Create Account

Start of S51 is delayed

11-19-2019, 11:19 PM39alaska39 Wrote:
11-19-2019, 11:18 PMnotorioustig Wrote: Because Hamilton did it
Tig buddy, you know I love you, but this would be an issue if anyone was doing it

This was (mostly) in jest for what it's worth

Love you too bb

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

11-20-2019, 12:22 AMSecondSucks22 Wrote:
11-20-2019, 12:21 AMMike Izzy Wrote: ohhh also..

Off with hamiltons heads! 3 draft pick punishment.  Blink

Izzy do you want riots to happen? cause this is how riots happen, ESPECIALLY WITH THE SITE BEING ON SITH MODE!

good call. i said ^^^ in jest!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

11-20-2019, 12:19 AMGooney Wrote:
11-20-2019, 12:14 AMBDonini Wrote: imagine spending months implementing an exploit that you knew would break the league and then being annoyed that people are angry that you tried to break the league

dont try to  be better
trying to be better by actively making your player worse to exploit the sim engine

I don't blame anyone on Hamilton for trying to figure out a creative build that helps them win, but this is a crystal clear case of exploiting the engine

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2019, 12:26 AM by Leoben.)

What would happen if every team in the league had 40 passing? The rest of us would have copped on eventually and wouldn't this have balanced out?

I support the decision, it's clearly an exploit and not a way to "be better," just curious.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

11-20-2019, 12:14 AMBDonini Wrote:
11-19-2019, 11:45 PMWaters Wrote: imagine being angry at a team for being built better instead of the shitty sim for being shitty

imagine spending months implementing an exploit that you knew would break the league and then being annoyed that people are angry that you tried to break the league
imagine being angry that people used completely legal methods to win by discovering how the sim is bad and acting like that isn't a sim problem

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

11-20-2019, 12:22 AMthiefofcheese Wrote:
11-20-2019, 12:19 AMGooney Wrote: dont try to  be better

This is such a bad take.  This isn't about being better - there is no scenario where logic would say that tanking passing stats is a good thing.  It's a loophole at best.

dont look for advantages. got ya

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

11-20-2019, 12:25 AMWaters Wrote:
11-20-2019, 12:14 AMBDonini Wrote: imagine spending months implementing an exploit that you knew would break the league and then being annoyed that people are angry that you tried to break the league
imagine being angry that people used completely legal methods to win by discovering how the sim is bad and acting like that isn't a sim problem

Completely missed the spirit of the comment though. Is it a sim bug? Hell yeah. Does that mean it's cool to exploit it? Hell no.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

11-20-2019, 12:24 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
11-20-2019, 12:19 AMGooney Wrote: dont try to  be better
trying to be better by actively making your player worse to exploit the sim engine

I don't blame anyone on Hamilton for trying to figure out a creative build that helps them win, but this is a crystal clear case of exploiting the engine

not putting points into checking makes your player better

11-20-2019, 12:25 AMMarc Bradford Wrote: What would happen if every team in the league had 40 passing?  The rest of us would have copped on eventually and wouldn't this have balanced out?

I support the decision, it's clearly an exploit and not a way to "be better," just curious.
Everyone cops on, 40 passing becomes the new meta, and the Passing attribute is added to the garbage heap alongside Discipline and Penalty shot, as well as Checking, Strength, and Faceoffs to a degree.

Moving forward with this meta would further restrict build creativity and go against any remaining realism that this league has.

11-20-2019, 12:27 AMthiefofcheese Wrote:
11-20-2019, 12:25 AMWaters Wrote: imagine being angry that people used completely legal methods to win by discovering how the sim is bad and acting like that isn't a sim problem

Completely missed the spirit of the comment though.  Is it a sim bug?  Hell yeah.  Does that mean it's cool to exploit it?  Hell no.

Remember that team thats spent the last few seasons exploiting loopholes in the rules that just won the CC?

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

11-20-2019, 12:28 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
11-20-2019, 12:25 AMMarc Bradford Wrote: What would happen if every team in the league had 40 passing?  The rest of us would have copped on eventually and wouldn't this have balanced out?

Everyone cops on, 40 passing becomes the new meta, and the Passing attribute is added to the garbage heap alongside Discipline and Penalty shot, as well as Checking, Strength, and Faceoffs to a degree.

Moving forward with this meta would further restrict build creativity and go against any remaining realism that this league has.

realism?

11-20-2019, 12:28 AMGooney Wrote:
11-20-2019, 12:24 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: trying to be better by actively making your player worse to exploit the sim engine

not putting points into checking makes your player better
Well that's just false. There are certainly things wrong with the checking formula in the sim engine but throwing hits doesn't make your player worse.

11-20-2019, 12:29 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
11-20-2019, 12:28 AMGooney Wrote: not putting points into checking makes your player better
Well that's just false. There are certainly things wrong with the checking formula in the sim engine but throwing hits doesn't make your player worse.

nope youre wrong

11-20-2019, 12:29 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
11-20-2019, 12:28 AMGooney Wrote: not putting points into checking makes your player better

dont you dare stray off from our cookie cutter builds

i dont know how we can continue to use this version knowing this passing loophole. that attribute is at the heart of most builds... restrictions on passing goes against the spirit of what were doing here. i think we have to explore another version and run tests on that and see if the same thing happens.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria