Create Account

S50 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 10:26 PM by BadWolf.)

1. I of course choose to go to Calgary to run up eggys tab. and boy do i have a whole list of things to do! Starting with the Calgary zoo! I am going to see pandas and bears and lions! Oh my! I can not go to any city without going to the zoo, I hoe they have an aquarium as well. Next up on the list of things to do is head to the Glenbow Museum. They have this one exhibit that has beads sewn onto a roll of toilet paper. I have been dying to see it! Do not believe me, look it up! Lastly, before the game of course, would be to go to the calgary tower. It stands at 190.8 meters tall! That has to be close to the Seattle needle. I have also heard the rumors of a revolving restaurant on top of the tower. That is where I must dine. Lastly of course would be the game.  3 TPE

3. Of course there are changes I would like to see made! More wild cards for one is a great idea. More wildcards means more rounds. Only one more round could make it so you could involve more teams. In order for this to not consume too much time, the first two rounds could be a best of three series rather than a best of seven. First one to two wins move on. Mika Mayfield has not made it to but a handful of playoff games. This means she lays at home for months at a time getting lazy. She loses all interest in hockey until draft time when she will buy next years equipment and start to get active again. We could also just do a free for all. The most unfair way I can think of. So you put all the teams in a random generator. That determines the order the play. 1 and 2 play. The winner moves on to play 3. That winner then plays 4... and so on until you have the last team standing. 3 TPE

13.Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
A. Red hot superstar Mike Izzy for Calgary by far had the more dominant finals. I have no actual fact to base this off of, just that I do not know who Soderberg is tbh. Never heard of him. Besides, Izzy got 34 playoff points and Soderberg only got 24. One number is larger than the other.
B. Benjamin Blue vs Kata Vilde, who is better, that is like choosing between cake and brownies. Both are good in their own ways. Overall I would have to say Vilde had to be the better goalie in order to pull out a reverse sweep. A bad first couple of games in order to have an amazing comeback. Can not with a game without the Goalie.
C.Something in me in feeling like this will be a reverse sweep. wink. wink. The first couple of games will be very high scoring (with game one going to tampa 6 to 2) but the series over all will be a nail bitter. Better get some popcorn. Fun fact the overall goals for the finals: TBB - 22, CGY - 20
D.Of course my favorite name for Calgary is Esa Parmborg. Who does not see that and immediately want a chicken parmesan? That amazing hot sandwich with gooey cheese that just shouts success. Preferably on a white hoagie roll but we can get creative. Dang, now I want a chicken parm, see.
E. As per my last reply, clearly the chicken parm. And then to top it off, to get such an amazing food from Esa! Yes please! it was a bit of a hard choice knowing I could get cookies, but at the end of the day a chicken parm is more filling and more delicious. 5 TPE

15. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max Pm Sent

14/15 TPE

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 10:25 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Are there any changes to the playoff format you'd like to see implemented? More wild cards? Move to a single-elimination to bring about even more chaos? 999-game series to minimize chaos? Be creative!

Well, my favored playoff format would probably be the same one as we are using in the Swedish Hockey League. And seeing how the SHL uses the same abbveration, we should just go ahead and adapt the same rules when it comes to the playoffs.
The six teams that finished first are automatically qualified for the playoffs, and then the four next teams have to play qualifying games. Number seven faces number ten and number eight plays number nine in a three game series to see who advances.
However, in this league we've got conferences. Of course it would need some tweaking. I would suggest that we keep the playoff format as it is today, with the difference that i think that the game series should only be 3 games instead of 7. I don't think we need to waste that amount sims on a qualifier. So i think that we are close to the perfect model, but i do think we should cut down the amount of games for the qualifier.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S50 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in this reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

This is universe number 21380. The Los Angeles Panthers has reached the Challenge Cup finals after upsetting victories against Calgary Dragons, San Fransisco Pride and the New Orleans Specters. They went on to the finals against the Tampa Bay Barracuda where they lost the first two games. This is where they called up rookie Disisde Dayudie after getting injuries on the back-end in game two. This seemed to be a genius move, as the young japanese defenseman came through on a high level. It's almost as if he gained some secret power from the time the Lions lost in the playoffs and the time where he was called up to the Panthers. His Lions playoffs wasn't too impressive, he was 3rd on the team in scoring with 3 points in 5 games with a -4 +/-. However in the SHL playoffs he managed to get a 1.5 PPG, scoring 6 points in 4 games to lead the team in PPG over the course of the 4 straight wins they get after he's called up.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Who's the best player that you have witnessed in the SHL never to make it to the Challenge Cup finals? Or what player that hasn't made it to the finals is most deserving and why? Were they close? Was theirs a story of hearbreak? Is there still hope in the future? (150+ words)

My personal (totally not unbiased opinion) is that Robert Andersson is one of the best players in the history of the SHL to never reach the challenge cup finals. I also feel that he was one of the most deserving players of it. His story when it comes to the playoffs is definitely a story of heartbreak, where the Minnesota Chiefs only made it out of the first round one time during is time guarding the net. This despite being arguably the most consistent goalie of SHL history, being nominated for the McBride for a (at the time, not sure now) record breaking six times. Only winning it once though. He should have ended up with another one but the awards commitee thinks that Goals Against Average is a goalie stat that trumps save percentage. The Minnesota Chiefs went on to win the cup the season after Anderssons retirement, which was ofcourse a punch in the gut for the swedish goaltender.

12. Podcast 4 TPE

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bWlZpx-...p=drivesdk

15. Trivia sent. 3TPE max

Should be 16/16

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 03:49 PM by Eggy216.)

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)

Come on @hotdog how many times do I have to tell you, I can't afford this. I'm made of horse fur, not money! It's fine, it's fine, I guess if I won the prize I can work with this. Since we're on my dime I'll be headed to Calgary - I live there already, and come to think of it I'll be on the ice already so I guess it doesn't matter, but still. It's the cheapest option, so I'll save the most money that way. As far as seats, well if I wasn't already going to be on the bench I'd go with nosebleed seats purchased off of a resale site to get the best deal. As far as food, it'll be izzy dogs from a street vendor for me - you won't see me buying that overpriced arena food. After the game I'll be headed to the local Calgary bar for drinks with my teammates - rookies pay, so I'm getting off lucky there as well. Overall it'll be a nice, cheap weekend out so I can save my money for next season when hotdog inevitably screws me again.

