the edge to Mike Izzy as he's been a consistent dominant force for seasons now and has plenty of playoffs and finals experiences compared to Soderberg

B. Kata Vilde and Benjamin Blue are two of the best goaltenders in the league - which team has the advantage in net?

Kata Vilde has the advantage in net in this series in my opinion, while I think Benjamin Blue has higher highs and high potential he also has lower lows wow Vilde has been a model of consistency and is also on form in these playoffs so far and a big reason for Calgarys domination through the west.

C. Do you expect this to be a high-scoring series or a low-scoring series? A mix? Do you think it'll be competitive or will one team run away with it?

I'm not sure, I view Calgary as more of a low scoring defensive team and Tampa as a high scoring team so it should be an interesting match up and clash of styles. I'd expect a mix of high scoring and low scoring games in the series as well as a competitive series that could go either way.

D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)

My favorite player name on either team is Chico Smeb. The name Chico isn't anything special, kinda weird but not that bad, but the main reason it's my favorite name is because of the last name Smeb, a legendary name of a legendary family and even if Chico is the most disappointing Smeb, he's still a Smeb

E. If you could choose any one of the following four options, which would you pick? 1. A chicken parm sandwich from Esa 2. A tray of cookies from c00kies 3. A custom feet pic from JSS 4. An hour long stick and puck session with Jepox

Easily a chicken parm sandwich, chicken parms are amazing and im sure one from Esa would be even better. cookies are good but not as good as chicken parms and not sure why i'd want a custom feet pic from JSS although it probably wouldnt be hard to find one compared to a chicken parm from esa

15. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)
pmed

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 06:34 PM by pazuzu15.)

PBE PT  3 TPE      Username is Pazuzu in PBE

Code:
Written 1.  3 TPE

Hm if I had the choice to go to Calgary or Tampa Bay, I would probably have to pick the games in Calgary this season. First off, it is games 3 and 4, so it is a possibility I can see someone lift the cup if they sweep which would be awesome. I have only been to Canada once, and that was Ottawa so it would be fun to go to somewhere different, and Tampa Bay probably is not much different compared to Los Angeles, and I need somewhere to relax. Plus, I hear you can have a blast up there any time of the year. The Bow river is a lot of fun, at least that is what I heard going ice skating during the winter and tubbing/swimming during the summer. Some of Calgary players also mentioned that St. Patrick’s Island is a fun place to go to relax and hang out for the day.  When I am not going to the games I plan on relaxing the rest of the trip.

Code:
Written 4.  3 TPE

I am not sure if it was the drugs I took or if this actually happened but I had a “dream” Los Angeles won the Challenge Cup. It was absolutely amazing, and a little too vivid in my mind. It started on the last day of the season, winner advances to the playoffs, and it was Los Angeles vs New Orleans.  It was tied in under 2 minutes and I scored the game winning goal to secure a wild card spot for us.  That momentum carried through the playoffs, beating the Jets in the first round in 5 games, then beating Calgary in a close 2nd round matchup in 6 games.  Leaving us to play our interstate rivals the Pride, who we swept to go to the finals. 

In the finals we faced off against Toronto in a hard-fought series. Another 7-game series, and we were able to end our run on a huge win in front of our home crowd. I do not remember who scored the goal but then I woke up. It felt so real to me though, oh well.

Code:
Written 7.  3 TPE

Well there is a lot that I can still improve on in my game. Currently I am still playing for the Kelowna Knights, but hope to break the first team in Los Angeles some day soon. Early on in my career I have been focusing on being a team player with my passing and defense, which I can tell has improved since when I first joined. But being a winger there is always going to be some people who say I do not score enough, or enough of a presence on the ice. So, I am going to bite the bullet and work on that, my shooting and physicality on the ice. I do not think being physical would be much more of a trouble for me, shooting is definitely going to be harder for me to work on. Whenever I get the puck my first thought is to always pass it. Now I need to analyze the situation quickly and see if shooting or passing would be the best options. Welp here goes nothing.

[Image: szY1Nbi.png]
[Image: vwglei8.png]
Left Winger - Gylfi Eriksson
Update Page  ====  Player Page
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2019, 09:56 PM by JT3.)

Task 1 - 3 TPE
It seems like these ‘choose which city you’d go to questions’ are always one-sided. Of course I would go to Tampa Bay, Calgary is alright but when you can choose between Calgary and going to nice sunny Florida, why would you choose Calgary? And I don’t want front row seats, I want to be in a luxury suite right at center ice obviously. Eggy is paying for it anyways, gotta take advantage of that private chef and free booze. Pre-game I would hit up the best steakhouse in town and pig out on a nice steak. After the game I’d probably be hitting some of the pubs and bars (not a big fan of clubs personally – Toner grew outta that). And I would spend the days off lounging on the beach, relaxing and having some drinks. Since I only finished playing hockey a few weeks back I’m still in recovery mode and not working out, so it’s all about relaxation.

Task 4 - 3 TPE
In my ideal alternate reality, the Panthers don’t lose to Calgary in the wildcard. We freaking sweep them in the wildcard, and then move on to demolish the remaining western teams. Beating Calgary, followed by the Pride and then the Spectres would have been a lot of fun. I don’t really care who advances to the finals from the East, we don’t really have any rivals over there that I would want to beat, but in my alternate reality we would beat them in game 7 of overtime. Obviously a sweep would be cool, but I don’t think anything could top winning a cup in overtime of a game 7. Picard would score the winning goal, as the longest tenured member of the team outside of Evgueni Marmeladov, and Marmeladov would be the first to receive the cup despite mostly losing the job to Booth. Phillip Winter would be playoff MVP due to scoring a zillion goals throughout the playoffs.

Task 13 - 5 TPE
A. Each team enters these finals with a red hot superstar - longtime league legend Mike Izzy for Calgary and surprise breakout star Gunnar Soderberg for Tampa Bay. Which of these players will have a more dominant finals?
Soderberg is a good player, but have to tip the hat to Mike Izzy here. Izzy has been through plenty of playoff runs and has a few cups to his name already. He knows what it takes to win and plays a hard game that always translates well to playoff hockey.

B. Kata Vilde and Benjamin Blue are two of the best goaltenders in the league - which team has the advantage in net?
This is a tough one, both are great goalies with plenty of experience who can steal a game for their team on any given night. But I think I have to give the edge to Benjamin Blue. He’s strung together an excellent few seasons with Tampa Bay, winning top goalie awards and being in contention for league MVP.

C. Do you expect this to be a high-scoring series or a low-scoring series? A mix? Do you think it'll be competitive or will one team run away with it?
I didn’t think that it would be a blowout, but I was expecting Calgary in to take the win in 5 or 6 games. When Tampa came out and one the first 3 games I was pretty shocked, but honestly I wasn’t shocked to see Calgary come back from three games down.

D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)
Honestly most of the names between both teams are fairly normal, there aren’t really too many funny or meme names. I like both Clifton Outlaw as well as Otis B. Driftwood, both seem like pretty tough names. Esa Parmborg is ok too purely for the “parm”. While I dislike Calgary – I do like chicken parm.

E. If you could choose any one of the following four options, which would you pick? 1. A chicken parm sandwich from Esa 2. A tray of cookies from c00kies 3. A custom feet pic from JSS 4. An hour long stick and puck session with Jepox
Again as mentioned – even though I have a strong dislike for Calgary due to them being so damn good all the time, I do have a strong appreciation for chicken parm. So I’d probably go with the parm from Esa. He has such an obsession for them that I expect a chicken parm sandwich from him would be pretty damn good.

Task 14 - 2 TPE
Typically I subscribe to the idea that the MVP should come from the cup winning team, and I’m sticking with it this go around. Kristaps Ball had a historic first two games, putting up 8 assists, but really crumbled in games afterward. This leaves, in my eyes, Mike Izzy, Shooter McGavin, and Otis B. Driftwood from the Dragons. But I think I have to go with big Otis. 8 points in 7 games from the back end while being an absolute rock and workhorse on defense, with a very physical and intimidating game to boot. He gets my series MVP.

Task 15 - 3 TPE
Sent to PT Director

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Tampa or Games 3 and 4 in Calgary? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (This is the same prompt as last year but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season)

I've been selected as a VIP, no surprise here considering I had to turn it down last season. I thought about it (not too much, but still) and I've chosen to go to Tampa, mainly because I feel that I will be able to spend more money in Tampa over Calgary, and if I'm not the one paying for it, I'm all about it. I don't really know much about what there is to do in Tampa, but I'm sure it's infinitely more than what there is to do in Calgary. I'm sure I'll watch the games with some of my teammates, Zheng and Stammer for sure. Besides that, the boys will likely just hit the town, perhaps eat some sushi together. Honestly knowing me, I'll get paid by the league to hook me up with the first two games and then finesse some sponsors into paying me for games 3 and 4. 

Code:
After a slow start to the regular season, the Dragons have surged of late and have rallied around the #CalgaWe notion of togetherness. On the other side, the Barracuda battled through a difficult East and are led by a very strong young core. Which team are you personally rooting for to take home the Challenge Cup and why?

Personally, I'm rooting for Calgary in this series. Mike Izzy is a fierce competitor, past the peak of his career, but still a formidable opponent. I'm wishing him the best and it would be great to see him get another finals win. Besides him, I've got a few old Kelowna teammates on both Calgary and Tampa Bay, so honestly it would be nice to see any of them get the dub. I think Calgary makes it out on top in the end, however, as they have many players with extensive playoffs experience. Tampa has a very strong young core, but although strong, they are still inexperienced. 

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Are there any changes to the playoff format you'd like to see implemented? More wild cards? Move to a single-elimination to bring about even more chaos? 999-game series to minimize chaos? Be creative!

In terms of changes to the playoffs format, here is one that will really blow your mind. Instead of selecting which teams make the finals based on their performance throughout the playoffs, just always select a team that I'm a part of. For the time being it the New England Wolfpack, but I'm open to tampering. Another rule change should be that I'm always allowed to switch teams for the duration of the playoffs, collect my dub, and then go back to my original team. Seems super fair, right? Ok, last one and this one is series. Anytime New England are in a series, they move on when they get to 4 wins, but the opposing team never moves on regardless of how ever many wins they get. Just checked my words and I am still not yet at one hundred and fifty words, wow this is brutal. Playoffs hockey should feature grass as a playing surface but you still have to play on ice skates. You can only speed walk around, no gliding happening on my watch.

Code:
As competition ramps up for the playoffs, players (both those still in and those eliminated) work extra hard to improve areas of their game that are lacking. What one area of your game do you really needs to focus on improving and how will this benefit the team?

Well I am always grinding, working as hard as I can to improve not just one but all areas of my game. I have maxed my scoring and my puck handling and skating are up there as well. Right now what I am working on the most is my defensive game. Fellow New England teammate Stammer has been really instrumental in the process, advising all of us in the locker room what we should be focusing on and helping us get to it the fastest. Once I max my defensive ability, I should be able to convince both myself and my teammates that I am not just a one dimensional player. Not only will I be leading the team in goals, despite not being on the first line. I am gonna start blocking some shots or something too. Not break down my body, but still make a defensive impact on the team. Let's see how it goes.

Code:
14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Congrats to the Calgary Dragons, game 7, wow was it ever close. Love the arena and I also love the colours and I also love the stadium name (the new one, not so much the old one). Glad they managed to pull through with the win. If I had to pick a winner for MVP, it would most likely be Mike Izzy, mainly because I didn't pay attention to literally any of the games in the entire playoffs this season and I like him. Great career for a great man, and it is nice to see him winner another challenge cup. Cannot wait for the next season, hopefully New England makes it next year.

Code:
15. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)
A. As defined by draft class, who is the oldest player in this series?
B. What is the name of the Calgary Dragons' Arena?
C. Name 3 previous names of the Tampa Bay Barracuda franchise
D. From these two teams, which player had the most PIMs in the S50 regular season? (Look, I'll even give you a link to the index right below this code box. When I posted the link directly, it auto-corrected the colon + slash into a partial frown face; it looks funny and the link still works so i'm leaving it)

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S50 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

SENT

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

2. (2)
I'd prefer to see Tampa Bay win the challenge cup than Calgary. Calgary has won a lot of cups, Tampa Bay has not. Finally winning one would be a huge way to cement the franchise in their new home of Tampa, as well as truly turn the corner on their disastrous time about 10 seasons ago underneath GMs who simply weren't up to the job and who caused a lot of embarrassment for the team. Plus, JSS was a Buffalo stud prospect and only left because he was offered the GM job, so there's a connection to my own team there. Go get it, JSS.

3. (3)
There's all sorts of ways to mess with the playoff format, but having 5 teams makes it all fundamentally awkward. The system of the top team from each division automatically getting a spot with 3 conference wildcards is probably the fairest option without simply dissolving the divisions in favour of conferences, and we want those divisions- they promote rivalries. However, if I was going to mess with the playoffs, I'd introduce the disgusting monstrosity that is the SANFL playoff format. It goes like this,

Week One,
Game A: 2 v 3.
Game B: 4 v 5.
Loser of Game B is eliminated.

Week Two,
Game C: 1 v Winner of Game A
Game D: Loser of Game A v Winner of Game B
Loser of Game D is eliminated.

Week Three,
Game E: Loser of Game C v Winner of Game D
Loser of Game E is eliminated.

Week Four (Final),
Game F: Winner of Game C v Winner of Game E.
Winner of Game F is Champion.

This would help to ensure that absolutely nobody understands the SHL finals format. These series would remain 7 games and the Winners of "Game F" in each Conference would play for the Challenge Cup. To save time and ensure it all happened quickly, we'd either figure out how to introduce variable series start times, eliminate breaks between rounds, and bin play by plays, which stink.

4. (3)
It's kind of hard to top the reality that actually happened- a reverse sweep is the most ridiculous and unlikely possible result. Any alternative reality, therefore, will simply be a more boring version of what actually happened. In my alternative reality, therefore, everything happens the same way it already happened through games 1 and 3, and then in game 4, Flacko Lagerfield scores a hat trick, including a game winning overtime goal. Benjamin Blue is pulled after the last goal he lets in and is replaced by Emiko Spector (who I have never heard of), who stops 25 shots in 12 minutes and gives Tampa Bay the chance to win. Alternatively, these things could happen in game 5, in which Tampa Bay would therefore still win. Or perhaps game 6. Even game 7 would have been acceptable. Why did Tampa blow it? We're going to have to rib them about this forever. Literally forever.

6. (3)
The best player in my memory that never made the Challenge Cup finals (or at least, never won a cup) would be Ben Dover. Recently retired, Ben Dover was a long term fixture of a Hamilton team that sometimes had it, and sometimes didn't, but never managed to put it all together. Dover sat through multiple failed rebuilds, giving his all at all times, and apparently never once considered asking for a trade for a chance at personal glory. While not always specifically playing as a defenceman, at 700 points, he's got the 4th most points of all time of any defenceman, and the worst that could happen to that number in the next season is to be bumped down to 5th. Most other people who made it as high as 700 points won cups, or at least made it to a cup final or two- but Ben Dover never got there once.

13. (2)
A. Mike Izzy will almost certainly have the better series than Gunnar Soderberg. Izzy has been there before and won't have any of the nerves or pressure that Soderberg has. In addition, Izzy is also widely regarded as the better player anyway. This comparison would have been more fair if it was Izzy vs Lagerfield, but even then, I'd probably still pick Izzy.
E. I'd probably pick the chicken parm sandwich. That's not how I usually enjoy my parmigiana- down here, they're just a big old schnitzel with parmigiana toppings served on a bed of hot chips. Only place where you can get a chicken parm "sandwich" in Australia is at Subway, and Subway is rubbish.

15. (3)
PM'd to PT Director.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Tampa or Games 3 and 4 in Calgary? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (This is the same prompt as last year but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season)
Well, both of these cities I’ve never been to before and really have no knowledge of. I’ve been to Florida before and the weather seems more suitable there so I’d probably choose Tampa. Looking at a map, Tampa seems to be on the water so I’d probably look to get day drunk and chill on the beach. I’m definitely going to pass out on a lounge chair or towel and get cooked in the sun. Worth it. I’m doing absolutely no research on this and going in blind, but I assume since it’s a Florida city on the water that the nightlife is very similar to that of Miami’s which is fucking amazing. So at night I’d take Eggy’s credit card, because I’m poor as fuck, and hit the clubs. Bottle service, drugs, hookers. You know, the usual for a night out. Only I’m not going into debt to fund my terrible habits.

I’m really not partial to either team and would rather just root for a close series. If I had to choose a side, I guess I’d say Tampa Bay. They battled through a really tough Eastern Conference and their young core is stellar. It’s kind of the model to follow in terms of growing players through the farm system and establishing a core that can carry the team for seasons to come. But like I said. A close series is all that I want. There’s nothing worse than having a lopsided championship series, regardless of the sport. It’s always fun to watch the top teams of each year compete and challenge each other to push how good they really can be. 

Are there any changes to the playoff format you'd like to see implemented? More wild cards? Move to a single-elimination to bring about even more chaos? 999-game series to minimize chaos? Be creative!
How about round robin? That would be interesting. We could do it with a round robin beginning stage for the two conferences where the top few teams make it out into the group stage. In the group stage, they’d be matched up dependent on where they finished in the round robin. We could even include double elimination in the group stage too, although that may be too much chaos to be honest. Then group stage would become basically normal playoffs with a 7 game series leading up from each conference to the cup series. So really, I guess the only difference would be instead of the top teams getting a bye, we’d have a cool round robin tournament with a bunch of games. This would lead to more hockey and some match ups that we may not have otherwise seen. It also helps lower seeds to make it through as they’re not pitted against the top seed.

Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S50 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in this reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?
In this reality, Chicago actually made the playoffs and came into the first round as the hottest team in the SHL. Both in looks and hockey capabilities. They were obviously led by none other than Cameron Carter II who literally carried the team on his back. No really. He would pick rookie Lallo Selman up and skate with him all over the ice with him on his back. Two sticks in one spot could really dig the pucks out of corners well and Carter’s hits became that much more punishing with the extra added weight. Carter dragged the Syndicate kicking and screaming to the challenge cup while putting up an all-time SHL record for goals scored and points. He scored every goal for the Syndicate in the cup series along with the game 7 series deciding over time winner. He proceeded to emphatically and repeatedly gesture to his ball sack after scoring. I like that reality better.

Well, being in the SMJHL and getting called up this year will be a big step for me. This past year in the SMJHL I was able to average about a point per game which is definitely going to change at the next level. I think one of the most important things at the next level, isn’t being able to score but in fact the complete opposite. It’s how sound you are in your own end. If you can be called on by your coach without being a liability for the team, that’s key. With that being said, defense and positioning will be two things I’ll focus on this offseason. Hopefully my SHL coach has a few pointers compared to my SMJHL coach to make things a bit easier on the transition. I think another area that could use improvement would be my skating. If you can skate well, everything else becomes a bit easier for you and you can keep your head up in order to facilitate and drive play more effectively. 

D. From these two teams, which player had the most PIMs in the S50 regular season? (Look, I'll even give you a link to the index right below this code box. When I posted the link directly, it auto-corrected the colon + slash into a partial frown face; it looks funny and the link still works so i'm leaving it)

Sent.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

I am 100% going to Tampa Bay, especially around this time of year. The snow in Alberta is absolutely horrible to put it nicely. This time of year, there are lots of tourist in in T Bay especially some hot Canadian women. I’d probably take a trip to Miami in between game days. Check out the shops, the beaches. 100% would go jet skiing or waterboarding. The waves in Florida are unreal to hit and it would certainly be a time and a half. Eggys tab would get me dinner at a 5 star restaurant on the strip of Miami and just might get me a new rolly. During the games, I’ll be pounding back beers and nachos so you can expect at least a good 400.00 on food and beverages. I may even throw some puck lines on for the game just to make it that more interesting. Last, whoever wins game 2, I’ll be partying with them before the road trip back to Calgary. Bottle service on Eggy.
170 words.

