Create Account

A Look Into S50 Award Voting
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2019, 10:01 PM by BDonini.)

Back again this season with an inside look at my S50 awards voting, I had a little more time this season to go into more detail about my nominations and about what I thought on the final nominations and who the winners should be. I also decided that I want to prevent making picks that seem somewhat arbitrary moving forward so I decided to introduce specific methodology for my nominations for each award. For this season I started with position specific awards since they're easiest to create a specific criteria for, if I stay on the committee for future seasons I'd like to work towards having personal criteria for every award.

Ron Mexico Award (League MVP)
1. Mikhail Lokitonov @ml002 Stars - This one should come as no surprise as Lokitonov showed far and away this season that he's the best player in the SHL right now, finishing with a league leading 67 points and adding a strong all around game with 199 hits, 229 shots and an incredible 27 blocks. He also played big special teams minutes for the Stars. His underlying numbers only strengthen his case as he finished the season with strong CF% and RelCF% at 53.42% and 6.53%, he had a league leading 7.427 total point shares and an elite 79.8% IPP

2. Piotr Czerkawski @majesiu Specters - Czerkawski finished 3rd in scoring with 57 points and was a big part of the Specters season putting up 6.652 total point shares while contributing 184 hits, 194 shots and 9 blocks with almost 220 special teams minutes. Czerkawski had impressive underlying numbers to back up his season with a strong CF% of 53.72% and 71.3% IPP.

3. Robert Phelps @DrunkenTeddy Steelhawks - While Phelps dropped a little lower on the scoring list with 55 points putting him in 6th, it was his advanced stats that really built a strong case for his nomination as he had the 7th best CF% in the league for players with at least 1000 shot attempts at 55.2% and the 3rd best RelCF% with an incredible 8.92%. He also 6.291 total point shares and a 73.3% IPP.

Final Votes:
1. Mikhail Lokitonov Stars
2. Piotr Czerkawski Specters
3. Kristaps Ball Barracuda

Comments:
Quote:I don't think the winner here will be very surprising, Lokitonov was absolutely amazing this season carrying Toronto into the playoffs on his back and nobody else deserves to win it over him this time. I do have to say I still really disagree with the nomination of Kristaps Ball, regardless of how many points he had you simply can't convince me that a player with negative CF% and RelCF% was the most valuable player in the league. 

John McBride Award (Best Goaltender)
1. Cedric Robinson @grok Stampede -  Cedric Robinson had a stellar season in which he led the league in Sv% with .921, GAA with 2.49, point shares with 10.73 and GSAA with 23.19, the only important categories he didn't lead were shutouts in which he still had a respectable 3 and quality starts% in which he had a more modest 63.64% but that alone is not enough to overshadow the 4 categories in which he comfortably led the league. Not a good enough season to match the standard set for goalies being MVP nominees but definitely enough to comfortably be the best goaltender.

2. Benjamin Blue @"BoucherFan12" Barracuda - Blue has consistently been one of the league's best goalies over the last 5 seasons and this season was no different as he had the league's 2nd best Sv% at .919, a 2.63 GAA which was good enough for 4th, an excellent 6 shutouts which led the league as well as the 2nd best GSAA at 19.9 and QS% at 67.44%. His 10.34 point shares were good enough for 3rd.

3. Walter Hobbs @Jearim Renegades/Jets - Hobbs' season really stands out considering he spent a large part of the season in the basement dwelling Renegades and was then traded to the Jets who struggled down the stretch but it seems that these performances would've been even worse without Hobbs who still managed a .916 Sv%, he had the 2nd most point shares with 10.62 and his 69.77% QS% led the league. He also had the 2nd highest workload in the league facing 1518 shots and managing 16.69 GSAA. It's safe to say that Hobbs was one of the only reasons both his teams didn't sink even worse than they did.

Methodology: Take cutoff of top 5 in Sv%, compare GSAA, GPS, SO, QS%, Shots faced, GAA, Wins in that order of importance.

Final Votes: 
1. Cedric Robinson
2. Benjamin Blue
3. Geezus Kryyst

Comments:
Quote:I don't think there should be much controversy here, it'll be closer than the Mexico but Robinson should still win it. 

