Create Account

S50 SMJHL CW

Task #1 - [Written Option] Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why? Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.
The line with the most impact for the St. Louis Scarecrows is without any doubt Jakub Bruchevski’s line. Helped with wingers Aron Hernadivic and James Ronlain, the line had a combined of 32 points in 13 games. In this, there’s 20 goals. We can really say that they were the line that was carrying the team in the playoffs. Kazuma Kiryu’s line is the one that hurt the most the team. Along with his wingers Richard Hurtz and Jay Rook, the line had a combined total of 2 points in the same amount of game. Defensively, it was quite a chaos too with each skater having a -6 plus minus. On the defensive side, we can thank Flash Gordon and rookies Marian Elsner and Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette for their help blocking shots. All three of them have over 15 shots blocked which greatly helped the goaltender. On the special units, Yamamoto Mitsuharu shined with 2 power play assist and a penalty kill goal.

Task #2 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes or create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series.
Requirements: Written - At least 150 words.
Q: How do you tackle the first game of the playoffs?
A: Well, to be frank, a playoff game is just like any other game for me. I think it’s more in the mind of the skater where the play is different. For me, I have to block every shot no matter if it’s the regular season or playoffs.
Q: How do you feel about the match up against the Kelowna Knights?
A: I think it’s going to be an amazing playoff series. We get two younger teams with rookies goaltenders. I can’t wait to match up against Del Vicchio and see which one of us can block the most shots during the series.
Q: How confident are you in your skills to carry your team?
A: I definitely feel more confident than when I started the season. It took me some time to get back on track after sitting on the bench for so long.

Task #3 - Who's your MVP this season? Can be from the playoffs or the regular season.
Requirements: 150 words and mention of at least one stat.
Forward Ricky Bobby from the Carolina Kraken is, in my opinion, the Most Valuable Player of the playoff. He has the most goals of his team with eight, all of them in equal strength. He also sport twelve assists, six of them on the power play, for a total of 20 points in 18 games. One of the reasons, in my opinion, that he is the most valuable is that he pulled his weight in equal strength. Fourteen of his twenty points are in equal strength. He stayed fairly clean with only four minute of penalties. He had a good shot percentage in the playoffs too, making him fairly efficient with seventeen percent. All of that with only an average of sixteen minute of play a night. He also had 3 blocked shots as a forward. Fourteen hits, which is about less than one per night and he received 11 of them. He played fifty minutes during all the eighteen games on the power play which is good for the top of his team.

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs. Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster. Would your player make a big impact on the team? Would you improve their chances of winning a cup? Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.
Honestly, I don't think I would be playing for another team in the playoffs. All the teams are currently making the playoffs so it’s not like my team would miss it. But if go with the flow of this question… I do not think I would improve any team’s change to win a cup. The simple reason is because I am a rookie goaltender. What does this mean? Well it means I am swiss cheese and i would most likely be scored a lot on no matter the team I am on. I am actually surprised I was able to reach round 2 with the St. Louis Scarecrows. I was expecting us to basically be out in the first round. If I had to pick a team to play on that isn’t mine and hopefully this isn't considered tampering, but i would pick the champion, the Carolina Kraken, to be their backup goaltender. It’s not because they are the winners, but because I had an amazing scouting experience with them.

Task #5 - It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time.
Requirements: 100 words.
Doyle didn’t win the cup and surprisingly her team made the playoffs cause every team make the playoffs now. Once we were ejected in round 2, Doyle went back home in Ireland in order to prepare for the international tournament that would happen during the summer. She already decided she would not come back in Chicago for the draft, despite knowing she would be taken in the first round, due to the fact she was already set on where she would be going. She prefers to spend more time training and preparing herself for the IIHF tournament where she would be riding the bench for Ireland Major team and most likely also for the British Isles in the Junior team.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019, 01:32 AM by LairdButler.)

Task 1For the Anchorage Armada, our best line combo for the playoffs consisted of Samuel Michaud and Darnell Johnson. The SHL-bound defensemen boasted some impressive stats during the playoffs. Between the two of them, they managed to post a total of 19 assists combined. Not only did they post an impressive 19 assists, but both defensemen managed to finish out the playoff run with a positive Plus/Minus, Johnson with +6 and Michaud with +5. Impressive numbers no matter how you look at it. Speaking of impressive numbers and being that they are both defensemen, the pair posted a whopping hit total of 31. Michaud with 16, and Johnson with 15.

