Create Account

Start of S51 is delayed

11-20-2019, 12:27 AMthiefofcheese Wrote:
11-20-2019, 12:25 AMWaters Wrote: imagine being angry that people used completely legal methods to win by discovering how the sim is bad and acting like that isn't a sim problem

Completely missed the spirit of the comment though.  Is it a sim bug?  Hell yeah.  Does that mean it's cool to exploit it?  Hell no.
I really don't understand how it's morally wrong to have a better team. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're changing to 2.1, but anybody who would have discovered it would have done the same thing. The superiority complex going on in this thread, acting like we're criminals for doing something within the rules, is something I straight up don't understand.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

11-20-2019, 12:23 AMnotorioustig Wrote:
11-19-2019, 11:19 PM39alaska39 Wrote: Tig buddy, you know I love you, but this would be an issue if anyone was doing it

This was (mostly) in jest for what it's worth

Love you too bb
❤️

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

11-20-2019, 12:30 AMGooney Wrote:
11-20-2019, 12:29 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: Well that's just false. There are certainly things wrong with the checking formula in the sim engine but throwing hits doesn't make your player worse.

dont you dare stray off from our cookie cutter builds
You're yelling at the wrong person for that, old man.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

11-20-2019, 12:28 AMGooney Wrote:
11-20-2019, 12:24 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: trying to be better by actively making your player worse to exploit the sim engine

I don't blame anyone on Hamilton for trying to figure out a creative build that helps them win, but this is a crystal clear case of exploiting the engine

not putting points into checking makes your player better

Well that’s a lie so.. don’t tell lies?

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

im going to get myself suspended TONIGHT

11-20-2019, 12:32 AMWasty Wrote:
11-20-2019, 12:28 AMGooney Wrote: not putting points into checking makes your player better

Well that’s a lie so.. don’t tell lies?

wasty youre a bad gm dont talk lole

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

11-20-2019, 12:25 AMWaters Wrote:
11-20-2019, 12:14 AMBDonini Wrote: imagine spending months implementing an exploit that you knew would break the league and then being annoyed that people are angry that you tried to break the league
imagine being angry that people used completely legal methods to win by discovering how the sim is bad and acting like that isn't a sim problem

you found a loophole that would very clearly break the league you could've brought it up to HO and actually done something to fix the part of the sim that's a problem but instead you tried to implement the loophole to win in bad faith

i too play fake hockey in bad faith so i can beat everyone else to the fake hockey trophy

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Following. Look forward to seeing what valuable contributions @WannabeFinn will make!

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

11-20-2019, 12:28 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
11-20-2019, 12:25 AMMarc Bradford Wrote: What would happen if every team in the league had 40 passing?  The rest of us would have copped on eventually and wouldn't this have balanced out?

I support the decision, it's clearly an exploit and not a way to "be better," just curious.
Everyone cops on, 40 passing becomes the new meta, and the Passing attribute is added to the garbage heap alongside Discipline and Penalty shot, as well as Checking, Strength, and Faceoffs to a degree.

Moving forward with this meta would further restrict build creativity and go against any remaining realism that this league has.

Yea sounds boring.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

nevermind im not going to this league is clown

to quote @ztevans father "It really do be like that"

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

11-20-2019, 12:32 AMSamee Wrote: im going to get myself suspended TONIGHT

Samee about to have a heated gamer moment

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

11-20-2019, 12:33 AMBDonini Wrote:
11-20-2019, 12:25 AMWaters Wrote: imagine being angry that people used completely legal methods to win by discovering how the sim is bad and acting like that isn't a sim problem

you found a loophole that would very clearly break the league you could've brought it up to HO and actually done something to fix the part of the sim that's a problem but instead you tried to implement the loophole to win in bad faith

i too play fake hockey in bad faith so i can beat everyone else to the fake hockey trophy
I really don't see how it's bad faith to find a more efficient and effective way to build players. This argument is completely subjective so agree to disagree ig.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

11-20-2019, 12:33 AMBDonini Wrote:

Dont act like over half of this league wouldnt have done the same, changing the sim engine is a good idea, but get off your high horse and walk with the rest of us

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

11-20-2019, 12:34 AMluketd Wrote: to quote @ztevans  father "It really do be like that"

Can we not

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page