Create Account

Announcement. Build strength and weaknesses tweak - defense.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2019, 01:02 PM by ArGarBarGar.)

Morning all.

Head office and the Rookie mentor team has agreed a change to four of our player builds.

Defense is being removed as a weakness option for all builds. This is due to its high level of influence defense has for skaters on ice performance, the ease of misunderstanding it's importance by new players, and the lack of current players affected by any such change - there are no players playing with a defense weakness.

STRENGTH has been chosen as the attribute to replace DEFENSE in the three forward builds,for the offensive defenseman build DEFENSE has been removed only.

Specific build changes:

offensive forward weakness: Choose one of Checking/Defense/Strength

sniper forward weakness: Choose one of Checking/Defense/Strength

playmaking forward weakness: Choose one of Checking/Defense/Strength

offensive defenseman weakness: Choose one of Checking/Defense/Strength

There was a lengthy discussion via a suggestion thread that lead to this change. Thank you to all that took part. Especially to DrunkenTeddy who kicked it off and lead the discussion.

The player creator tool has already been updated and the build templates in the forum will be updated shortly.

Due to this change Playmaking forwards, Sniper forwards and Offensive Forwards are permitted to change their WEAKNESS ONLY to one of the two allowed weaknesses for free, linking this post in the update - Strength changes are not permitted as part of this change. Players with a free strength/weakness change will still have a free change left.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Good change, nice to see forum suggestion and discussion that stemmed from it making it to the rulebook.

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

As the kids say, yeet.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

I’m WBF and I approve this message

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Two positive league changes in 24 hours based on suggestion threads, wtf is HO actually good now?

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

What are we supposed to be outraged about now?

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

If we are one of these builds do we get a free change?

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

11-07-2019, 12:19 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: If we are one of these builds do we get a free change?

i doubt it, since only 4 inactive people had defense as a weakness

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

11-07-2019, 12:24 PM.bojo Wrote:
11-07-2019, 12:19 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: If we are one of these builds do we get a free change?

i doubt it, since only 4 inactive people had defense as a weakness

ya but im pidgeon-hole'd into not having defense as a weakness, i would like to be a checking player but since it was my only option as a weakness it's what it is

11-07-2019, 12:30 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
11-07-2019, 12:24 PM.bojo Wrote: i doubt it, since only 4 inactive people had defense as a weakness

ya but im pidgeon-hole'd into not having defense as a weakness, i would like to be a checking player but since it was my only option as a weakness it's what it is

oh right. i forgot they added strength as an option.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Unpopular opinion but why not have the option for a sniper to have passing as a weakness and a playmaker to have scoring as a weakness? It would create more diversity in player builds and also be more realistic since we'll see more pure scorers/passers like in real life.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

11-07-2019, 12:39 PMBDonini Wrote: Unpopular opinion but why not have the option for a sniper to have passing as a weakness and a playmaker to have scoring as a weakness? It would create more diversity in player builds and also be more realistic since we'll see more pure scorers/passers like in real life.

for like sths sake i don't think this makes sense, since like the optimal thing is have like a +/- spread of decision making attributes, so if your weakness is passing and scoring is at like 99 and passing is at 60 i think your player will be a big time pepega.

11-07-2019, 12:41 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
11-07-2019, 12:39 PMBDonini Wrote: Unpopular opinion but why not have the option for a sniper to have passing as a weakness and a playmaker to have scoring as a weakness? It would create more diversity in player builds and also be more realistic since we'll see more pure scorers/passers like in real life.

for like sths sake i don't think this makes sense, since like the optimal thing is have like a +/- spread of decision making attributes, so if your weakness is passing and scoring is at like 99 and passing is at 60 i think your player will be a big time pepega.

I mean we used to have it earlier on, my old player was a PWF with passing as a weakness for most of his career and he did just fine.

11-07-2019, 12:45 PMBDonini Wrote:
11-07-2019, 12:41 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: for like sths sake i don't think this makes sense, since like the optimal thing is have like a +/- spread of decision making attributes, so if your weakness is passing and scoring is at like 99 and passing is at 60 i think your player will be a big time pepega.

I mean we used to have it earlier on, my old player was a PWF with passing as a weakness for most of his career and he did just fine.

what was your scoring - passing spread?

11-07-2019, 12:47 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
11-07-2019, 12:45 PMBDonini Wrote: I mean we used to have it earlier on, my old player was a PWF with passing as a weakness for most of his career and he did just fine.

what was your scoring - passing spread?

No idea we're talking ~35 seasons ago, not even sure I can pull up an index.

Retired at 95SC/80PA but a lot of changes were made to my build by my GMs when I was IA and regressing, no clue what it was at peak.