2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)

I mean I'm obviously at least just a little biased as a member of the Calgary Dragons myself, but you know how I feel about togetherness and friendship campaigns. That kind of thing is exactly what you want to see from a Challenge Cup competitor. Think about the New England Wolfpack dynasty from S30-S33 - that team rallied around the idea of togetherness like no other, and they were rewarded with three cups in four seasons. Efforts like that have been proven to work in the past, and I think you'll see that this season is no exception. The Calgary Dragons are going to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat and win yet another Challenge Cup, adding to their already historic total.

I personally really like the current setup of the playoffs, including thinking that the current setup really works well because it allows every team to really have their time in the spotlight without bogging us down too much. The wild card games, as part of the actual playoffs, really allow us to have every team play a full series once they've made the playoffs, and doesn't slow down the system because there aren't any play by plays or anything of the sort. That being said, one thing that could potentially be interesting would be to have the number of games increase each series - best of 1, best of 3, best of 5, best of 7 as we get further on in the playoffs. I think this kind of system is what the NLL uses for lacrosse (although I think they go from 1 to 3 and that's it), but it could be interesting because it makes the opening series (one game) just as high pressure as trying to play the finals. The one issue here is that it slightly diminishes the importance of individual games in the finals, and it makes it so that the first game is basically variance. So in the end, like I said - the current format is probably the best one.

5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)

I'd like to see a new rule instituted that would force all players to do figure skating routines in the shootout. Watching players stickhandle their way to the front of the net only to fire the puck wide or straight over the cage? Lame. How about instead everyone has to do a figure skating routine before they shoot the puck, and they get a score out of 9 for the way they performed their routine, with a 10th additional point if they managed to actually score the goal when all was said and done. And make the goalies shoot too while you're at it - it's more fun to watch someone try to do a figure skating routine and shoot a hockey puck when they're weighted down with so much cumbersome padding. While these changes may not be well received at first, we're entering a new era of hockey. Performance is key - just look at the storm surge. I'll bet this ends up taking off and being a great addition to our game before too long.

8. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)

I'd put money on Rainbow Dash winning an award as one of the league's top power forwards before too long. While her growth as a player has been much slower than many were hoping or perhaps expecting, I think you could see her really taking over the two way game once Mike Izzy decides to hang up the skates. That being said, we're talking about the distant future here. I don't think it's likely that Izzy will be retiring any time soon considering the long and illustrious career he's had thus far, but whenever that day comes the Dragons will be set with Rainbow Dash coming up and taking his place.

14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)

This might not be what you're looking for, but I'd have to give it to Mike Izzy. The stuff you don't see in the locker room really comes into play when it comes to winning the Challenge Cup, and Izzy's positive attitude and sunny disposition is what really helped lift the Dragons to victory in this series. With that kind of positive energy so prominent in the locker room and with everyone always looking on the bright side rather than getting down about being in a 3-0 hole, it was a given that the Dragons would come out victorious in this one.

15. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)

Sent

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 06:22 PM by JNH.)

Code:
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Tampa or Games 3 and 4 in Calgary? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (This is the same prompt as last year but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season)

I'll be going to Tampa Bay because who the fuck would want to go to Calgary. I don't want to huff oil, their shit isn't even the good type. A weekend paid for by the commissioner? It's not even one of the top 5 Canadian cities and I'd rather keep paying for myself to live in Chicago than to hop on a plane there for free. Absolutely going to the sunniest spot and probably won't even show up to the games cause I couldn't give an absolute fuck about either team's success. I'll just tell Eggy that I need 4 tickets, pawn them off and buy a bunch of pints to have while on the beach. Probably can get some good coke down there since it's Florida and you don't have to look to hard to find a Florida man who is hanging onto coke. Who knows, maybe Ill take a trip to disney world after or some shit.

Code:
After a slow start to the regular season, the Dragons have surged of late and have rallied around the #CalgaWe notion of togetherness. On the other side, the Barracuda battled through a difficult East and are led by a very strong young core. Which team are you personally rooting for to take home the Challenge Cup and why?

Lmao I'm gonna be rooting for the Barracuda cause "CalgaWe" is one of the dumbest sounding fucking slogans I've ever heard. My ballsack receded into my body upon reading that. I'm going to have to go to the strip club to try and forget about this. You're on the hook for my tab. I really like Esa and honestly like the Dragons as a franchise so I really wish you hadn't told me about this. That's fucking terrible and I hope they lose so we never have to hear some shit like that again.

Code:
Due to some controversial calls during the playoffs, the league is looking at updating the current rules(icing, offside, etc) What new rule or change to a room would you implement to better the game?

If I was to think of a new rule to implement to better the game, it would be that any member of the league who sucks will never win anything. The administrative board (headed by me of course) will receive applications from each team in the league with a list of their roster and why each of their players does/does not suck. I will then decide whether that member is shit or not and then decree whether or not they are allowed to win. Teams will be able to trade the shit member for a member that is less shit to attempt to reinstate their status as a team eligible for winning.

This new rule will coincidentally benefit Chicago and Lethbridge greatly as all the members who aren't on either of those rosters suck so it seems that the cup will by default go to both organizations unless the management teams decide to make some major changes.

Code:
13. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
A. Each team enters these finals with a red hot superstar - longtime league legend Mike Izzy for Calgary and surprise breakout star Gunnar Soderberg for Tampa Bay. Which of these players will have a more dominant finals?

Gunnar Soderberg has to take the cake for this one and there's no doubt about it. No disrespect to the augment, but he's lacking something that Gunnar has. Soderberg has that mom strength and to all those who are unfamiliar - you'll find out soon enough. I'd look for Soderberg to use that mom strength to propel the Barracuda past the Dragons.

B. Kata Vilde and Benjamin Blue are two of the best goaltenders in the league - which team has the advantage in net?

This question is patently false and I refuse to answer it. Neither of these goaltenders are two of the best goaltenders and I have no respect for them, so I'm going to have to go ahead and say that neither team has an advantage in net. They're just going to be praying that their sieve happens to let in less goals than the other team's. The only goalies I have respect for in the SHL are Carpet, Soonika, Nadeau and my boy Sorokin. Feel bad for everyone else.

D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)

Esa Parmborg, duh. As I've briefly mentioned before, I don't like anyone else on either team so that kind of ruled out everyone. And now you're redirecting me back to the question, but the relation is that if I don't like a person then I don't also like their name. I don't dislike someone and then go "but respects cause they got a dope name". Esa's first name is legendary cause it's Esa. Then on the back end he's like half Ray Gillette borg and half Parm, which are both fantastic things.