Personally, I want Calgary to win. Lots of history there and I’m all for Esa bringing home more cups. I know everyone wants to root for the young guys/ new kids on the block so to speak, but it would be great to see a Vet team to really show them it takes more then skill to win these games. I am all on board with the Dragon train here but it should be an exciting series nonetheless. I have a feeling it could go the distance but it wouldn’t shock me if the series went to only 5 games either.
101 words

I think it’s tough for me to mess with tradition. The hard thing here is, the sim engine can be completely unpredictable and weirdly sometimes a change in goaltending can completely change a series. It would be cool to see like 20 game series where 5 games are simmed at a time. This would eliminate the “luck” factor. Another thing I am all for that some may not be, is we should turn injuries on during playoffs. Force GMs to be creative and not just run 1-2-2 strategies or 0-0-5 etc. Playoffs is a time for GMs to really show they know what they are doing so having injuries forces them to think on their feet, mix and match lines while also trying to match the depth of other playoff contenders. Another thing we can add is back up goalies have to play minimum 1 game. This forces GMs to strategically place their back up goalie in a game. Keep GMs on their toes and really forcing them to prove they know what they are doing.
176 words

In this alternate reality there are no conferences. Each team plays out the season equally with no weight on conference or division. Playoff teams 1-7 make playoffs while teams who finished in the 8th and 9th seed must compete for the final 8th seed and ultimately clinching the playoffs to face the #1 seed. In this alternate reality we have two teams with lots of history versus one another. The Toronto North Stars who some still deemed as cursed facing off against the West Kendall Platoon. Both had miracle seasons and both finished top 1 and 2 in the standings in this alternate universe. Again, typically we would not see two modern east teams playing one another in a finals but it brings back some rivalry to the game. More often then not we see East and West teams facing each other in the finals with no hate. Eliminating the conferences has kept heated rivalries lasting and has certainly drove up Eggys revenue of the league as fans tend to care more when they hate the opposition. Ultimately Toronto beats Platoon in 6 for the cup.
186 words.

5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Due to some controversial calls during the playoffs, the league is looking at updating the current rules(icing, offside, etc) What new rule or change to a room would you implement to better the game?

I would definitely bring back touch icing. We want more battles for the puck and honestly, this is fake so concussions do not exist. Eliminating off sides would be interesting but it would create more penalties I feel as lots of players would be cheating in the own zone. Definitely makes players think more and could raise up the scoring in the league but again, I can see the flip side where lots of penalties may override and cause more issues.
For overtime I would like to see 3 on 3 over time for the entirety of a period. Could do something where Overtime 1 is 3 on 3, overtime 2 is 4 on 4 and so on and so forth. I think this would bring even more excitement to an overtime period and would really be crazy especially in a playoff setting where the game is already high intensity.
150 words

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Who's the best player that you have witnessed in the SHL never to make it to the Challenge Cup finals? Or what player that hasn't made it to the finals is most deserving and why? Were they close? Was theirs a story of hearbreak? Is there still hope in the future? (150+ words)

100% will have to go with Mikhail Lokitonov. The guy is just a stud on and off the ice. He has so many great individual awards and also is always a highlight reel pack on a nightly basis. For the past few seasons including this one, he has also been a top fantasy choice for a number of users around the league. I really hope he can have one shot at a Challenge Cup. Trying to carry the weight of a whole north stars team can be super daunting though. I know for myself, when we won in Toronto, we had a pretty young core that came together and were able to be competitive for a few good seasons. I think out of anyone though, Loki deserves to have a chance for the Cup. Would be exciting to see what he can do with everyone watching. He’s a great player and if it’s not in Toronto, I’d hope he get a chance elsewhere. 164 words

Right now I have reached the peak of my junior career. I am hoping to lead the way for Kelowna to be right back on top. We were one game away last season from winning the 4 Star so having a cup less junior career would be really sad. Now with the rule changes, I can add a bit more skill to my player and maybe be even more of a complete player. For AB2 I know he wants a chance at finally get 1st line minutes and also having a chance at breaking a scoring title. He didn’t really get that last season, but I also feel the tough love made him a better player in his own defensive end. He has a complete SHL shot now and has put on roughly 15 pounds over the summer so he can really do some damage on some lines. His size and strength are his biggest assets so sticking to that type of game would help him reach the goals in which he is trying to hit, but ultimately the 4 star is the goal.

184 words

8. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)
Which player from Calgary or Tampa Bay would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

When you look at Calgary, I think 3 players stand out to me. You obviously think of guys like Driftwood, Izzy and Pedersen, but I think the future of Calgary will be Kennedy Jr and Parmborg. Both still young and exceptional. If I had to put money, I’d say Kennedy may be a strong case of winning a future Scott Stevens Trophy potentially even a Sarmad Khan award which would be a huge achievement. I think Kennedy’s overall progression so early has just showed that he can compete and will get even better. I’m expecting to have an even bigger season, next season.
103 words

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Code:

As an Alberta native and having been to Calgary many times, Ryan Shepard chooses to visit Florida. Until the SMJHL team relocated to Carolina this past season, he had never been that far east in the US. For a hotel, he chooses the Hilton in downtown Tampa and gets the penthouse suite with a pool. He invites his teammate Andrey Barbashev II, and old teammate Raquel Guiterrez to go see the games with him and hang out for a few days in their off season. Unfortunately with them all being underage in the United States, they can't do anything overly exciting. To run up Eggy's tab they visit the finest dining Tampa has to offer, going to a different five star restaurant for each meal. Before this, Shepard had never eaten a dinner with courses but is finally able to experience it. He doesn't know how he'll go back to his 6000 calorie a day workout diet after this vacation.

Code:

Am I allowed to say I was rooting for both teams? As a Knight player, this is one of the few matchups that I equally want both teams to win. Calgary has Barry Batsbak who is still helping with the Knights lineup, and send down Prince Devitt who I got the pleasure of playing with for two seasons. Tampa has my ex CoGM Nicklaus Klaus, and his pal Nolan Sawchuk who's active in our discord. They also have our old captain, Gunnar Soderberg, and a big player in the Canadian international scene Matt Kholin. I suppose typing this out, I know more people personally on Tampa but I would be happy with either team winning.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Who's the best player that you have witnessed in the SHL never to make it to the Challenge Cup finals? Or what player that hasn't made it to the finals is most deserving and why? Were they close? Was theirs a story of hearbreak? Is there still hope in the future? (150+ words)

The best player I’ve witnessed in the SHL that’s never made it to the Challenge Cup finals is the one and only Cameron Carter II. Over the past three seasons he’s managed to keep up a 0.82 point per game pace on a Chicago team without ever having had an elite center to work with. This past season, he was the only player with 200+ shots, 200+ hits, and 20+ shots blocked. He should be in consideration for a Dar nomination, but due to playing on a weaker team his -17 plus/minus will hurt his chances. There is plenty of hope ahead for him to see a deep playoff run into the finals. The Syndicate’s current number one center, Daniel Smeb is getting close to his prime years and will finally give CC2 the chance to show us that he truly can be a ppg player and carry his team to a Challenge Cup. Also once Chicago calls up their elite young S50 prospects, Akira Ren and Ryan Shepard it will usher in an era of consistent postseasons for this still new franchise.

Code:

An area of my game that I really need to focus on is shrugging off hits. Ryan Shepard had 98 hits registered against him this past season, good for 9th most against in the SMJHL. This will help the team due to the fact that with every hit received, the puck becomes loose with a good chance for a turnover. Getting hit less often will increase the team’s overall possession rates, giving them a small increase in offensive zone time. Also as the team’s leading scorer, it’s always better for the puck to be on Shepard’s stick, until he sets someone up for a goal. This offseason Shepard will spend a decent amount of his time devoted to core strengthening exercises, such as balance board training and numerous situps. He is also taking serious consideration into putting a handful of TPE into his strength stat which would directly help this problem, and give him a tiny boost to his faceoffs.

Code:
13. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

D. My favourite player name on either team is Nikolas Klaus. Sadly he did not choose Santa as his render, this was a missed opportunity. Living up to the name of Mr.Klaus, he does however give his team the gift of scoring being one of Tampa’s top scorers. He could not quite gift them a cup though.

E. I would take the hour long stick and puck session with Jepox. It might be a short session, but I think I’d be able to learn a lot from him and get some good tips for my game. With him being a long time veteran I would hope some of his greatness rubs off on me.

Code:

PM'd

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

1) I would stay in Tampa for games one and two. These games will be exciting to watch at night. First, I would find a five star hotel and book the nicest room they have on Eggy’s credit card. This hotel must be in the middle of the city so I can experience everything. Such as dining at a great restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am picking Tampa because it sounds so much more fun than Calgary, lets be honest. After the games the night life in Tampa is something that can not be matched by Calgary so after the games, I plan on going to some night clubs and having some fun. Eggy’s credit card won’t be underutilized that is for sure. To round out the trip I will take a trip to some of the famous historical buildings in Tampa and look at the some of the famous art sculptures.
(3)

2) I am rooting for the Calgary Dragons. From a young age I was always a fan of the Dragons legendary goalie Jesster. He is a hall of famer and I still remember on multiple occasions wearing his jersey as a kid. I am just not a big fan of Tampa; I personally think that they got lucky and shouldn’t be in the cup; they played in a very weak division and got the luck of the draw on who they played in the playoffs. While the Dragons and to fit tooth and nail to make the Challenge Cup. It should be a good series, with Calgary winning in 5.
(2)

3) I would like to see more teams make the playoffs. With the SHL only having 12 teams, why not have every team make the playoff? Why not make the wild card games into an actual series as the sim is so random as it is? The good teams need to be the ones winning, this challenge cup is not a very interesting one and I wish other teams were in it. It is very sad, and the format needs to change. What about double elimination so the good teams get more chances to win how about that. The New Orleans Specters get an automatic bye every season to play the worst team in the next round? What about eggy being the simmer and helping the Specters win. All these options sound great and should be implemented next season. If they aren’t put in next season, I think that they should be put in as soon as possible. (3)

13)
a) Mike Izzy is just the best; I think he will control the series as he did versus the New Orleans Specters. He plays over 22 minutes a game and never seems to be tired. You have to give it to Mr. Izzy. He is the best player in the league and the dragons should be lucky that have him. (1)
b) I think that the Calgary Dragons have the advantage in net. They have the better team defense and with Mike Izzy on the ice the puck will be less in the Dragons zone and more in the Tampa Bay zone which means a lot of goals let up for Tampa’s goalie Benjamin Blue. (1)
E) I would choose a chicken parm sandwich from ESA. He is a very good cook and I would enjoy this chicken parm sandwich from a legend in the making. In 15 seasons I can say that I had a hall of famer make me a sandwich. Esa has a special sauce and I will try and crack the code.

14) The playoff MVP in my opinion is MIKE IZZY, he had a whooping 16 goals in 20 games. This is a legendary number and one of the best playoff performances in SHL history, He was able to average over a point per game in over sixteen playoff games. He was playing over 21 minutes a game and is one of the main reasons why the Calgary Dragons won the challenge cup. Izzy did it all for the dragons. He is on the powerplay, first line 5v5, penalty kill and an important player in overtime as he just eats up minutes and doesn’t seem to lose any speed out there. (2)

15) PM (3)

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 06:37 PM by ErM.)

Wow thank you Eggy! I am going to definitely take him up on the Tampa games 1 and 2. However, my first order of business will be to sell my front row seats and pocket the cash. From there I am going to get the biggest, most expensive villa on the beach that I can find. Tor Tuck is then going to pay some people to survey the streets of Tampa and fill that villa with women. To go with the Villa Tor is also going to need a way to get out on the water and the obvious solution here is to get a big yacht on the SHL’s dime. The only way a yacht is not in this scenario is if Tor Tuck can find a full size pirate ship that is available for rental. Throw in some catering and live music for the villa and the yacht and Tor Tuck will have a heck of a time not making the finals.

While I am not a member of Calganation I am still easily pulling for Calgary in this one. It is a bit hard to call the Calgary Dragons an underdog considering the sheer amount of success they have sustained as a franchise. Even when they do not have the best team in the league once they are in the playoffs I sort of expect them to find some success. However, if there is ever a season where they’re underdogs it is this one. They looked to be out of the running but made a comeback and pushed through some very tough match ups in the playoffs. I am a firm believer of rooting for the team that eliminates your team, at least when it suits my interests to do so….Calgary has some great players and a great leadership team and I am always happy rooting for them to be successful after the type of sportsmanship and attitude they display year after year.

I think the best system to do would be to implement a system where the last place team actually makes the playoffs. I know it could create some interesting scenarios where people start losing on purpose but there is only one position in the east and one in the west for the losers and more of a chance for good teams to make it. The reason I think this would be an interesting option is it would demonstrate just how fickle of a best our league is. There are countless games where the teams on paper that should statistically handily win have lost. Powerhouse teams are over thrown time and time again after historic regular seasons or super teams with great players just do not seem to get the results we expect. Sometimes I think nothing matters and everything is just in the hands of RNjesus and Simon T. I think this would prove to be true once the last place team started taking home championships.

Tor Tuck has been working hard his entire career and it is not really possible for him to work any harder than he did during his prime. However, now that he is getting up there in age the biggest thing he can do to improve and benefit his team is to take care of his aging body. This means he has to be a lot more mindful of his activities the nights before games and he should also probably take a step back and reevaluate what he is eating, drinking, and taking in his day to day activities. Furthermore it would probably be a good idea to a player of Tuck’s age to take a step back from the aggressiveness and fighting that he is known for and do a bit more to protect himself from injury as he loses some of his physical prowess. However, if all of this fails Tor Tuck’s back up plan is to start shooting himself up with some great PEDs that will give him an edge for years to come.

Well I am obviously going to go with the guy who has proven he has what it takes to be a championship time and time again. Mike Izzy has the skills, the track record, and the experience to dominate these playoffs and I think he is going to do so. When the moment is big I am taking a proven winner like Izzy everytime.
I did not even need to reach the other options to choose the first choice in this one. I am going Chicken Parms with the Parm king himself all day. Esa is a saint and slamming down a few chicken parms with the guy would be a real treat. Esa and Tor Tuck together on the town would surely result in a story that would live in SHL lore forever.

15. Sent.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 05:12 AM by ViN.)

Code:
9. Graphics, 3 TPE
Your team is looking to put a new mural outside the locker room. Design what the mural will look like and be sure to represent your team and city!

[Image: 5cOkLPs.png]

Code:
10. Graphic, 2 TPE
Simple and straightforward - make a promotional poster for the S50 CC Finals. Must include at least one player render and the logos and names of both teams. Option A: make a good graphic. Option B: make a shitty graphic. Either will receive TPE.

[Image: KBDKHPE.jpg]

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals

[Image: 5wPyqGR.png]

Code:
15. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.

[Image: 0Qd00v6.png]

Code:

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S50 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

PM Sent

14 TPE

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

3. For the Playoffs, I would redo the Playoffs entirely. Firstly, I would keep the current bracket we have now. However, interspersed with the SHL teams will be the top SMJHL teams. That's right folks: old men versus young kids! Who cares that the confidence of these pipsqueaks will diminish by the second, the sports networks need these ratings, and they need to utilize the materials they have in hand. Having a series like this will boost the ratings beyond what we think is possible.

