Create Account

The Positives of FHM
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 04:38 PM by Inf1d3l.)

Pretty sure this would be a decent representation of what I'd look for at my current TPE: (Hard to tell without actually trying it ofc)

Screening: 10
Getting Open: 13
Passing: 16
Puckhandling: 15
Shooting: 12
Offensive Read: 14

Checking: 12
Faceoffs: 5
Hitting: 10
Positioning: 15
Shot Blocking: 16
Stickchecking: 11
Defensive Read: 20

Aggression: 10
Bravery: 10

Acceleration: 15
Agility: 15
Balance: 15
Speed: 15
Stamina: 15
Strength: 15
Fighting: 5

11-25-2019, 04:34 PMZoone16 Wrote: @caltroit_red_flames where the goalie scale at? :eyes:

There's been lots of discussion about goalies too, debating whether it should be easier to be a goalie like it is now or if it should be harder than it is now and more on par with skaters. Here are the goalie attributes:
Positioning
Passing
Pokecheck
Blocker
Glove
Rebound
Recovery
Puckhandling
Low Shots
Skating
Reflexes
Aggression
Mental Toughness

If we used the same update scale as skaters it would be easier to be a goalie already because the number of attributes are less, but there are arguably more important ones for all goalies where as some skaters can ignore certain attributes (e.g. faceoffs)

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

11-25-2019, 04:28 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
11-25-2019, 04:25 PMligma Wrote: i like that build diversity will (hopefully) be a thing. I like pretty much everything about moving to FHM lol.

Cal doesn't really cover the negatives that go with a move to FHM, but from what we can tell the primary ones are more work for simmers (could hire additional workers for this), and a lack of individual game exports. We could work around the individual game details by either screenshots of the games, or having someone manually add them to the index, but obviously that would be a lot of work. Ideally OOTP listens and adds the individual games to the csv exports, if they do it makes this even more ideal.

Yep, this is more me trying to give just the positives to help those who feel apprehensive get a look at the positives. Since updating changes won't effect the masses I didn't list them but and since the individual exports have possible solutions I figured we shouldn't worry people with that until we know for sure what's happening.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

11-25-2019, 04:40 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
11-25-2019, 04:28 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Cal doesn't really cover the negatives that go with a move to FHM, but from what we can tell the primary ones are more work for simmers (could hire additional workers for this), and a lack of individual game exports. We could work around the individual game details by either screenshots of the games, or having someone manually add them to the index, but obviously that would be a lot of work. Ideally OOTP listens and adds the individual games to the csv exports, if they do it makes this even more ideal.

Yep, this is more me trying to give just the positives to help those who feel apprehensive get a look at the positives. Since updating changes won't effect the masses I didn't list them but and since the individual exports have possible solutions I figured we shouldn't worry people with that until we know for sure what's happening.

Here I go worrying everyone lol

Kidding of course, there's not much to worry about if you ask me, the pros of this far outweigh the cons.

11-25-2019, 04:32 PMSlashACM Wrote: Also cal u shit tryna make money off this smh

I'm broke :(

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

11-25-2019, 04:34 PMZoone16 Wrote: @caltroit_red_flames where the goalie scale at? :eyes:

Teddy already gave you the attributes but since you can change the scale in the spreadsheet by changing the numbers in the cost section you could look at what you think is a better scale than the one we have for skaters and see what you could make that way.

This brings up a good point though, goalies aren't getting a fair rub :eyes:

Is FHM like EHM where you can switch between 1-20 and 1-100 attributes?

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

11-25-2019, 04:48 PMスウェグキング Wrote: Is FHM like EHM where you can switch between 1-20 and 1-100 attributes?

Since they're stored in the DB as 1-20 if you do 1-100 only changes by multiples of 5 will actually effect the sim if we went the 1-100 route. I see where you're going but the only argument for doing it is that we've been doing 40-100 before now. Better to not obscure what actually effects the sim imo.

11-25-2019, 04:51 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
11-25-2019, 04:48 PMスウェグキング Wrote: Is FHM like EHM where you can switch between 1-20 and 1-100 attributes?

Since they're stored in the DB as 1-20 if you do 1-100 only changes by multiples of 5 will actually effect the sim if we went the 1-100 route. I see where you're going but the only argument for doing it is that we've been doing 40-100 before now. Better to not obscure what actually effects the sim imo.

Short answer, no.

11-25-2019, 04:38 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:

There's been lots of discussion about goalies too, debating whether it should be easier to be a goalie like it is now or if it should be harder than it is now and more on par with skaters. Here are the goalie attributes:
Positioning
Passing
Pokecheck
Blocker
Glove
Rebound
Recovery
Puckhandling
Low Shots
Skating
Reflexes
Aggression
Mental Toughness

If we used the same update scale as skaters it would be easier to be a goalie already because the number of attributes are less, but there are arguably more important ones for all goalies where as some skaters can ignore certain attributes (e.g. faceoffs)

20 in Aggression. Luca don't take no shit from anybody. Tongue

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

11-25-2019, 03:12 PMartermis Wrote: I've never had too much of an issue with STHS regarding build diversity.

This. Only thing is people have gotten really good at getting the best builds after 50 seasons so most people try and copy that.

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

11-25-2019, 05:30 PMLegend Wrote:
11-25-2019, 03:12 PMartermis Wrote: I've never had too much of an issue with STHS regarding build diversity.

This. Only thing is people have gotten really good at getting the best builds after 50 seasons so most people try and copy that.
So what you're saying is that there is no build diversity. Got it

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

11-25-2019, 04:28 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
11-25-2019, 04:25 PMligma Wrote: i like that build diversity will (hopefully) be a thing. I like pretty much everything about moving to FHM lol.

Cal doesn't really cover the negatives that go with a move to FHM, but from what we can tell the primary ones are more work for simmers (could hire additional workers for this), and a lack of individual game exports. We could work around the individual game details by either screenshots of the games, or having someone manually add them to the index, but obviously that would be a lot of work. Ideally OOTP listens and adds the individual games to the csv exports, if they do it makes this even more ideal.

yeah the individual game exports are a must, if they had those i would be 100% in on it

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

11-25-2019, 05:30 PMLegend Wrote:

I think it also has to do with the fact that the sim is not made for players to have builds like we end up getting to. It's not normal to have 99/90 stats everywhere. We're creating super players in the sim and that's where the element of randomness comes in to play.

I have always wanted to see more build diversity. I have never used FHM (or any other sim engine outside of STHS for that matter), but anything that promotes build diversity, I'm for. Clearly there are it's downfalls, but I really like the attributes and what you can do with a player. Also a huge fan of the tactics and the fact that coaches have an actual impact in the way their players are utilized and getting the most out of their team.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

when I joined the site I wanted to make a player that was relatively decent defensive forward while also being able to score and play up and down the lineup, sorta like Blake Coleman, so I was saddened to hear that defense is the best stat and that I would end up being a more generic sniper type of player. If we do ever move to FHM I'm going to be excited to make my player more like how I originally intended.