E. If you could choose any one of the following four options, which would you pick? 1. A chicken parm sandwich from Esa 2. A tray of cookies from c00kies 3. A custom feet pic from JSS 4. An hour long stick and puck session with Jepox

Fucking none of them, they all suck. If I wanted a chicken parm I'd go down to the Deli around the corner that serves better chicken parm. I don't know why I'd get one from Esa, he loves to eat them but that speaks absolutely nothing towards his ability to make them. Cookies from c00kies are worth nothing to be because I have Pillsbury christmas ones in my fridge. 3? No. 4? Who?

Code:
15. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR" (tagged below)
A. As defined by draft class, who is the oldest player in this series?
B. What is the name of the Calgary Dragons' Arena?
C. Name 3 previous names of the Tampa Bay Barracuda franchise
D. From these two teams, which player had the most PIMs in the S50 regular season? (Look, I'll even give you a link to the index right below this code box. When I posted the link directly, it auto-corrected the colon + slash into a partial frown face; it looks funny and the link still works so i'm leaving it)

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S50 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

SENT IN TRIVIA

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Quote:2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)
After a slow start to the regular season, the Dragons have surged of late and have rallied around the #CalgaWe notion of togetherness. On the other side, the Barracuda battled through a difficult East and are led by a very strong young core. Which team are you personally rooting for to take home the Challenge Cup and why?

I think the team I most want to win the Challenge Cup this season would be the Tampa Bay Barracuda. Tampa Bay has had some rough up and downs in the past few seasons and shares some similarities with my own team the Minnesota Chiefs. They have some talented young guns who are leading the charge and working to change the leagues view of the team. Calgary has also won the Cup a few times and the last one was not long ago. This makes it feel less exciting if they win so Tampa gets more points for that as well. I also think the site color scheme would be better with a Tampa Bay victory.

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Alternate Reality: Physicists and other smarties believe that this reality is just one of infinite realities existing alongside this one in parallel. Take us over to one of those realities in which everything is the same but these S50 playoffs have unfolded differently. What happened in this reality's playoffs and who's in the Challenge Cup over there?

For my alternate reality I decided to embrace the chaos and have the Semi Finals be between Minnesota, Las Angeles, Toronto, and Chicago. Since it's an alternate reality I decided to add some different teams to the playoffs just to watch some other have a meltdown. The road to the Semis would see each of those teams sweeping Calgary, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, and Hamilton in games with no less than a 4 goal lead. The semi finals would both go to 7 games with each game going to double OT and culminating in a Toronto vs Minnesota Challenge Cup like we all predicted at the beginning of the season. Just watching the outrage from some members of the community over this result would be pure joy. Since Simon is a cruel god, the finals would all be blow out games until Game 7 which goes to 4 OT's before Collin Gibbles scores a clapper from the blue line like Steve Yzerman did to St. Louis in 1996.

Quote:7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
As competition ramps up for the playoffs, players (both those still in and those eliminated) work extra hard to improve areas of their game that are lacking. What one area of your game do you really needs to focus on improving and how will this benefit the team?
The biggest area of Collin Gibbles' game that he is working on this off season is getting his defensive and play-making ability to be top notch. Gibbles is working hard to make sure he is the best player on the ice that he can be for his team. He takes his role as Team Captain very seriously and wants his on ice performance to reflect all the hard work he has been putting into developing his game with his teammates. Gibbles was already a very good defensive player but by becoming an elite talent for the skill in the SHL he hopes to be able to play against more higher tier opponents and tip the scales in crucial games during the regular season and beyond. He also wants his playmaking to be top notch as it will help improve those around him. The easiest way to make his teammates better is to help them himself and by having crisp passes, the Chiefs should see more scoring in the following season.

Quote:
8. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min)
Which player from Calgary or Tampa Bay would you bet on to win a regular season individual award in a future season? What player and what award? What makes you think they'll live up to their potential and take home the hardware?

I think a future star from the Tampa Bay Barracuda will be Gunnar Soderberg. The S47 draftee has already made quite the impact this post season and I believe they will be a force to be reckoned with in seasons to come as they lead the Tampa Bay core. They have shown that they are capable of performing at multiple levels of competition and I think in the future we will see Soderberg take home a Ron Mexico Award. They have the determination and drive to be a top level player and user in this league and I think this season is only the tip of the iceberg in their player's story.

Task 15 (3TPE): Message Sent

PBE Welfare (3TPE)PBE PT 11/13

Total: 16/16

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

1. Written, 3 TPE
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Tampa or Games 3 and 4 in Calgary? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?
All on Eggy’s tab eh? Well I think I would definitely have to order the opposing city’s local dish and get it shipped. Arriving in Calgary I might as well order a nice Alberta steak for dinner seeing as I am in cattle country or if I am going to Tampa I will have to order a fine array of seafood (bringing my own Crab bib though). I will have to take a Limo everywhere right? No a Limo is too small, Party bus all the way. I should also get some new threads seeing as I am going to be in VIP, A nice suit with a high thread count should do the trick. Maybe a second in case I splash Champagne all over the new suit. Also on that same note I will be only drinking Champagne none of this sparkling wine crap. In the end I would probably spend all my time figuring out where to get this high caliber stuff that I end up missing the game anyway and have to pay it all back. Just my luck.

2. Written, 2 TPE

I am rooting for Tampa here. Excited to see young players pushing up and making a difference for teams. Tampa’s young core should make for a good team not only now but also moving forward to possibly create the next SHL dynasty. It all depends on how much more everyone continues to put in. Calgary has had their time in the sun and it should be time for them to step back as some of their players start to hit more advanced regression. Also there is nothing I love better than a crazy story that starts this one guy in Florida…

Due to some controversial calls during the playoffs, the league is looking at updating the current rules(icing, offside, etc) What new rule or change to a room would you implement to better the game?
Several new rules are being changed with this coming season and several older rules are being modified to catch up with today’s game. Let’s take a quick look.
1. Offside – Offside will now be called if any part of the skates cross the blue line before the puck. While the intention is to clamp down on those who are cherry picking local analysts believe that we will likely see many face plants into the ice as player desperately try and get both their feet back over the blue line.
2. Icing – In a rather strange change Icing will now be enforced if the perpetrator of the icing skates backwards to attempt to retrieve the puck.
3. Distracting – This rule has been implemented because it was determined that too many players were going out of their way to troll their opponents. 4 minutes in the box for this infraction.
4. Tea Bagging – Shocked that such a rule needed to be implemented SHL is sad to report the occurrences of tea bagging after Teeing up a huge hit is drastically on the rise. It has therefore been ruled as an immediate ejection from the game when a player “tea bags” his opponent.