Next, add a multiplier for hits given and taken. I think we can all agree the playoffs have been turned into a plushfest. Let me tell ya, they don't make Ontario boys like they used to, and now we're at this point. I might not have coached guys like Garbanzo, but let me tell ya, if I had, he would be on the boards like that. With a multiplier, it will return the game to what is should be, player safety be damned.

6 - For me, it is an absolute travesty that Captain Camerononius Carterious The Second, Member of the Syndicatious of the House of Chicagonius has never been to the Challenge Cup Finals. For a person of his caliber, the near chances he's had with being nominated for the Jeff Dar Trophy (those phonies don't deserve the nomination and you know it). I think we all know at this point that it's the team's fault: they simply can't compete with him, and will have incredible difficulty doing so against him once he gets his deserved 10 years, 10 million dollar contract on a more suitable team that can at least follow him more closely (of course, he is unapproachable, as predicted). 

But which team should he pursue the next free agency, you might ask? That's a simple answer. It sure as hell won't be Tampa (Carter did promise to score 4 more hat tricks on them), and it won't be with Chicago. If I had to take a guess, it would be with... Minnesota. Think about it for a second: he could be given all that ice time that their first line gets, and he'll be a LOCK for the Dar. Get to it, Mr. Carter!

13 - 

A. I love my boy Gunnar - hot hands, great shot, and a great voice in the Locker Room. However, it's very much a novice thing to compare a youngn' like Gunnar to a grizzled vet like Mike Izzy, who's pretty much the league's grandpa at this point. More experience pays off, especially when the skill matches it (which it does).

B. Benjamin Blue any day. Vilde is great and will continue to be so, but you can't compete with a two time McBride winner, especially when everything is on the line. This is a good year for Blue, meaning nothing much will stop him from competing at his highest level. Long story short: Ben Blue good.

C. It would be safe to assume this will be a so-so series in terms of scoring. Tampa has proven its worth as an offensive juggernaut, but Calgary's defensive play is nothing to scoff at. It will be mostly close games, but who wins them will end up being another story for sure.

D. It will always be Flacko Lagerfield. Flacko is a great name in itself and is pretty much the defining feature of his name. Its uniqueness is very aparent comparing some of the other names, but nothing beats it. It comes off as a name for a guy who's pretty damn good at what he does.

E. For me... gimmie them feet pics. I need to praise JSS somehow so he doesn't ship my ass the next expansion draft, or worse, for a Reddit 8th, so these feet pictures will be the first step to gaining trust and value for JSS, before he even THINKS about trying to ship me away.

14 - With the Challenge Cup over and done with, it's time to vote on playoff MVPs. For me, this goes to none other than Benjamin Blue. He's been lights out since the beginning, and he's pretty much the only guy who actually tried to keep it competitive in the playoffs. Boasting a 0.920 Save Percentage, he's been keeping it up ever since he got his first McBride a few seasons ago. Now with a 2nd McBride, he's as elite as ever. While Vilde did bring an exeptional performace to the table, Blue still beats him any day in my eyes, no matter the opinions some will have.

16 - Message Sent

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 05:26 PM by bana.)

Quote:VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Tampa or Games 3 and 4 in Calgary? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (This is the same prompt as last year but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season)
Hello out there, we're on the air, it's hockey night tonight! Just no Don Cherry. And now that one of hockey's most iconic, outspoken legends has no been silenced, the focus has turned to another hockey bad boy. Eggy, the leagues commissioner, handed out some VIP statuses for the finals to some of the boys around the league and he's getting in shit for it. Notably, more so for one person than the rest. While the others brought the tab to a massive number as well and could be seen as just as crazy, Fujikawa turned down for what! He boarded the private jet outside his house on the mainstream to fly to Tampa Bay, USA, USA, USA! Rhyme time. Upon the plane, Dan Bilzerian and 23 hot women surrounding him, a kilo of cocaine, some of your other VIP buddies and a poster of Caitlyn Jenner hanging on the cockpit door. It was party time. They arrived in Florida 24 hours early and decided to do a bunch of site seeing while under the intoxication of drugs and beers. Think Charlie Sheen minus the gay sex. They hit up every club. Drank every drop of liquor they could get their hands on. They ended up going to a dealership and rolling out with new Tesla's to show up to the game for. They ended up staying in the Disneyland Castle and shared bunkbeds with goofy, mickey ad donald duck. They show up to the game red carpet style and sign some autographs. They're sitting in the VIP section for the game, AKA beside Will Ferrel and Donald Trump. Good days.

9. Graphics, 3 TPE
Your team is looking to put a new mural outside the locker room. Design what the mural will look like and be sure to represent your team and city!
[Image: fiadPg4.gif]
fyi, thats a TV on the wall/mural Wink

10. Graphic, 2 TPE
Simple and straightforward - make a promotional poster for the S50 CC Finals. Must include at least one player render and the logos and names of both teams. Option A: make a good graphic. Option B: make a shitty graphic. Either will receive TPE.
[Image: MiDq81h.png]

11. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals
[Image: ojwvOwt.jpg]

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

Task 15:
PM Sent

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]