Create Account

S50 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2019, 02:56 PM by slothfacekilla.)

1. Welfare claim: NSFL PT (3 TPE I think?  over 200 words)

Code:
9. Graphics, 3 TPE
Your team is looking to put a new mural outside the locker room. Design what the mural will look like and be sure to represent your team and city!

[Image: tkAJPyz.png]

Code:
10. Graphic, 2 TPE
Simple and straightforward - make a promotional poster for the S50 CC Finals. Must include at least one player render and the logos and names of both teams. Option A: make a good graphic. Option B: make a shitty graphic. Either will receive TPE.

[Image: U0lZSj5.png]

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Are there any changes to the playoff format you'd like to see implemented? More wild cards? Move to a single-elimination to bring about even more chaos? 999-game series to minimize chaos? Be creative!

The first change I would make to the playoff format is that the New Orleans Specters would get automatic byes to the finals each season. Some may say this is not fair to the rest of the league, but to them I say: "I don't care!" I would do the reverse of the example in the prompt, and I would make the non-finals rounds all best of three. That way more chaos can reign with SimonT and maybe easier teams slip by to the finals for the Specters to play. I am guessing you see my theme? In the actual finals itself the format would move back to a best of seven. But if the Specters were to be in a position where a loss would eliminate them, the series would be extended indefinitely until New Orleans won outright or the other team forfeited due to their futility. You may be asking yourself, "Wouldn't this essentially kill the league with everyone quitting?" Ya, probably. But I could finally win a cup! I would be willing to listen to a reversion to the old format after I win two cups though, I am not an unreasonable person. (196 Words)

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Due to some controversial calls during the playoffs, the league is looking at updating the current rules(icing, offside, etc) What new rule or change to a room would you implement to better the game?

In an effort to encourage people to make enforcers, and to hopefully entice teams to draft or sign them, I would give each team a two free instigated fights per game pass. A team could have up to three designated players that are the team's enforcers, and they each are allowed to instigate up to two fights per game with the other team without costing their own team any penalty minutes. If the enforcer manages to beat up the other player in either of those two fights, then the other team's player must sit for the five minute penalty giving the enforcer's team a power play. Teams would have to employ enforcers to protect their skill guys from the other enforcers in the league I imagine. Just picture a tough guy beating up a star player for free and then getting a five minute power play out of it. It would flip the entire script of the SHL! Strategy on when to try to jump or protect people would come into play for sure. I bet Don Cherry would love to see some tough Canadian boys throwing down multiple times a game. (192 words)

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
As competition ramps up for the playoffs, players (both those still in and those eliminated) work extra hard to improve areas of their game that are lacking. What one area of your game do you really needs to focus on improving and how will this benefit the team?

Despite having a career year I still feel like I have a lot to improve on. Overall I think I need to train in a way to improve my consistency, whether that is more endurance or something else I'm not sure yet, but I do want to make myself more consistent results-wise. I was on a pretty good point pace for most of the year, and I was clicking on the first line. The team had a good amount of success. But I slowed down a bit at the end of the season, and my points pace definitely fell off. I started the playoffs hot with a hat trick in our first game, but I only put up points in two of our remaining games. I wish I could have helped the team more and maybe we would not have been swept by Calgary (or moved on to the finals ourselves!). Luckily I've rounded out my defense and positioning, so I think after working on my shot I will perhaps do endurance and strength training. This should give me a good base for the long haul of the SHL season, especially if I play a lot of minutes again. (199 words)

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Due to some controversial calls during the playoffs, the league is looking at updating the current rules(icing, offside, etc) What new rule or change to a room would you implement to better the game?

I would probably make a rule that made sure that refs had their vision tested every year. It is both important for their health as well as the health of the league. While this rule will not keep people from becoming refs if they have bad vision, it will make sure that these refs have to bring a note from their doctor saying that their vision has been checked before a playoffs series and that they are wearing whatever corrected lenses that they need. Refs with Lasic will not be excused from this new rule as Lasic is not a permanent correction to ones vision. This change in the rules will hopefully make it easier for on ice calls and reduce time and the need to send everything to video review. It might also save a refs career if they are known to make bad calls. With a little more accountability for their actions, this will keep games more honest and will make it quite true when players jeer at them calling them blind.

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Tampa or Games 3 and 4 in Calgary? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (This is the same prompt as last year but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season)

I would be going to games 3 and 4. Probably because of the name of Calgarys home stadium. With a name like that I would be wondering if they have world class food joints. Nothing like watching a hockey game with a beer in hand and some greasy food that to soak it all up while cheering for the home team. What it comes down to is that I know more people who are on Calgary’s team and would like to support them. I know literally nothing about Calgary as a city so my first act would be to just get food delivered to my hotel from every place that people say are the best. Then I would get a bunch of food delivered to the visitors locker room in the hope that all the smell of the oil will make them want to eat the food and perform worse. Sabotage. If I’m invited back it would be a miracle.

As competition ramps up for the playoffs, players (both those still in and those eliminated) work extra hard to improve areas of their game that are lacking. What one area of your game do you really needs to focus on improving and how will this benefit the team?

It is hard to assess what you are lacking in the big leagues when you’ve never made it to the big stage ice. Down in the J’s the Kraken are gearing up for some big changes. My physical play has been down a lot since last season. On the third line I wasn’t focusing on finesse, but rather on the small things to be a harder hitting team. Last year we led the league in hits, forcing the puck away from our competitors. This year we changed up our style and now deliver the less hits but still rack up those PIM. If we want dominance in this series we have to put our shoulders down and really give it our all and be dedicated to doing it right. If we lose Rayvn next season, someone will have to step up as our physical enforcer or we are likely to lose the main grit that made the Militia so good as the underdogs. Even Gretsky needed his goons.

12. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

A. Each team enters these finals with a red hot superstar - longtime league legend Mike Izzy for Calgary and surprise breakout star Gunnar Soderberg for Tampa Bay. Which of these players will have a more dominant finals?

I picked Mike Izzy for the playoffs TPE so I choose him. A legend deserves another one to make his name. If there aren’t people who are heads and shoulders above the rest of the league then there is nothing for the league to strive for. What would be a record if there was not some unassailable position that resounds around the room like a god? Give me Izzy or Give me Death.

C. Do you expect this to be a high-scoring series or a low-scoring series? A mix? Do you think it'll be competitive or will one team run away with it?

I think it will be a low scoring series. When these two teams met during the regular season they kept each other below 4 goals a game. I think with playoffs really tightening a players concentration we can see a tighter score than usual. I definitely see the red hot dragons battling and the Barracudas not giving an inch.

D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)

I have to give it to Maui. Just one name. He doesn’t need a second name. He’s a demigod. Hes like the Prince of the league. I fully expect him to change his name at some point to a couple of symbols that represent the Hawaiian god Maui without actually having a name. It simple and effective and just has as good lasting impression.