Are there any changes to the playoff format you'd like to see implemented? More wild cards? Move to a single-elimination to bring about even more chaos? 999-game series to minimize chaos? Be creative!
For the Playoffs I would like to see injuries turned back on. Sure it would suck to have your player go down but it might also give rise to the Endurance stat once more. It might give a new player build to work towards, the playoff player. High in endurance so he can with stand the rigors of the post season grind. I think we should definitely give out more Wild card chances. Everyone loves a good underdog story so why not open up more opportunities to it? SimonT is already a coin flip anyway so we might as well have a bit of fun with it. Finally I would like to see 4 teams playing on the same ice surface at the same time. Rinks lined up in a cross pattern and only 1 puck. Teams only score when they put a puck in their assigned oppositions net. Everything else is a free for all.

14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.
Hooray congrats to Calgary! I literally didn’t even realize the playoffs had finished because I tuned out after my team never made the playoffs. So let’s throw this one over to the stats for Game 7! My vote for MVP is going to go to Barry Batsbak. Dude scored his only 2 goals of the playoffs in game 7 elevating his team over Tampa. He also posted a solid faceoff win percent of 63% and was one of the best shooters on the ice that night. Also considering the only initials that would take priority over Barry Batsbak (BB) would be those of Anthony Archers (AA), however he was on Tampa so when you can’t got with plan AA go with plan BB.

15. Casual Member Special, 3 TPE max - SENT

Total Claim 16 TPE

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Tampa or Games 3 and 4 in Calgary? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?

NSFL PT

Code:

I will be rooting for the Tampa Bay Barracuda. It’s their first time playing the finals. They are all young and I would like to see a new champion. Tampa have dominated the East so many seasons but they always failed in the playoffs. I believe this is their year. I also want JSS and his team to win. He put a lot of effort since he became the GM. The team was terrible when he got there and he was able to turn things around and become the best in the East. I couldn’t get him a cup when I was his GM in Detroit so hopefully he gets his own with his new friends!

Code:

What we need in the SHL is more playoffs action because that’s fun. A way we can have more fun is to change the bracket style. Let’s change to a double elimination bracket. With this bracket, there will be more games played and there will be more new matchup since the losing teams will have another chance in the losers bracket and face off each other. With this new format, teams that get upset early could play better in the losers and make a crazy run through and potentially have their rematch against the team that had defeated them. I would like to remove the conference so we likely get different matchups every season. Fans are tired of seeing the same two teams play against in the first round. I would want to see how Tampa Bay can do against the western teams. The West are full of veterans players so it would be interesting to see young cuda against the West.

Code:
13. Written, up to 5 TPE Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.
A. Each team enters these finals with a red hot superstar - longtime league legend Mike Izzy for Calgary and surprise breakout star Gunnar Soderberg for Tampa Bay. Which of these players will have a more dominant finals?

I’m going with the easy pick. Mike Izzy is a legend for a reason. He has won two Challenge Cup and I believe his going to get his third cup. He has been the best two-ways player for so many seasons. He has more experience than Gunnar Soderberg. I bet 1m $ he’s going to shutdown Gunnar in the finals.

B. Kata Vilde and Benjamin Blue are two of the best goaltenders in the league - which team has the advantage in net?

My pick is Benjamin Blue from Tampa Bay. He’s one of the best of the player in the league. He hard carries the Barracuda. I don’t think Tampa Bay would be first-seeded without Blue. Vilde is inconsistent but they have a strong group of defense so it’s going to be a close one between those two goaltenders.

C. Do you expect this to be a high-scoring series or a low-scoring series? A mix? Do you think it'll be competitive or will one team run away with it?

I think it will be competitive. There’s a high chance it would go to game 7. I like Calgary offense. Mike Izzy is still the best even if he doesn’t get those high scoring stats in the regular season. He will always be clutch but they are going against the best goalie. Benjamin Blue will make this series a lot more challenging.

D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)

My favorite player names are Benjamin Blue and Rainbow Dash. I love the color blue and I’m happy Benjamin is having a great career in Tampa. Also their team color is blue and Benjamin is their best player. My Little Pony is one of my favorite TV show when I was a kid. It’s nice to see someone named Rainbow Dash playing in CC finals.

E. If you could choose any one of the following four options, which would you pick? 1. A chicken parm sandwich from Esa 2. A tray of cookies from c00kies 3. A custom feet pic from JSS 4. An hour long stick and puck session with Jepox

I would pick a custom feet pic from JSS. This person has alien toes. I have never seen someone else having alien toes. JSS could be trending in the future if he shows his toes to the world. I would be on the pic so I could become popular and have so many followers on Twitter!

Code:
D. From these two teams, which player had the most PIMs in the S50 regular season? (Look, I'll even give you a link to the index right below this code box. When I posted the link directly, it auto-corrected the colon + slash into a partial frown face; it looks funny and the link still works so i'm leaving it)

sent

[Image: capybar22_600.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2019, 04:49 PM by Emiko.)

PBE PT 3 TPE

Code:
9. Graphics, 3 TPE
Your team is looking to put a new mural outside the locker room. Design what the mural will look like and be sure to represent your team and city!
[Image: TBB_statue.png]

Code:
10. Graphic, 2 TPE
Simple and straightforward - make a promotional poster for the S50 CC Finals. Must include at least one player render and the logos and names of both teams. Option A: make a good graphic. Option B: make a shitty graphic. Either will receive TPE.

[Image: CC_Finals_flyer.png]

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals

[Image: Calgary_Banner.png]

Code:
Kata Vilde and Benjamin Blue are two of the best goaltenders in the league - which team has the advantage in net?

Looking at both of the goalies it is very close to say which one is the more important. However personally i say Blue gives the Barracuda an edge usually. The reason behind this is that he's been on fire all season and is on hot season.This could be seen as how good the defence has been for the Barracuda. However the play seems to go in waves. As a result if this was next season then the other goalie would have a better edge. [Words: 84]

What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name

My favourite player name in the league has to be Flacko Lagerfield. The name is very different compared to the rest of the league and isn't another pun. I like the name Flacko and honestly i can't really say why... Maybe it's due to it sounding like a nickname or second name. Lagerfield is very close to another player i've seen another league that's always been reliable and that's why i like the name Lagerfield! I'm all for none pun name and no dick jokes or sex related jokes! [Words: 89]

Code:

Sent
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2019, 03:55 PM by Steelhead77.)