As to which was the worst line for this playoff run is a matter of debate. Fingers could be pointed at rookie players who felt the playoff slump, but due to some recently uncovered insider information a strong argument could be made that it was in fact the Referee line that was the worst.

Task 2:
Today on SHL Tonight, it's our pleasure to interview one of the Anchorage Armada's rising stars.
Q: We are here today talking with up and coming rookie sensation, Stan Hanson. Stan, how do you feel about the heart breaking turn the Armada’s playoff run took?
A: How do I feel? I’m fucking pissed! That’s how I feel! This whole playoff was absolute bullshit!
Q: Why do you say it was bullshit? Was it because of the post season slump that seemed to affect many of the Armada’s players?
A: Slump? What the fuck are you talking about? There was no slump. I’ll tell you what there was though, there was a bunch of coked up blow monkey refs pansying around on the ice making bad calls.
Q:  Whoa there Stan, those are some pretty loaded accusations. Why would you say such a thing? 
A: Why? Because I saw that shit with my own eyes. I went to take a pre-game piss and what do I see but all four refs with their shirts off, snorting blow off each other’s flabby man boobs. (Hanson shudders visibly with disgust.) Fuck you, this interview is over. Thanks for making me relive that shit. Now I gotta go puke again.

Task 3:  MVP for the season, let’s see, that’s a tough one. Well I guess that would have to be me, Stan Hanson. 145 Hits for the season, putting me in 3rd place for the League in my inaugural season. How could that not make me MVP material?
Just kidding. Its true that I did have an impressive Rookie season, but I’d really have to say that my choice for MVP would have to be my boy on the net, Ian Venables. Ian was on a massive hot streak this season, earning himself the top spot as League leader in Shut Outs.  Ian was the breakout star for the Armada with his amazing goal tending skills. With his cat like reflexes and fearless demeanor, I look for Ian to become on of the top Goalies in the SHL. With the draft looming large in our future, I can only hope to get lucky enough end up on the same team with Ian because I don’t look forward to facing him.

Task 4: So, if I wasn’t playing for the Armada, who would I want to play for in the playoffs? Well what kind of stupid question is that? Obviously, I’d want to be playing for Carolina since they won the cup. Plus, I gotta admit that with the rebranding, their jerseys are pretty damn dope now. Speaking of dope though, maybe I wouldn’t want to be playing for them after all. I mean those blow monkey had to get all that coke from somewhere. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying Carolina had anything to do with providing the blow, but I’m not saying they didn’t either.  Either way, it wouldn’t matter who I was playing for because I’d bring the best game I possibly could. I have no problem with getting out there and getting down to business on the ice. I’m always ready to serve up heaping helpings, be it of the boards or of tasty doughnuts.

Task 5: Well now that we are out of the running for the cup, you’d think the most obvious thing to do would be to slack off and enjoy the off season. Well, that’s where you’d be wrong. Just because there is downtime right now is no reason to be slacking. Sure I like hanging out with the guys from the locker room and having fun, Don’t get me wrong, we have some pretty epic plans made for  team building and bonding, But if I want to be anything like the great Stan Mikita, I got to put in the work. Its up early in the mornings to keep my doughnut making skills sharp. After all, how can I open my own chain of Doughnut shops when I retire if I can’t make tasty doughnuts? Once I’m through making the doughnuts, then its time to hit the ice and train. You know what they say, practice makes perfect.

Disclaimer: No actual allegations against any team, player, or official are being made in this post. I just thought it would be funny to have a running joke in the tasks.

[Image: Spicy_Funko.jpg]
Player Page             Update Thread

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2019, 11:55 AM by soulja.)

Task #1 - [Written Option] Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why? Requirements: Must include at least 150 words. [Graphics Option] Create an infographic comparing your team's best line combo vs the worst line combo. Requirements: Must include at least 3 stats.

Vancouver Whalers did not fare too well in the playoff series. As we were bottom tier teams this season, we had to fight our way to make the playoffs. Our first series was against the Halifax Raiders in which we did rather well knocking them out but our next game was against one of the better SMJHL teams in the league, Anchorage Armada. This series was so bad that we had to go play golf right after getting swept 4-0. Anchorage were a tough team as they took the former champions and the current one, Carolina Kraken to a game 7 death match. The line combination that did the best for the Vancouver Whalers was easily
Cullen Gray-Jan Zacha-Bobby Bobcalf. It is not surprising that these three will also make the top of our scoreboard. Jan Zacha and Cullen Gray led the team in points with 9. Zacha played a slightly better game than Cullen Gray as he was more two-way and had 5 block shots to complement his stats. Bobby Bobcalf was next in race with 7 pts and also 5 shot blocks. Our worst line combination had to be the 1st defensive pairing: Mikas Bieksa-Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr. These two together were -19 in the league. So they didn't exactly play the best defense. Zlatan as a rookie did have a good run with 3 pts, 16 hits and 11 shot blocks but that -9 is just atrocious. He also took way too many penalty minutes with 22, which caused his team great disadvantage.

Task #2 - Either write an interview with your player about your team's playoff hopes or create a program cover for one of the games in any playoff series.
Requirements: Written - At least 150 words. Graphics - Logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render.

Q: Hey Ibra Jr. Thanks for being outhere with us today. We know that you are one of the most highly touted rookies of the S50 SMJHL draft but how do you think you will cope in your first SMJHL playoff series.
A: Hey Andy, thanks for having me here today. Well, our team right now is in the rebuilding stage and as a result we have to fight against Halifax in round 1 whereas the majority of the other teams get a free pass to round 2.
Q: What do you think of your outcome against the Raiders?
A: I think we should have this under our belt. Our first line in Zacha, Gray and Bobcalf should put up points while Bieksa and I will play more defensive. We are defensive giants and we should clear majority of the pucks away from our goaltender. I think we will win the series 4-2 and move on to play Anchorage.
Q: How do you guys think you will fair against Anchorage Armada then?
A: Man, this is a tough question. As optimistic as I want to be, i think this one is going to be a real hard one for us. Anchorage are one of the best teams in the league. They are full of solid veterans and Primeau is a freaking monster. He will be their guardian Angel and will be our biggest obstacle. I really think we will lose this one against them. However, next year as i develop more into a freakish player, I will be their number one threat as I will become the wall our team needs to stop pucks from reaching our net.
Q: You seem like a realist Ibra jr. That is a good thing. Who do you think will win the four star cup?
A: Well Andy. This is a tough one. There are three teams that catch my attention: Colorado Raptors, Anchorage Armada and Carolina Kraken. In my honest opinion, I believe the kraken can get a repeat and win the cup twice in a row.
Q: Thank you for your time Ibra jr. Until next time

Task #3 - Who's your MVP this season? Can be from the playoffs or the regular season.

The MVP of the playoffs in my opinion is none other than Kasper Claude. You may be wondering why it is not his teammate Alexei Rykov, who led the team in points at 22, but this is easy to debate. Rykov is a forward and his job is to get points and thats it. Apart from that, there is nothing else special about him. He is not two-way and is simply a one directional player. Kasper Claude is different. Claude was able to amass 17 points and all that as a defender. This is freaking amazing because he was almost point per game in the playoff series. He was also plus 16, the highest on his team. This means that every time he was on the ice, you knew he was going to make a positive difference. In addition to his offensive game as a defender, he also played the defensive portion very well. He had 19 shot blocks to lead his team and prevent as much puck from reaching his goal tender. In my opinion, he will be the main reason if Kraken does repeat and win the four star cup again.

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs. Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster. Would your player make a big impact on the team? Would you improve their chances of winning a cup? Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.

I do love playing here at the Whalers as I think it is a challenge to get them to the finals and I love working from the ground up. But if I had to choose another team to play for, it will be Anchorage Armada. It is funny enough that I am choosing the team that knocked our playoff chance but I like how the team is built. I think I would have easily slotted on the 2nd defensive pairing and maybe even the first. Anchorage Armada was so close to eliminate Carolina kraken who went on to reclaim their repeat but they suffered at defensive depth. I think my player would have given them the depth they needed to finish the kraken. I am a big two way defender and will not hesitate to be physical when needed. Ibra Jr. is also ready to throw in his body to protect his team from the opposition. He is also a playmaking wizard on the blue line. Only weakness is scoring but who needs that when you have Jake Primeau to do that. From the rookies they drafted, only Mitchell has continued working hard. I think with the addition of Ibra Jr. that is all they will need to solidify their team.

Task #5 - It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time.

It is very unfortunate that the Whalers did not make it well past the second round of the playoffs. In fact, they suffered a humiliating defeat against Armada as they were swept 4-0. As a result, the Swedish Sensation, Ibra Jr., went back to his country to refine his skills in preparation for the SHL draft. He is going to need to work on his discipline as he took too many penalty minutes in the playoffs. However, this might be tough as it runs in his blood as his father, Zlatan is just like that. Like father like son they say. Story has it that Ibra jr., will be under his dad's guidance on how he can improve his offensive abilities. His dad was a scoring machine whereas Ibra Jr.'s weakness is purely scoring. He is sure that this can be worked around and get to a level where he can score more goals. Ibra Jr., will also be preparing for the WJC tournament where he will represent Sweden. This should be a very entertaining and hard working period for Ibra Jr.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

1) Round 1 was quick and painless for the Halifax Raiders. In 6 games in the SMJHL playoffs we had some definite bright spots, and unfortunately on the flip side, there was definitely some sore spots as well. The bright spot in our lineup for our 6 game run was of course our powerplay lineup. Our first and second units connected quite a bit during our series and this resulted in Haley Knight putting up 7 points in 6 games, along with both Indigo Trevino and Timmo Kyllonen putting up points at an impressive point per game pace. The sore spot of the lineup for the first round was the second line of Thicc Cheezy, Karl Krashwagen and Julien Villeneuve. These players combined for a -18 in just 6 games. The poor performance in the playoffs this year has left a poor taste in these players mouths so look for them to come out with something to prove at the beginning of next season, and come out even stronger when playoffs begin.

2) Halifax Sports Press - Thicc Cheezy Reflects on Playoffs and looks ahead

Interviewer: Hello Cheeze, thank you for taking the time to sit down with us today

Cheezy: You bet, lets get this over with

I: How do you feel about your performance in the 6 games you played these playoffs?

C: It was brutal, I definitely didn't bring my best. My play this year was certainly not out-of-this-world, but it certainly wasn't -7 in 6 games bad either.

I: Did you feel off coming into the series?

C: I felt great, I was excited to get going and prove myself for the postseason. I don't know what happened, but all I can do is learn from it and move on. Its situations like this that you need to have a short memory and be better when the next opportunity arrives.

I: What are your hopes for the playoffs going forward?

C: I don't have anything specific to answer that question with. But you can bet your ass that when I suit up for playoffs next year I will be better. Bet on that.

I: Thank you for your time

C: Yep

3) The MVP for the Halifax Raiders this season was undoubtedly Atlas Rush. On a young and at times struggling team Atlas was still able to put up 41 points in 50 games which was impressive given what he was given to work with at times. When you are a young team who is in their first stages of rebuilding, it is never odd to see a team made up of players that never crack 30 points as a unit, and Atlas, along with help from Karl Krashwagen and Haley Knight, was able to blow that number out of the water. This MVP nomination goes further than just point production on the ice, as Atlas was a phenomenal leader in the Dressing Room for the young guys, particularly Thicc Cheezy. As Thicc struggled at times in the season, Atlas was always seen in practice calming him down and working him through the possible mental blocks that were hindering his performance. Thicc has been overheard saying some very nice things about Atlas and he credits Atlas with his strong end to the season. With a couple of players really struggling in the post-season this year, you can bet Altas led some off ice team building activities to help everyone clear their heads and prepare for the season ahead.

4) Thicc Cheezy could see himself slotting into another young and struggling team, the Kelowna Knights. A young team like this gives a rookie the opportunity to be put into positions and opportunities that he would not be typically exposed to in his first season. Exposing a player like Thicc Cheezy to these elements is very important as he learns by doing and not by watching. This rookie has no interest in being buried by an aging core that will result in him being put on the 4th line "watching and learning", he wants to be thrown to the fire so he can really analyze where the weakpoints in his game are and get into the gym to focus on these issues and turn them into strengths. Playing on such a young team Cheezy could be slotted into the second or third line and make a relative impact right away. Putting him with a dialed in sniper and he can be a real asset to any team trying to make a cup run. Although if we are being realistic, Cheezy understands he probably will not be a deciding factor in any playoff series for another season or so, so if he was currently on this roster he likely would not improve their chances of winning a cup drastically.

5) Thicc Cheezy has been rumoured to be on the beaches of Miami, soaking up the sun and drinking some ice cold brews with the boys. After his incredibly poor and disappointing performance in the playoffs it is suspected Cheezy has decided to take a couple of weeks for himself and forget about the game to regroup. Mental health is important for Cheezy, and taking this break will really clear the mind and help him start from scratch. Once he has the partying out of his system he will surely come back to the gym a brand new man ready to train and turn some heads. One thing is forsure, he will make any SHL team he is drafted by proud!

[Image: img]

Task 1: 156 words

It was definitely the line off center Phineas Gold, left wing Alexei Rykov and right wing Ricky Bobby, we called the quit short the GRB line. Every one of them was a more than a point per game player, Rykov 22, Bobby 20 and Gold 19. They have been always good for a great start for the team, because they scored a bunch of early goals, especially in the finals they always started very quick into the games. But it was everything about the team, because we never would have won the four start cup without everyone doing his best. You can see this when looking at the stats, no player had a negative +/-. Not even the scrubs on the forth line. You could say that our 2nd line didn't do their best. The guys did not collect many points during the playoffs, but they scored 5 game winning goals and that is very impressive.

Task 2: 155 words
I: Hallo Alexander, this will be your first SMJHL playoffs, you are on the team of the defending champions, what are your thoughts about going into the playoffs?
A: Hi, yeah it's the best time of the year, the part of the season that everyone is working for the hole year. I am very excited about the playoffs, all my teammates have some great memories from last year and are so pumped up for it.

I: What are the expectation for the playoffs? You are going for the cup again?
A: We don't expect anything in the playoffs, they have their own rules, but we do hope to have a good run. We hope to play some good games and get to the finals, then everything is possible. That's all bullshit, of course you are playing to win the cup. Anyone how says something other lies. You don't play a playoff just to be there.

Task 3: 155 words
Wasn't an easy decision, but when you saw him play during the playoffs and especially in the finals there can be no other than Carolina Krakens goalie Nolan McMahon. With his outstanding performance during the playoffs he was the best man on ice for many games. Always ready to stand his man and doesn't allowed a puck to pass him easily. He made so many important saves to help the Kraken to keep the lead. He also collected two shutouts during the playoffs. Nolan had the best save percentage of all goalies in the playoffs with 0.909. He did also played the most minutes of any goalie with 1030. His goals against average was 2.33 and he had to face the most shots in the playoffs as well only 6 more than Colorados Emiko Spector. As you can see he leads in every important goalie category and that made him the playoff MVP for me.

Task 4: 157 words
We won the cup with my current team, so I didn't want to go to another team. But yeah if I would have to chose one I would take the Halifax Raiders. Because my playing time in Carolina wasn't really much the hole year on the fourth line, because their forward lines are very deep. Halifax could have used another scoring winger in their line up, because they had a lot of passing players instead of goal scorers. So I probably would have fit in quite well and could have given them some scoring depth. My points per 20 minutes was 0.57 that would have been pretty nice boost for them. I wouldn't have a big impact on them, but I would have made their depth much better and give them a better secondary scoring. Their chances of winning the cup haven't been very high at all and with me it pretty much wouldn't have change much.

Task 5: 135 words
After we won the cup it took a few days until I was back on a level that somebody could talk with me. It was such a great party. But while the other guys on my team started planning their holidays I started looking on my phone for hours, ready to answer the call if a SHL GM wants to talk with me. That was a pretty stressful time for me, I myself was my biggest stress factor. But now I am just excited, because the draft will be in a few days and I did have had some great talks with a lot of scouts and GMs from many different teams. I am sure that I will not have to wait as long as at the SMJHL draft till my name will be called.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

Task #1 - [Written Option]  Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.  [Graphics Option]  Create an infographic comparing your team's best line combo vs the worst line combo.  Requirements: Must include at least 3 stats.

Well shit after flipping back about forth between the regular season and the playoffs I gotta say what the heck. We did not change a single line despite our rookies getting stronger I dknt know if we were ever retested I think our over confidence in our original lines may have been what led to a steep decline in the playoff season. Although on the good side the lines were solid enough to keep us from getting knocked out in the first round so I guess they couldnt have been that bad but still I wouldve liked to see some variation to build upon to strengths of our lines. If because of this lack of line changes I can make a quick reference to the preseason I am glad we moved Francis Berton up to 2nd line because even with less mins he seemed to shine far more than our previous 2nd liner of the same position sami reider. Berton totaling out 15 goals and 27 assists for a point total of 42 compared to samis 10 goals 17 assists totaling out a meager 27 points.

Requirements: Written - At least 150 words. Graphics - Logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render.

Hey yall were here today to talk with Stracimir Petrović of the Vancouver whalers running a series of questions regarding his team in the playoffs!

So Stracimir where are you hoping to end up finishing the the playoffs?
"Question is silly we want win playoffs"

Alright that's an excellent mindset to have! Is your team going to do anything special to help clinch that number 1 spot maybe some surprise line changes or anything?
"No we have lines we use lines made we simply out hockey enemy team."

Oh......okay sure! If you win what are you hoping to do with your money and fame?
"Stracimir will drink vodka and watch replay"

Is-is that all?
"Okay maybe two vodka"

Well all that ambition is surely showing? Is this the will of your gms your captain or do you all just really want to win together?
"Well captain acts like he cracks whip but I've seen him try to figure skate when he thinks we gone. Gm is lovely but wants us to fight as much as possible on the ice I think. He always say go get them or destroy them so I destroy but really we just want to play and drink together we are like family team and I.

Ima give it to the absolute moral monster Bjorn leppenan hes stats might not look that amazing with only a point total at the end of the season of 13 and a whopping 64 penalty minutes. That however is exactly why I cast a vote for mvp on this man hes fought so ridiculously often and won half of his fights for the entire season I dont even know if he ever actually lost one I think the rest were ties. The point is with a record like that his very presence on the ice must have been intimidating he ate enemy moral for breakfast lunch and dinner more fights in the playoffs and I think we could've led the charge to score every game with this almost enforcer level defensemen.So yea bjorn leppenan this man is actually a legend just always fighting like some hockey god of war what a mad lad.

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?  Requirements:  Must include at least 150 words. 

If I'm being honest this is more of a personal preference I really wanted to play with Ruslan zaporozhets so if not here I wouldve tried to end up on st. Louis I dont think my stats are up to par with the center man they have on the second line with Ruslan so i most likely wouldve fallen to the third line. I dont think the chances wouldve been any better and I dont think I wouldve had a huge impact as the current center on the third line has an incredibly similar pass first build. I wouldve been incredibly happy to play on the same team as Ruslan but I dont think I am currently at the point where I could make a large impact in their lineup one or two seasons down the line I could've been perfect for them so I mean hey look for me down the line who knows if I might go to them Wink.

Requirements: 100 words

Of course you gotta have your celebration cup or not the team is a family so of course we are all going out to get mad drunk and probably eat wings (Stracimirs favorite) after a excellent night of debauchery. Some greasy breakfast and back to training even though it's the offseason you gotta stay on your A game. Stracimir has no nearby family and will be reaching out to White Goodman to help him explore the city. Finding new places to eat and drink as much as possible Stracimir has recently been getting into gaming alot with the release of AOE2 definitive edition and getting into dota2 Stracimir will surely have his hands full with his training schedule and gaming hopefully he can build his friendship with white goodman as well he seems like a mad lad.

[Image: il_fullxfull.2951208976_e3ir.jpg]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png] [Image: KS8UYv9.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2019, 02:41 PM by Carbine.)

Task #1 - [Written Option]  Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.

