Create Account

S51 PT #1 - The Delay

Let me tell you, I am so glad this “lockout” is over, and we are getting back into the swing of things. Honestly, I was so anxious and itchy to get it all started. This is my third year in the J and I am hoping to have a breakout season in both the WJC & for the Colorado Raptors. So, all this lockout did was delay the season and I was ready to start, but honestly, the break gave me some time to improve my player. I am hoping to get to the 3-year player max (425 TPE) sometime this season, so the break helped me gain some TPE. Since there was no hockey going on, I think I spend a lot more time in our discord LR’s and I think we had some great team bonding. Hearing the news of the end of the delay was such a relief because now everything is starting to get back on track and I am ready to get rolling. Hoping for a big season for both Team Canada & Colorado Raptors.

Word count: 180

[Image: gurbs.gif]

PBE PT

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

Kevin Robinson was highly disappointed by the lockout that happened at the start of season 51. He understood it, fair play is arguably the most important factor in a professional league, but was disappointed all the same. He spent most of the extra time in the off season working on extra stuff in his game, improving his face offs and overall conditioning. Kevin has been spending his offseason's in Anaheim these days anyway, so the lockout actually gave him more workout partners later into the summer. There is a core of players that stay year round in Anaheim, but the entire team showed up at the normal time for training camp despite the lockout, giving the opportunity for unofficial practices and an early start on team building. The extra work put in is what Kevin believes will push him over the edge this season and become a headliner in the Junior leagues.

[Image: 7ICBY0z.png]
[Image: 15Ng51w.png]

[Image: Hansons_Cars.jpg]

Here we have a rare glimpse into the home life of the legendary Hanson family as Stan utilizes the extra down time to make a trip home.

[Image: Spicy_Funko.jpg]
Player Page             Update Thread

Bruchevski has actually enjoyed the lockout so far, with it being his last season in St. Louis he's taken the time to sit back and just enjoy the city and it's people. Visiting all his favorite hole in the wall spots and and even doing a fan meet and great from time to time. When not spending his time in St. Louis he's been playing Russia for the National IIHF and WJC teams. It's also allowed him more time to go home to St. Petersburg and catch up with his family and friends. Being named an Alternate (ASS) captain for St. Louis he's made sure all of the new rookies have settled down and fit in with the team and the city. Jakub appreciates the extra time he was given to really enjoy the place that's been his home for the last 3 years and hopes the extra rest will prepare him to start the season with a bang.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Lockouts always suck, it's no fun for anyone having to suffer through it. Players are scattered throughout the world doing whatever they can to pass the time waiting to hear news of a conclusion. I have spent most of my time practicing with minor league teams and running some weekend mini skills camps. I have also been helping to raise money for my hometown charities. When you have even a little name recognition, I feel you should use it to help raise funds for things and people in need. I have also been fitting in some time preparing for the (hopefully soon) start of the Preseason. I've kept in contact with some of my current and former teammates and we all agree that this lockout is hopefully drawing to a close. We all want it to end, because playing hockey is so much more fun than having to sit and wait for some positive news.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019, 02:18 AM by Nokazoa.)

[Image: hammy_interview.jpg]

Well, due to their role in the lockout, the hammy bois were a tad scared for their livelihood. So they started their own amateur sportscast. This was me being interviewed by @dmills3, @SecondSucks22@Gwdjohnson and an unknown little girl. I believed she owned the equipment they used. They asked some hard hittin' questions, like "What's your favorite poutine in the city?" I ended up doing a series of these interviews because I mean, what else was I suppose to do? I have been ruining my body for this sport! I can't live without it!.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

It's been hard hearing all the different takes and rumors coming up about the lock out. I think that what Hamilton did was unsportsmanlike. We are all out here trying to win the cup but how far are you willing to go to get it? Does it still feel good to get it if it was obtained in a less than honorable way? Anyway I wouldn't have done it especially when it put the entire league at risk. This is both the game we love and our livelihoods.

With all the down time it has given me to work on my game before the season starts up (hopefully soon). I know some may say that passing is not an important part of the game anymore but I'm still working on my puck moving skills. When I'm not working on my game, I'm just spending time with my family and recovering as much as I can. Hopefully, as a silver lining, I can come back with some extra vigor and have a career year for the Platoon.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Well during the lockout David Vent flew home to spend time with his Czech national team friends. They ended up creating the CEHL. An all Czech hockey league for all the Czech players, young and old, can come out and play some hockey. This was going to be a charity league so all proceeds made would be going to many different charity organizations across Czechia. There was going to be a regular season, playoffs, and even a final where the winning team got a small cup for themselves to be able to celebrate. Vent ended up on the lines with Manhattan teammates Luke Thomason and Tokek Takshak. Vent was also teaming up with long-time best friend and cup winning defensemen Bernik Vrzala. There were many other shlers coming to the league like DeMaricus Smyth and Petr Mikulak. Also, some of the younger players would get to partake in this event like Soren Kierkegaard and Aron Hernadivic. This was going to be a league for the memory books for all of Czechia.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

Markus took the news of a lockout quite well, in all honesty. Seeing as the World Junior Championship is still ongoing, he could focus his attention on that - and making sure that Team Alpine grabs the gold medal in this tournament. He didn't have the occasion to play last season, so he yearns for a medal to be hung around his neck, especially after his disastrous tenure in the season 50 SMJHL playoffs.

On his way back to Lethbridge, he had a lengthy conversation with both Harry Carpet, his mentor and friend, and also with Benjamin Blue, the latest recipient of the John McBride trophy, to try and find what seems to be going wrong with his being out of position frequently when the opposing team circulates the puck in his zone. After thorough training practices with the coaches in Minnesota and with the help of GOD McZehrl and Noah Gallagher, Tegernako refined his skating, which seems to be bearing fruit already in the SMJHL pre-season. Tegernako is now ready for an eventual call-up by the Chiefs... should the SHL season start somewhat soon.

(187 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

After winning a bronze medal with Team Canada at the IIHF tournament, Lyle Odelein III came back to New Orleans rip, raring and ready to go. Unfortunately, with the delay in the start of S51, Lyle had to channel his energy else where. He has been spending most of his time at the local New Orleans hockey training facilities that his grandfather and father set up in the Big Easy after Lyle was drafted to the Specters. He has been leading a few classes for the locals who are learning the game of hockey, he was quite a hit in the shooting class when he put a watermelon in net and let loose with one of his slappers, blasting right through the unsuspecting melon. The kids are still talking about the slice of watermelon they had at the hockey rink that one of their beloved Specters unconventionally cut up for them. Lyle is still chomping at the bit to get going again in the SHL, he is very excited about the upcoming season, he thinks the Specters are going to have a great season, and he's hoping he can help them out with that!

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

During this time, Barbashev is focused on the Knights who he was sent back down to after training camp with the Platoon. West Kendall asked Barbashev to continue focusing on his defensive side of the game. He’s put more time into the gym and wants to now be a physical presence on the ice, not just a goal scorer.
Barbashev is however worried that he may have to go back to the Austrian Super League should the lockout continue but he is optimistic the league will figure out where to go from here. He also believes Hamilton should be fined for attempting to manipulate a system without notifying the commissioners. Hiding something like this for over a season makes you wonder what other shady things their GM Hallsy has done in the last 5-10 seasons.

Before the season does kick off, or when it does, Barbashev plans on taking a trip to Greece then Egypt for about 2 weeks until the league can collect itself. So that should be a good time for him to relax before the upcoming season with the Knights as they look to go back to the Cup round.

Code:
193 words

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

with the season 51 being locked out, Nicky Pedersen Jr. Took the extra time to enjoy winning the SHL Cup, then following that up a week later with a IIHF Gold Medal. The Gold Medal was especially awesome, since Pedersen scored the Game Winning Goal in Double Overtime of the Gold Medal Game. Huge feat for his career, as he often finds himself disappearing at times during the post season. So after partying for a couple extra days, Pedersen has gotten back to work to get in shape for the upcoming season. This year is a turning point in Pedersen Jr.'s career. He is at a point where he should be a focus of the teams offense. However, after scoring nearly 50 points in S49, Pedersen regressed in S50 with a paltry 35 points. So this season will go a long way to determine if he can be the nearly point per game scorer, or continue to play as a complimentary piece to the other stars on the Dragons.

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

[Image: pw4aXU7.png]

As Björn moved from Vancouver to Texas during this off season he has taken opportunity to get back to his favorite hobby and has been experiencing bit different game than what he found in Canada.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

In what could only be called a "weird" offseason, young FR Finn-Rhys took the lockout in stride and used the time to rest, recuperate, and then when he got board he decided to test his hand at baseball and joined the PBE as a rookie free agent. Talented enough to get a few looks from some minor league teams, the hockey-savvy baseball-throwing rookie finds himself currently sitting on the couch waiting for a phone call from a prospective team to see if he will play minor league spring training during the hockey off-season a la Russell Wilson, Deion Sanders, Bo Jackson and other two-sport stars. While FR is clearly not worth to be mentioned in the same breath as those stars, he is giving baseball a go during the lock-out and seeing what sticks, although his true passion will always remain hockey, especially since this is his first season after being called up by Edmonton in the off-season.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]