TASK 1: 3TPE 

Esa Parmborg is already a VIP (Very Immense Person) but he’s happy to gain special SHL VIP status for the Challenge Cup Finals. He’s playing in the series so he can’t blow it out too much and go out on the town, he has to remain focused but can definitely still have some fun after games. Parmborg would obviously choose his home city of Calgary for games 3 and 4. He would run up Eggy’s tab by going out to the newest and most expensive restaurants in town while ordering as much as possible off the menu. The highest priced steaks because he needs to load up on red meat and be truly vicious in the series. He will also order king crab because that’s usually expensive and delicious, then of course he will load up on succulent chicken parm. No desert because he doesn’t want to waste space filling parts of his stomach with sweets that could be filled with protein, especially during the finals. He’s definitely going to put a hurting on Eggy’s bill and be fueled up for the series. (183)

TASK 2: 2TPE

As a Dragons player I’m obviously rooting for the Calgary Dragons. We have so many great people in the organization, good quality people that deserve to win. Some of them are new first generation players and have never won the Challenge Cup, I would love to see them win it this season. Another reason is this team was built from the ground up, we have 18 Calgary Dragons draft picks on this current roster, a true home grown team and this would be the most dragons draft picks we’ve ever won a cup with. It’d be pretty incredible to win with this special group. We started this rebuild in S45, drafted well, developed our guys and stuck with them, it’s primarily a young roster with a few key vets. We've always wanted to win a cup with all our own guys. Now that the series is over and we pulled off the reverse sweep, it’s truly epic and probably my favorite cup ever. I’m really happy for everyone this roster, all true Dragons, all have worked extremely hard, supported each other and deserve to win this championship. (187)

TASK 7: 3TPE

As a rookie center, Esa Parmborg definitely has areas he needs to improve. Most notably his Offense. He came into his rookie year with a focus on defense and the idea that he wanted to help the team the best way possible and shoring up D on line 3 would do that. This came at the expense of offence, he chipped in decent enough but didn’t exactly light the world on fire this season, although that was not his intention. He wanted to play a strong defensive game and help the team win a championship. It worked out but moving forward he will begin to focus more on passing and scoring, along with continuing to improve his strength and face off rating because puck possession helps generate offense. Parmborg is a work in progress, but when he rounds out his offensive game he should be a very productive player for a very long time. This will obviously help the team score more goals and win more games. (167)

TASK 13: 3TPE

A) I think Mike Izzy will have a more dominant finals. Gunnar Soderberg is a great player and has had an excellent playoffs, but Mike Izzy has been a horse for the Dragons and they lean on him heavily in all situations as their #1 center. He’s been on fire all playoffs and I don’t see that slowing down in the finals. He’ll have to work for it, but I think will continue to play well and be the better player in the finals. (83)

B) This is a close one, both are great goalies at the top of their game. Either of them could be considered an advantage for their teams. They also both have great numbers heading into the finals. I would have to say that Kata Vilde has the advantage because he’s been to the finals before in S47 and while it was a loss he learned from the experience and is more ready this time around. I don't believe Benjamin Blue has ever been to the finals, so I’d give a very slight edge to Vilde in this one based on experience. (100)

E) Since I can’t give myself my own chicken parm, it’s already mine and is delicious. I’ll go with #2 a tray of cookies from c00kies. He makes a great peanut butter chocolate chip cookie, which is one of my favorites. I would eat them fresh out of the oven with a large glass of milk. I would drop one of the cookies into the milk and let it sink to the bottom, then dip the rest. That way I could drink the last bit of mushed up cookie milk like a milkshake. (92)

TASK 14: 2TPE

The series has indeed ended and Calgary won in 7, it was a great series and a memorable one for the league in their 50th anniversary. Mike Izzy is my pick for MVP for not only his performance in the finals, but his dominance throughout the playoffs. He finished with 32 points in 20 games, including 16 goals along with 68 hits and an impressive +21 rating. He also ended with a ridiculous 18 game point streak. Not sure anyone has ever had an 18 game point streak in the playoffs before. So Izzy gets the nod for me, he put the Dragons on his back and they rode him to the cup. His linemates Bouchard and Shooter also had excellent playoffs as did Tampa's Gunnar Soderberg along with goalies Kata Vilde and Benjamin Blue but it’s hard to not give the MVP to Izzy. (145)

TASK 15: 3TPE PM Sent.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Code:

I, Aron Hernadivic, am personally rooting for the Tampa Bay Barracuda for a wide and long variety of reasons. The first reason is that the Tampa Bay Barracuda are a name that actually makes sense. Barracudas are saltwater fish that live in a variety of waters off the coast of Florida. Since Tampa Bay is in Florida, this makes sense. The Calgary Dragons do not, and will not ever make sense. Dragons don't exist, and if they did, it wouldn't be in Calgary. They should name them something more realistic, like the Dinosaurs, since Alberta is home to a shit ton of fossils, and Dinosaurs are old like the Boomers that make up Calgary's roster. (118)

Code:
Although the playoff format is good and has served us well, I think the SHL should go bold and make home-ice advantage something worth playing for. By this, I mean having every single game be played outdoors in order to provide the home team with an actual advantage. Imagine the home ice advantage Tampa Bay or SFP would have playing in 25+ degrees Celsius every home game, and then when they're on the road having to play in -15 to -30 degree weather in Buffalo or Minnesota? Teams would be uh fucked to put it kindly, and would make the regular season more important. Buffalo would have to hydrate a shit ton when travelling to face the West Kendall Platoon or the Tampa Bay Barracuda, forcing them to have to use the bathroom constantly. TBB or WKP on the other hand, would have to wear bundles of layers underneath their equipment, slowing them down and changing up the style of play they're used to.
Code:
Since the Earth is flat, physicists and scientists that think other realities exist with us are in fact, wrong, and there is only one alternate reality that exists, hereby referred to as the Upside Down. In the Upside Down, heavily favoured Buffalo doesn't play hockey like a bunch of buffoons, and in fact, beats a subpar Hamilton team. Since they're actually good in this dimension, they actually beat Tampa Bay as well. On the other side of the bracket, the Augment remains the same unstoppable force, since he's elite in any dimension, and so Calgary cakewalks to the finals like they did in the main reality. In this series, Monkey D. Luffy remembers he was worth a 10 x 10 contract and plays decent, making all my predictions come true and Buffalo wins the Cup!

Code:

This answer is easily Mike Izzy. Mike Izzy is the greatest and fairest player of the last 10 or seasons or so, and as proclaimed by himself, with his 99 skating, is one of those elite, all-time skaters. Only fools think Gunnar Soderberg could compare to the Augment. Soderberg and the rest of TBB would be better off folding than playing against Mike Izzy.

Benjamin Blue washes the floor with Kata Vilde. Blue is the elite of the elite, the cream of the crop, the apple of Tampa Bay's pie. Both goalies were taken in the S41 draft, but as a late bloomer, age and injuries are already catching up to Kata Vilde, as he will be able to qualify for Freedom 55 Financial shortly, if he isn't already qualified.

C. Do you expect this to be a high-scoring series or a low-scoring series? A mix? Do you think it'll be competitive or will one team run away with it?
With how elite these goalies are, even with Vilde approaching the age of retirement and starting a part-time job to keep himself busy, this will be a low-scoring affair. Real talk, both these goalies have had good seasons, and will likely continue this on in the Finals, as everyone knows playoffs hockey are generally played tighter and more defensive.

If I, Aron Hernadivic, had to pick my favourite NAME on either team, I would have to select, from the great country of Czechia, Bernik Vrzala. With a V and a Z thrown in there, Vrzala would be a great 6-letter play in Scrabble if names were allowed, especially if you could get it on a double or triple point tile would be a huge play and a total game changer.

As a huge chicken parm guy myself, I would love to have the Big Parm make me one of his world-famous chicken parm sandwiches. Cookies from c00kies would be ight, but could be awful depending on the type of cookie. JSS proll has some stinky feet so that's a hard pass, and although Jepox is talented, I only need advice from those that know how to make the ultimate 425-capped SMJHL god.

Code:

DMed

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Tampa or Games 3 and 4 in Calgary? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (This is the same prompt as last year but we've got different cities! be creative! Don't re-use what was written last season)

Im going to Tampa because im not a fucking idiot so im gonna go and enjoy the summer sun, chilling with my S47 draft buddies in a nice beach house, especially trying to ensure that Gunnar Soderberg is nursing a cracking hangover at a both games - because who doesn't love making their friends hungover then laughing at them while they desperately try and skate around without chundering everywhere.
We're gonna hits up the aquarium so gunnar can cry over turtles, before throwing a huge house party, with beer, wine, vodka (and every other spirit in existence), and of course milk (which for some reason is the only thing Julio Tokolosh is willing to use as a mixer. Weird, i know, but surprisingly tasty (I strongly recommend amaretto milk, it's actually amazing). And after at least 3 people vomit, then people are allowed to consider going to bed. That's the only rule.

2. After a slow start to the regular season, the Dragons have surged of late and have rallied around the #CalgaWe notion of togetherness. On the other side, the Barracuda battled through a difficult East and are led by a very strong young core. Which team are you personally rooting for to take home the Challenge Cup and why?

Im supporting Calgary all the way. This isn't because i care for either team, nor because i back either team to take home the cup, but because I have a bet on JSS to not win a cup before me as a GM, so Ive got to back my guns, that i went for long long ago, and back Calgary all the way. Now as I write this, my prediction (which I made seasons ago), that Calgary would win this by virtue of Tampa losing, has come very true, as Calgary pulled of a legendary reverse sweep, just as i backed them to when they were 3-0 down in the series, because they could never possibly lose, because im clairvoyant. Just saying. And so, despite the brilliant people on TBB, until either they lose their GM or I win a cup, it's just not possible for them to win the CC finals, which is saddening in many ways.

Now I'm not saying that i think it's completely unjust that Los Angeles lost, but Im really not convinced that our series against calgary was a fair representation of our skill, so I think we should've been given a second chance. Therefore my suggestion would be to move to a double-elimination bracket of 7 game series, whereby a team that loses a series is knocked into the bottom bracket and has one more chance to reach the final. This would definitely make the playoff format fairer, and mean that a really good team like LA could actually get to the finals, and win the challenge cup, like they truly deserve for being the best team in the league year after year (by virtue of being the only team with a player named Tony Ford on it. You know you all want to see LAP win the cup like they were born to do.

6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
Who's the best player that you have witnessed in the SHL never to make it to the Challenge Cup finals? Or what player that hasn't made it to the finals is most deserving and why? Were they close? Was theirs a story of heartbreak? Is there still hope in the future? (150+ words)

Now many of you will not know this, but a player known as Tony Ford has just finished his sophomore season and is second in the league in goals by a defenceman, behind only a strong stevens candidate, Tig Murphy. This player is clearly an absolute stud and destined for greatness, and no doubt none of you can wait until he becomes an all time great, like many PGF/ANC alumni before him. But the time it will take to get to that point is still developing, and while he has effectively won a cup for a team already (see S47, WKP), he hasn't got his name on the silverware personally, something we all want to see change. There's definitely hope for the future though, as Los angeles continue to build around him, as they should. We eagerly anticipate him tearing up the league for many seasons to come.

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Naturally, I waited this long to do my CW because im a wise wise man, and Calgary won the playoffs thanks to the sterling efforts of one man alone. JSS, who i have long suggested will never win a challenge cup as a GM, has once again come up short and will continue to do so... until the end of time. While I formed this opinion of him at his divisional rival team, WKP, the move out west hasn't dampened my opinion, and he was the reason that Calgary were able to dispatch them in a comfortable looking reverse sweep at the last.

PM sent

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

Code:

We out here in Tampa Baby! Lots to do here. For instance, one can visit nursing homes and go to the TradeWinds resort where they may or may not have a waterslide, I’ve only seen commercials. So when I get to Tampa I make sure that HO booked the Penthouse suite at the Marriott Waterside Hotel since it is right next to the arena. During my time in Tampa I go visit high schools and make massive donations to arts programs and also fund the Ellington Ice Skating rink which is 30 minutes south of tampa because it needs help. For food I take my teammates to Bern’s steakhouse every night and order that fucking expensive wine they have on the menu. Oh, and did I mention that they have a dessert room? It is heaven. Also I go and pick up a ton of pub subs and deliver them to homeless shelters around the greater tampa area. we are generous with this money overall. When in Tampa as they say.

Code:

My idea for this would be to not tell anybody who they are playing and have each team be knocked out and blindfolded the night before and sent to a random arena. Literally they would not know who they were playing until the pregame skate. This chaos would make for the most random combination of variables and would be more of a let the best team win. There would be 60 games per round with 5 games per day with no intermissions. Literally whoever has the most endurance and overall talent is the one that will take the trophy. The coaches tell the teams what to do before the team goes out and they stay back in the locker room for the whole period. Also we remove the refs just for kicks and giggles. May the best team win. Let the hunger games start. I guess as long as nobody dies we are good and not in a position to be sued. Oh wait this was to make it better and not as chaotic. oops

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min)
As competition ramps up for the playoffs, players (both those still in and those eliminated) work extra hard to improve areas of their game that are lacking. What one area of your game do you really needs to focus on improving and how will this benefit the team?

Getting on the top lines on my team is nearly impossible. I just need to keep working at my build to get to the point to be up there with the big guys. Right now I’m trying to get my passing and scoring to 99 and 89 respectively. I literally will be at this point by next season. I really don’t know what else to do after so I guess I gotta talk to my gm. My play was pretty decent for a top team 3rd liner with 21 points in 50 games. Like to be honest I can’t really complain. I’m a 950 tpe player that is near the top of his class in tpe and just entering the SHL. Like I probably never would’ve been a candidate for top rookie but it would’ve been nice. It really could’ve been possible if I was a first liner no tea no shade.

Code:

D. Mike Izzy. Only those with a low iq will realize that this name is more than it appears. In reality his true name is Coach Michelangelo “The Augment” Bizzacus Izzard. This name is way better than any for any of the sim leagues ever made. This was an easy question. NEXT QUESTION

E. A custom feet pic from JSS. I have been begging him for like the last few months. Come on man I just want them TOES in my dms. Like what more can a man ask for smh. Feet is the only thing I look forward to in this god forsaken time. Feet Foot Toe Toes.

Code:

Congrats to Mike Izzy and his team the Calgary Dragons! Y’all are legendary and have tons of rings to your name and hopefully more to come. From the opinion of somebody who didn’t watch the series at all, the MVP should go to none other than Coach Michelangelo “The Augment” Bizzacus Izzard. This was a very hard choice for me, but I believe at this point there is none other that deserves this award. In the series Coach Michelangelo “The Augment” Bizzacus Izzard had [NUMBER] points and [NUMBER] plus/minus which demonstrates his contributions on the ice to his team. He was the sole reason his team completed the reverse sweep.

Code:

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S50 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

Done

CW tpe: 12

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Code:
Personally was rooting for Tampa. Their young core has worked their tails off to get where they are, and it's always refreshing to see new faces lift the cup for the very first time. Calgary on the other hand has won more cups than I can count (I can only count with my fingers on my right hand), watching them win another is just a snoozefest. It's like when you see Patriots fans get as excited for a super bowl win as a 0-10 team's fans get for a win period. Out with the old, in with the new, keeps the league fun and exciting. 

Code:
Round 1 needs to be addressed in some way. We either need to add more teams to completely fill it out, or my preference, remove teams to cut it completely. The first round only containing two matchups has a few problems. First of all, all the hype surrounding the playoffs tanks when the big teams end up having to sit for a week or more before they get to their games. TV ratings plummet and advertisers have been tricked into paying a "playoff" premium for air time during those games when no one is watching them. This is why year over year the SHL has a more difficult time finding advertisers for the playoffs period. Word of mouth has spread around and they've caught on to that trick, so the entire rest of the playoffs is suffering as a result. There's also something to be said about the players. While a bye sounds nice on paper, not playing at a game level intensity for more than a week means they come out super flat their first game back, and some teams don't ever recover.

Code:
I've visited 14,000,605 realities and all of them but this one ended in the same way: The Buffalo Stampede winning the Challenge Cup. This reality is the only reality where Hamilton won a single game in fact, and I know why. Both Bobby Sharp and Monkey D Luffy were victims to foul play in this universe. It's no secret that many people hate Buffalo. Jealousy is a huge motivator for hatred. Several individuals in this universe colluded to ruin Buffalo's chances and made Voodoo dolls of Sharp and Luffy that they continually manipulated while they were on the ice against Hamilton. Remember when Sharp forgot how to skate for a shift? Remember when Luffy scored that hat trick of own goals? There was nothing natural about those occurances. All 14,000,065 realities that I visited had this same jealousy for Buffalo, and all of its power concentrated here, enabling the magical voodoo that took place. If you want proof - Buffalo didn't with the Challenge Cup, did they? That's all the proof you need.

Code:
Tampa definitely has the net advantage. Benjamin Blue has the beginnings of a Hall of Fame career with his performance, standing on his head and stealing games away from the opposition for multiple seasons now. Both goaltenders had decent seasons with Blue performing a bit better, and Blue brings a certain level of consistency that is nearly unmatched in the league.

Code:
While I'm hoping for a high scoring but tight series, if the rest of the playoffs are any indicator, Calgary is going to run away with it. They've been making quick work of each team they've matched against so far, with a five game series win in round one and two sweeps to follow, one being against a cup favorite in New Orleans.

Code:
Maui. It's simple, concise, to the point. You don't need to know if it is a first name, a last name, a middle name, a nick name, whatever. Doesn't matter, it's just a name, and the name is Maui. Rolls off the tongue, it's one of those two syllable but kind of one syllable words when you say it really fast.

Code:
My vote for MVP goes to Shooter McGavin. Shooter had a really productive playoff run with 25 points in 20 games, but even just focusing on the series he performed really well too. One of the most impressive things and possibly the most necessary thing to complete the reverse sweep was score 2 of the 4 game winning goals in that reverse sweep. When he wasn't scoring goals, he got assists on both of the goals in the pivotal game 4 that resulted in a 2-1 win for Calgary. Calgary leaned on him heavily this series, he was playing over 26 minutes in most of the games. He'd be tasked with trying to convert on the powerplay and holding off the opposing team's powerlay on the penalty kill. Even in their losses in this series, Shooter showed up, getting points in each of the three games. The only game he didn't get a point in was a low scoring 2-1 game where he nearly played for 27 minutes.

Code:
PM'd

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

Code:

I'll obviously go to Game 1 in Tampa since it's the first Challenge Cup finals game in the city of Tampa in the history of the SHL. I expect a huge pre-game show to happen that hopefully will be quite great. As for what I'll do in Tampa.. well I think I am going to some Buccaners game which probably won't be as expensive because the Buccs aren't doing great right now. I'll order loads of beer and snacks. Once that game is over I think Alex would head towards a decent nightclub in Tampa to experience the crazy Florida nightlife his older brother Eduard told him stories about. Alex would also visit the local Aquarium to see some animals he isn't used to seeing as well as go on a boat ride to hang out with some Dolphins to have that experience finally crossed off from his bucket list.

Code:

I would prefer it if an Eastern Conference team would be able to win the Challenge Cup in this season since I am the GM of an Eastern conference team. Also the Barracuda winning the Cup would break the second longest currently active cup drought which is something historians like me really keep an eye on. Also the GM of the Tampa Bay Barracuda is former Buffalo player that was taken with the first overall pick so Flacko Lagerfield will always have a place in my heart and I will be cheering for him as well as some other player and agents that I am quite fond off just like my Germany teammate Nolan Sawchuk.

