Create Account

S50 Championship Week

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Tampa or Games 3 and 4 in Calgary? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (This is the same prompt as last year but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season)
I think I would go to Tampa just because I want to visit the southern US it would be interesting and Calgary is much more boring. Florida is obviously a bit of a meme on the internet so I want to see if that's how it really is in real life. If we are in Florida I would go to theme parks and make Eggy pay for it. Disney World? Yes, going there to ride all the rides and have an experience. There are other theme parks in Orlando too that I could go for without any expenses. Like Sea World, Animal Kingdom. And of course I will raid the local restaurants while I'm there I hear they have very good food. It doesn't matter if they are a bit of a drive away from Tampa because Eggy will pay for my Uber. And then I'll reserve seats right behind the home team's net on the glass that will be a great view, the best in the house and sitting so close that you're practically right there.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Are there any changes to the playoff format you'd like to see implemented? More wild cards? Move to a single-elimination to bring about even more chaos? 999-game series to minimize chaos? Be creative!
I would like to see a best of 101 series, so like the first to 50 wins move on, in the finals. Wouldn't that be insane? Just imagine you could have a series that's like 43-31, it would actually take forever though so you'd have to sim in bunches. It would just be fun to experiment with series length because over time the better team is more likely to win and it's less of a roll of the dice. Of course you could have like a mercy rule policy with this though, like if a team gets over a 15 game margin they automatically win the series. That way you wouldn't have to play out a brutal 50-0 sweep for instance. There would be time in closer series for momentum to shift and the tide to turn which could make for some crazy exciting finishes and and would add a lot to the current system. Playoffs are kinda boring now so it's time to spice it up.

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
As competition ramps up for the playoffs, players (both those still in and those eliminated) work extra hard to improve areas of their game that are lacking. What one area of your game do you really needs to focus on improving and how will this benefit the team?
I need to work on my scoring because for an offensive defenseman I'm really not getting a lot of goals or points. I need to have a harder shot and overall just do more. It'll help my team obviously by adding more goals which can be the difference between winning and losing a game. You always want scoring from the blue line to support the forwards. Also when I'm taking shots in the other team's end, that means we are on the attack and the other team isn't peppering our own goalie. So it helps with momentum and keeping them out of our zone. The more time we spend in their zone the better results we get and the more I'm doing my job. Maybe if I can get my scoring u I can get myself on a power play unit which will bring up my points even more and let me show what I'm really capable of. I'm almost to a high level so I just need to improve that area a little bit and then get the results.

Code:
13. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
A. Each team enters these finals with a red hot superstar - longtime league legend Mike Izzy for Calgary and surprise breakout star Gunnar Soderberg for Tampa Bay. Which of these players will have a more dominant finals?

B. Kata Vilde and Benjamin Blue are two of the best goaltenders in the league - which team has the advantage in net?

C. Do you expect this to be a high-scoring series or a low-scoring series? A mix? Do you think it'll be competitive or will one team run away with it?

D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)

E. If you could choose any one of the following four options, which would you pick? 1. A chicken parm sandwich from Esa 2. A tray of cookies from c00kies 3. A custom feet pic from JSS 4. An hour long stick and puck session with Jepox
A. I think Mike Izzy will have the more dominant finals because he is a veteran and is known to score a lot of goals. Soderberg is younger and can still learn a lot, Izzy just has the experience and that should be a major advantage for him to not waver under pressure and be consistent.
B. I think Kata Vilde has the advantage for Calgary because while save percentages are similar, Vilde knows how to get the wins and has the best timing. Vilde is just very strong and doesn't let in a lot of goals, can even chip in with shutouts and just completely outmatch the other team's offense.
C. It seems like it should be a low scoring series because they have two good goalies who make saves and are consistent, doesn't matter about the firepower when you have two stars in goal. I think Calgary just outmatches Tampa in every way though so it won't be that competitive, the Dragons seem like they should win the cup easily without much of a struggle on paper.
D. My favorite player name is Dragons goalie Kata Vilde, it just sounds very unique. There's a nice ring to it, great cadence. Also it's a Swedish name and as a Swedish player myself I love to see players from our country representing with authentic Swedish names. It shows a lot of national pride and that's a great thing to see.
E. I would take a chicken parm sandwich from Esa, that sounds amazing. Italian food is actually the best and the chicken parm dish particularly is savory and just tastes great every time. The other stuff except the cookies sounds pretty boring, but I don't even care about cookies that much so it is a no brainer.

Code:
14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.
I think that you have to give it to the winning goalie because they are the ones who have to make the big saves and carry their team. You really can't win a cup without a good netminder. So that's why I give it to Calgary's Kata Vilde who played really great in all the series. Vilde finished with a .920 save percentage which was tied for the lead of all goalies and was almost perfect only losing 4 games over the whole playoffs. Talk about being a brick wall, Vilde was on fire and deserves the MVP title. Skaters get too much recognition but it is Vilde who is the most worthy, who did all the thankless, meaningful work.

hi
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 05:23 PM by c00kies.)

PT1: Even though I am playing in the Cup Finals, I still got the VIP treatment and was able to give my tickets to people (my cousin and childhood friend) I’m close to, and they wanted to check out Tampa, so that’s where the VIP experience began (and let’s be honest, I’m a VIP in Calgary everyday). So, while in Florida, we went to the Sunken Gardens to view all the greenery, followed by more beautiful scenery at the Salvador Dali Museum, where we took in as much as we could before my cousin almost knocked a painting over. We then started to spice it up and went to Fort De Soto Park, which has breathtaking water and nature all around, and of course we went skinny dipping to cross it off our list of skinny beaches. We then rented a speed boat and zipped around until about 6PM, where we hit up a local bar and eatery. We elected to get boozed up on Eggy’s dollar, and filled up on a whole slew of great- but-not great- for-you food. This was in-between games, and it was perfect for letting myself let loose during the stressful finals.

PT2: As a Dragons player and fan, I’m cheering for the Dragons, but there are reasons aside from biases. The Dragons have taken a lot of heat for the potential use of PEDs by star winger Shooter McGavin, which even though it was found to be a misunderstanding, led to a lot of backlash. Additionally, a few seasons ago they released a new logo, but the logo was already trademarked and unavailable for use in the league, leading to more criticism. Despite these controversies, the team has put together a great team and had a great run this season. The team is a closely knit bunch and I think they deserve it for all the hard work they have put in, especially with these outside locker-room distractions.

PT3: The current playoff system is fine, but I wouldn’t mind having some fun trying a few things. Firstly, split the league into 4 divisions each with 4 teams. Each division winner makes the playoffs, and the next 4 highest non-winners make the playoffs as well. There will be no bye week, and the teams will be seeded by points (top 4 will be the division winners in point order, followed by the 4 wild-cards). The best team in the league will face the worst playoff team, but this could also increase interdivisional rivalries, as teams will play each other outside of the conference/division more often and in more crucial games. The other thing I would try, is having teams have to use their backup goalie a certain amount in the playoffs/each round. For the Finals, it would be just one game, but you would have to play them in the first elimination game or prior to that, so strategy would be used in figuring out when to play the backup. This also is a boost for teams with two great goalies, as they get to utilize that advantage. In the first round, it would be two games by the first four games played. Whereas the other round would be just one game (like the Finals). Now, you can play your backup more in the earlier rounds, and if you play them extra in one round, you won’t have to play them in one of the later rounds, so a team that is up 3-0 might take a chance and play their backup more.

PT5: I think it would be an awesome idea if every goal was reviewed for offside or goaltender interference, but at the same time, only reverse the original call for something obvious (especially offside plays), as having to pause frame by frame to see if a skate was millimetres ahead of the puck or vice versa is a huge waste of time and the benefit from being ever so slightly offside did not lead to or contribute directly to the goal. I would also like it if they put a clock on the effect of being offside after a goal. For example, a team enters the zone offside, but scores a minute later after furious pressure. This goal should not be challengeable or reversed, as the entry did not directly lead to the goal (yes, it is a missed play, but it didn’t directly influence the result, and if it was missed initially, it was likely a bang-bang play). These changes should speed up challenges since we aren’t nitpicking at something for 5-10 minutes, and can lead to better flow.

PT13: D: I love Maui’s name, as it is simple, sounds nice, and most of all, it reminds me of a ppeacful Hawaiian vacation, sipping on pina colada and letting the waves hit my legs (which will come during the off-season, bring your bathing suit). My favorite on the Dragons is Rainbow Dash, as it reminds me of unicorns and happy childhood dreams…I could never get a unicorn for Christmas as a kid, but maybe a trip to Maui would suffice.
E: Definitely wouldn’t go for the parm from Esa, as those don’t exist and the last guy to try and get one from Esa lost an arm and his uvula. My cookies are delicious, but not good for my figure. I could use the feet pick from JSS, especially if I can modify it and get hand pics instead. The reason for this is that I have been harassed on social media for pictures of my hands, and no matter what I do he will not stop (has made several accounts to try and get them). If I could satiate his craving with JSS ugly extremities, perhaps he would leave me alone or stop his fetish altogether.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 09:14 PM by LarksTongue.)

Code:
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Tampa or Games 3 and 4 in Calgary? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (This is the same prompt as last year but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season)

As much as I would love to visit Calgary I would prefer to go to games 1 and 2 in Tampa Bay during the colder months like many others have said. I would enjoy the weather and the beaches taking up in a hotel on the bay side near the Anna Maria Island. After that is done I would go for a walk downtown taking a look in shops in the area. I am also very interested in visiting the Florida Aquarium in Tampa Bay. And while im there I would gander over to the American Victory Ship and Museum. I would then attend the first game and after the game is over continue the good times by renting a yacht for some late night cruising and relaxing with some of my crew and team. The yacht took us along the Tampa/St Petersburg coast line and back to the Anna Maria Island where are hotel was. Most of us stumbled back into the hotel to start it all over again for game 2 the next day.

Are there any changes to the playoff format you'd like to see implemented? More wild cards? Move to a single-elimination to bring about even more chaos? 999-game series to minimize chaos? Be creative!

Ever since I came to the league I found the playoffs a bit weird and I personally am not a fan of the wild card series I think it drags on way too long and makes the playoffs very long. I think the best idea is just take the top 4 from each conference like any normal sport that takes the top half teams and have a shorter playoff. 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3.  Or you can do what the MLB does and shorten the wild card series to maybe 3 games to make it just two days of real time. Think of it this way; the regular season is 50 games, some teams under the current wild card format could play 28 games throughout the playoffs which is more than half a season in the SHL. To me, that's also a bit ridiculous. More rambling here but if you want to keep people involved extend the regular season and make the playoffs shorter. Also the SMJHL is an entirely different story but also needs some refinement just have the top 8. If you are the worst team in the league you shouldn’t make the playoffs. Seriously.

5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Due to some controversial calls during the playoffs, the league is looking at updating the current rules(icing, offside, etc) What new rule or change to a room would you implement to better the game?

I am not sure if the SimonT simulation has this but I have always and always will despise the trapezoid behind the goalie net. To me it makes no sense and slows the game down and restricts a goalies impact on the game. As much as it has become the norm in hockey I cringe whenever the puck is two inches from the red trapezoid and a goalie has to literally retreat to the paint. I wish goalies could launch plays from corners more as they usually can beat a forchecker who might beat an icing and ring it around the boards to the 2nd defenseman. To me it was the natural evolution of hockey. Teams dump in pucks to retrieve with speed and strength on a forecheck goalies like Brodeur would. So the NHL decided to keep the game “fast” and added the trapezoid to keep players safe on icings. In essence keeping dump and chase in the game permanently as the goalie can’t really support the defense anymore and players chip into the area goalies can’t get to. Let's not get into the delay of game over the glass penalty which could easily be more “fair” by acting as an icing. No instead a 2 minute minor lol. Might as well make icing and offside penalties too. Get scoring up!

8. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)
Which player from Calgary or Tampa Bay would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware
?

There are quite a lot of great players on each team that can win awards but I might give a shout out to Gunnar Soderberg. Ever since Soderberg has entered the SHL he has produced quite well. Being one of the top rookies last season. This season Soderberg took his game to another level with 42 points and 14 goals good for 3rd on the Barracuda. During the playoffs Soderberg had 24 points and 10 goals in 19 games which led all of the Tampa Bay Barracuda. Look for Soderberg to get some MVP nods if this pace of improvement continues. On top of that  sköldpaddor is a leader and one of the top earners from S47.

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Honestly despite Mike Izzy’s great play I am going to have to give the MVP to the Calgary Dragons goalie; Kata Vilde. Although he had a few stinker games early on in the series Vilde came back hard in games 4 and 5. Vilde was a brick wall only letting in one goal each game and in game 5 he made a ridiculous 40 saves. Vilde held the Barracuda to 1 goal in 3 straight games facing elimination that is the definition of clutch. Vilde also did not let in a single power play goal during those 3 games as well. And i know that the previous series take no bearing but Vilde only lost 4 times in the playoffs three of the min the final series wow.

Code:
15. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)
A. As defined by draft class, who is the oldest player in this series?
B. What is the name of the Calgary Dragons' Arena?
C. Name 3 previous names of the Tampa Bay Barracuda franchise
D. From these two teams, which player had the most PIMs in the S50 regular season? (Look, I'll even give you a link to the index right below this code box. When I posted the link directly, it auto-corrected the colon + slash into a partial frown face; it looks funny and the link still works so i'm leaving it)

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S50 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

PM Sent

16/16

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 09:01 PM by jason97.)

Code:
2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)
After a slow start to the regular season, the Dragons have surged of late and have rallied around the #CalgaWe notion of togetherness. On the other side, the Barracuda battled through a difficult East and are led by a very strong young core. Which team are you personally rooting for to take home the Challenge Cup and why?

The team that I want to win the Challenge Cup is the Calgary Dragons simply because I have bought into the #CalgaWe trend and I'm a trendy kind of person. Their late surge caught me eye and I've been walking around the city of Colorado with a cowboy hat and a nice pair of black cowboy boots for a couple of weeks now. The Barracuda have an incredible team full of young and talented players and I usually tend to root for the younger players but for some reason, I like the older guys in this one. I just like the way they play and I think they can do some damage with all the support and win this thing, sort of like the St. Louis Blues and their "Gloria" surge to win the Stanley Cup. Personally, I would like it if my team was in the Challenge Cup finals so that I could really cheer for them but I'll stick with Calgary for this one.

Code:
166 words

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S50 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in this reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

In this alternate reality, the winner of the series was the team who could get the most penalty minutes. It was one of the worst things that I have ever seen happen before my eyes. There were fights after every face-off and the games took incredibly long to finish. Because multiple players get ejected every minute, the teams are compiled of over 100 players so that they can have enough players to finish the game. The score at the end doesn't matter, they just play the three, twenty minute periods and that's how they decide who advances. In this reality, we have the Los Angeles Panthers against the Manhattan Rage. In the first round of the playoffs, they were the teams with the most PIMs in the series and they were able to continue their dominant physical play and reach the SHL Finals. This is one that not many are going to want to miss because because I see a bunch of fights and a bunch of penalties.

