Create Account

5k posts AMA.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2019, 03:08 AM by Avakael.)

Ready for grading (781 words).

Probably the last forum milestone I'll hit, so off we go. I'll answer in written format because a podcast would get less questions and probably wouldn't ever get recorded anyway. AMA.

11-20-2019, 12:58 AMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: waffles or pancakes

Depends. Under normal circumstances, probably a waffle. But my favourite pancakes shit all over any waffle I've ever had. I just rarely go to that place.

11-20-2019, 01:02 AMRedCapeDiver Wrote: Best piece of advice you would give a rookie?

Enjoy the drama when it's not pointed at you, your team or your friends. When it is pointed at you, remember, it's just a game.

For an absolutely fresh rookie, however, this site is a marathon, not a sprint. If all you do is sprint, you'll burn out hard.

11-20-2019, 01:22 AMTnlAstatine Wrote: Who would you like to see as a successor to your amazing legacy in buffalo?

WannabeFinn and Tomen are so good at drafting, it's impossible to pick any one player to truly be my "successor". Any one of them could crush my points records, forwards and defenders alike.

11-20-2019, 01:24 AMztevans Wrote: Who will be the last S31er left standing?

FMK Sivy McSieve, Wiljian Zjang, VLAD McZehrl^2

During his career, other users on the SHL took a keen interest in writing their own chapters to the canon of your old Detroit teammate, Zach Evans.  One user retired him prematurely, one insisted that he was an unfaithful husband, yet another went so far as to have him murdered in the Winnipeg locker room shortly following his retirement.  If I gave you carte blanche to write part of Evans' biography, what would you add?

From my understanding, JKortesi81 has plans to keep Kurczewski afloat well into the S50s. Ludwig Koch Schroder stopped earning TPE a season or two ago and Trevor Wilson is long since inactive, so if I'm a betting man, it's on Joe.

I'd kill Wiljian Zjang first off, because he's the one name of those three I don't remember anything about. I'd fuck Sivy McSieve- he has many holes to explore beyond his five-hole and we could explore every single one of them. Finally, I'd marry VLAD McZehrl because that was Deener's player and he'd be fun.

I've always written in just one thing to Zach Evans canon. Every single offseason, Zach Evans and Alexis Metzler have made it to Minneapolis for anywhere from 3 to 5 days, where they have a minigolf tournament across every single minigolf course in the Twin Cities while day-drinking pretty much non stop. The winner doesn't have to pay for their drinks.

11-20-2019, 01:51 AMTheHockeyist Wrote: For the content of your 5001st post, can you type the most insane thing you can?

I made a vague effort.

11-21-2019, 12:09 AMthiefofcheese Wrote: What's your favorite media type to write?  Role playing?  Analytics?  Shit posting?

I've done a decent portion of both roleplaying and analytics (originally all sorts, but eventually just fantasy). I've also done some shitposting, but it's the former two that get you paid, especially a nicely padded analytics article. I was getting up to $15m off my fantasy wrapups. I'm out of juice to do that again now.

11-20-2019, 10:55 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: Without getting intnthe morality or legality if it, love to hear your thoughts on the efficacy of Hamilton’ s gambit? What, if anything, would you do about it?

Are you done with school yet? How did it go or is it going?

I don't consider it to be against the rules- we're using the oldest version of the sim engine there is and I wouldn't be surprised to discover this was already documented somewhere on the STHS forums. We should upgrade to the latest version, not just 2.1, and accept that it's actually worth using the version that Simon is still doing work on.

I think I'm done with my technical college- I submitted everything, but I'm still waiting on the marks for the last subject. In the meantime, after 6 weeks of solid open inspections all over town, me and my best mate (and his gf, who'll join us in February) managed to snag a cheap 1st floor unit about 2 minutes walk from the beach in a trendy neighbourhood that allows us to walk to anything we want. There's a tram to the CBD and it's actually free if we only ride it to the other end of the suburb. I'm looking forward to finally living independently. I'm looking for work- no bites yet but we should be able to make the money work on welfare alone if we're not stupid in the meantime. We get the keys in a week and I'm super nervous tbh, but it'll be outstanding once we're all moved in!

11-21-2019, 04:09 AMStadiumGambler Wrote: If this were IRL and there was a 30 for 30 type documentary on Buffalo's long road to their first ever Cup, who besides Alexis would be the primary people getting interviewed? What would be some moments before the Cup loss that would be talked about? (like did Buffalo have any heartbreaking playoff losses/last day regular season eliminations/brutal losing streaks/etc in the buildup)

Also, what would be your reaction to San Fran shaking their own Cup drought?
Before we won the cup, Buffalo lost a bewilderingly large number of game 7s and was eliminated from contention on the final day of the regular season at least twice. There was a while where we would reliably lose 8+ of 10 starting about 10 to 15 games into the season. We had times where we were screwed over by OOC sim accidents, such as the simmer accidentally playing our backup goalie in a playoff games, or a player having a core stat set to a single digit number. By the time we reached S46, I was underneath the impression that I was probably never going to win a cup. To finally get one was an absolutely liberating moment. I think you'd have to interview WannabeFinn and Tomen for specifics; for the older stuff you'd need to interview ThatDamnWalrus and probably Brandon. You should also park a microphone in front of guys like Kit, Karey, Mayuu, Zombiewolf and MP7.

If San Francisco gets their first, cool. I don't really have any strong feelings either way about that team anymore, other than the fact that it's unfortunate that we don't have a team in Portland anymore.

11-21-2019, 11:32 AM.bojo Wrote: being an aussie, do you put the hot dog bun on top of the weiner to keep it from falling out?

No, but this was a big deal about a year and a half ago.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

waffles or pancakes

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

Best piece of advice you would give a rookie?

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

Who would you like to see as a successor to your amazing legacy in buffalo?

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Who will be the last S31er left standing?

During his career, other users on the SHL took a keen interest in writing their own chapters to the canon of your old Detroit teammate, Zach Evans. One user retired him prematurely, one insisted that he was an unfaithful husband, yet another went so far as to have him murdered in the Winnipeg locker room shortly following his retirement. If I gave you carte blanche to write part of Evans' biography, what would you add?

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

For the content of your 5001st post, can you type the most insane thing you can?

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

11-20-2019, 12:58 AMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: waffles or pancakes

Depends. Under normal circumstances, probably a waffle. But my favourite pancakes shit all over any waffle I've ever had. I just rarely go to that place.

11-20-2019, 01:02 AMRedCapeDiver Wrote: Best piece of advice you would give a rookie?

Enjoy the drama when it's not pointed at you, your team or your friends. When it is pointed at you, remember, it's just a game.

For an absolutely fresh rookie, however, this site is a marathon, not a sprint. If all you do is sprint, you'll burn out hard.

11-20-2019, 01:22 AMTnlAstatine Wrote: Who would you like to see as a successor to your amazing legacy in buffalo?

WannabeFinn and Tomen are so good at drafting, it's impossible to pick any one player to truly be my "successor". Any one of them could crush my points records, forwards and defenders alike.

11-20-2019, 01:24 AMztevans Wrote: Who will be the last S31er left standing?

During his career, other users on the SHL took a keen interest in writing their own chapters to the canon of your old Detroit teammate, Zach Evans.  One user retired him prematurely, one insisted that he was an unfaithful husband, yet another went so far as to have him murdered in the Winnipeg locker room shortly following his retirement.  If I gave you carte blanche to write part of Evans' biography, what would you add?

From my understanding, JKortesi81 has plans to keep Kurczewski afloat well into the S50s. Ludwig Koch Schroder stopped earning TPE a season or two ago and Trevor Wilson is long since inactive, so if I'm a betting man, it's on Joe.

I'd kill Wiljian Zjang first off, because he's the one name of those three I don't remember anything about. I'd fuck Sivy McSieve- he has many holes to explore beyond his five-hole and we could explore every single one of them. Finally, I'd marry VLAD McZehrl because that was Deener's player and he'd be fun.

I've always written in just one thing to Zach Evans canon. Every single offseason, Zach Evans and Alexis Metzler have made it to Minneapolis for anywhere from 3 to 5 days, where they have a minigolf tournament across every single minigolf course in the Twin Cities while day-drinking pretty much non stop. The winner doesn't have to pay for their drinks.

11-20-2019, 01:51 AMTheHockeyist Wrote: For the content of your 5001st post, can you type the most insane thing you can?

I made a vague effort.

Without getting intnthe morality or legality if it, love to hear your thoughts on the efficacy of Hamilton’ s gambit? What, if anything, would you do about it?

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

What's your favorite media type to write? Role playing? Analytics? Shit posting?

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

11-21-2019, 12:09 AMthiefofcheese Wrote: What's your favorite media type to write?  Role playing?  Analytics?  Shit posting?

I've done a decent portion of both roleplaying and analytics (originally all sorts, but eventually just fantasy). I've also done some shitposting, but it's the former two that get you paid, especially a nicely padded analytics article. I was getting up to $15m off my fantasy wrapups. I'm out of juice to do that again now.

11-20-2019, 10:55 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: Without getting intnthe morality or legality if it, love to hear your thoughts on the efficacy of Hamilton’ s gambit? What, if anything, would you do about it?

I don't consider it to be against the rules- we're using the oldest version of the sim engine there is and I wouldn't be surprised to discover this was already documented somewhere on the STHS forums. We should upgrade to the latest version, not just 2.1, and accept that it's actually worth using the version that Simon is still doing work on.

I think I'm done with my technical college- I submitted everything, but I'm still waiting on the marks for the last subject. In the meantime, after 6 weeks of solid open inspections all over town, me and my best mate (and his gf, who'll join us in February) managed to snag a cheap 1st floor unit about 2 minutes walk from the beach in a trendy neighbourhood that allows us to walk to anything we want. There's a tram to the CBD and it's actually free if we only ride it to the other end of the suburb. I'm looking forward to finally living independently. I'm looking for work- no bites yet but we should be able to make the money work on welfare alone if we're not stupid in the meantime. We get the keys in a week and I'm super nervous tbh, but it'll be outstanding once we're all moved in!

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2019, 04:10 AM by StadiumGambler.)

If this were IRL and there was a 30 for 30 type documentary on Buffalo's long road to their first ever Cup, who besides Alexis would be the primary people getting interviewed? What would be some moments before the Cup loss that would be talked about? (like did Buffalo have any heartbreaking playoff losses/last day regular season eliminations/brutal losing streaks/etc in the buildup)

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

11-21-2019, 04:09 AMStadiumGambler Wrote: If this were IRL and there was a 30 for 30 type documentary on Buffalo's long road to their first ever Cup, who besides Alexis would be the primary people getting interviewed? What would be some moments before the Cup loss that would be talked about? (like did Buffalo have any heartbreaking playoff losses/last day regular season eliminations/brutal losing streaks/etc in the buildup)

Before we won the cup, Buffalo lost a bewilderingly large number of game 7s and was eliminated from contention on the final day of the regular season at least twice. There was a while where we would reliably lose 8+ of 10 starting about 10 to 15 games into the season. We had times where we were screwed over by OOC sim accidents, such as the simmer accidentally playing our backup goalie in a playoff games, or a player having a core stat set to a single digit number. By the time we reached S46, I was underneath the impression that I was probably never going to win a cup. To finally get one was an absolutely liberating moment. I think you'd have to interview WannabeFinn and Tomen for specifics; for the older stuff you'd need to interview ThatDamnWalrus and probably Brandon. You should also park a microphone in front of guys like Kit, Karey, Mayuu, Zombiewolf and MP7.

If San Francisco gets their first, cool. I don't really have any strong feelings either way about that team anymore, other than the fact that it's unfortunate that we don't have a team in Portland anymore.

being an aussie, do you put the hot dog bun on top of the weiner to keep it from falling out?

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

11-21-2019, 11:32 AM.bojo Wrote: being an aussie, do you put the hot dog bun on top of the weiner to keep it from falling out?

No, but this was a big deal about a year and a half ago.

@Avakael if you don't want to take anymore questions please add the replies to OP with a word count and we'll get it graded at some point.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332