Scott Stevens Award (Best Defenseman)
1. Tig Murphy @notorioustig Steelhawks - After many seasons of failing to live up to expectations, Murphy's first elite season was good enough to make him a legitimate Stevens contender, Murphy finished 2nd in D scoring with 50 points complemented with 98 hits, 134 shots, 73 blocks and 146 power play minutes showing that he had a very well rounded season. The advanced stats is where his case becomes even stronger with the 2nd highest total point shares among defensemen at 6.409, the 3rd most zone entries in the league with 1065, an impressive 75.8% IPP, a 1.093 STL/TO ratio and great possession numbers with 52.58% CF% and 4.42% RelCF%.

2. Charlie Schieck @Grapehead pride - Schieck is another player who's flown a little more under the radar than other top defensemen until this season, he finished 3rd in D scoring with 45 points. While his all around game wasn't as strong as the other nominees with only 51 hits, 106 shots and 53 blocks, Schieck was still trusted with 230 minutes of special team time making him an important player in all situations. His most outstanding stat and definitely the one that gives him this nominee is his CF% and RelCF%, at an amazing 53.48% and 5.21%, his possession numbers rank highest out of all potential Stevens candidates. He also put up strong STL/TO and zone entry numbers with 1.019 and 895 respectively.

3. Rex Kirkby @Acsolap Platoon - Kirkby finished 4th in D scoring with 44 points and was amazing all around for the Platoon as their franchise defenseman had 154 hits, 104 shots, 88 blocks and over 220 minutes of special team time. He ranked first in the league in zone entries with 1070 making him extremely important in transition play and he had a strong 1.053 STL/TO ratio. He had 5.25 total point share and while his CF% of 47.73% was not great, his 2.68 RelCF% tells us that West Kendall was actually much better off with him on the ice than with him off the ice making him a strong Stevens candidate.

Methodology: Take cutoff of top 10 in D scoring, cut any player with CF% < 50% *and* RelCF% < 0, compare zone entries, hits, shots, blocks, STL/TO ratio, special team minutes in that order of importance.

Final Votes:
1. Tig Murphy
2. Charlie Schieck
3. Kristaps Ball

Comments:
Quote:I have a lot of thoughts about this one, I think it'll really be closer than it should be but to me the best all around defenseman was Tig Murphy. I stayed consistent with how I voted in S47 when Brady McIntyre ended up in a similar position as Kristaps Ball and did not nominate Ball or have him as the winner in my final voting. It would be hard for me to argue in favour of the committee's position if he does win, I understand 57 points is a lot but the award should clearly be for the best all around defenseman which someone with negative CF% and RelCF% simply is not.

Ryan Jesster Award (Best Rookie)
1. Mika Kandinsky @Mika_Kandinsky Stars - Whether or not it was a product of playing next to the league's best player in Mikhail Lokitonov, it's impossible to deny the outstanding rookie season that Mika Kandinsky had, he smashed the old rookie points record, finishing 2nd in the entire league with 62 points, he had the league's 2nd highest total point shares with 7.309 as well as very impressive CF%, RelCF% and IPP% at 53.02%, 5.89% and 73.8% respectively. Whether he's the real deal without Lokitonov by his side we won't know for a while but what we do know is that he's just had the best rookie season in SHL history by a long shot.

2. Austin Roenick @XLeafer Barracuda - After flying a little more under the radar in the juniors, Roenick wasted no time to introduce himself to the big leagues, putting up 43 points this season which was good enough for 3rd all time in rookie points and first among Barracuda forwards this season. While many would say that Tampa Bay's surprise season could be attributed mainly to Benjamin Blue and Kristaps Ball, it's very difficult to ignore the contributions that Roenick made to the Barracuda's offense, with star forward Flacko Lagerfield having an off year, Roenick took the reigns and put up the numbers of a seasoned veteran as a rookie, boasting 5.107 total point shares, 51.66 CF%, 2.25 RelCF% and 64.2% IPP to go with his exceptional point totals.

3. Lallo Selman @me syndicate -  The league's highest touted rookie started off the first half of the season on pace to be the 2nd player to break the rookie points record this season but struggled heavily in the 2nd half of the season finishing with 38 points, good enough to land him in the top 10 all time rookie scoring list in what has been an incredible season for SHL rookies. Selman was a huge part of why the struggling Syndicate were in the playoff race until the very end as he finished 2nd on the team in scoring while contributing 4.130 point shares and boasting an impressive 71.7% IPP.

