Create Account

Sushi with the Boys V2
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 02:56 AM by 5ympathies.)

The 4 people that clicked on this article, who are also only going to be my teammates may be wondering, what happened to V1? Where was that posted? Well it wasn't and likely won't be. It's been left to die in my saved drafts, and keeps company to my article about colours. 

During this lockout the boys have been feasting on some sushi. West coast natives myself and New England teammate Guy Zheng @goldenglutes have been pushing the team towards it and I have to say, the quality of fish here is not something I am used to. Man's about to request a trade out of this place just for some better sushi. Regardless of that, since we can't do any better here we might as well just used to it. You would think after about 4 seasons of living here I would stop complaining, but if you think I'm going to stop complaining about anything, you don't know me very well. This is how our offseason has been so far, and let me tell you, it has been a long one. First thing's first, we get up in the morning have our own individual brekky's and then meet up in the gym. We pump for a bit, get the blood flowing and then have a light lunch before we lace up and get on the ice. We're all out there practicing systems, practicing shooting, skating, puck handling, you name it. For a bit we stopped working on our passing, but after all the drama that's been going on lately, we figured we might as well keep it consistent and practised that as well. After we've working up a huge calorie deficit for the day, we hit the showers, change into some trendy, fashionable outfits and hit our favourite sushi spot: NE Sushi. In case you didn't know NE stands for New England. 

Our first time going was a little rough if I'm being honest. Several of our teammates had never had sushi before and learning of that hurt me to my core. I think our premier d-man Bitties said his favourite roll was the california roll. Bruh. Cmon, you can aim higher. NE sushi is both a la carte and all you can eat, both at a reasonable price, but you know me; moderation is wack and so we always get all you can eat. If there's one thing Zheng knows about me it's that never, under any circumstance, ever give me the sheet to order because I will always order way too much food. Our first visit there as a team, we must have ordered damn near every single item on the menu. I'm talking rolls, even the weird ones like deep fried cali rolls or ones with maple syrup on them, chicken teriyaki, beef udon, sashimi (both tuna and salmon), seaweed cones, deep fried gouda sticks??, we even finished off our meal with mango pudding and jello. As a side note, everyone knows the orange jello is superior to all other colours. Needless to say, the boys had to spend a little more time in the gym and on the ice the day after to burn all that off.

Now days, as this off season draws longer and longer, we're all a little more reserved with our ordering. Chicken karaage, teriyaki, strips, nuggets, wings, all that we love. Great for the protein and not something you would expect to be eating if you're out here trying to eat sushi. If you're trying to maximize your food for money ratio, which is quite weird when you think about it because we are all out here making millions playing hockey, you have to skip the rice dishes. They just fill you up too quickly and rice is really cheap. You are just not getting your money's worth. To really maximize your budget you have to basically just order sashimi and chicken, and jello of course, that's just a no brainer. 

A few days after the draft, we just all of the newbies out to New England to show them around the rink, locker rooms, offices, standard stuff like that. But we also took them out that night and we started the trip at NE Sushi. I say started because we had plans to go out after dinner, but we just ate way too much and many of us ended the night there as well. Hroch @Jabs, the rookie, our first pick of the draft at 22, really blew all of us away. My god, can that boy eat. He put some of the heavyweights on the team to shame. You think you're done eating, your stomachs going to burst, and you look over, this guy is just plowing away, no end in sight. Honestly, unreal to witness, and it's clear he's going to have a big presence in this locker room in the years to come.

If you were curious about the teams favourite kinds of sushi here they are:

@hotdog loves inari. It was new to me if I'm being honest but essentially it's sushi rice hidden away surrounded by deep-fried tofu. Sounds pretty funky and I'm ashamed to say I haven't been able to try it just yet.

@Ace "doesn't really care for sushi" but if he had to pick one it would be the california roll. Months ago I said I would bully him for this opinion and now here I am, doing just that.

@The__Y-man__100 claims to have once eaten the entire inventory of salmon at a sushi restaurant back home, so his favourite is probably something related to salmon.

@jRuutu also doesn't like sushi, so big rift in the locker room here, but @Raven does like sushi so he's in my good books.

One of my favourite rolls (I don't want to commit to a favourite in a shitpost) is un-ironically a deep fried california roll. It can't be too big tho because then it's just unruly. But a decent size, preferably on the smaller end, definitely without mayo or cream cheese inside, which is an option they have a NE Sushi and it just makes it so bad. A big problem with it tho, besides being a meme is that I will always burn every area of the inside of my mouth after eating, because I have no restraint and no patience. 

Maybe one day I'll release the first version of this article.

Code:
2x Draft Media, WC: 1117

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

hi one of the boys here just dropping by to say great article

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

I have very refined taste palate, not risking sabotaging years of work.

Sushi

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=14529437]

I clicked on this media, because you tagged me :thinking:

I love sushi. I had sushi not to long ago. I don't even remember when you asked me about sushi. King crab rolls are the best

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

the sushi article!!!!!!!!! all i'd ever dreamed it would be

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

I am down for anything deep fried.

Kraken    Wolfpack    Inferno
Player Page  •  Update Page  •  Twitter  •  PBE Affiliate
[Image: oie_t51Jz8170MQ6.gif]
[Image: ZvQVgxr.png]

this is great Laughing

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Sushi >>

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]