Code:

I think how my story ends will be quite the non shocker. Ultimately the Eastern Conference Wildcard winner will be the Manhattan Rage in 6 games. This will lead to the matchup of Tampa Bay Barracuda versus the Manhattan Rage which the Rage also will win in 6 games. For the other side of the Conference series we have Buffalo actually beating the Hamilton Steelhawks in 7 games after Kryyst's stellar performance. The Eastern Conference finals are Manhattan Rage versus the Buffalo Stampede which ends in a nailbiter of double overtime in Game 7. The game winning goal will be scored by no other than former Manhattan Rage player Poopity Scoop that left the team in Free Agency to greener pastures in Buffalo. In the Western Conference there are no changes which means the Buffalo Stampede face off against the Calgary Dragons. There has been a small rivalry brewing in the most recent seasons between these 2 teams and what better way for a nice physical rivalry game than meeting in the Challenge Cup finals which will be won by Buffalo in a sweep which means that the Dragons have been swept in their last 2 finals appearances.

Code:

My choice will be the veteran star two-way forward from the Calgary Dragons Mike "The Augment" Izzy. The Experience Izzy has will just be something the young Gunnar Söderberg is missing in this matchup and will be something that the Calgary Dragons will have to rely on in this matchup.

I think ultimately Benjamin Blue has a small advantage above Kata Vlide in the net but overall I think the Calgary Dragons roster is a more complete roster and further down the road in terms of development compared to the Tampa Bay Barracuda who are quite the young team actually.

I think it would be quite the low scoring affair since both teams have outstanding goaltender on their team which will post quite some good save percentage numbers. On the other hand I could see this being quite the high scoring finals series since both teams have star players on their teams. Mike Izzy on the Dragons and Flacko Lagerfield on the Barracuda.

It's gotta be Nickolas Klaus from the Tampa Bay Barracuda. It's just such a nice german name which is quite common in my home country. Klaus is also a german national team players as well as SMJHL Point record holder. The name also reminds me of Santa Claus due to it's last name as well as another gift giving german holiday St. Nikolaus day so it's the perfect combination of the 2 things for me.

I would most likely pick the chicken parm sandwich from Esa due to the mans love for these sandwiches being quite known around these parts. It would also be the first time in my life that I get to taste this special food that has made quite the waves around the Calgary Dragons locker room. Maybe this is the source of their power and the league can take a bit from that.

Code:
D. From these two teams, which player had the most PIMs in the S50 regular season?

Sent

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

As a Canadian, I definitely taking this unbelievable chance to visit Tampa Bay, Florida. Beautiful weather, beautiful people and most of all, beautiful hockey. Early games in a playoff series can really set the pace and quite possibly even decide how the series is going to play out. While they may not have the nerve wracking atmosphere as a game 7, they are going to be unbelievable hockey games either way. I am going to spend my time away from the game relaxing on the beach, showing off my offseason training in the form of my elite body. Not too often do Canadian hockey players find themselves in a warm climate with such great weather. While I have played in Lethbridge for several years now, I wouldn’t go as far to say I’ve had enough of Alberta, but I would say I’ve probably seen all it has to offer. Calgary is an amazing city, but it just doesn’t interest me anywhere near as much as sunny Florida in the summer.

I find myself being able to sit back and enjoy this series as a fan of the sport, rather than a fan of any one team. I’m personally hoping for game 7 double overtime scored by an unlikely hero. If I had to choose one, I suppose I have to pick Calgary, seeing as I am a prospect of an eastern conference team. I remember growing up hearing about the legendary Randy Randleman leading his Calgary team to glory, but those times are gone and I am unfamiliar with much of the current roster. The finals should be exciting, as these are two great teams who absolutely deserve their chance to win it all.

I like to think that in an alternate reality, I had put in enough work to be able to make an impact on the Wolfpack this past season. I was approached by the GM several times to gauge my readiness, and I felt that I still needed time to develop. As such, I was returned to Lethbridge and the Wolfpack unexpectedly had a lackluster season. In speaking to the GM and gauging the players before the season, I felt that the team believed it was their year. Maybe it was, in another timeline. Maybe in this timeline, I’m a little more prepared for SHL hockey and am able to make an impact on their roster this past season. With all this “if”, there could very well be room for a reality like this one. Hopefully in one of these realities, I’m lifting the cup over my head on the ice with so many talented players who worked so hard only to have the misfortune to fall short.

Mike Izzy is an all time great. It’s difficult to bet against him. So I won’t. He is a player of ultimate consistency and clutch is his middle name (probably). The unbelievable all around talent of Izzy is almost assuredly going to allow him to have a great, dominant finals. Scoring is something he will do, but it’s all of the little things players like Izzy (not that there are many) do that make them control the game at such a level.

Benjamin Blue’s .919 save percentage in the regular season is enough on its own for me to call Tampa Bay’s advantage. He also posted a superior GAA to his opponent, while facing more shots. The sample size is there, and it backs up ol’ double B here as the favorite for best goalie going into these finals.

Like with most series, I feel like there will be a good mix of both. I think it will be competitive, but part of me thinks there is a good chance Tampa Bay may run away with this series. As with the previous question, I think they have a pretty solid advantage in net. I feel like if there are high scoring games, they will most likely be in favor of the Barracuda. Calgary will have to play good defense in front of their goaltender to keep the scores close. Though I’m sure they are up to the task.

Easy pick. Van Morrison of the Tampa Bay Barracuda. Good solid name that makes me think of some quality tunes and a hilarious SNL sketch with Jimmy Fallon at the forefront. There are some “OK” names on both sides, such as with Shooter McGavin and Shooter McGavin II of the Dragons and Barracuda, respectively. But none really stand out to me as outstanding as they have in some previous finals. Maybe my theory of great names and their correlation with team success isn’t as strong as I once thought.

Option 4, the one hour long stick and puck sesh with Jepox. I have no idea who Jepox is, but I need all of the time on the ice that I can get as I am in a crucial part of my career trying to overcome my lackluster third season in the SMJHL and attempting not to become a bust. Any pro that finds themselves in the finals can surely teach me a thing or two that would go a long way.

Mike Izzy. 100%. Full stop. He found himself with points in every single game this finals. Not that points are the only sign of contribution, but that is crucial to determining an MVP of a series. He brings so much to the table, whether he is scoring, passing, hitting or playing an elite two-way game. No one on the ice matched the intensity that this one individual brought all the way from game 1 to game 7. The Calgary Dragons definitely do not win this series if he hadn’t been there to pull them out of the gutter and lead them to glory. A reverse sweep is nearly impossible to pull off, but this team found a way, with Mike Izzy’s efforts playing a huge role.

16/16

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]