Final Votes:
1. Mika Kandisnky
2. Austin Roenick
3. Lallo Selman

Comments:
Quote:I don't think there's anything controversial here, these 3 rookies were levels above the rest of the S50 rookie class and were rightly nominated for it, that being said, Kandinsky's historic season should win it for him easily.

Jeff Dar Award (Best Two-Way Forward)
1. Mikhail Lokitonov @ml002 Stars - Lokitonov's MVP season just gets even more impressive as he was really the complete player for the North Stars this season, shining on both ends of the ice. He had the 5th most hits in the league at 199 and the 6th highest defensive point shares among forwards with 1.912, he added 67 points to that making him an absolute force to be reckoned with. If those numbers weren't enough, he had 27 blocks which is absolutely outstanding for a forward. He also had 98 penalty kill minutes and strong possession numbers with 53.42% CF% and 6.53% RelCF%.

2. Mike Izzy @Mike Izzy Dragons - The league's prototypical power forward is in the Dar conversation once again this season, Izzy put up 186 hits which had him in 8th in the league, he also had the 7th highest defensive point shares for forwards with 1.879 and 51 points showing his contributions at both ends of the ice. He had an impressive 20 blocks and an incredible 141 penalty kill minutes on one of the league's best PKs. He also had 53.17% CF% and 4.74% RelCF%.

3. Andreas Kvalheim @raymond3000 Renegades - Kvalheim's first elite season introduced him to the rest of the league as one of the league's best up and coming power forwards, his monstrous 245 hits led the entire league and while his 0.873 defensive point shares were low, it's hard to fault him too much for that on an awful Renegades team. He had his first truly elite offensive season going almost ppg with 49 points and he added 18 blocks and 121 penalty kill minutes to that. His 48.66% CF% was not good but his RelCF% shows that that really just had to do with the fact that the Renegades were bad because his insane 9.94% RelCF% led the league amongst players with at least 1000 total shot attempts and showed just how important he really was to the renegades at both ends of the ice.

Methodology: Take cutoff of top 10 hitters for forwards, compare defensive point shares, points, blocks, pkm, cf/relcf% in that order of importance.

Final Votes:
1. Mikhail Lokitonov
2. Mike Izzy
3. Andreas Kvalheim

Comments:
Quote:Should be interesting to see who wins this one, I think there's an argument to be made for all 3 and I expect all 3 will get at least one first place vote, I do however think that the underlying numbers show that Lokitonov should take it home once again.

Bojo Biscuit Award (Best Defensive Defenseman)
1. Rex Kirkby @Acsolap Platoon - Kirkby was a little lower in defensive point shares coming in at 10th with 3.182 but what really stood out were the rest of his stats with his 154 hits being 4th among defensemen, his 88 blocks being good enough for 3rd in the league and his 962 steals which were also 3rd best in the league. There may be in argument that his 90 penalty kill minutes are not high enough compared to other candidates for the award but given the fact that West Kendall had the 2nd least penalty minutes in the league and given how outstanding his other stats were, it won't mean much in the end.

2. Otis B. Driftwood @Slappydoodle Dragons - Driftwood ranked 3rd in the league in defensive point shares at 3.388, he had 134 hits and 64 blocks to go along with his huge role on Calgary's 3rd ranked penalty kill having played 137 minutes there. He had 854 steals and a 1.16 STL/TO ratio making him a stalwart on Calgary's blueline. The superstar defenseman may have had a slightly off year offensively which kept him out of the Stevens conversation but his outstanding defensive stats have him as a Biscuit award frontrunner.

3. Tatu Makela @WannabeFinn Stampede - Makela had 3.251 defensive point shares which were good enough for 8th in the league. This was complemented by his 152 hits, 72 blocked shots, 816 steals (1.133 STL/TO) and 114 penalty kill minutes. He didn't have a few stand out stats like Kirkby and Driftwood did but he was consistently solid across all of the categories without any glaring weakness in his defensive play this season.

Methodology: Take cutoff of anyone with defensive point shares of 3.00+, compare blocks, hits, steals and penalty kill minutes among remaining players in that order of importance.

Final Votes:
1. Rex Kirkby
2. Richard Physt
3. Zander Rhys

Comments:
Quote:Really not sure what to expect for this one like always there are many different interpretations for the Biscuit award, for me Kirkby should edge it out but I don't know what the others are thinking so we'll really have to see.