Going strictly off of point totals and remembering that Halifax only played 6 games this postseason, the Raiders' third line of Timmo Kyllonen, Al Kayhall and Indigo Trevino provided the most impact from a 'points awarded' standpoint. The trio had seen time in the top 6 for a good part of the season as the Raiders entered into a line blender of sorts, as the team sought to see their younger talent play more in a season where a deep playoff run seemed highly unlikely.

The impact can be quantified when comparing the line production with the team's total production. The Raiders scored a total of 47 points (Goals and Assists combined) over 6 games. The combo of Kyllonen, Kayhall, and Trevino scored 17 of those 47 points - 36.17% of the team's production in those 6 games. Deployment is probably what lead to that sort of production from the Raiders' 'third line'. Not strong enough to play against the top lines in the league, but among the best when considering only bottom 6 players.

175 words

Task #2 - Graphics - Logos of both teams in the matchup and at least one player render.

[Image: iaGBaQf.png]

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

TASK #1

This trio leads the entire team in points as both Jan Zach and Cullen Gray are tied for the team lead in points. They have fed off of each other all season long and this trio are more than capable of carrying the team as great as any other trio in the league. 10 PowerPlay points. While the rest of the team seamed to struggle to find consistency as far as scoring goes, these three did it every game. A combined 10 minutes of Penalty minutes time meant they were on the ice more than sitting in the box, therefore more ice time and more offence. After the play of this trio this past season and post season, Vancouver hopes that this chemisty can continue for at least one more season, brining championship hopes to the city of Vancouver another time before the call of the big club comes calling. Hopefully this trend can continue for the whalers with this trio.

TASK # 2

Reporter : Hello White Goodman. Thank you for this interview today.

Goodman: it’s my pleasure. Thank you for having me.

Reporter: Vancouver has made the playoffs so congrats on that in your first season. How do you feel your chances as a team are going into the Playoffs against Halifax?

Goodman: Next Question. I don’t want to waste my time talking about a team that will never give us a chance to sweat. We can beat them any day of the week and with me no the team Halifax has nothing in the part of hope. We are better than them. Have always been better than them, will always be better than them.

Reporter: How far do you see yourselves going?

Goodman: We go as far as we can. With me in goal that can be all the way to a championship. Vancouver is better with me in net. their hopes rely on the goalie which is me and i will not let them down. Not like Luca Del vecchio will do with Kelowna.

Reporter: thank you for your time sir.

TASK #3

Its hard not to pick Jake Primeau (ANCHORAGE) as the league MVP. 28 goals, 32 assists for 60 points in 50 games is an absolute beast of a season. The next Anchorage player is 7 points back of him and he was 16 points ahead of the 3rd highest player in Anchorage. All this averaging less ice time than those ahead of him on the leaders board ( minus 1 player ). He was also a plus player with a plus 14 and only 27 penalty minutes. 5 game winning goals, and a 1.26 points per game. Face-off percentage of 48.15%. 5 times first star, 5 times second star and 4 times third star. 14 times he went on to be a 3 star selection in 50 games. 15 power play points in 120 power play minutes. Also only 956 minutes played total. When you factor all the numbers and realize that he did not even play a thousand minutes in 50 games. the obvious choice is Jake Primeau.

Task #4

If i had to play for another team other than Vancouver Whalers, i would have to pick the Kelowna Knights simply because Luca Del Vecchio sucks as a goalie and they would be better off with WHITE GOODMAN AS THEIR GOALIE. Kelowna would benefit from Goodmans winning expertise. The winning pedegree of an all-star elite goalie leading the way may very well lead them to a championship that their current goalie can not. Both goalies faced off back in italy with their development teams but here in the SMJHL kelowna may very well have drafted the wrong goalie for their championship aspirations. Goodman would have taken them past the first round as he did for Vancouver. the day may soon arrive where Kelowna will look at the two goalies and admit the chose wrong. Goodman may have gone 10th overall in the SMJHL draft, but clearly should have gone before Del Vecchio.

Task # 5

My first offseason in the SMJHL sees Goodman going back to Italy to see his Family, eat great food and enjoy some good relaxation time.While in Italy Goodman will train hard about 2 weeks into rest time before boarding a plane and head off to the WJC to play for Finland. Until then Awesome tourist sites and party time await.

Once WJC arrives Goodman will play for Finland, for the second time. Now a true representative of Finland, he will try and bring some medal glory to Finlands medal cabinet. After beating Canada the last time he played WJC he will attempt to had a few more milestones at this WJC.

As the next season approches, Goodman will make sure he is ready and focused for the Vancouver Whalers S51 season as they attenpt to win another championship, which will rely heavily on White Goodman for it but for now, enjoy the offseason.

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2019, 04:51 PM by Gooney.)

Task #1 - [Written Option]  Which line combination is making/has made the biggest positive impact in for your team in the playoffs? Which is making/has made the biggest negative impact? Why?  Requirements: Must include at least 150 words.  [Graphics Option]  Create an infographic comparing your team's best line combo vs the worst line combo.  Requirements: Must include at least 3 stats.

The line that popped off the hardest for the Vancouver Whalers was definitely the Cullen Gray, Jan Zacha, Bobby Bobcalf line. They clicked together really well together. They were a constant force out there making the other teams lines shiver from fear. Gray had 9 points in 10 games while playing solid defense. My boy Big ol Bobby Bobcalf had a nice 5 goals in 10 games, while adding another 2 assists. My good man Jan Zacha was an apple machine this post season. He had a whopping 7 assists! Wowie! This man can not be stopped. Worse was definitely the Stracimir Petrovic, The stingray that Killed steve Irwin, and Cullen Gray line. Gray tried to carry these two bums but he just wasn't able to. They were a bit of a black hole out there. Not able to generate much offesne and was eventually the Vanoucurer Whalers downfall. They were just not strong enough to help contribute and get them past the 2nd round.

Jagger Forquette is my Most Valuable Player no doubt haha.  Forquette carried the Falcons very well. Wow what a solid player. One of the best wingers ive seen in this Decade. Special Kid. He put in thirty three goals this season. Huge numbers and he didnt stop there. This man put in thirty nine assists which you just like to see. So in total he put up 72 points which is just a bonkers number that you just do not see in this day and age. He was nine points ahead of the second highest scorer which just shows how much of a talent this young boy really is. Truly impressive stuff. The Falcons finished strong and easily made the playoffs. They made it to the semi finals and were close to making it to the finals. Forquette was a major reason for that. Forquette did not have the most talaented line mates but that did not stop him from popping in a couple pointies.

"The Stingray That Killed Steve Irwin, how did you feel about the teams playoffs hopes coming in so late into the season"

Well I knew they were a bad team coming in. So I was not expecting to be able to  make the playoffs this season. We kinda struggled all season but that was what I was looking for. I want to grow with a young team and hopefully be able to make the playoffs in the upcoming season.

"With your player improving, do you feel Vancouver is set to make a big impact in the next post season"

Yeah I feel like I have done a lot of improvements to my body this off season. I got some good hands and can score some good goals. As for the team, I still think we have a ways to go before we start thinking about the playoffs. We are going to have to have a strong regular season to get ready for the playoffs.

Task #4 - If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?  Requirements:  Must include at least 150 words. 

This is an easy answer for me. It would definitely be the Detroit Falcons. They have some of my great friends on their. First of all they have the Most Valuable Player in my opinion in Jagger Forquette. He makes everyone around him better so it would be really easy to play on a line with that big boy haha am I right? Scao Anazibf slots in at center. He is a big boy and a force to be reckon with in the middle of the ice. Hes a big rock out there, he plays strong defense while also providing some big boy offense. A lot of stuff to like about the big man Scao Anazibf. I feel like the The stingray that Killed steve irwin would slot in perfectly on the other side of Jagger Forquette. He would have a lot room out there to make some moves with having two other fantastic playes on his line. I think it would definitely improve their chances of winning the cup.

After a long regular season and a decent playoff run, The stingray that Killed steve irwin is looking to just kick back and relax a little bit this off season. Might go on a little trip to the Ocean and just relax with some of the homies. Have a little drinks with the boys. But after that he def has to get back into working out for the next season. He wants to take a huge step forward next season so he can really pop off and to try and bring a championship back to the Big V! Go vancouver baby woohoo!. I love vancouver great team, great times.

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]