Code:
168 words

Code:
As competition ramps up for the playoffs, players (both those still in and those eliminated) work extra hard to improve areas of their game that are lacking. What one area of your game do you really needs to focus on improving and how will this benefit the team?

As next season will be my first season in the SHL after playing my entire career so far in the SMJHL, I know that I need to improve on a ton of things before I can be successful in the SHL. One thing that I think I really want to improve on is my consistency. During my final season in the SMJHL, I had a pretty long stretch where I didn't get a ton of points after starting off the season being amongst the league leaders in goals and points. I was lucky enough to have a great set of players around me who picked me up and we finished in first place. But I know that when I get to the SHL, it's a whole different game. I won't be among the best players when I first get in the league so I need to adapt my game to be more consistent and produce for the Jets. This off-season will be a huge one for me as I plan on working on my strength and endurance to really get ready for a league that is much tougher and faster.

Code:
190 words

Code:
Which player from Calgary or Tampa Bay would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

If I had to put my money on someone from both finalists to win a regular season award in a future season, it would definitely be Otis B. Driftwood. I think that Driftwood is just about in the prime of his career and that it's his time to shine. He is the highest TPE earner on the team and for a couple of seasons now, he has been progressing extremely well. The award that I think Driftwood will win in the next two seasons is the Bojo Biscuit award, which is awarded to the best defensive defenseman in the regular season. Driftwood has been playing extremely well in the playoffs and I think next year will be his year to take a few awards home.

Code:
125 words

Code:

It feels like I always pick this task because I always post on the last day. Because I was in the SMJHL finals, I didn't really spend much time watching the SHL finals. But I was able to watch game 7 of the finals and I would like to firstly congratulate the Calgary Dragons on their victory and the Tampa Bay Barracuda on the incredible series. For me, the clear MVP is Mike Izzy. He posted 16 goals and 16 assists in 20 games. After going down 3-0, he helped carry the Dragons all the way back to complete the reverse sweep. He's been an integral part
of the team success in recent history and this is his time for finals MVP.

Code:
122 words

Code:
15. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"

Sent.

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Okay I put this off all week because I've been swamped and this 15 minute window is the only time I have to write this. So I'm going to speedrun this a bit. Has anyone ever done a full CW in 15 minutes?\

---
Quote:VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Tampa or Games 3 and 4 in Calgary? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (This is the same prompt as last year but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season)

One of the great traditions in the SHL is the treatment that each team gives to its rookie class from the previous draft. Traditionally, every team provides tickets to the SHL finals for all of their rookies from the prior draft.

Hariken Urawa was in the front row for both of the first two games in Calgary at The Big Parm, and he got to watch the Calgary Dragons take on the Tampa Bay Barracuda while getting the full VIP treatment.

"Even though I've been in juniors for a two seasons, I haven't really been to many of the pro arenas yet. I haven't played any games for Hamilton, and even in the World Juniors, we were mostly playing in junior stadiums in Europe.

"This is pretty incredible," Urawa said of the tour he got of The Big Parm. "Just seeing how these pro players operate and seeing how they get ready for the biggest stage in our sport, it's really exciting."

Urawa is, of course, disappointed that his SHL club wasn't on the ice for this season's Challenge Cup finals, as the upstart Hamilton Steelhawks were eliminated by the Tampa Bay Barracuda in the semifinals.

"I know who I'm rooting for here," said Urawa with a playful grin. "In all seriousness, seeing how far the team went when we weren't expected to go very far... it makes me really excited to get up here and join them."

Quote:2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)
After a slow start to the regular season, the Dragons have surged of late and have rallied around the #CalgaWe notion of togetherness. On the other side, the Barracuda battled through a difficult East and are led by a very strong young core. Which team are you personally rooting for to take home the Challenge Cup and why?

Hamilton Steelhawks draft pick Hariken Urawa is obviously rooting for the Calgary Dragons to take home the Challenge Cup.

"No disrespect to the Barracuda, of course. It's always cool to say that you lost to the champs, but I was rooting pretty hard for Hamilton to win, and it was heartbreaking to see them lose.

"Plus, Calgary is loaded with long-time stars in the league, like Mike Izzy, who has had a long and great career in the league. It would be cool to see them hoist the cup again.

"But to be totally honest, more than anything, I'm rooting for the chance to play on this stage one day, and to be in the Challenge Cup Finals. Hamilton had a really surprising season, and I think the future is only getting brighter."

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)

Speaking out of character here, now as uhh, but honestly, I'd like to see the pace picked up a bit more. I do appreciate the play-by-plays in the finals (and I've even done one of them), but I don't see a need to drag out the proceedings across an entire week when we can still do two games per day.

I was really into the playoffs and looked forward to seeing the two sims a day, and then when it slowed down to one sim per day in the finals, I sort of found myself losing a bit of interest in keeping up with the SHL finals.

And actually, I really do think PBPs are interesting, especially when they're done well. Charlieconway did one of the best PBPs I've seen on the site, and I enjoyed it. However, I would like to have the option to participate in them or not. If I just want to check the box score (because I'm in a hurry or don't have time to follow the PBP for whatever reason), I'd like to have that as an option.

Maybe you can commit to having the box score posted by a certain time, or commit to having PBPs finished within a certain time. There's a lot of variability in how long a PBP takes, and a standard format and standard timing would probably help minimize that.

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Due to some controversial calls during the playoffs, the league is looking at updating the current rules(icing, offside, etc) What new rule or change to a room would you implement to better the game?

I'd like to see the league expand the use of video review for close calls. Honestly, we have the technology to assist the on-ice officiating crew in making the right call in whether a player was offside or whether a goal should count. We can put cameras in the goal posts and sensors in both the posts and the pucks to determine absolute position of the puck at any given time.

The SHL has always been fairly progressive in its use of technology, and I'd like to see that continue in such a way that might inspire other sports leagues to do the same. There really isn't a reason why we should let human error dictate the outcomes of games -- nothing against the officials, but there are certain things that humans are just going to be less likely to see than data-driven technologies like sensors.

Our focus should always be on getting the right call, even if it takes time. This is the highest level of our sport, and the competitive integrity relies on the result reflecting accurately what actually happened on the ice. Nothing specific happened in the playoffs that makes me think this, but it's still something that I generally would like to see more of.

Quote:6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Who's the best player that you have witnessed in the SHL never to make it to the Challenge Cup finals? Or what player that hasn't made it to the finals is most deserving and why? Were they close? Was theirs a story of hearbreak? Is there still hope in the future? (150+ words)

This is going to be an odd answer, since the subject has only been in the SHL for one season, but I'm going to go ahead and say that after the season that Mika Kandinsky put together for the Toronto North Stars, it would be an absolute travesty if he never got to skate in the Challenge Cup Finals during his career.

He put up a phenomenal season as a rookie, and is the face of Toronto's resurgence in the SHL. The hockey-mad market is going crazy having a rookie emerge as such a big superstar, and with the mentorship of Mikhail Lokitonov and the rest of Toronto's veterans and coaching staff, it's no surprise that he had such a great year.

Mark my words, Mika Kandinsky is going to have a hell of a career, and I hope he gets to lift the Cup someday -- hopefully not at Hamilton's expense! I still want to see us win a cup or four first.

Quote:7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)

Watching from the TV and from the press box, one thing that stood out in the HAM-TBB series was just how fast Tampa's forwards were able to move while carrying the puck. That ability to make split second decisions while moving at speed with the puck is one of the things that makes the pros as great as they are.

The SMJHL is the second-best hockey league in the world as well as a stepping stone to the best, but I can tell you that the speed of the game is just not the same compared to the SHL, and especially compared to the Challenge Cup, where the two best teams from the season are skating for the highest stakes prize in sports.

I see great players in the SMJHL do amazing things with the puck, and even I myself have a reputation for doing some pretty nifty things once in a while, but the biggest thing for me is improving my ability to do it at speed. I've been working in the offseason with a trainer who used to do those military-style HIIT workouts, and it's really helped me improved my speed and coordination thus far.

Next season in the SMJHL, I want to see if I can bring an SHL-level game in this area, and help Colorado finally make it over the top so that I can reward @hhh81's faith in me with a Four Star Cup.

Quote:14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)

Mike Izzy led the playoffs in points with 32, beating the next closest person by 6. He led the playoffs in goals and also was second in assists, and he also led the Dragons with 5 game winning or game tying goals (3 GWG or 2 GWG).

The Dragons are very much Izzy's team it seems, and they still live or die by his performances. I think his performance in games 4-7 of the finals helped right the ship for Calgary and enabled them to complete a historic 0-3 reverse sweep against Tampa Bay. One key moment that stands out to me is him scoring the opening goal in Game 4.

If Tampa gets that goal first, the series probably ends with Calgary getting swept. Having watched that game up close, it was just such a huge momentum swing for the Dragons. I think the MVP isn't necessarily the player with the most points, but also the player who steps up in the biggest moments. For the Dragons, this has been Mike Izzy for the past little while, and I think he has his fingerprints all over the latest Cup victory for Calgary.

--

16 TPE, 22 minutes. gg

[Image: urawa4.jpg]
Special thanks to @Sleepy for the signature

1. NSFL PT Affiliation (3 TPE)

2. Casual Member Special - Message sent (3 TPE)

3. The Procrastinator Special! (2 TPE)

For my money, even though the Tampa Bay Barracudas lost the Challenge Cup, defenseman Kristaps Ball was the star of the series. The man produced at the elite level you would expect from a player of his caliber. He honestly did everything he could to keep his team afloat. The best part is that he really turned things up for the championship series, scoring eight of his fifteen playoff points against Calgary. He had seven assists, and only one goal, but he scored that goal in the final game of the series with his team needing goals. Obviously, they didn't get it done in the end, but that is certainly not the fault of Kristaps Ball. 116 words

4. Task #8 (2 TPE)

If I had to bet on someone winning from either of the finals teams winning an award in the future, I would have to go with Tampa Bay's young star forward, Gunnar Soderberg. Not only was he great during the regular season, he was absolutely incredible over the course of the playoffs. We're talking about a very young skater who is already scoring at close to a point per game pace. He had 42 points during the regular season, which made him one of the more reliable players in the league. His playoff performance gets even more impressive. He DID score at a point per game pace, with 24 points in 19 games. He was the leading playoff scorer for the Barracudas, which is a trend I wouldn't be surprised to see repeating. This guy is a future league MVP; mark my words. 143 words

5. Task #4 (3 TPE)

There is another dimension much like this one where there are also hockey playoffs going on. All the same teams are vying for the Edmonton Blizzard Memorial Cup there as well. Wait, what's that? You're saying that's not what it's called? Sometimes I forget that I'm from this dimension and not that one, because I wish I could be there. In that dimension, the Blizzard won the Challenge Cup so many times that they renamed it in honor of the team that couldn't be beaten. Being that it is playoff time in that dimension as well, the Blizzard are getting stretched out and preparing acceptance and MVP speeches. It truthfully doesn't even matter what other teams are in the playoffs or even who Edmonton is playing against in the final series. Someday, I will find a way to get to that dimension and replace the Barrett Blackwood who lives there already. I believe the Blizzard in our dimension are a great team who can definitely win a Challenge Cup, but I'd really like to know I'm winning it at the beginning of the season to save all the stress. 189 words

6. Task #1 (3 TPE)

I would absolutely love to go to the games in Tampa. Listen, everyone. I'm getting called up from St. Louis to Edmonton this coming season, and I'll have enough cold Canadian weather to float my boat and then some. I'm looking forward to hitting up some warm weather, and more importantly, some beaches. I absolutely don't need to take another trip to Calgary. I'm sure I'll have my fill of those nerds when we're stomping them out for the Western Conference title the next several seasons. As soon as I get to Tampa, I'm heading to the beach. It is possible that I'll go to my hotel room first, but I can't promise anything. Besides, I'm gonna look great when the show me on the live telecast of the game with this wicked tan. The Tampa area also has quite a few great breweries and restaurants, which I hope to hit as many of as possible. You'll definitely find me at the Colombia, which is the oldest Cuban restaurant in the United States. I mean, the Commish is getting the tab, right? I guess that means I'm getting some of the hand-rolled cigars for sure. 196 words

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 08:27 PM by AlwaysGettingHaxed.)

Code:

I would definitely go to games 1 and 2 in Tampa over games 3 and 4 in Calgary.  Its not that there's anything wrong with Calgary, so much as there is not much to do there.

In Tampa, and Florida in general, there are many great golf courses that I could attend during the day while killing time before going to watch the Finals.  Need to improve my handicap so I can one day try and make the US Open as an amateur like John Smoltz or Tony Romo.  What better places to practice my craft than Copperhead Course at Innisbrook, or at TPC Tampa Bay.  Those challenging courses will certainly lead me on the right path to the US Open, or a mental institution for the mental strain of such an infuriating game.

Also, while in Tampa, I may do some demolitions work at Tropicana Field, so the Tampa Rays can finally have a new field to call home that was meant for baseball.

Code:
~160 words

Code:

Personally, I am rooting for the Calgary Dragons to win.  The Tampa squad in season 49 made it impossible for me to do well in SHL Fantasy, while taking Otis Driftwood this season, yielded far better results.

Other than that, I have no real interest in who wins the cup, as my player still plays in the SMJHL.  While I would have enjoyed seeing my employer, the Los Angeles Panthers, make the finals, they did not.  Therefore, I have little reason to celebrate the Cup finals at this time. 

If Tampa wins so be it, Calgary does who cares, neither are the team I have any vested interest in.  Soon, though, the Panthers will be the talk of the town.

Code:
~105 words

Code:

While Kalevolaripaavo Käspertommevisnapuu is listed a sniper, a sniper he is not.  He still needs to greatly improve his scoring in order to be a benefit to the Los Angeles Panthers in the future.

Sure while he may have 29 goals in his first 2 seasons of the SMJHL (100 games total), his shooting accuracy is well below average.  In fact, he has just as many that miss the net completely or get blocked, as he does that hit the goalie square in the chest.  Which is far too many to be honest. 

So this offseason he is going to improve the accuracy of his shot.  This, hopefully, will make Kalevolaripaavo finally hit the corners of the net instead of the crest.  To turn him into the sniper that he is supposed to be, instead of in name only.  With the improved accuracy, and in turn more goals, Käspertommevisnapuu can become a vital piece of the Los Angeles Panthers offense.

Code:
~155 words

Code:
13. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
A. Each team enters these finals with a red hot superstar - longtime league legend Mike Izzy for Calgary and surprise breakout star Gunnar Soderberg for Tampa Bay. Which of these players will have a more dominant finals?

B. Kata Vilde and Benjamin Blue are two of the best goaltenders in the league - which team has the advantage in net?

C. Do you expect this to be a high-scoring series or a low-scoring series? A mix? Do you think it'll be competitive or will one team run away with it?

D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)

E. If you could choose any one of the following four options, which would you pick? 1. A chicken parm sandwich from Esa 2. A tray of cookies from c00kies 3. A custom feet pic from JSS 4. An hour long stick and puck session with Jepox

A. I have to go with Mike Izzy here, there is a reason why they call him a living legend. You play at a high pace for a long time, and are proven when it counts. Soderberg is a great reveal, but he just doesn’t have the length to show for it like Izzy does.
Code:
~50 words

B. In this matchup, definitely have to say that Tampa holds the upper hand in net. Benjamin Blue stats in the major areas were better than Kata Vilde in all areas. Nearly one-third better goals against average, and 15 points better in save percentage, is a true sign that Blue is better than Vilde. Blue also had 6 shutouts to Vilde’s 4.
Code:
~50 words

C. This series I think will be a competitive contest, possibly going the distance. There could be a mix of high and low scoring games, as the goaltending will be crucial in this regard. Blue is capable of stopping anybody on a good night, but Calgary has some serious firepower to run the score up. Tampa’s youth doesn’t quite have the offense of Calgary, but Vilde is capable of letting up some soft goals. Blue’s netminding and Calgary’s offense will ultimately be the matchup to decide how long the series will last, and the scoring the will occur.
Code:
~90 words[/coe]

D. Maui is my favorite name of either team.  Short and simple to remember, and it is only one name like Cher.  Hard to forget one name, that cannot be mistaken for ones that have the same last name or first name.  Maui is also a beautiful island that I would hope to visit sometime in the future.
[code]~55 words

E. Easiest of all these tasks to do, in that it is a simple choice, Esa’s parmesan chicken. First off, Esa and parmesan go hand-in-hand and I love myself some chicken parm. Next we have cookies from c00kies, no offense @c00kies, but I just don’t have an affinity for cookies, or sweets in general. Then we have custom feet pic from JSS. I admit I have perused the internet in search of pornography high and low, and seen many a fetishes. While I can see the appeal of many fetishes, the foot fetish has me stumped, easy pass on JSS’s feet pic. Next is Jepox’s stick and puck session for an hour. Having played hockey for a majority of my life, my hands are made of stone. I doubt one hour of tutoring at my age will have any impact, sorry Jepox.
Code:
~140 words

Code:
15. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)
D. From these two teams, which player had the most PIMs in the S50 regular season? (Look, I'll even give you a link to the index right below this code box. When I posted the link directly, it auto-corrected the colon + slash into a partial frown face; it looks funny and the link still works so i'm leaving it)

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S50 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

Sent.

[Image: BUzKbLn.png]

[Image: 5p7vOwY.png]  |  [Image: NA3IV5m.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 06:35 PM by Mavfatha.)

Casual Member Special Sent

My proposal for a much more fun playoff format would be to give each team that wins a series the chance to add one player from the team they defeated to their roster for the remainder of the playoffs (no they don't get to keep them forever, that would just be silly). The actually somewhat well thought out idea behind this would be - at least theoretically - to reward teams for defeating a tougher opponent, as it should normally work out that said tougher opponent would have a better player for that team to add. If this was also combined with adding more playoff teams in general, the final super teams could be really representative of the league's superstars while also keeping much of the identity of the original teams. We'd also finally see fourth lines used appropriately most likely with more players on the roster that aren't costing the team cap hit. It would also be an interesting trade off to include contract considerations into this, where teams could only add their chosen player if they have or can create extra cap room for that purpose.

Easy call to cheer on the Dragons for me. Mike Izzy is a true legend on the site and on the ice and deserves whatever greatness he can achieve during his storied career. No offense to barracudas or the song Barracuda (which is only decent at best but not the point here), but dragons are infinitely cooler as a mascot as well, having been a mainstay of many books, movies, games, etc. that are near and dear to my heart. Finally, as a member of an eastern conference team that had a rough season, I don't want to root for a different Eastern team; I'd much rather us be there instead.

5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)

Ok so I can already picture the look of disbelief on the face of whoever is reading this but hear me out - what if we eliminated all non-major penalties? This would lead to a much more exciting game out there, as players could check with near-reckless abandon without going over into the sheer ridiculousness that would ensue if all penalties were eliminated. Nobody reasonable wants to see fights breaking out over literally nothing, but most reasonable folks would be fine seeing more hitting out there as players just don't have to worry as much about accidentally doing the wrong thing, not understanding the rules at all and doing something that is currently extremely illegal, etc. As a big proponent of physical play across the SHL, I would be 100% behind such a change and would happily take advantage of it as all of the top 10 hitting seasons in league history are overwritten with just one season of this change.

Which player from Calgary or Tampa Bay would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

Rainbow Dash of Calgary will take home the Jeff Dar trophy as the best two-way player someday. Don't let the name fool you - Rainbow is one of the hardest hitters across the SHL, having focused heavily on his physical play from the very beginning. He has also started to come into his own as a more complete player, demonstrating his offensive skills and becoming an adept scorer. Admittedly this hasn't played out so far out on the ice and he'll never be much of a passing threat, but Dash has the checking game and scoring ability to take home this coveted trophy if given more shooting opportunities and a bit of luck out there.

NSFL CW for one task

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

I would be heading to Tampa Bay for game 1. Who would not want to go to Calgary in this weather? Not a single soul in my opinion especially spending all my time in Los Angeles. I cannot do cold. So, with Tampa Bay I would be checking out the beaches, check out Busch Gardens and try to sneak a look at where the Rays play their baseball games as sadly baseball season is over. Then if I am allowed take a trip to Disney as not that far.

Plus going to game one would be huge as it’s the prime game to open a series and you know the fans will be wanting more and so excited. It would be a huge blast to get out there and enjoy. Splurge on the VIP section of the arena in between periods and then after the game hitting the local night scene and see what kind of trouble I can get into.

2. As someone who plays in the West, the normal expectation would be cheer for Tampa Bay but truth be told. BigTittySmitty Player Agency has ties to the world of parm in Calgary and would actually be cheering them on. Imagine in a matter of 2 minutes I could have been on this team instead of Los Angeles. Don’t get me wrong I love my Panthers but I remember from that draft both LA and Calgary were trying to trade up to get me. Ironically enough I went to LA instead of Calgary where management was telling me it was a matter of mnutes to get an agreed deal in place.

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Who's the best player that you have witnessed in the SHL never to make it to the Challenge Cup finals? Or what player that hasn't made it to the finals is most deserving and why? Were they close? Was theirs a story of hearbreak? Is there still hope in the future? (150+ words)

That's a tough question. Obviously there are a ton of players who never played in a cup final, but over lengthy careers, how many missed the opportunity, and how many really would be memorable enough to be considered the best? For me, I think I would say the best that never was, Eduard Selich. The Stampede traded up to take him 2nd overall, he was a dominant member of the Prince George Firebirds. My first player followed pretty well in his footprints, honestly. The Stampede had struggled from the point of their expansion, and Selich was their bright face of the future. Unfortunately, his career fizzled out as he was approaching his peak, and he played out through S42 with the Stampede before his final season of S43 with the Riot. He had all kinds of potential, and unfortuantely his career never completely developed, and he didn't even get a chance to play in the Cup finals.

Code:

For me obviously as a juniors player, there's still a ton to work on especially before I get to the SHL level. Every single area of my game needs to be improved before I would be able to even sniff an SHL lineup. I have to work a whole lot on improving the small areas of the game, positioning & the mental side. I have to work a whole lot on my cardio, to be ready and able to play the top minutes I am getting now. For myself in the SMJHL obviously the stats didn't reflect it last season but I feel like I'm in a good place offensively, my hands and feet, my shooting and playmaking ability is all good, on the level of a top center in SMJHL. Not good enough for SHL yet, but I think it's just small areas improvements and then my offensive output will match what I feel my skills are at.

Code:

Izzy was the dominant force in the finals. 9 points. Soderberg looked great early, with a 3 point game in game 2, scoring 2 goals in the 2nd period to go ahead 4-2 and 6-3. He scored just seconds after Izzy had scored to give Calgary a little bit of life being down only 5-3. Soderberg picked up a 4th point in game 3. But unfortunately for the Dragons, Soderberg choked under the pressure, as he failed to pick up points in any of games 4, 5, or 6 - and the Dragons won all those games to make  it a 3-3 series. Soderberg has 2 points in game 7, but it wasn't a match for Izzy, who won - and he did it by dominating the finals.

Going into the series, both goaltenders were very evenly matched. Vilde had to play 3 series, but made quick work of all of them, playing just 13 games, and giving up 27 goals (good for roughly a 2.07 GAA). Blue and the Barracudas only had 2 series to go through, but both took 6 games, meaning Blue played about the same number of games - but gave up 34 goals (roughly a 2.83 GAA). They were even in save percentage, but the big difference in GAA gives the edge to Vilde.

The way both goaltenders were playing, I would have told you to buckle in for a tight series. For a little bit there, it was a low scoring nervous affair. Games 3 through 6 had a combined 15 goals for the 2 teams - that's less than 2 goals each. There was a goals explosion in the first 2 games (20 goals in 2 games) and 7 goals in game 7, but no one could have predicted that kind of scoring.

I like the creative realistic ones. There's a whole bunch on both teams that are just either some kind of replication of real players, or replication of a previous SHL player, or even a player in another league, where people just use the same names repeatedly. And then there are some that just aren't real names. I think my favourite would have to be Ostap Maksimov of the Dragons. It's a good name.

I mean, would anyone really not want cookies? Unless it's some oatmeal raisin lying bullshit, there's nothing that is better than cookies. AND YOU GET A WHOLE DAMN TRAY! It's almost that time of year, gimme that plate of gingerbread, sugar cookies, chocolate chip deliciousness. Who would rather a pic of feet than god damn cookies?

Code:

How could it be anyone other than Mike Izzy? He scored 9 points in the 7 games in the finals, including at least 1 point in every single game. He had 2 points in a pivotal game 4, with the Dragons trailing the series 3-0, he scored the opening goal of the game. The Dragons only scored twice in that game, winning it 2-1 and Izzy was a part of both goals. He dominated all series long, scored 5 points in final 4 games of the series - all Dragons wins. Even in the 3 losses, Izzy put up 4 points, and he was a +1 despite the Dragons giving up 16 goals in 3 games. There was no player who impacted every game like Izzy did.

Code:

Done it.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Code:

Yay! This time I actually get to go on the trip unlike last season (Guess I'll have to start losing more often, just kidding). Hmmm... am I going to go a couple of hours down the road and stay in the province of Alberta or am I gonna go all the way down to warm sunny Florida. I think Florida is the easy choice for this one. If I'm down there on Eggy's dime I'm going to the hard rock casino in Tampa! I've been there before and had a horrible time, but that's when I was gambling my money, now I'll be gambling with SHL dollars at stake! While I'm down there I'm also going to hit up the beach and enjoy the nice weather. Maybe head over to Orlando and go to Disney with the best fast pass! I must also do my best to hunt down the ever elusive Florida man. There's a lot I want to learn from that guy. The best part is, I'm not even going to go to a time-share presentation! [179 words]

Code:

I want to see a tournament of losers before the playoffs start. I want to give every team 5-8 a shred of hope that they can make the playoffs. The idea would be teams placing 1 - 3 would automatically make the conference semi-finals as it currently is set up. The team placing 4th would get the first wild card spot. Finally, teams 5 through 8 would play in a single elimination tournament to see who would win the last spot in the playoffs. It would be hilarious if tanking teams got dragged into the playoffs and were forced out of the draft lottery. Maybe there would be a Cinderella story of a last place team picking up their bootstraps and beating the world and winning the challenge cup. Now people will say "Tommy, but my regular season means nothing if everyone makes the playoffs". I say if you're going to let a team win 2 straight games, win the wild card, beat the first place team in the conference, beat whoever else makes it into the conference finals and then beat the best team in the other conference win, they deserve it no matter where they finished in the regular season. [201 words]

Code:

A) Gotta go with Izzy, the guy is constantly at the top of the league and has shown consistency that few others before him have. He looks like he's in the middle of his prime despite the fact he's getting to grizzled veteran age. I'm happy for Gunnar Soderberg and it pains me to pick a Dragon, but I've got to go with what's been proven time and time again. [69 words]

B) This time, I'm going with the Barracuda player. Benjamin Blue seems to have these seasons where he's unstoppable and this seems to be one of them. Tampa finished first a few seasons ago, then fell back to earth, and now they're back and made it farther than ever. Benjamin Blue is a huge reason for their success, if they going do well in this series, it's because of him. [69 words]

C) I'm a bad person, I honestly have not looked at the scores for this series. I know how it turned out, but no idea what the original scores were. If I had to take a guess I'd say it's going to be a high scoring series. There's no real reason why other than I feel like both of these teams have the fire power to put up big numbers. [69 words]

D) My favourite player name is Matt Kholin. I mean, it sounds like a regular name, but it also sounds like colon. At least that's how I pronounce it, now I'm starting to second guess my self and wonder if it's pronounced in some other accent or way that I'm not sophisticated enough to understand. If true, this could be the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me. [69 words]

E) A Parm sandwich from Esa. That guys seems to absolutely love them and I'm guessing he knows the best spots everywhere around North America to grab a good parm. It was a hard choice between this and cookies, but I don't trust those 00s instead of oos. Makes me think that I'm going to get oatmeal raisin or something. I just noticed all my answers have 69 words, nice. [69 words]

Code:

Okay, I'm actually going to go ahead and open up the index for this one. When I open it up I see Mike Izzy with 32 points in 20 games which is sexy AF and instantly becomes my favourite for it. I wish there was a way I could just see stats for a certain period of time, but here we are. I actually went ahead and opened every game thread (What am I doing with my life?) and Izzy put up 9 points in 7 games and had at leas 1 point in every game! That sounds like an MVP quality series to me! I apologize to anyone else if you had a really good series, but you should have had a better playoffs so I could choose you when looking for playoff MVP. Great job Izzy! [138 words]

Code:

sent

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

im going to games 1 and 2 in tampa. I don't live far so i can probably just drive there and chill. plus calgary is really lame what can you even do there. where even is it like canada right damn thats wacky yo. like how tf is it in a whole different country dang. but yeah for sure in tampa im pretty sure it would be cool to be there and maybe if i cut my legs off or pretended to be short enough they would mistake me for a child and i'd get a stick after the game that'd be chillen damn. wonder if i could get a signed one dang. oh shoot wait eggy is paying dang im bringin the homies too get in here yall we are gonna vibe so hard on the glass damnskers. wonder if we could go to disneyland too thats close right wtf is florida geography tbh like it looks like a fork yeah but where are all the thingies. someone let me know please i desperately need to know please.

Despite them technically being my in state rivals, I have to root for the Barracuda over the Dragons. honestly i have a soft spot for the fish men, and calgary is a pretty gross uggo team and i dont like them and they are stinky and they suck. i like most of the players on the sea peeps and they seem like a pretty chillin org. would deffo vibe with them if i had the chance but sadly we are forbidden love like the capulets and montagues or however the f*ck you spell those italian ass names. seriously fuck shakespear wtf even is a monatuge.

i have decided as a player that i wish to win one of those swanky jeffery dar awards. so basically im just gonna hit everyone now yeah. deffo gonna win the dar and that fricken uhh most improved player award too yeah. like basically im gonna hit folks so hard that im gonna score more goals and stuff yep. and basically when i when mvp mip and dar and the fan vote best player next season its gonna be chillin yeaaaaah. like seriously cameron carter the second is going to be quite upset at my unparalleled success bc im gonna straight knock that fool into the stratosephere yeppers. not even gonna feel guity that man has no arms bro. he needs to go to the gym like 1 or twice yeah. anyways im gonna be way better at checking now yeah. like not even a little better im going straight to the top elevator style no stairs.

Mike Izzy is as far as i am aware made out of pure hockey. second of all i dont even know who gunyar sonerberg is so like its def michael izzy. izzy can like slam folks and fricken uhh sit on folks like dang he could smother someone with that boody damn wooooski. anyways yeah maybe if this was between Mike izzy and uhh fricken uh benji blue then maybe not izzy but damn dude that izzy guy is just straight hockey. maybe hookers and cocaine too but mostly hockey. yeah.

Kata Vilde is like tuuukka rask and blue is like marty fricken brodeur. the kid can f*cken save shots and shoot shots and win best goalie and shit damn. vilde has that weak european liver that prevents the full goaltending expertise. like how are you supposed to do a side edge slide save if you cant produce enough liver juice. just not possible. honestly not even sure how vilde even makes save like maybe some sort of force field what the heck. is that even legal please tell me.

Low scoring series, Benjamin Blue and Kata Vilde are two of the best goaltenders in the league right now and its hard to think that either won't continue to be outstanding. also im pretty sure i heard that they aren't playing with a puck at all and they are just gonna skate around the entire time pretending there is one but there isnt one so yeah no goals get scored at all basically yeah. or maybe they play with the puck but the refs call off every goal with golay inderference. yeah that sounds better lets go witht hat then they will never catch in to us. yeah that works nice idea.

bernik vrzala. like wtf does a vrz make lmao that guy isnt even real dude. like im pretty sure the dude just doesn't exist. like wtf is a bernik eiter i think we have a conspiracy here yall. like maybe he is some sort of robot alien that was sent here to make sure that the refs play favourites with calgary so that they win bc there is no way that dude was real. like whos parents are just like yeah his name is bernik vrzala and he is deffo not a robot alien guys haha. he is our son not an alien for sire guys haha. definitely.

#3. for sure, jsss is the feetiest dude on the whole site man. hit feeet hit different you know. plus that custom shit aint cheap damn. i wonder if he can print it out as scratch and sniff damn. and honestly wtf even are the other options bruh. like wtf is a chicken parm sandwich bruh. and cookies are bad dont @me. also wtf is stick and puck. really only answer here boys and its the feet. yumskis

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [CALGARY DRAGONS], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Kata Vilde and it's not even close. Vilde prevent the Dragons from being eliminated 3 games in a row with stellar performances. in games 4, 5, and 6 Vilde put up a .968 sv% to keep the Dragons in the finals. there is just no way the Dragons don't get swept if not for Vilde. but maybe not vilde because im pretty sure the dude just cheated and put like a pane of glass behind him so the pucks just bounced off if they got past him. except to give up like one goal but thats to throw the spuspicion off bc if he had 3 shutouts itd be way not chillin and everyone would be sus but 3 game where only 1 goal is pretty vibin yeah.

dome
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 09:18 PM by Pris.)

Task #2 (2 TPE): Well, I was (obviously) rooting for Tampa Bay, since I am a member of the team, but moreover I was really pulling for us so that that room could get the cup and get the chance to feel that success. There are some amazing personalities in that locker room (s/o to my baby crew, Jess, Jenny, Evans, Kala, y'all the real ones), both fresh faces and veterans, and I really would have loved to help bring them a cup. Also, on a slightly more selfish note, especially after the whole trade and aftermath, it would have been cool to prove a point, but oh well. We'll be here at the top for a while, I'm not too concerned.

Task #3 (3 TPE): I think we should stop using scoring as the marker for winning games in the playoffs. Who cares if you can put a puck through someone's legs? That shit is for weenies. Let's start measuring wins by hit numbers. That would make games so much more interesting and entertaining. You could do it either by aggregate hit count across all the players on a team or by whichever team has the single player that had the most hits of the game. This would also incentivize fighting, as we could consider each punch in a fight a hit. Physical play should be the focus of hockey anyway, who gives a shit about people just moving back and forth, we can get that in any sport. Boring ! Having something like this would truly rejuvenate the sport. It'd be absolutely fantastic for viewership and growing the league. Who wouldn't want to see something like that?

Task #5 (3 TPE): In the same vein as the above, no more penalty minutes for fighting. We have to encourage these lads to stand up for themselves! If we were to get rid of penalty minutes for fighting, we would definitely see more people willing to drop the gloves in defense of each other and themselves. And in the end, isn't that really just what good old hockey is about? We love to see it. Like I said before, physical play should be the focus of hockey anyway, and again, it would greatly improve viewership and viewer interest in the game. This is obviously in the league's best interest. This would also be quite preferable under the new system I proposed for the playoff format. We don't want to penalize people for things that would certainly help them win the game! Let's bring back hitting, kids. We'll be the world's premier sports league before we know it.

Task #6 (3 TPE): This is a common answer, but certainly a justified one. The easy person who comes to mind for me is Robert Phelps, of the Hamilton Steelhawks. He's an absolute legend of the league, both as a player and as a person, and it is a complete disgrace that he's never won a cup. There were certainly moments in Hamilton's history since they've drafted him where I was sure they would get it done, but here we are. And I have to say, I do feel a little bit guilty this time around - we were the ones who knocked them out of the playoffs. That's my old team and that's my friend, so I can't say it was the easiest thing to do. I know he's going to win a cup at some point before he retires though - he has to. There's hope in the future since Hamilton is a growing team, but honestly, it's a complete shame that he doesn't have like 3 by this point, because he definitely deserves it.

Task #8 (2 TPE): What kind of question is this? Me, obviously. For as much as I wasn't one to toot my own horn with Volkova, I'll sure as shit do it with O'Koivu, because I am the proud mother of an absolute goon. I want to win as many Turd Fergusons as possible in my career. I know that I can pull this off because my management team supports my gooniness in its fullest capacity - they know exactly what they traded for. Everyone on this team is very supportive and loving of me wanting to beat the everloving shit out of people - Tampa Bay is a lovely place. And I've been building towards this moment, both metaphorically and literally with my TPE - I have to make this happen.

I guess it'd be cool to win a Biscuit too. Hmmm. But that's about, like. Skill and shit. I don't think O'Koivu has it in her to actually be productive in any capacity (this season's playoffs was a fluke). So let's just stick to trying to win "Best Bully" awards.

Task #15 (3 TPE): Submitted !

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 09:07 PM by Off.)

16/16

I am going to games 3 and 4 in Calgary. I don’t know what it might be, maybe a little bit of bias, but I feel as though there is a chance for something special to happen in Calgary on game four. It could be the end of a sweep or the start of a reverse sweep. Either way, there will be history made. There is also a bigger and better selection of foodstuffs in Calgary and there is a chance that you can see the legendary fat as s pidgeon that the Calgary players parade around from place to place. Eggy is going to have some splaining to do as I know a few of the players have some very special clubs they make their way to after every win at home. And even some of the losses. Regardless there is a special energy in the area and I can't wait!

I am completely unbiasedly cheering for Calgary to win the Challenge cup. They have the making of a great fairy tale story. The rebuild that ended in a finals appearance not that long ago now leading them back after a great time and great core coming together in order to try and make the legendary push it took to get them here. It took a lot of changes and effort for them and while they were not the worst team at the end of the season it is only because of the team’s determination to shove it back in the face of the rest of the league.

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Who's the best player that you have witnessed in the SHL never to make it to the Challenge Cup finals? Or what player that hasn't made it to the finals is most deserving and why? Were they close? Was theirs a story of heartbreak? Is there still hope in the future? (150+ words)

David Vent is just such a monster of a player, a really great heart and soul guy and a personal friend of mine it is kind of mind-boggling that he has not made it to the finals yet. He is a great person from the Czech, like myself. I mean honestly, any one of the guys from Czechia who haven’t made it to the finals should really be here. It is a shame that we can’t all be on a team together as we’d run this league. Vent, in particular, is like a brother to me and takes the most effort he can in order to help the Rage in any and every way he can. Hes a greater offensive threat to any team than I am, and when he needs to turn into a cactus and get under people’s skin he is more than capable of turning into a threat mentally.

As competition ramps up for the playoffs, players (both those still in and those eliminated) work extra hard to improve areas of their game that are lacking. What one area of your game do you really need to focus on improving and how will this benefit the team?

The most important part of my game right now, I think, is the team play and the passing. I’m not the best player on my team and I know I still have a lot to give. I have been taking reps on the penalty kill and I may be put onto the top unit if the series starts to tilt away from us and we do not perform as well as we should. My defense I feel is in a pretty good spot and I like to think I have a good game sense in this regard. I just need to keep working on my strength and my playmaking ability. I have already made some strides in passing which hopefully scores plenty of goals in this series and wins us the cup! Otherwise, I know the team will step up and cover for my lacking in offense talent and I plan on bailing out my teammates when they need some help on the back end!

Which player from Calgary or Tampa Bay would you bet on to win a regular-season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

Despite the fact that he is in regression, there is a pretty good chance that Mike Izzy, despite the fact that he is basically staring death from the SHL in the face, is still an absolute monster on and off the ice and does everything possible for the Dragons. He still hits everything that moves, similar to a heat-seeking wrecking ball, so there is a very good chance that there is something special left in the tank for Izzy, and that he has the power and determination to do it. If it isn’t an award for the skill he has the dedication for some of the more gentlemanly awards the league has!

#15 Sent In

[Image: Off.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 09:24 PM by ImASurvivor.)

Code:

Nothing beats the very first game of a championship series, so I'm definitely traveling to Tampa Bay to enjoy the playoff atmosphere on the east coast. I'm picking these two games in order to truly experience my first ever SHL playoff games in style. Once I get to the city, I've already run up Eggy's tab by ordering extensive cabin service on the airplane for all of my new friends that I shared the flight with. Next up, I can't arrive to the commissioner's suite in my sweatpants, I need to go find the best tailor in town and get myself some custom-fitted suits representing my team's colors. Then we're heading to the rink in a decked out limousine filled to the brim with alcohol and babes. I eat all the popcorn my stomach can handle throughout the game and even start having a food fight with the deputy commissioner himself.

Code:

As stated, Calgary has all of the momenta with their steep upswing just prior to the playoffs commencing, and Tampa Bay has ridden their young core of S40+ draftees into the sunset in this season's playoffs. Calgary's old guard is probably witnessing their final attempt at winning the coveted SHL championship, while Tampa Bay's rookies will likely see many more playoff appearances in the near future. The questions is whether GM Esa can build a dynasty in Calgary and maintain strong performances in the regular season despite the inevitable downswing to come. If it were up to me, I'd like the championship to return to our Canadian brethren one last time before changes need to be made.

Code:

In the National Hockey League, 3 on 3 overtime is the most exciting hockey that is experienced by casual and competitive fans alike. Even though it would result in less overtime hockey played, it would require more responsible gameplay by both teams and unlike the regular season, the stakes would be incredibly high. I feel the addition of 3 on 3 overtime into the SHL playoffs would create for much more exciting PBP threads as well as more strategic line combinations for SHL teams. Other than that, playoff races could be spiced up by removing a slot and making it so just one team from each conference gets to go to the playoffs regardless of their division placement. Even lowering that to one, league-wide would make for some truly incredible battles down the stretch to the SHL playoffs for the between teams. These are all of my ideas that I hope will get implemented into the SHL soon.

Code:
Which player from Calgary or Tampa Bay would you bet on to win a regular-season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

I mean, it's obvious that young Gunnar Soderberg is first in line for this achievement, given his excellent start to his SHL career, after being drafted by the Barracuda back in the S47 Entry Draft. For me, he has the best chance at winning the dar, because of his impeccable two-way playstyle that has pushed Tampa Bay to these great heights after just 3 seasons. Soderberg was drafted because of his amazing awareness at both ends of the ice and thus far into his career he has shown the ability to live up to that potential that many pundits placed upon him when comparing him to his draft class. For those reasons, I believe Gunnar will first accomplish this feat.

Code:
Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S50 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in this reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

In one of the infinite realities that we live among simultaneously, somewhere out there, Tampa Bay is defeating the odds and actually managing to win the four-star cup. Who would have thought just three seasons ago when they were rounding out their rebuild and bringing in multiple first-round picks. They even encountered a draft bust in S47, in Espen Knutsen Jr., but have still managed to overcome all of this and make it to the finals. It is in this reality that the hockey gods reward JSS and Jepox for their patience over these horrendous seasons. With this playoff experience and cup victory, Tampa Bay is now poised to steamroll the entire league for seasons to come. The only team in this reality that has gone to drastic measures to rebuild their roster, is the likes of the Toronto North Stars, who begin a rivalry with the Barracuda for half a decade where both teams face off in the eastern conference finals.

Code:

I think the only solution to experiencing controversial calls is to completely remove said calls, and the people that make them all together. If I had any sway on the board of directors of the SHL, I would immediately return to classic, old-school pond hockey where there were no rules besides scoring goals on the other team's net. Games would be regulated by the players who would now become their honest forms because no one would be holding them back, while all the while their GMs are in the booth's having their own MMA matches to determine who gets the better end of trades that might be being negotiated. No more offsides, goal sucking has now been reintroduced and it's the only way Jimmy Slothface will become the best player in the league. No more icings, meaning that we will witness some bone-crushing hits into the end boards night in and night out. Best of all, no penalties, anything goes, and there's no one besides each other to control tempers or goons that might step foot on the ice.

That should be 16/16

[Image: bobby1.jpg]

[Image: DaNnVpo.png]   [Image: CfsNrQZ.png]   [Image: ZZLBWWZ.png]
Kraken | Switzerland | Jets