Create Account

A Plea to Out Of The Park Developments

11-22-2019, 04:51 AMmajesiu Wrote: While I like the idea, I doubt the plea itself will make a huge difference. OOTP main product is baseball sim (which is years ahead of any other sports management engine/game, also their main source of income, especially with Perfect Team mode) and it's not that small of a company with a product that 100 people buying it is a big number. Still worth the try, since at least baseball sim devs are known from communicating on the forums and listening to people feedback.
Also while obviously not everyone will be watching streams, it's yet another source of possible league revenue & finally a solution to replace PBPs with something enjoyable.
If they were ever to strive to catch up OOTP Baseball functionalities i'd be yet another huge step, especially index wise, which is magnificent with possibility of having all stats in one place, and I'm not talking about current single season/single league sths setup, but whole career (yes, continuity between seasons)/individual player pages and even possibility to have SMJHL and SHL under single link/file.
I'm on the beta test team for fhm and I've reached out to one of the Devs about this already. I actually asked for it before fhm6 came out too, but the general response was that it didn't seem like there was much demand. That being said they do sometimes listen to the user base if the request isn't too much work. I am hoping this is one of those cases.

Unfortunately fhm is no where near as advanced as ootp is and a single league file likely won't work. You can't control both a farm team and big league team at the same time. I think the only solution is separate league files for each league. The other issue we face is with updating, they would have to be done manually unless the fhm Devs release a version of their editor that regular users can access.

We actually have a chat with people putting their heads together on how to make fhm work for shl, if anyone has fhm experience and wants to help feel free to let me or sdcore know.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

11-22-2019, 09:02 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
11-22-2019, 08:16 AMMook Wrote: Why not just have every players passing stat set to 40? Problem solved

I'll take my league MVP now ty
40 passing and poppies for everyone

You people and your suggestions

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

11-22-2019, 09:45 AMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
11-22-2019, 04:51 AMmajesiu Wrote: While I like the idea, I doubt the plea itself will make a huge difference. OOTP main product is baseball sim (which is years ahead of any other sports management engine/game, also their main source of income, especially with Perfect Team mode) and it's not that small of a company with a product that 100 people buying it is a big number. Still worth the try, since at least baseball sim devs are known from communicating on the forums and listening to people feedback.
Also while obviously not everyone will be watching streams, it's yet another source of possible league revenue & finally a solution to replace PBPs with something enjoyable.
If they were ever to strive to catch up OOTP Baseball functionalities i'd be yet another huge step, especially index wise, which is magnificent with possibility of having all stats in one place, and I'm not talking about current single season/single league sths setup, but whole career (yes, continuity between seasons)/individual player pages and even possibility to have SMJHL and SHL under single link/file.
I'm on the beta test team for fhm and I've reached out to one of the Devs about this already. I actually asked for it before fhm6 came out too, but the general response was that it didn't seem like there was much demand. That being said they do sometimes listen to the user base if the request isn't too much work. I am hoping this is one of those cases.

Unfortunately fhm is no where near as advanced as ootp is and a single league file likely won't work. You can't control both a farm team and big league team at the same time. I think the only solution is separate league files for each league. The other issue we face is with updating, they would have to be done manually unless the fhm Devs release a version of their editor that regular users can access.

We actually have a chat with people putting their heads together on how to make fhm work for shl, if anyone has fhm experience and wants to help feel free to let me or sdcore know.

Thanks for putting in work and effort with this Teddy. It is greatly appreciated by everyone.

Honestly, I don't... fiddle around with FHM that often as a whole but I remember it being kind of iffy at times. Not that I'd be against it, I could consider buying it and then sharing it with someone else if need be but I think it's a couple of nightmares and a half.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR