Create Account

82 games in a season

11-21-2019, 09:17 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: No way

Other than “we’ve always done 50” I’d love to hear your argument against moving to 82 games if the season finishes in the same amount of time. Like others pointed out, a new sim version is gonna make things weird anyways, it makes sense to start a new era with the new sim engine

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

11-21-2019, 10:02 AMFuzzSHL Wrote:
11-21-2019, 09:17 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: No way

Other than “we’ve always done 50” I’d love to hear your argument against moving to 82 games if the season finishes in the same amount of time. Like others pointed out, a new sim version is gonna make things weird anyways, it makes sense to start a new era with the new sim engine

Other than "because the NHL does it", I ask why the need for a change?

We aren't even clear on how the 2.1 engine would work and what sliders/attributes will need to change, yet.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

the first thing we should do is play with the settings and look if with changes they have still the same problems with passing .......

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

11-21-2019, 10:15 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
11-21-2019, 10:02 AMFuzzSHL Wrote: Other than “we’ve always done 50” I’d love to hear your argument against moving to 82 games if the season finishes in the same amount of time. Like others pointed out, a new sim version is gonna make things weird anyways, it makes sense to start a new era with the new sim engine

Other than "because the NHL does it", I ask why the need for a change?

We aren't even clear on how the 2.1 engine would work and what sliders/attributes will need to change, yet.

So you haven’t been paying attention to test sims, cool. Other than “the NHL does it?” For one, that’s a valid reason, as switching to 82 games would provide a more “realistic” season length. We’d have more games which, I’m sorry but fuck your records (which would still stand for that era), I would personally love. I’m all for having more games to look at and not having any more “sorry, we only had 1 game in today’s sim” days.

You are so against change in every aspect it is honestly baffling.

Aleksi Kettu

11-21-2019, 10:21 AMFuzzSHL Wrote:
11-21-2019, 10:15 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: Other than "because the NHL does it", I ask why the need for a change?

So you haven’t been paying attention to test sims, cool. Other than “the NHL does it?” For one, that’s a valid reason, as switching to 82 games would provide a more “realistic” season length. We’d have more games which, I’m sorry but fuck your records (which would still stand for that era), I would personally love. I’m all for having more games to look at and not having any more “sorry, we only had 1 game in today’s sim” days.

Sadly we have come to the conclusion in test sims that no engine removes the problem. The core of STHS's sim engine, the decision making process, is just not made for a league where 1 team can just go all for the same build. Like we haven't found a solution yet via testing and it's looking like the SHL has to move on from STHS or really heavilly restrict/change player builds.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

11-21-2019, 10:27 AMTomen Wrote:
11-21-2019, 10:21 AMFuzzSHL Wrote: So you haven’t been paying attention to test sims, cool. Other than “the NHL does it?” For one, that’s a valid reason, as switching to 82 games would provide a more “realistic” season length. We’d have more games which, I’m sorry but fuck your records (which would still stand for that era), I would personally love. I’m all for having more games to look at and not having any more “sorry, we only had 1 game in today’s sim” days.

Sadly we have come to the conclusion in test sims that no engine removes the problem. The core of STHS's sim engine, the decision making process, is just not made for a league where 1 team can just go all for the same build. Like we haven't found a solution yet via testing and it's looking like the SHL has to move on from STHS or really heavilly restrict/change player builds.

leagues fucked.

RETIRED

11-21-2019, 10:21 AMFuzzSHL Wrote: You are so against change in every aspect it is honestly baffling.

Wrong, but thank you for your condescension.

2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*

11-21-2019, 10:34 AMMayuu Wrote:
11-21-2019, 10:27 AMTomen Wrote: Sadly we have come to the conclusion in test sims that no engine removes the problem. The core of STHS's sim engine, the decision making process, is just not made for a league where 1 team can just go all for the same build. Like we haven't found a solution yet via testing and it's looking like the SHL has to move on from STHS or really heavilly restrict/change player builds.

leagues fucked.

Let's create our own sim league with blackjack and hookers

Aleksi Kettu

11-21-2019, 10:38 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
11-21-2019, 10:21 AMFuzzSHL Wrote: You are so against change in every aspect it is honestly baffling.

Wrong, but thank you for your condescension.

I'm wrong? Man, its apparent in every thread that suggests any sort of change. I'm not saying you don't care, its quite obvious that you do. But since I've come to the site I haven't seen you support one idea that suggested any semblance of change.

Aleksi Kettu

11-21-2019, 10:43 AMFuzzSHL Wrote:
11-21-2019, 10:38 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: Wrong, but thank you for your condescension.

I'm wrong? Man, its apparent in every thread that suggests any sort of change. I'm not saying you don't care, its quite obvious that you do. But since I've come to the site I haven't seen you support one idea that suggested any semblance of change.
I do think ArGar leans towards the status quo more often than others, but this is just wrong.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

11-21-2019, 10:43 AMFuzzSHL Wrote:
11-21-2019, 10:38 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: Wrong, but thank you for your condescension.

Maybe you should try to expand your understanding of what I have tried to do for the league (both making changes and keeping things the same) before taking potshots at me.

Don't hate the idea. it would make a clear divide between eras (50 game, 82 game) and give us more stats to play with.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2019, 11:02 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

The real SHL has 52 games why dont we change to that instead heh

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

11-21-2019, 11:02 AMスウェグキング Wrote: The real SHL has 52 games why dont we change to that instead heh

+1

RETIRED

Yes please

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM