Create Account

Clarification on negative bank balances

11-18-2019, 11:44 AMWeretarantula Wrote:
11-18-2019, 11:41 AMFuzzSHL Wrote: If someone has proof of money coming in, they literally can’t do anything to make it go faster. Providing said proof to the bank should be enough to get them what they’re trying to buy. Sure, it’s not your job to make other departments work faster, but it’s not the players job either. All this does is hinder a player when other departments are behind. I do not like this at all.

You answered your own question Fuzz.

This wasn’t a question, this was me stating a concern with this change. Also, how did I answer my own question? It’s not the banks job to make sure other departments work faster. But if a player has proof that they are indeed getting money, why punish the player for another department lagging. This is what this change does.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

11-18-2019, 12:02 PMFuzzSHL Wrote:
11-18-2019, 11:44 AMWeretarantula Wrote: You answered your own question Fuzz.

This wasn’t a question, this was me stating a concern with this change. Also, how did I answer my own question? It’s not the banks job to make sure other departments work faster. But if a player has proof that they are indeed getting money, why punish the player for another department lagging. This is what this change does.

There is no change. This is clarification of the rules.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

11-18-2019, 12:02 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: if a player has proof that they are indeed getting money

Say you write media. You write word count that happens to fit how much money you need on the article. Do bankers have to check the word count now to make sure it's right? This is the graders' job.

As someone else pointed out, if you don't like this then your gripe should be with the slow departments, not with the bank.

An alternative might be to allow weekly training purchases to continue, but not allow any equipment/etc while your balance is negative. This makes it so nobody misses a week of training because of a slow department, it also prevents people from spending all $12m (hypothetical) before it is deposited by the graders or whoever.

However, I'm totally behind the bank not allowing undeposited money to be spent. It can be annoying to certain individual circumstances, but for the sake of running a sim bank this size, we need to be a little more strict and organized.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

11-18-2019, 12:02 PMFuzzSHL Wrote:
11-18-2019, 11:44 AMWeretarantula Wrote: You answered your own question Fuzz.

Well back in my day we could just walk to the bank and tell them we had money there and they would just give it to us. These youths are destroying the world.

Honestly, this isnt even a bank issue. If ya'll are mad at the bank you need to take a step back and look at the real problem. Media grading is a slow process. Idk, either hire more graders or the graders that are there need to be held accountable for their slow turnaround.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Ey i did CW but it hasnt been graded yet, update me cause it's coming in any day. I want them all into Scoring.

please and thank you

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

I robbed a bank and now I want to see my 500 million here on the bank!

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 05:24 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Maybe HO should step in at this point and take over the media department. Money from media is too important in the end to end process to have it stalled like this.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

11-18-2019, 11:56 AMAcsolap Wrote: I guess don't write media and expect it to get graded and paid out in one or two days??

I've waited 2+ weeks before though. That's excessive. Not the bank's fault but that's excessive.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland