Create Account

S51 PT #1 - The Delay

Personally, I was a fan of the lock out. I had heard early rumors of a potential work stoppage so I was able to set myself up financially and if the lock out lasted a few weeks longer I would be fine. I know that some of my teammates didn’t think ahead and were eager to get back to playing as was I but I did enjoy the break to heal my body from last season which I saw an increase in minutes and hits taken. The lockout also allowed for me to spend some much-needed time with my family. I don’t often get to see them much as they are located in Illinois while I play most of my games in NOLA and don’t have the luxury of playing the Chicago SHL team. Something interesting I did during the lockout was try eating vegan, I am not sure if I will keep doing this during the season but stay tuned.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Goku Muerto took advantage of the delay to the start of the season by actually taking a vacation! After a tough S50 with Manhattan in which he underperformed, and had to endure the constant nagging and criticism from media and fans, Goku was feeling a bit down on himself. He did well for Norway in the IIHF championships, but another medal round OT loss eliminated the team early again and that was another bit of disappointment. But the protracted beginning of the new season meant that it was a real opportunity to just escape the pressures and chill out for a while. So Goku hopped on a plane and went to Kelowna, BC, for some well-deserved rest and relaxation. The Okanagan is a place of natural beauty, great weather, beautiful people, and plenty of recreational activities. Goku got in a few rounds of golf, hung out at the beach, even visited a few wineries and craft breweries in the evenings. Kelowna is situated right on the shores of a very large lake, so you can stroll for kilometers down the beach and then turn and walk a block and be in the downtown shopping and touristy areas. He even made an appearance at a summer hockey camp for youngsters in the area - the Kelowna Knights are of course very popular and his uncle Riko was an alumni and former GM of the team, so the connections were there. Having this time off let Goku recharge his batteries and remember the fun things outside of hockey that professional players don't always get a chance to enjoy. Muerto is heading into the new season with new purpose and energy, and hopes to be a bigger contributor to the success of the Rage as they strive for the Challenge Cup!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Talk about your player's views on the "lockout," what they did to pass the time and deal with the anticipation, or a combination of both.

Shooter is very disappointed that the season hasn't gotten started, but he has made good use of his time off. After a long playoff run that led to a cup victory, Shooter used the extra time to heal up and get into tip-top shape. He hired a masseuse (not the handy one that Kraft got) which helped get rid of all his knots from playing, as he hasn't had a massage before this! It hurt like hell, but he felt like a new player ready to take the league by storm again. Additionally, he went over some plays with the coaching staff, went to a few charity events, and even started meditation to help keep his focus on improvement and away from the frustration of the lockout.

For the lockout itself, he feels both sides should stop being so damn greedy, and make compromises so that we can play again, as the longer this goes on, the worse it is for the league image and new fans. Shooter wants to play, but he will keep himself busy until then...the quest for a repeat is just a bit closer to starting up.

Obviously, the SHL HO has been working hard to make the game a lot fairer for everyone, and I, as everyone should, applaud them for their effort. As a young guy in the league, though, I wanna get as much time on the ice, regardless if it's a professional game or not. I've spent a lot of time working on my game, and had "@Segi", @TheHockeyist, and @Chris-McZehrl help me along the way, cause S50 Noah Tedla was the furthest thing to top-pairing ready, even if he'd be alongside Mathias Seger. After a nice hard training regime with the Minny teammates, @sköldpaddor and I went back to Sweden for a nice relaxing vacation to clear our minds (he needed it after the Challenge Cup finals). While I was in Sweden, though, I did tweet about playing roller hockey with other S(MJ)HLers for fun. We (being the people who liked my tweet) didn't get to link up and make it happen, but people didn't find announcing my potential team in case anyone wanted smoke too tasteful and some (cough @BDonini) tried forming their own groups. It's a big shame that the season started, 'cause I wanted to see a few ass-whoopings.

[Image: noahshl.gif]

Switzerland Outlaws Chiefs  Player Page  Updates  Chiefs Outlaws Switzerland