Create Account

The Positives of FHM

11-25-2019, 05:48 PMligma Wrote:
11-25-2019, 04:28 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Cal doesn't really cover the negatives that go with a move to FHM, but from what we can tell the primary ones are more work for simmers (could hire additional workers for this), and a lack of individual game exports. We could work around the individual game details by either screenshots of the games, or having someone manually add them to the index, but obviously that would be a lot of work. Ideally OOTP listens and adds the individual games to the csv exports, if they do it makes this even more ideal.

yeah the individual game exports are a must, if they had those i would be 100% in on it

We have a way around that until they're added to the game's export itself so I wouldn't worry about that.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

11-25-2019, 05:30 PMLegend Wrote:
11-25-2019, 03:12 PMartermis Wrote: I've never had too much of an issue with STHS regarding build diversity.

This. Only thing is people have gotten really good at getting the best builds after 50 seasons so most people try and copy that.

If you really think that you haven't been paying attention to everything that's happened. Checking is not just a stat it get hits, it hurts your team. If you want to win you want checking as low as possible. The best build is literally SC: 99, PH: 99, DF: 99, CK: 40, DI: 90, bank everything else. That's not a meta build, that's a broken sim.

Before 90+% of players had a checking weakness and were notified if they didn't have defense as a strength by the rookie mentors to rethink their build. The league is literally actively helping rookies conform to the meta build and it's only going to get worse now that we've found out that other builds are undeniably worse. This isn't a really good build, this is a build that is hands down the only build to make now.

FHM allows so many different player types, in fact it requires it to have good team because you can't just have snipers killing penalties otherwise your PK will be awful. You need shot blockers. You need grinders. The build diversity right now is awful, it's non existent.

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

BIG NEWS! We've found a way to do individual game exports!

@ligma since you were specifically talking about that I thought I'd tag ya

Can you list the negatives of FHM too

Thanks

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

The Negatives are bit harder to nail down as those are the things we are trying to figure out and fix. The biggest "negative" imo, right now is the change in update scale and the way builds would be implemented. I think the good here out weighs the negative but it would be a big hurdle.

Another negative is the single game outputs, which was a hurdle that the guys working on may have cleared tonight.

This is a quick rundown of the challenges that might present themselves with FHM. There are other things that are quirky that need work arounds, but I don't think are negatives. Is there anything you are hesitant on?

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

11-26-2019, 02:29 AMBoomcheck Wrote: Can you list the negatives of FHM too

Thanks

At this point I only see one. Individual game exports have been solved so that is no longer a problem.

The only downside is that updates will have to be down manually rather than by updaters using a spreadsheet like in STHS. We're working on finding a solution for that but unless the devs make the editor available or we were to try to crack the db files and make our own editor the updating will have to be done by hand.

the SHL's history will be preserved, casual members will be more useful as grinders and defensive defensemen than they currently are, I just don't see any downsides here. FHM is an out of the park home run.

what is about experience/leadership/injuries/motivation/morale?

or what is about randomness of the simulation on FHM 6?

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

hot take:

if we move to FHM we just make a new league,

maybe call it NSHL or something. It's gonna feel really bad for us players in our prime for shl to move to a new engine and have our builds hamstrung.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

11-26-2019, 02:52 AMTnlAstatine Wrote: hot take:

if we move to FHM we just make a new league,

maybe call it NSHL or something. It's gonna feel really bad for us players in our prime for shl to move to a new engine and have our builds hamstrung.

with formulas you can solve any problem!

you also should start with the standard build and then bring in your TPE in your new build! so for all it would be a fresh new start!

more questions are about regression and so on!

Challenge Cup Wins:

Four Star Cup Wins:

This looks pretty promising. Just need to get the right scale to apply TPE, but looking at the TPE Scale Helper you're pretty close.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019, 04:12 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Not being able to move the core of peoples builds into the next engine may be very exciting to our young players and for recreates. for our in prime and older players who have spent many seasons defining there players and honing in on there builds this could be a tough pill to swallow. I said this in teddys pod thread that if it all feels like a straight up do over league were gonna lose a key ingredient of what makes the SHL stand out.

If there are archetype builds in FHM, Something to consider is having each player use one that’s close to what they are using currently....How they allocate there tpe would be up to them within that restriction. This would provide alittle continuity into a new era.

I know this is the cards were dealt and we have to make the best of a tough situation.. So this post may be more of a shrink session  Cool

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Moving to FHM is the kinda thing that could help convince me to recreate after an appropriate post-Metzler break. It's also the kind of thing we should be sending a mass-email about to all registered accounts on the forum (who have opted into emails). The limits of STHS were one of the core things pushing people away.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

11-26-2019, 02:00 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: BIG NEWS! We've found a way to do individual game exports! 

@ligma since you were specifically talking about that I thought I'd tag ya

Cheers bro

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Honestly, this has me very excited. If we solved individual game exports, I really don't see anything that would speak against going to FHM.
I don't think that updating requiring more work is that big of a deal. The league has been growing for a while, there are enough people around looking for jobs to get some money.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

what about Endurance/Motivation/Morale/Experience?

I know that in STHS you can play with that ... that it can be changed during a season for Motivation and Morale!
for Endurance we have stamina ... how is the effect?
experience ... I dont see anything about experience? will that live with the simulator during a season?

Challenge Cup Wins:

Four Star Cup Wins: