Create Account

S51 PT #1 - The Delay
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 12:15 AM by hotdog.)

[Image: getty_96665029_106592.jpg]

As has been very, very well documented by now, the SHL has hit a bit of a snag heading into S51, resulting in the delay of the start of the season. In this PT, let us know what your player was up to as they were waiting for the season to start. 
Written task: Talk about your player's views on the "lockout," what they did to pass the time and deal with the anticipation, or a combination of both. (150 words minimum)

Graphic task: Create a graphic featuring your player during these days of anticipation, waiting for the season. Perhaps they're training, or on vacation, or sleeping outside the arena waiting to be let in. YOU MUST ALSO INCLUDE 25+ words explaining what your player did and what this graphic is showing.

Additional information: 
You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements. 

This PT will close MONDAY, December 2nd at 10pm (deadline extended by 24h to accommodate those in the US who may be busy/traveling over the weekend for Thanksgiving).

Welfare claims from either PBE or NSFL are accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*
THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.
Keep your eyes out for S51 Primetime #1, featuring a game from Sunday's sim; the post and prediction form will go up once the regular season schedule is announced.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Guy Zheng kept it simple this offseason. After hearing about all of the research done on what is the optimal way to play the game, Guy realized he had to go back to his fundamentals -- getting pucks deep, getting pucks on net, and making sure to play a full 60 minutes. So, in anticipation of his coaching telling him to focus on all of the above, Guy spent the whole summer training his abilities to get pucks deep, get pucks on net, and keep it simple. You gotta have your role players playing their roles out there, and Guy has realized that his role as a shoot-first defenseman is even more defined as his coaches want him to play his role of getting pucks on net. For Guy, it's been all about going back to basics with getting pucks deep and getting pucks on net, and that's exactly what you want to hear from your players.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Lockout? Who cares? I'm out here grinding, both my body and my mind, and also my body in regards to professional skills. Did you know I've almost maxed my defense? I'm not even a defender. Trade for me at the deadline, you won't regret it. We'll win a cup together and then I'll just go back and sign with my og team. My body is a temple which makes my mind the steeple, and boy did I chisel that nicely during the off season. You GM's must be jealous that you don't have players half as good as the ones on New England. Except your goalie is probably better than ours. But you know what, Leitner has been working hard, I'm pretty sure he's even updated this week. He's gonna bounce back hard this season, and if he doesn't we'll STHS sucks anyway and the new passing rule sucks and HAM should have been allowed to exploit the system if they figured it out.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 12:32 AM by TheHockeyist.)

Igor Volkov didn't really spend too much time dealing with the lockout, mostly using the time to hike more with his buddies and train more in the SHL. He also talked to his friend Jon Forty-One @C9Van for media exposure. For him, the lockout was an excuse to train more as well as catch up on some unfinished work in the lab. He had a commission to work on a type of weak acid that would shine zinc metal without destroying everything. For his case, it seemed that ordinary lemon juice would do the trick, although at the risk of removing the outer patina coating. He also spent some time reviewing Russian geography once it was clear that he was starting to forget where things were located in his homeland. Other than that, Igor didn't do much. He just trained, worked on some skills, and got a bit of income on the side.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

Quote:Written task: Talk about your player's views on the "lockout," what they did to pass the time and deal with the anticipation, or a combination of both. (150 words minimum)

This is my first time experiencing a lockout here in the SHL and as most others feel about not playing hockey, it is not an enjoyable time.

With the Edmonton  Blizzard being eliminated in the second round these past playoffs, the off season has been even longer now. It has been tough not seeing my friends, coaching staff and management. This time last year we would've been in the first week of the season and sharing stories of what we did during the Summer. However, with the world of technology I have been able to keep in touch with my teammates through our discord and getting their take on the lockout. I'm trying to keep myself away from the drama that has been going on by spending more time with my family and friends in Vancouver, but i keep tabs and check twitter whenever updates are made about the SHL. 

As of now I simply just want to get back on the ice with my teammates and get back to playing hockey in the SHL.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

After a very tough first season in the SMJHL, Lando Norris found himself back home in Germany relaxing, trying to get in better shape and working on his skills. He met up with German superstars Christian Ehrhoff and Leon Draisaitl for high intensity workouts and circuit training to help improve overall cardio and endurance. At the rink, together they also worked on improving the basic skills needed for an offensive defenseman to excel at the game and have a long and successful career. This included; getting pucks to the net while also pinching up when needed to help create scoring chances.
Off the ice, Lando did what any young German adult with cash would do and found himself at the bars and clubs back home in Frankfurt partying and drinking plenty of light beer. He also found himself helping his parents prepare and decorate their house for the holidays before heading back to Alaska for a much anticipated second season with the Armada.

Ah the dreaded lockout. Normally this isn’t something that crossed my mind as something I would have to endure in the SHL, but here we are.

Honestly, when it comes to the lockout, I didn’t really feel affected by it too much. The Panthers were eliminated from the playoffs in the first round, unfortunately, so I’ve just spent my off season training and trying to get myself to be better. I have a lot to work on, and these past couple seasons in the SHL have shown me what it takes to compete and be great, especially when you go up against some of the league’s best every night.

I think the lockout was justified, though. I think the league acted accordingly and took the necessary precautions to ensure that whatever occurred would be fixed immediately and they’ve gotten the season up and running smoothly. I got some extra training in, so it wasn’t too bad. That being said, I can’t wait to get this season underway and show what I can do out there after a tough off season.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019, 06:32 PM by BDonini.)

[Image: 7zwsrd9.png]

Lallo Selman was invited to do a shoot for the cover of GQ, he decided that it would be a good idea since the season was delayed and there wasn't much else to do, might as well increase his brand

PBE welfare for Donini13

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Akashi SixNine had a lot of time to think over the long hiatus between the Simulation Hockey League Head Office team led by the pony man himself - Eggy216, and the Simulation Hockey League Player Association. SixNine came into the offseason unsure about where his destination for S51 was to be, but after smoothened contract negotiations with the Steelhawks management team, he signed a 20m deal over the next two seasons to stay in the purple black and silver. He was ecstatic about this, and was going to put the money towards a new training regiment program, one that saw him move away from his defensive, checking build but to more of a finesse scoring player. Unfortunately, at the hands of the league, SixNine was rejected this new training program and will continue to play out this season with his current role, with an increased focus on his discipline and his defensive awareness. We hope that this will be enough to move him out of the third pairing he was slotted in at the end of last season, and we hope he can get back to the player he was in his rookie year.

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Skao Anazibf was not too happy to have his first season out of juniors delayed, especially after coming off a big breakout year where he put up some historical numbers for the Detroit Falcons in S50. After the case of the Hamilton Steelhawks' new dietary plan shook the SHL, Anazibf had a bit of a longer summer than he had expected to take, but instead of stew in his negative feelings, he decided he'd take the time to bond with some teammates both new and old. The Hamilton young guns decided to take a trip out to Hawaii for a nice little getaway where they could soak up the sun and enjoy some time away from the screaming drama of the SHL. For this trip. Anazibf brought along Falcons-turned-Steelhawks teammates Jagger Fouquette and Noah Andros, alongside Dale Miller, Jax Duggan and Gabe Johnson for a weekend of drinks and open ocean.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Well, after getting a phone call from my Manager at the Aiport in Zurich, that the Season will not start in Time. I left the Airport quickly to get back to my home town. The local Club there plays in the highest league in Switzerland. So i attend the todays practice and my manager figured out how to make a deal with Toronto and my local Club to play in the evening. A few hours before the game, the permission and all the details where done, so i could play in the evening. It's important for me to be ready when the season starts, that i can practice and also play. The swiss league is a quick and skating league, and this will give me a good start, and will prepare my well for my next season with the raptors, before i will play with toronto next season, hopefully. So when the season starts in a week or two, i'm ready to rock n roll.

[Image: sBbbJmN.png]
Thank you @ToeDragon84
[Image: 431fb2-1569327124.png]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My plan for this off-season was the following: first some much needed vacation, then slowly pick up training again, play the IIHF tournament with Finland to get prepared for the season and then some more training. Roughly around that time the season should've started.
Things didn't quite go as planned. Let's just ignore our miserable performance with team Finland at IIHF. Since the tournament was over so quickly, I was waiting to hear anything from my GM about what date to fly back to Toronto. Nothing happened. The only info I received was "I will let you know". Well, not exactly 'nothing' happened, I did sign a shiny new contract before all the 'lockout' news started to appear here and there, but apart from that I spent my time in Finland where this year's WJC was held. There I helped out a little behind the scenes and even used the chance to train a bit with the team. However, now knowing when or if the next season would start was not a great feeling, but at least I had some kind of distraction.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 03:10 AM by Katth.)

I was in Kelowna visiting my old junior hockey team when I got a text message saying that we were heading into a lockout. It was kind of expected, but it still hit me by surprise. I was scheduled to go back to Calgary the nexy day, but I decided to cancel that trip and stay a while longer. In the team's whatsapp group we started talking about the lockout and what was needed to make the season start again, but we could only really agree on one thing and that was it was bad for the sport that we got to this lockout. Though this lockout was needed to improve the league and keep a high level of sportsmanship amongst all participating teams. Things happened this offseason that upset the league and would give a team a possible advantage over the other teams. Let's hope that the league officials, GM's and the players association can come to an agreement to end the lockout soon. Because we all want to play and the fans don't deserve this.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

PBE Affiliation

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

It hasn’t been 3 months since the draft sent Luca Del Vecchio to the West Kendall Platoon and the SHL announced a lockout. Luckily for Luca, he had already signed his entry level contract and knew he was going back down to the SMJHL for at least the next 2 seasons. Summer and early fall were spent conditioning and training with the British WJC team for the tournament. He would have to fight for the starter position against Elizabeth Doyle, whom was also drafted in the last draft.

Between interviews, training camps (both SHL and SMJHL), the draft, a freshly drafted prospect has too many things happening and a lockout is not something that would immediately affect them. It is after all rare that a new draftee goes up right away. So as the pros and veterans of the league panicked and fought alongside the SHLPA, he just continued to train. For Luca, it was just another day in the office.
(161 words)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]