E. If you could choose any one of the following four options, which would you pick? 1. A chicken parm sandwich from Esa 2. A tray of cookies from c00kies 3. A custom feet pic from JSS 4. An hour long stick and puck session with Jepox

Chicken Parm. Easily one of my favorite foods of all time. Can Esa make one that would rival that nostalgic feeling I have for my first one I ever had in highschool? I can tell you that I have searched my whole life for a chicken parm that good and have been disappointed with every option I have ever had. Accept my challenge Esa.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2019, 04:22 PM by BrewskyBoy.)

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Tampa or Games 3 and 4 in Calgary? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (This is the same prompt as last year but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season)

Without a doubt, I'm heading down to Tampa Bay for games 1 and 2. The weather in Tampa is absolutely fantastic during this time of year and I'd love to essentially get paid to take a free vacation there. You know those home crowds in Tampa are going to be electric considering the team has never won a cup since moving there, and in general the city of Tampa has been starved of a championship since the Buccaneers won the Super Bowl way back in 2003 so those fans are gonna be hungry! As far as how I'm going to run up Eggy's bill? That one I'm not so sure about. I'm really not a big spender and I'm likely to just go spend my time taking in the great outdoors at a park or on the beach. Maybe I'll find a nice steakhouse to get some good grub at while I'm there. I'd never turn down a nice steak, especially if I'm not the one paying for it.

Quote:2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)
After a slow start to the regular season, the Dragons have surged of late and have rallied around the #CalgaWe notion of togetherness. On the other side, the Barracuda battled through a difficult East and are led by a very strong young core. Which team are you personally rooting for to take home the Challenge Cup and why?

I'm going to be pulling for the Tampa Bay Barracuda to win the finals this season. The franchise has only won one championship in their history, and it hasn't tasted that glory since S18. Calgary on the other hand has raised multiple championship banners to their rafters since then, and quite frankly I don't think they need another. Calgary has had nothing but sustained success for the past 25 seasons, and I just think it'd be more rewarding and exciting for another team to have a chance to experience success for a season. Nothing against the Dragons, but it's better for the league at this point if they don't win.

Quote:7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)

As I've just completed my rookie season in the SHL, there are certainly plenty of areas of my game that I need to work on and improve before I can truly be an elite player in this league. But if I had to choose just one area of my game that I need to focus on, it'd be my athleticism. Both my offensive and my defensive game still have room to improve and I'll definitely be focusing on those areas in my training still, but as an athlete I simply need to get better. My skating isn't where I want it to be. I need to be able to accelerate quicker and make sharper cuts. I also need to get stronger. I'm not able to intimidate my opponents as much as I'd like and I need to be able to hit them off the puck at will. If I can improve my athleticism over the coming off-season, I'll be in a much better position to help my team next season.

Quote:12. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
A. Each team enters these finals with a red hot superstar - longtime league legend Mike Izzy for Calgary and surprise breakout star Gunnar Soderberg for Tampa Bay. Which of these players will have a more dominant finals?

B. Kata Vilde and Benjamin Blue are two of the best goaltenders in the league - which team has the advantage in net?

C. Do you expect this to be a high-scoring series or a low-scoring series? A mix? Do you think it'll be competitive or will one team run away with it?

D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)

E. If you could choose any one of the following four options, which would you pick? 1. A chicken parm sandwich from Esa 2. A tray of cookies from c00kies 3. A custom feet pic from JSS 4. An hour long stick and puck session with Jepox

A. I'm of the belief that longtime league legend Mike Izzy will have a more dominant finals performance. I think he's got a vintage performance in store for us all here and will really control this series with his play out there on the ice. Soderberg has been excellent and all and I'm sure will have a great series, but I've got to give the edge to the grizzled vet.

B. Of the two goalies playing in the finals, I'd have to say that Tampa Bay has the advantage here with Benjamin Blue. Blue has been phenomenal all season long and was clearly a more dominant goaltender all around. He had the second best save percentage (.919), the fourth best goals against average (2.63), and he led the entire league in shutouts with 6.

C. I think this will be a low-scoring series due to a combination of impressive net-minders on both ends of the ice and an overall lack of offensive star-power. Both teams certainly have stars and players that can produce offensively, but there's no absolutely fearsome lines like that Vakarian-Kandinsky-Lokitonov line in Toronto. Plus this is playoff hockey. Teams tend to play a bit more defensive and physical. This will be a competitive series, going at least 6 games.

D. This is an easy one, but I'm actually going to go with two players here: Shooter McGavin (Calgary) and Shooter McGavin II (Tampa Bay). Shooter McGavin is an incredible character and personality. The fact that two players actually were named after him just puts this over the top as an easy pick for my favorite name.

E. I'm going to go with the tray of cookies from c00kies here, and that's without any second thoughts. I've never had a chicken parm sandwich so that's out. I don't like feet pics so that's out. I've never even worn a pair of skates so a stick and puck sesh is out. That leaves the tray of cookies, and who doesn't love cookies? I just hope they're warm and not overly crunchy.

Quote:15. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)
A. As defined by draft class, who is the oldest player in this series?
B. What is the name of the Calgary Dragons' Arena?
C. Name 3 previous names of the Tampa Bay Barracuda franchise
D. From these two teams, which player had the most PIMs in the S50 regular season? (Look, I'll even give you a link to the index right below this code box. When I posted the link directly, it auto-corrected the colon + slash into a partial frown face; it looks funny and the link still works so i'm leaving it)

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S50 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

Answers sent to PT Director

3 + 2 + 3 + 5 + 3 = 16 TPE

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

Task 2 - 2 TPE
I don't think it will come as much of a surprise to anyone to hear that I'm rooting for the Tampa Bay Barracuda. What with my player playing on the team and all, you would expect nothing less. I do have an actual reason why I want the team to win in specific though, even if I wasn't playing for them. The Barracuda are a team that has undergone a tremendous change in the past 5-10 seasons, where as the Dragons organization has remained stagnant in their member base, values, and prowess through out their entire tenure in the league. I would love to see an aggressive, young, fresh-minded team like Tampa Bay take home the cup regardless of the circumstances.

Task 3 - 3 TPE
I have wondered for a while why we decided to move to a 10 team playoff format. I don't really understand the point of having a wildcard round, and in my opinion a league shouldn't operate with over 50% of it's teams qualifying for the post season. It should be a challenge to even make it to the playoffs, and the current system doesn't set up the post season as a reward, but more of a shoe in so long as your team isn't in rebuild mode. You only have to finish among the top 5 of 8 teams in your conference, and in a league where rebuilds happen frequently it rewards teams that are too early into their development. This system actually has benefitted my organization in the past, but despite this I still don't believe that it's a very interesting way to go about selecting the top teams to compete in the league championship tournament. Apart from this, I think the set up of the playoffs is perfect, and there really isn't anything else that I would change.

Task 7 - 3 TPE
I think that the biggest thing I want to focus on for Klaus in this series and moving forward is puck possession. While I currently have strong offensive stats and great defense, I don't have the ability to move the puck up the ice and be the figure head to start an offensive rush. Mediocare puck handling and skating are holding me back, as well as a relatively low (82) face off rating. This means that while I can hold up with many of the great players around the league, I can rarely expect to beat them. If I had time in this series to earn some TPE, I would go about putting it into puck handling and face offs in order to allow myself to gain possession of the start and continue that possession into the offensive end. Because of the fact that the playoffs operate in such a quick fashion, I will be a lot more heavy into this area of upgrades come the offseason where you can expect to see major dumps into those two categories as I strive to be a more multi-dimensional player.

Task 12 - 5 TPE
A. Gunner Soderberg is a bonafide superstar. He's the type of player to go on to be a Nathan MacKinnon, a franchise defining young athlete that is going to be paving his way through his career. I don't think there is any doubt in my mind that Soderberg is going to come up massive for the Barracuda in this series and launch them.
B. Tampa Bay will take the cake on this way. Benjamin Blue has been performing out of his mind throughout the past few seasons, and with his first opportunity to show what he has in a deep playoff run, I think the young netminder is going to perfrom brilliantly for his time between the pipes in what will be an electric series.
C. I expect this to be a tight fought, defensive minded series where each team is going to struggle to put the puck in the net. These two teams consistently keep the score low when playing against each other, and I don't see any reason for this to end any differently this go around. With excellent top four defense from Tampa Bay and a well rounded entire squad for Calgary, it's going to be a massive affair.
D. Honestly I've always been a huge fan of Matt Kholin's name. It might seem boring, but there is some special ring to certain names that join the SHL and this is one of them. While Kholin isn't a top point producer or a game changing player, he is a more than reliable first line center for the Barracuda and holds the title of his name well, showing he can lead through leadership and charisma on the ice.
E. Having actually been able to have many hour-long stick and puck sessions with Cameron down at the ODR by our houses, I can definitely say I would lean this way. Cam is a great guy and is tons of fun to shoot a puck around with, and we've been doing it since we were little kids so why change up the tradition. Although he does think he's better and I don't need his cockiness pouring out on the ice like always.

Task 15 - 3 TPE
SENT

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

Code:

Oh my another VIP event that I get to attend for the S50 Challenge Cup finals! Last year I was able to attend this event while playing in the CC finals themselves, so I wasn't entirely focused on enjoying my time as I needed to focus on winning the championship. However, this year our Edmonton  Blizzard got eliminated in the second round so I am looking to relieve some stress and have a party. I will be going for games 3 and 4 in Calgary as I want to experience the playoff atmosphere in the city of Calgary and see what all the fuss is about. Also, Calgary is close home to Edmonton so the travel towards there isn't as bad compared to going to Tampa. 

The city of Calgary has plenty to offer so I will be looking to hit the local bars, enjoy the rodeo's and staying at the finest 5 star hotel in town to enjoy my time in Calgary. 

Code:
2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)
After a slow start to the regular season, the Dragons have surged of late and have rallied around the #CalgaWe notion of togetherness. On the other side, the Barracuda battled through a difficult East and are led by a very strong young core. Which team are you personally rooting for to take home the Challenge Cup and why?

I am personally rooting for the Calgary  Dragons as now that the Edmonton  Blizzard are eliminated from the playoffs, it would be awesome to see a team from the province of Alberta capture the Challenge Cup. Calgary has shown tremendous resilience after having a mediocre regular season and the fact that they are now competing for the Challenge Cup reminds me of the St. Louis Blues in the NHL. The Blues were last place at one point in regular season and wound up winning the Stanley Cup. The Calgary  Dragons will look to this as an example that as long as you make the playoffs, all bets are off as to who will be able to hoist the Challenge Cup when all is said and done. 

Code:
12. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

B. Kata Vilde and Benjamin Blue are two of the best goaltenders in the league - which team has the advantage in net?

A. Both Mike Izzy and Gunnar Soderberg have been dominant and important players for their respective teams in the S50 SHL playoffs. However, I believe that Mike Izzy from the Calgary  Dragons will be more dominant compared to Gunnar Soderberg from the Tampa Bay  Barracuda Mike Izzy has generated an impressive 13 goals and 10 assists in only 13 games which equals 23 points. He also has a +17 rating while averaging 24 minutes in the playoffs. Gunnar has produced 7 goals and 11 assists in 12 games as well which is impressive but compared to Mike it is hard to compare the two. My edge goes to Mike Izzy for being more dominant in this series.

B. Kata Vilde and Benjamin Blue are both walls for their teams and have been a while now in the SHL. Kata Vilde of the  Dragons has posted a 12-1 record with a .931% save percentage, a GAA of 2, one shutout and has allowed 27 goals so far in these playoffs. Benjamin Blue of the  Barracuda has posted a 8-3-1 record with a .922% save percentage, a GAA of 2.71, one shutout as well and has allowed 34 goals so far. Just looking at the statistics alone, the edge in goal will have to go to Kata Vilde of the Calgary  Dragons

C. I expect the series between the Calgary  Dragons  and the Tampa Bay  Barracuda  to be a extremely close, but there will be games of high-scoring affair and low-scoring affairs. So a mixture of the two is what I see playing out in this series. I can see Tampa putting up a strong fight against the  Dragons  but ultimately the Calgary  Dragons are so much more deep overall compared to the  Barracuda

D. My favourite player name for the S50 SHL Challenge Cup finals would have to be Rainbow Dash from the Calgary  Dragons The name Rainbow Dash sounds like a racetrack in the game of Mario Kart, or could be the name of a horse in a track meet. This player name is the one that stands out to me as being the most unique and interesting from both teams in the S50 Challenge Cup finals. 

E. Out of the four options presented to me, I will have to go with the "Chicken Parm Sandwich from Esa" Food is one of the best things about life and now that I am finished with the season in the SHL, I can enjoy more meals and I have heard legendary things from Esa's Chicken Parm Sandwiches and can't wait to get my hands on one. 

Code:

In these playoffs I played extremely poor, I had no points and went a -6 for the Edmonton  Blizzard Even though I have managed to get my defence to the max of 99, I still have a long ways to go to becoming a 200 foot player in the SHL. For S51 I am looking to work on my skating. It is currently sitting on a 85 rating and I hope to get it to 90 ASAP. I am not the biggest or most physical player so I need to rely on my skating to avoid body-checks and help get the puck out of the zone, or dish it to one of my teammates so they can take a shot at the opposing net. Skating is also one of my players strengths (my other two are defence and passing), once I get my strengths all the way to 99 I hope I can be a go to player in the SHL for many years to come. But for this upcoming season, skating is the one area I look to focus on and improve. 

Code:
15. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)
D. From these two teams, which player had the most PIMs in the S50 regular season? (Look, I'll even give you a link to the index right below this code box. When I posted the link directly, it auto-corrected the colon + slash into a partial frown face; it looks funny and the link still works so i'm leaving it)

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S50 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

PM'D

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Code:

Since I get to go on yet another all expenses paid trip to a homestand in the finals, I’m choosing to go to Tampa Bay. I think it would be nice to get out of cold Canada for a little bit and get down to Florida for some sunshine. I’d wake up early and take a charter boat out fishing for some marlin and sharks. I’d make sure to have enough Vodka to really make it a party. I’m hiring a ton of strippers to come hang out on the boat as well. It’s going to truly be a party boat. Vodka, strippers, and stripers. Perfect. Then, afterwards I’d take a quick nap and then head out to the game. You know, I’m ordering all the top flight drinks while at the game. I’m even bringing my favorite stripper. Afterwards, I’d hit the town and party for a while, probably stay out most of the night before finally crashing in my waterfront penthouse suite. I’d probably wake up the next day and do it all again.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S50 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in this reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

In the alternate reality playoffs, the Toronto Noth Stars are your Challenge Cup Champions. Mika Kandinsky and Mikhail Lokitonov both score over 40 points in the playoffs carrying their team on their backs. A lights out playoff run from Harry Carpet is what really seals the deal for Toronto. After taking the Barracuda to seven games, the North Stars rally and put up a ton of goals to snag the win. From there on, Harry Carpet goes nuts and has a save % of .962. With the offense of the Dragons stymied by a brick wall in net, it leaves Mika and Mikhail the opportunity to absolutely scorch the competition leaving the Dragons slain in their wake. Harry Carpet would go on to win playoff MVP for stopping on average, 50 shots per game. This would be so Toronto could focus on offense, which is what they do best. The rebuild would be declared over, and Toronto would be crowned champions. Then Mika woke up from his dream and was back in the hotel with the strippers.

Code:

One area of my game that I know I need to improve on in the offseason is my defense. I want to be a dominant two way player, and while I feel pretty confident in my game, I know defense is one aspect I can definitely expand on. I want to have the puck on my stick more and more, and I know how much work it takes to get the puck back from the opponent at this level. So I’m going to be working extra hard on my defense so that my positioning and awareness away from the puck will be improved for next year. With more defensive anticipation, I can make plays to break up the opponents’ possession and get going down the ice in the other direction, quickly. I’m going to do this by watching a lot of old game tape and see if I can predict any and all puck movements by the other team before they happen. I want to see if I can start to detect the play happening 3 passes ahead of the current play. Then, I’m going to get out on the ice in practice and try to apply that vision and forward thinking. I think anticipating the right plays to happen will be the biggest addition to my defensive game. It will also make me a lot stronger on the counter attack.

Code:
Code:

I think as far as rule changes go, that offisde calls needs to be looked at urgently. For one thing, I don’t think offside should be a challengeable call at all. I think that if a ref isn’t able to catch offsides, then it wasn’t a big deal and probably didn’t effect the play in any way. So, first thing is first, is that the offisde challenge should be abolished completely. After that is out of the way for the short term, I think the entire rule needs an overhaul. Here is my proposal: Once the puck crosses the red line, offsides is voided. Once the puck enters the zone, offsides will come back into effect. If the puck comes out, the team must tag up before re-entering the zone. It is now a penalty to have any player to enter the other team’s zone before the puck crosses the red line. I think this change would give the play more flexibility while also not promoting cherry picking. Basically, once the puck is on that side of the zone, it’s open game. But once the puck crosses the blue line, the classic offside rule is back in play until the puck is cleared from the zone. In which, it resets back. Any offensive player who was in the zone at the time of the clear must now skate out of the zone and will not be permitted to touch the puck until they leave the zone first.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Who's the best player that you have witnessed in the SHL never to make it to the Challenge Cup finals? Or what player that hasn't made it to the finals is most deserving and why? Were they close? Was theirs a story of hearbreak? Is there still hope in the future? (150+ words

Mikhail Lokitonov is without a doubt the best player I've ever seen who has not been to a Challenge Cup Finals. ML is the most dominant player in the league. He’s an absolute man-beast. His last 4 seasons saw him score, 61, 54, 62, and 67 points! He’s absolutely incredible on the ice. He does it all, he hits like a monster throwing over 200 hits per season. He plays heavy minutes and is used in all situations. He is a player that makes everyone around him better. For an example, Mika Kandinsky scored 62 points as a rookie while playing on ML’s right wing. That is the ML effect at work there. It’s incredible that such a good player has seen so little success in the SHL. Until this season, ML had never won a single playoff series. I think it is obvious that ML is easily the best player who has never seen a Challenge Cup Finals series.

Code:

I think Mike Izzy is set to have a better series than Gunnar Soderberg. Soderberg might be hot coming into the series, but Izzy has all of the experience in the world coming into it. I think Izzy’s leadership and experience is going to give him a pretty big edge over Soderberg in the series and I won’t be surprised to see Izzy outscore Soderberg by at least 7 points in this series.

16 tpe

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2019, 07:47 AM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)

My player is gonna be going to one of the games in Tampa, preferably game one. Usually I enjoy the cold and winter, but who could resist some sunny beach time in Florida at this time of year, just as the days are getting dark and cold pretty much everywhere else? It's also a region of the country that nobody from my family has really been before as they spent their player careers on the Coasts, in Canada or the Midwest, but never in the South of the US. On top of that, I expect the atmosphere in the city to be really vibrant as their team has made the finals for the first time since relocating there. The fans will be really hyped and crazya and its always fun to see that, especially in a non-traditional market. Contrast that with Calgary who is a great team from a great city of course, but is also so saturated with success at this point that people hardly care if they won another cup or not because they just have so damn many.

Quote:2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)

I don't really have a strong emotional connection to either franchise but my team, the Los Angeles Panthers, lost to the Calgary Dragons in the wildcard round and we were actually the only team in the West to even win a game against them. So that makes me wonder, should i cheer for them so that we can at least say that we lost against the eventual Champions, or should I root against them because they beat us and because they have so much hardware to them already. Tampa Bay sure has a certain underdog charme to it but then again, I prefered the Seattle iteration of the franchise even though I understood the move. So yeah, pretty undecided on this one so I'm just gonna hope for some good games!

Are there any changes to the playoff format you'd like to see implemented? More wild cards? Move to a single-elimination to bring about even more chaos? 999-game series to minimize chaos? Be creative!

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)

I would love to tighten the rules when it comes to obstruction, the hooking, the grabbing on, the stick infractions, all the little stuff that many people seem to take as granted as part of the game, but which I think is quite annoying and lowers the overall quality of the game. Right now we basically punish players for wanting to play a skill game and this has nothing to do with toughness. If you are too late or have bad positioning and have to make up for that with little holds and hooks then you aren't tough, you are lazy. We should force players to work on their defensive awareness, their positioning and their footwork instead of allowing them to take lazy shortcuts to hold back those who threaten to outplay them. The actual physical aspect of the game should remain untouched of course, checks and tough board battles are an integral part of the game and skill should never be an excuse for not having to outwork your opponent.

Quote:12. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

A. You just can't beat Mike Izzy's veteran presence, his hard-working attitude and almost painful positivity that may rub some people around the league the wrong way, but makes him a super popular guy among his teammates who continues to inspire and motivate them. Oh and yeah, scoring 30 points in the postseason? That's pretty good too.
B. I'm going with Benjamin Blue on this one, not just due to the homer factor as he is my goalie on Team Germany, but also because he has already performed very well in his still relatively young career. On top of that, while Tampa Bay played a great season they aren't a team with as much proven skill and veteran power as the Calgary Dragons, so carrying them through this season and into the finals was a bigger achievement.
C. I would expect this to be a rather low-scoring series because both teams rock a very solid goaltender and over the course of the season, they have shown that the key to success isn't having one individual superstar who scores 60 points, but a combination of players who work hard and stay disciplined as a team. Well, Tampa Bay had Kristaps Ball but then again, he was a Defender who outscored all his forward colleagues by at least 10 point, so that only kinda reinforces my point.
D. I'm a sucker for simple, more or less realistic (some may say boring) names, maybe with a country-spefic focus, so some people that come to mind would be Bernik Vrzala, Matthew Guzman, Gunnar Söderberg or Olivier Cloutier. But then again, family legacies are also fun (duh) so for that I think I might have to go with Nikolai Evans or Nick Pedersen Jr.
E. I mean, what kind of question is this? Cookiiiiiieeees!!! It's a shame that we have a 50 word requirement here because really all I need to tell you is that cookies are delicious and thats it. But then again, I have never had a chicken parm sandwich in my life and, quite frankly, I don't quite get the hype, so maybe it might be time to try one of these as well...
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2019, 07:55 PM by Buster.)

Code:

If I had the choice between going to games 1 and 2 in Tampa or 3 and 4 in Calgary, I'm absolutely going to games 1 and 2 in Tampa. The biggest reasoning for this is that Calgary is cold man. Canada is finally starting to get snow now that it is November and due to living in LA year round playing for the Panthers, I'm absolutely not dealing with the snow for any more than I need to. So for the simple fact that I don't have to deal with snow, I'm going to Tampa. To run up Eggy's tabs, I'm going to every single beach in Tampa and finding every single babe I can. Each one of them is coming to my private box for all expenses paid games one and two. Drinks, food, drinks and more food. I'm giving them the LA lifestyle in Tampa and I'm doing it all on the commissioner's dime.

Code:
157 words

Code:

The team I'm rooting for in the Challenge Cup finals is the Calgary Dragons. The biggest reasoning is that the Dragons beat the Panthers in round one. It absolutely sucks not being able to make it further in the playoffs but to lose to the eventual champions is a good barometer as to where your team is at. Also, Mike Izzy still scares me. I feel like if I go against him, he's going to take that big man body of his and drive me through a wall. I'm trying not to go out on long term injury so I'm just going to continue cheering for Izzy while keeping my mouth shut.

Code:
112 words

Code:

The biggest change I would like to see to the SHL playoff format is a more MLB style playoff system. In the MLB, the players play 4 rounds. Round one is a single elimination wild card game, round two is five games while the last two rounds are seven game series. The biggest reason I want to see this is for engagement reasons. The wildcard round only allows for 4 teams to be engaged for a few days and prolongs the playoffs needlessly. By making it single elimination, it gives the option for giant PBPs to determine who makes it and who walks, sort of like how the MLB makes the wildcard games a huge deal, while making the playoffs go a little quicker. Same with the second round being cut down, it allows for the season to end a little quicker while still making it a series. The biggest opposition would be from GMs wanting a full wildcard series in order to make adjustments but I argue that if you aren't confident enough in your team winning one game, you aren't confident enough to win 4 games in a series. This is a game 7, play it as such. This gets to the off-season faster which in turn gets to the next season and full engagement quicker.

Code:
218 words

Code:

Code:

I think the obvious answer here is that Mike Izzy will continue to be the legend he is and have a dominate Challenge Cup finals. He is really the perfect player who can do it all. He can score, he can hit, he's a man rocket. Tampa will have their hands full with the SHLs best player.

Code:
57 words

Code:

Between the two goalies, I think I give them advantage to Benjamin Blue for completely arbitrary reasons. Blue is a creature of habit and has a very Craig Anderson like career. He is very good one year and not as good the next. Thankfully for Tampa, this year is an on year for the goaltender. I think he has the ability to hold onto that hot streak for 7 more games before crapping out next season.

Code:
76 words

Code:

I think this will be a high scoring series because each team has the talent on the top to make that happen. Tampa Bay has the surprising Soderberg and Roenick up front leading a balanced offence, with Ball having an absolutely lights out season this year on the backend providing crazy offense. On the other side, we have Izzy, Shooter and Driftwood doing what they do best. The goaltending is good, but the scoring ability will just be too much to handle.

Code:
82 words

Code:

As much as I want to make my favourite name Shooter McGavin because it rolls off the tongue so well, I'm going a different route. My favourite player name is Tampa Bay's Shooter McGavin II. The kid has only played 8 minutes in the playoffs but I love the name because it feels like such an accidental slight towards Calgary. It's a way of saying fuck you we have our own Shooter. I love it.

Code:
75 words

Code:

If I had to pick one finals food item, I would have to pick a chicken parm sandwich from Esa himself. In all fairness, I stopped reading after that choice because this sandwich has been so famous for so long. The sandwich as gained a legend of its own and I feel like I finally need to have one to see if it lives up to it's infamy.

Code:
68 words

Code:
15. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)

PMed answers to PT Director

16/16

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2019, 08:39 PM by StamkosFan.)

Code:
I'm rooting for the Barracuda as in real life, I personally am from Tampa and am a die hard Tampa fan. I also really am a fan of young teams, and a lot of my Swedish players are on the team. Gotta support my fellow countrymen, especially as the Swedish Federation head. And of course, you have to pull for the under dog. It would be a Cinderella season and a major surprise for everyone. Also, Calgary has won way too much and it's time for them to have a reversal of fate. Weren't they allegedly rebuilding just two or three years ago?

Code:
I would like to see changes to the amount of time it takes playoffs to be simmed, which I feel should be much shorter than it currently is. Playoffs last for weeks of real time with the current format, and I think it would be much faster and enjoyable if we simmed an entire round in the span of a single day. SBA does this, in fact they sim an entire round in a single sim. We are not basketball of course, but we could still learn something from them. We could have the first 3 games in the morning, whatever is needed done in the evening. Gives GMs some chance for changes without the ridiculous, fun-sapping system of test simming. We would lose less players from boredom this way. When you're not in the playoffs, offseason seems endless, like an infinite loop of nothingness. The modern time rewards speed, and we need to conform to that standard to grow and improve ourselves. There's no need to disengage a substantial portion of our player base season after season.

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)As competition ramps up for the playoffs, players (both those still in and those eliminated) work extra hard to improve areas of their game that are lacking. What one area of your game do you really needs to focus on improving and how will this benefit the team?
I need to finish improving my faceoffs all the way to the max so that I can have a strong faceoff percentage next year. With the plan for me to take over the 1C role for New England next season, I need to be as good at the dot as possible. I have to live up to Anders Christiansen's standards, which will be a challenge, but one that I am readily embracing. Draws are extremely important for possession, and possession keeps the other team from rushing in on our goalie while simultaneously giving us a chance to make a play and enter their zone. I have not played center since playing 3C for Winnipeg in my sophomore season, so it has been awhile. I want to be elite now rather than just someone who was desperately needed to fill a role. I have high standards and I want to ensure that as a center, I have as much of a positive impact on the team's performance as possible.

Code:

A. I believe that Izzy, with all of his experience and insane amount of TPE, has to reign supreme here. He is the paragon of consistency and has been elite for many years; one of the best, most long-lasting veterans in the game today. I expect him to continue his hot streak and contribute in every regard.
B. I think Kata Vilde has the advantage, just based on the TPE difference. Vilde has maxed just about everything and like Izzy, has a ton of playoff experience. The Barracuda will be hard-pressed to find a weakness; Vilde is able to cover the entire net, react as quick as lightning, and snatch the most blazing slap shots out of mid air with ease. He's just one of the best in the game today, and that's why I think the Dragons have the edge.
C. I expect it to be a high scoring season, since both teams have some big guns that can pace at a point per game or above. I think both teams want to play a fast-paced, open game, and due to these similarities, I think it will be a competitive series rather than the easy win for Calgary as it seems on paper. This one could go down to the wire.
D. Maui, a defenseman for the Tampa Bay Barracuda, has my favorite name by far. It is just so cool to have a name that is only a single word, no last name, and it's a short, fancy-sounding name. I suspect it's a reference to Moana, so he's managed to turn a Disney character into a hard-edged hockey player. Quite hilarious and amusing.
E. I would definitely choose cookies from c00kies, as who doesn't love a mega dose of sugar? It's hard to mess cookies up so it would be shocking if it was bad. I suppose the flavor could be off but I like almost every flavor, from chocolate to sugar to peanut butter to even oatmeal raisin, one that is unpopular with most folks. Would be quite the treat.

Code:

Sent

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2019, 09:20 PM by awils13.)

Code:

At the end of the day I don’t really care who wins, and if it were an option I’d prefer neither team to win, but I guess if I had to choose someone here I’d go with Calgary. Not because we lost to Tampa or some recent comments, I want Hamilton to become the most successful team in the Eastern conference, so I’d rather see a western team win. Calgary also has my former teammate in juniors Bernik Vrzala who was called up the season before we won the 4 star cup, so it would be nice to see him win. I hope he scores some goals too because he literally never does, and imagine if he gets the series winner?

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Who's the best player that you have witnessed in the SHL never to make it to the Challenge Cup finals? Or what player that hasn't made it to the finals is most deserving and why? Were they close? Was theirs a story of hearbreak? Is there still hope in the future? (150+ words)

I have to go with my teammate and current linemate Robert Phelps. Phelps hasn’t had insane peaks like Visser or Lokitonov but he’s been very consistent throughout his career as he’s never had a season below 50 points. It’s been a while since Hamilton won the challenge cup or even made it to the finals. I heard this team was stacked in the early 40’s and had good regular seasons but wasn’t able to figure it out in the playoffs. Then around S46 Hamilton went into a rebuild mode as the previous core started to decline. Phelps is one of the last players from the old Hamilton era and he’s still very good, which speaks volumes to how talented he is. It would be nice to see him win a cup and I do think there is hope in the future. This Hamilton roster is very young but give it 4-5 seasons and they should be among the top players in SHL. Phelps might not be as elite then but he’ll be good enough to contribute to a cup winning team.

Code:

I know I will be working hard on my faceoff skills in the offseason. I always aspired to be a top-line center and I played center in juniors, but I started my SHL career as a right winger alongside Robert Phelps. I had a very high FO% in juniors but after a few games in SHL it became apparent that I just wasn’t ready to center a line yet. Through two seasons I won 51 faceoffs out of 141 (36%) which is terrible. I’d like to get my FO% to an acceptable 47-48% by next season, I think having more versatile players that can play both wing and center will help the team a lot. Besides, we don’t really have a good #2 option beside Phelps, our current second line center is a natural winger and he’s struggled at the dot as well. I’m not sure where I slot in the lineup next season but I know if can improve my faceoff skills it will give our coaching staff more flexibility.

Code:
8. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)
Which player from Calgary or Tampa Bay would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

I would bet on Atlas Rush from Calgary to win at least one Jeff Dar Trophy in his career. It feels like you need 150-200 hits to be considered for this award, and Rush is a power forward with 72 checking. He had over 150 hits in juniors this season, and I expect him to be a 200 hit player during his prime seasons. Another thing Rush has going for him is being mentored by Mike Izzy who has won multiple Dar trophies and is pretty much an ideal power forward for today’s game. This award tends to go to centers and Rush is a winger, but he’s still a solid bet to win it.

Code:

Quote:A. Each team enters these finals with a red hot superstar - longtime league legend Mike Izzy for Calgary and surprise breakout star Gunnar Soderberg for Tampa Bay. Which of these players will have a more dominant finals?

Mike Izzy has 1728 tpe, Gunnar Soderberg has 930 tpe so Izzy is much more likely to put up good stats in the finals. Not only that, Izzy is being used on the top line/top PP while Soderberg is on the second line/PP. Izzy averages almost 25 minutes per game. It’s nice to see a young player from the S47 draft class making an impact but Izzy seems like a safe bet here.

Quote:B. Kata Vilde and Benjamin Blue are two of the best goaltenders in the league - which team has the advantage in net?

If you look at tpe the answer is easily Vilde. But I feel like for goalie builds there isn’t much difference after 1.0-1.2k tpe so it’s pretty much down to RNG luck. Both goalies are on hot streaks at the moment but I’m gonna go with Blue, simply because Vilde has an insane .931 sv% which is bound to come down.

Quote:C. Do you expect this to be a high-scoring series or a low-scoring series? A mix? Do you think it'll be competitive or will one team run away with it?

As previously mentioned, both teams have good goalies so it would be logical to assume a low-scoring series but in simon t you rarely get what you expect so I think it will be a high-scoring series. Both teams seem to be evenly matched so it should be a close series, I won’t be surprised if it goes to 7 games.

Code:

sent

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2019, 09:34 PM by bbjygm.)

Code:
I'm going to Games 1 and 2 in Tampa. First off I get to see the start of the series, which I think is the most exciting part of any series. Secondly I get to go to Florida so that means enjoying the sweet, sweet sunshine on the beach and allegedly some very high quality parties. So I'm going to the nicest hotel because that'll cost a ton of money. Ordering a suite in a five star hotel is a great start to the trip. Then I'm getting room service every night which I'm basically gonna turn into an all you can eat buffet, just ordering way more than I could ever consume. I won't forget about the alcohol and inviting a bunch of people over to enjoy the free food. Then I'm having Eggy pay for tons of souvenirs like t-shirts, because why not shop for stuff I don't need if someone else is paying for it.
Code:
I think I'm rooting for Calgary just because I think they have a great roster and are a franchise with a lot of history behind them. They have veterans like Mike Izzy who are people that are really looked up to around the league and have set a great example for entire generations of SHLers. The Dragons have also really showed their passion. They really fought to make it this far and remind me a lot of what the Blues did in real life. I would like to see a similar story in SHL. It's a great reminder to never give up and that it's not how you start it's how you finish.
Code:
More wild cards might be good because there are some teams like our team, New England, this year who couldn't make it due to fluky luck but have the roster to compete. Skilled players should always be there over teams that have minimal talent and just a a handful of good players, one line teams, and this would give the opportunity for that to correct itself. This might help weed out funky issues like that and give teams that deserve to be there based on skill a chance to claw their way up the ladder. It would also add excitement and give teams near the bottom a reason not to just give up. It guarantees that the best lower tier teams are brought up to face the challengers that await them in round 1. It adds an extra element of randomness and really cements the fact that the regular season is worth peanuts, the playoffs are what count and where a team's fate is decided once and for all.
Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S50 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in this reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

In an alternate reality, the Buffalo Stampede were hungry to win another cup and came in with a crazy start. They destroyed Hamilton, looking mighty dangerous and with an crazy amount of offensive firepower, and came to challenge Tampa, who had still made it to this point. Everything other than Buffalo making it was the same up to the semi finals. But then there was another difference. Calgary faltered in this round and was defeated in seven games by the New Orleans Specters, who narrowly escaped with a win. Tampa's Benjamin Blue had a break down against Buffalo after being heroic and rock-solid all season, letting in goal after goal. Tampa barely dodged a sweep by winning game 4 in overtime, but it made little difference in the end. Buffalo won in 5 games and was now looking for a repeat of two seasons ago. That takes us to who is in the Challenge Cup: Buffalo vs New Orleans, vying for supreme glory.
Code:

A. Mike Izzy should have the more dominant finals. He has so much talent and is one of the best two-way forwards to ever have played in the SHL. He has always been a great goal scorer and I imagine he will continue to impress in the finals. Soderberg is up and coming and might overtake him in a few years, but for now Izzy has the advantage.
C. I expect this to be a low scoring series since there are great goalies on both sides who have consistently posted very solid numbers. I expect it not to be very competitive, I'm really shocked the Barracuda even made it to the finals. I expect Calgary to win the series easily in 4 or 5 games.
Code:

Done

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2019, 09:39 PM by Hallsy.)

Code:

Tampa Bay, Calgary has won a lot of challenge cups and it is nice to see a team that hasn't won in a long time to win over a team that has done it numerous times in the last decade. It just sucks for the league to see the same teams winning and winning every season. Tampa Bay winning will be great because I think it would be the first cup but I haven't looked at their history lately and honestly it would be good for the league if they won versus calgary winning in my mind.

Code:

I would like to see more teams in the playoffs to be honest just to see if that will have any impact in terms of how lucky you gotta be and just make it tougher to make it through teams to win the challenge cup. I want to see teams go through rounds and rounds of playoffs and battled hard against other teams and you could honestly do this by adding more games to the series too to make it, even more, harder to win a bunch of rounds and honestly playoffs are just too short and should be a little longer in my mind. I know some people would not like this but this means that we would get more tpe a week if playoffs are generally longer and honestly I just dont like people missing the playoffs as I feel like its a time where people could go inactive because nothing happens for a while during the off-season.

Code:
Code:

The league should get rid of icings and get red of offside, to be honest. Just make the game weird and different than the NHL. it will be interesting to see how coaches would adapt to these changes as these things have been a big part of the game for a very long time. Maybe there will more stretch passes, more cherry-picking and maybe teams try to spread there teams out more to see if they can generate more offense. The game today is a grind and grind and honestly making a change to make it wackier will be great and make the game different and more interesting might be more appealing to the fans and maybe it will make the leagues stand out versus the NHL and more people might enjoy the new style of the shl and we would get a bigger following and will be great for the owners.

Code:
Which player from Calgary or Tampa Bay would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

Flacko Lagerfield has the potential to win an individual award in a future season because he is by far the best player on his team in terms of high-end talent on Tampa Bay and he will have to do a lot of the heavy carrying plus sometimes in regression especially the early years of regression. Players tend to have their career years especially with your first player as they kinda know how sths works better and know what areas they need to get rid of in terms of tpe and will be a better player for it because of it.

Code:
Mike Izzy will have the more dominant finals because he has the history of being a great player in the playoffs. He also plays a 200 foot game and being a leader and a veteran I feel will give him an edge vervus Gunnar Soderberg in this series in my mind.

Code:

Kata Vilde, He has the better defense in front of him and his team has people who have been to the finals and won. They will know how to defend leads late with a minute left and generally know how to play better in pressured situations that will allowed vilde to be better than blue.  

Code:

I expect this series to be a mix of high-scoring and low-scoring series. I feel like sths is random and honestly it is rng and the game will be different depending on how many penalties are taken and I dont feel like any of the teams will run away with it and it will actually be a close game.

Code:

My favorite player in the series is Maui. I just like how simple his name is you know just a one-word name no first name or last name don't really know which one to be honest. he just has a mysterious element to him that I kinda like to be honest.

Code:

This is tough because I don't know what kind of cookies. If it is sugar cookies though I have to go with the chicken parm sandwhich however if they are not sugar cookies, then I will get a tray of cookies and share them with my team mates on Hamilton.

Code:
Sent
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2019, 02:18 PM by HoltzFan10.)

Code:
--

I am personally rooting for the Tampa Bay Barracuda instead of the Calgary Dragons, because, of course, I play for the Tampa Bay Barracuda. Why would I root against my own team? such a silly question. I feel that the #CalgaWe movement the Calgary Dragons are trying to pull off is just a way to give their fans a false hope of actually having a chance :shakyeyes: The Tampa Bay Barracuda have a strong chance with their previously mentioned young core and veteran goalie Benjamin Blue. Mike Izzy and his wobblyin old knees don't stand a chance against the water dogs.

----

Code:
--

I feel that Benjamin Blue Can pick up some serious hardware at the end of this season and the next few upcoming seasons, until he retires in the VERY far future. Blue already picked up an IIHF Gold medal this past season, and now he has the chance to bring home the Khan, MVP of the playoffs, MVP of the regular season, the McBride for best goalie, and also the McBride every other season at the least because Simon T said so. No one knows why. But, he also has a high chance at getting none of the previously mentioned awards, so who fuckin knows.

----

Code:

I feel that Gunnar Soderberg will continue his hot streak, running far ahead of Mike Izzy and his wobbling, old, round knees, because Gunnar Soderberg is a young and fresh water dog ready to chomp chomp on those dragons and put out their heat. Also, sorry Izzy, but Gunnar is just that much more epic.

Code:

Duh, Benjamin Blue! Benjamin Blue has the obvious lead, as he has the better team in front of him, and has the advantage in skill, and also has the advantage of simon T luck for who knows what reason. Regardless, Benjamin Blue also has the advantage of momentum from previous playoff series as he was the underdog.

Code:

I expect it to be a very low scoring series with two young veteran studs in between the pipes. Despite the offensive powerhouses both teams have, Benjamin Blue and Kata Vilde are two of the best goalies in the league right now. They can easily dominate and control this series to what they want.

Code:

Obviously Benjamin Blue is a spectacular name. Blue is just one of the best colors to exist on planet earth, after lime green of course. Also, Benjamin is one of those special name with so many nicknames that are able to come from it, for example, Ben, Benji, Benny, etc.

Code:

This is a very hard decision. A custom feet pic from JSS sounds like it could be heaven, but it could also as easily be like hell. although, an hour long session with dick and fuck, oh sorry, I mean stick and puck, is intriguing but could also make me very sore

----

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
--
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Well, since I want to just write this part of the championship week already and get it over with, I will write an argument for who I would vote to get MVP for both parties. For the Tampa Bay Barracuda: easily Benjamin Blue. Benji Blue is essentially the player that, with the help of Simon T, not gonna lie, carried the Tampa Bay Barracuda into the Finals. He is the entire backstopper of the Tampa Bay Barracuda and they all rely on him to preform. And he does. For the Calgary Dragons: either Kata Vilde or Mike Izzy. Izzy's old, round, wobbly knees might be wobblin but they sure are fast. But on the other hand, Kata Vilde does an outstanding job in net to help them to where they are right now.

----

Code:

done!

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Task 1

I think this one is pretty simple for me, I’m going to Tampa Bay. Has nothing to do with the teams in the Challenge Cup finals or who I think will win, I just think with the time of the year and the weather getting colder, I much rather go to Tampa Bay and enjoy some sunshine. I’ve been to Tampa, and there’s not too much to do, but I can sure as hell find some very expensive restaurants, I can find some bars and/or clubs – depending how I feel – and if all else fails, I’ll just spend a ton of money for drinks at the beach.

I’ve never been to Calgary, and I’m sure it’s nice, but when we’re currently in November, Tampa has the very nice sunshine that I would love to enjoy. All I need is a few good drinks, some sun, some music, and I’m going to be more than alright. Take me to Tampa boys!

Task 2

I think this one is pretty self-explanatory: Tampa Bay Barracuda. Firstly, I’m in the West and the Dragons and Panthers aren’t the friendliest of enemies. Secondly, I’ve got my friend Joln Dubolk in in Tampa, who was a part of the Whalers Four Star Cup win when I was down in Vancouver. On top of that, Dubolk is also the Whalers GM and I’m part of the management team there, so I still have ties with him there. Would like to see a friend of mine win the Challenge Cup. That being said, I look forward to watching a good series, but I’ll be cheering a little more for Tampa.

Task 3

Playoff format change? I like this. Lots of debate over the wildcard format, the old NHL format of playing 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, etc. However, why not go back to the old school ways and seed all the playoff teams from 1 to 8 and match them up this way? We’re in a sim league, we don’t have to worry about travel time and fatigue and this would be the true test to see if the top teams really can find themselves in the finals, even if they’re in the same conference.
I think this would add some excitement and some potential interesting matchups we never get to see. This could feed and create some interesting rivalries that we don’t get to see simply because of the nature of the schedule. Members can go up against friends they normally don’t, and could be for a very interesting post season. Bring it on, lets see something different!

Task 4

In my alternate reality, it’s simple: The Los Angeles Panthers are in the Challenge Cup Final. They beat the Calgary Dragons in the first wild card round. After that, they follow it up by beating the New Orleans Specters in a thrilling 7 game series! The Panthers go off to the Western Conference Finals where they meet the Cinderella Texas Renegades who have miraculously made the playoffs and beat some very serious competition. However, their Cinderella run ends at the hands of the Panthers in 6 games. The Panthers go on to the Challenge Cup Finals only to meet the Hamilton Steelhawks. Theo Morgan goes up against his S47 buddies from Vancouver Aaron Wilson, Dale Miller and Jax Duggan. Who will win? Well it’s my alternate reality so the Panthers win. Theo Morgan performs exceptionally and gains bragging rights over his friends to remind them over and over again. I think I would like this reality.

Task 12

A. As much as I like Soderberg, I’m going to side with Izzy on this one. I think Izzy is the more dominant player overall. Not only has he been around the league and dominated at the highest level, he’s also been on the biggest stage before and dominated at that level. I think Soderberg is going to get there, but in this case, I’m going to go with Izzy.

C. I’m going with a mixture. I think both teams have the firepower, but both teams also have some of the best goaltending in the league. Goalies can steal games, but the offense is bound to break out at some point, so I would put my money on a mixture. Overall I think the series will provide plenty of excitement either way.

E. EASY. Chicken Parm from Esa. Why? I like Chicken parm. Who doesn’t? It’s delicious and I would love to see just how good it is, considering he’s made a reputation around this sandwich. I’m Italian and I think I could tell if this chicken parm is any good. Bring on the parm!

Task 15

PM sent

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Code:

Sent @PT Director

[Image: 3.png]