Aidan Richan Award (Most Improved Player)
1. Noah Konn @NJBadApple Jets - This is an unfortunate one because Noah Konn announced that after years of failing to live up to expectations, he would be retiring at the end of the season. He followed that up by putting up an absolutely elite season which could've gotten him MVP shouts had Winnipeg made the playoffs. Konn had 52 points this season putting him 7th in the league, his previous career high was 38 which is nothing special by any means for a top forward in his prime but Konn finally had his big breakout, it's a shame we won't get to see what might've been for Konn as he entered his prime.

2. Tig Murphy @notorioustig Steelhawks - Murphy is another really skilled player who hadn't really shown it up to now in his production, having never passed 34 points in his career before, he hit 50 points this season taking him from a solid defenseman for the Steelhawks to the true Stevens level franchise defenseman that the Steelhawks had been hoping that he'd be.

3. Jimmy Slothface @slothfacekilla Specters - The young Slothface was a really highly touted prospect but was eased into the league slowly in a depth role where he put up only 24 and 23 points as a rookie and sophomore. Slothface finally got to play a bigger role this season and he definitely didn't disappoint, putting up 44 points in his 3rd career season and giving the Spectres hope that their young star is on his way to big things in his career after his S50 breakout introduced him to the rest of the league.

Final Votes:
1. Tig Murphy
2. Jimmy Slothface
3. Xavier Paquette

Comments:
Quote:Another award for which I have strong opinions, I have to admit that it was close for me between Jimmy Slothface and Xavier Paquette for my 3rd nominee but the omission of Konn who could've been an MVP candidate had Winnipeg made the playoffs for Paquette is really a joke, to be blunt. This exact committee voted Dick Skillstedt as a nominee in S46 the season before he retired but then omitted Noah Konn who had a strong case to win the award because it was the season before he retired, I can't really defend that call. Whatever though, Tig Murphy should win this one. 

Lance Uppercut Award (Best General Manager)
1. San Francisco Pride @Grapehead & @tweedledunn pride - The Pride have been slowly building one of the strongest teams in the league, they've put together one of the league's best D cores and their forward group finally came together this season. All the hard work of the last few seasons finally paid off with their first place finish and although they didn't make any major moves this season, the midseason move to improve their depth was a nice touch.

2. Tampa Bay Barracuda @JSS & @Jepox Barracuda - Another team who didn't do anything major this season but their rebuild has finally come together as they have probably the best young core in the league to complement superstars Flacko Lagerfield, Kristaps Ball and Benjamin Blue. Their GM has done an excellent job of rebuilding around those 3 and now their young superstars helped lead them to a 2nd place finish overall, 1st in the East.

3. New England Wolfpack @Ace & @hotdog Wolfpack - In a season that didn't have many major moves one move stood out enough to put the Wolfpack in the Uppercut conversation, the Wolfpack were stunned by superstar Noah Konn's decision to retire early and they effectively turned him into one of the league's best budding superstars without giving up much more. Ola Wagstrom on a discount is the kind of move that any team dreams of, but the Wolfpack are the ones who got it done.

Final Votes:
1. San Francisco Pride
2. Tampa Bay Barracuda
3. Buffalo Stampede

Comments:
Quote:Not much to it here really, the top 2 are the most deserving for this award this season and it wouldn't be surprising if one of those  two wins it, 3rd nominee could've really gone to a few teams, the Stampede are definitely a good shout for it.

Joe McKeil Award (Best Coach)
1. Toronto North Stars @ml002 Stars - The North Stars shocked absolutely everybody, being predicted to win only 17 games this season by most betting experts, the Stars were led by Mikhail Lokitonov and some fantastic coaching to 26 wins and a playoff birth. They were one of the league's offensive juggernauts with the 2nd most goals and the 2nd most shots in the league and they did it while having one of the worst PDOs in the league, there was nothing lucky about this, the Stars coaching staff worked hard to get the worst team in the league on paper into the playoffs.

2. San Francisco Pride @Grapehead & @tweedledunn pride -  After a season where their coaching staff took a lot of heat for underperforming and missing the playoffs with a team that could've been a Challenge Cup contender, the Pride bounced back and their coaching staff got the job done this season as the Pride showed that the hype around them was justified and they dominated their way to 1st place in the league. With the 2nd league goals against and the 2nd least shots against in the league, the Pride took advantage of their biggest strength and effectively shut down their opponents this season. Their power play also performed at an elite level finishing 2nd in the league.

3. Hamilton Steelhawks Steelhawks - The Steelhawks are another team with a roster that really wasn't expected to make the playoffs this season with only 3 stars and a bunch of mediocre players, the Hawks coaching staff had a great season to get them not only a playoff birth but 29 wins and 1st in their division beating out the stacked Buffalo Stampede. Their special teams stood out and was probably part of the reason that they did so well.

Final Votes:
1. Toronto North Stars
2. Hamilton Steelhawks
3. Tampa Bay Barracuda

edit: in hindsight.......yikes

Comments:
Quote:The Stars should win this one pretty easily, the Barracuda were close to being my 3rd nomination and there's definitely a case for them on this list so not much to say here really.

Anton Razov Award (Playoff MVP)
1. Mike Izzy @Mike Izzy Dragons - Mike Izzy was unbelievable all playoffs long for Calgary has he led the team and league in points by a large margin with 32, 6 more than the next best player. He made contributions at both ends of the ice for the Dragons with 68 hits and 6 blocks in 20 games making him the complete package for Calgary. He played huge special teams minutes, won 52.74% of his face-offs and had 3 game winning goals as he led Calgary to yet another Challenge Cup.

2. Kata Vilde @BarnabasCollins Dragons - We almost had another case of a goalie being the playoff MVP this season with Vilde's performances through the first 3 rounds being lights out amazing. Vilde regressed a little in the finals with his Sv% dropping to .920 and pulling him closer to the rest of the goalies but regardless he was still a standout performer all playoffs long for Calgary and deserves recognition for it.

3. Shooter McGavin @c00kies Dragons - McGavin played more minutes than everyone else on the Dragons while putting up 25 points in 20 games. He also led the team in both power play minutes and penalty kill minutes and had 3 game winning goals making him indispensable to the team in practically every situation.

Final Votes:
1. Mike Izzy
2. Kata Vilde
3. Shooter McGavin

Comments:
Quote:No surprises here really, the 3 most deserving candidates this season. Should be a close one between Izzy and Vilde for the winner but I think Izzy takes it.

Damian Littleton Award (Most Dedicated Member)
1. bbjygm @bbjygm - Slap is a user who has done a lot to help behind the scenes, making the jobs of many other users a lot easier to handle. He completely revamped the SMJHL pick tracking system after taking over as the pick tracker, making it impressive to the point where it actually generates a draft order for SMJHL GMs and HO to use. He's made several tools to help the updating team including one to automatically check how many remaining updates there are for each team in the league and one to check if users made a post in a thread that they claimed TPE from like an activity check. He also created, organized and still runs the Hot Potato which has become an integral piece of league media.

2. SDCore @SDCore - SD is one of the members who's dedication to the league goes under the radar because it's seen as just part of his job but in reality he goes far and above what his job requires him to do. He is one of the biggest faces of HO around the forums, taking heat in public threads when there's heat for HO to be taken and always doing his best to address people's concerns. The awards committee was also told that he's one of the members of HO who gets the most done behind the scenes as well. Additionally, with the shortage of updaters this season, SD was regularly updating almost a third of the league on his own going way above what is expected of most updaters to make sure that everyone's updates get done and the league runs smoothly.

3. Infidel @Inf1d3l - Infidel's dedication to the SHL Casino has added a great feature to the site that has enhanced the league's experience for a lot of people by adding something that keeps people engaged throughout the season. He is the main person responsible for everything Casino related and does his most to keep it fresh and engaging be it through the Casino media or adding new features to it like parlays and the pick'em league. He also put a lot of work into making the over/under bets challenging and exciting by using stats and test sims to make projections.

Final Votes:
1. SDCore
2. Infidel
3. Tomen

Comments:
Quote:Always a difficult one because the members who do the most for the league usually don't get noticed and don't make the things they do for the league known. I do regret getting my nomination for this award in late because I think bbjygm really deserved at the very least a nominee for everything he does behind the scenes and I think I would've been able to build a case for him had most members not already submitted their nomination list. That being said Tomen is absolutely a deserving candidate for a nominee here, I have nothing against that nomination.

Like always I hope this answered any questions or concerns anyone may have had about the winners or nominees, hopefully I'll be back with the committee next season to be able to keep bringing this insight to the league.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2019, 09:55 PM by HoltzFan10.)

11-24-2019, 09:48 PMBDonini Wrote: John McBride Award (Best Goaltender)
1. Cedric Robinson Stampede -  Cedric Robinson had a stellar season in which he led the league in Sv% with .921, GAA with 2.49, point shares with 10.73 and GSAA with 23.19, the only important categories he didn't lead were shutouts in which he still had a respectable 3 and quality starts% in which he had a more modest 63.64% but that alone is not enough to overshadow the 4 categories in which he comfortably led the league. Not a good enough season to match the standard set for goalies being MVP nominees but definitely enough to comfortably be the best goaltender.

2. Benjamin Blue Barracuda - Blue has consistently been one of the league's best goalies over the last 5 seasons and this season was no different as he had the league's 2nd best Sv% at .919, a 2.63 GAA which was good enough for 4th, an excellent 6 shutouts which led the league as well as the 2nd best GSAA at 19.9 and QS% at 67.44%. His 10.34 point shares were good enough for 3rd.

3. Walter Hobbs Renegades/Jets - Hobbs' season really stands out considering he spent a large part of the season in the basement dwelling Renegades and was then traded to the Jets who struggled down the stretch but it seems that these performances would've been even worse without Hobbs who still managed a .916 Sv%, he had the 2nd most point shares with 10.62 and his 69.77% QS% led the league. He also had the 2nd highest workload in the league facing 1518 shots and managing 16.69 GSAA. It's safe to say that Hobbs was one of the only reasons both his teams didn't sink even worse than they did.

Methodology: Take cutoff of top 5 in Sv%, compare GSAA, GPS, SO, QS%, Shots faced, GAA, Wins in that order of importance.

Final Votes: 
1. Cedric Robinson
2. Benjamin Blue
3. Geezus Kryyst

Comments:
I don't think there should be much controversy here, it'll be closer than the Mexico but Robinson should still win it. 
This is what I expected and wanted to happen tbh
But it wasn’t what actually happened sadly

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Would have liked my third straight Dar but three straight noms and 2 of 3 wins ain't bad

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

I think Blue & Robinson was closer than expected, either deserved it.

As for the Littleton, the fact I even got a nomination was a surprise to me let alone winning it over two dedicated members like that.

I love the sharing of your ballot every season, really gives some insight to how you look into each and every vote!

Agree with pretty much all of these, very sad that Murphy walked away empty and I think the argument for Toronto being coty is very strong.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

11-24-2019, 10:01 PMWaters Wrote: Agree with pretty much all of these, very sad that Murphy walked away empty and I think the argument for Toronto being coty is very strong.

Still a little surprised myself that Tig didn't win at least one of the two

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

appreciate it, BigD!

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

11-24-2019, 09:54 PMml002 Wrote: Would have liked my third straight Dar but three straight noms and 2 of 3 wins ain't bad
Funnily enough, the exact same thing happened to Chris York in S41. Apparently its incredibly difficult to win three straight Dars. Seven players have won in back-to-back seasons, but no one has ever won three in a row.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Thanks for the mention @BDonini , but the truth is I’ll never get a Biscuit nom. Resigned myself to it a long time ago.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

someday ill win goty

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Great in-depth look at your thoughts.

Really seems like you’re one of the few on this committee that shouldn’t be fired. Agree with you on a lot of your points. Ball winning anything with those underlying numbers is just a shame.

But you know, points.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Passamus more like flaming hot droppings

RETIRED

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 02:06 PM by karlssens.)

I'll play devil's advocate here. Yes Ball led all defenseman in scoring which certainly helps his argument for the Stevens and yes his corsi was <50 which is a bad look, but he also finished with...
+ higher rating
+ more shot blocks
+ more power play points (with the same number of powerplay minutes)
+ more steals
+ higher DPS and TPS

when compared to your front runner, Tig Murphy. I love me some advanced statistics, but to chop off all defenders with a corsi less than 50% is a bit much. I had these guys 1, 2 in my nominations.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

11-25-2019, 02:05 PMkarlssens Wrote: I'll play devil's advocate here. Yes Ball led all defenseman in scoring which certainly helps his argument for the Stevens and yes his corsi was <50 which is a bad look, but he also finished with...
+ higher rating
+ more shot blocks
+ more power play points (with the same number of powerplay minutes)
+ more steals
+ higher DPS and TPS

when compared to your front runner, Tig Murphy. I love me some advanced statistics, but to chop off all defenders with a corsi less than 50% is a bit much. I had these guys 1, 2 in my nominations.
[Image: source.gif]

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Haters gonna hate

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]